PDA

View Full Version : Just hit me...

racm
05-26-2013, 09:01 PM
Kawhi Leonard hasn't played LeBron James since the preseason, and hasn't faced him in a game that matters since January 2012.

ShoogarBear
05-26-2013, 09:48 PM
Oh, at first I thought maybe you were into S&M.

ThePop
05-26-2013, 09:50 PM
LeBron James hasn't played Kawhi Leonard in a game that matters.

m33p0
05-26-2013, 09:53 PM
:nutkick: consider yourself hit.

ElNono
05-26-2013, 09:53 PM
I thought you were talking about the dubbie you smoked last night.... disregard...

wtgspurs
05-26-2013, 10:28 PM
I'm still waiting on his 30 point playoff game though...i think it might well come in that Series, "IF" the Spurs were to face them in Finals. Playing a great team always seems to bring out the best in Leonard.

tesseractive
05-26-2013, 10:43 PM
I'm still waiting on his 30 point playoff game though...i think it might well come in that Series, "IF" the Spurs were to face them in Finals. Playing a great team always seems to bring out the best in Leonard.
If he can keep LeBron contained, he can go 0-6 and I'd still be perfectly happy. His defense is the key to the series, not his offense.

SpurPadre
05-26-2013, 10:58 PM
What if we put Leonard on Wade and make Lebron be a one-man team? I mean, I don't think DG can be as effective shutting down Wade as he was against Klay Thompson because Wade is more explosive and more dimensional a player. Green also has more experience on Lebron's play from his days in Cleveland.

Jumi
05-26-2013, 11:03 PM
I'd rather have Kawhi guarding Wade and just let Green do his best against Lebron. You can't stop him so why try? The best thing to do is let Lebron score his points, but not get everyone else involved. Kawhi is great in the passing lanes and he has active hands. With Wade not fully healthy, Kawhi could be useful on both sides of the court instead of running out of gas trying to contain Lebron.

Mr. Body
05-26-2013, 11:22 PM
James is so fast, that's the major thing. He's huge and strong but also really fast. So Green is intriguing, the idea of putting Kawhi on Wade instead.

The extra problem with James, of course, is he's hugely coddled by the refs. The calls he gets, good lord.

callo1
05-27-2013, 01:50 AM
I'm sure that if the Spurs do in fact take care of business and close the Grizz out, and Miami makes it to the Finals, we would see many players thrown at James.

The ball denial scheme that is working so well with Randolph would be harder to pull off due to Lebron playing away from the basket. I could see Diaw, Danny, Kawhi, and possibly even Tmac all get a shot.

The question is, do you concede, and let Lebron get his, and try and clamp down on the rest, or do you try and cut the head of the snake off? I fear that trying to stop Lebron would get key players in foul trouble, so I don't know about that strategy. My guess is that Pop switches it up, and in key moments does his best do get the ball out of Lebron's hands, kind of like he did by placing Kawhi on Kobe in that first regular season game against the Lakers...difference is, Lebron will actually share the ball, unlike Kobe. Maybe Pop throws some zone at them.

I would expect that Miami would try and double Tony from time to time, like Memphis should have. Miami has no way of covering Tp one on one, and if they do double, that leaves the inside soft, or the shooters open...I really like the Spurs chances!!

Timmy and Tiago should be able to get theirs inside without too much opposition.

I would love Miami to try to cover Tp with Lebron...his legs would be gone late in games.

Brunodf
05-27-2013, 02:14 AM
I'd rather have Kawhi guarding Wade and just let Green do his best against Lebron. You can't stop him so why try? The best thing to do is let Lebron score his points, but not get everyone else involved. Kawhi is great in the passing lanes and he has active hands. With Wade not fully healthy, Kawhi could be useful on both sides of the court instead of running out of gas trying to contain Lebron.
Just no, Green was torched by Lebron. Other than Kawhi Pop should play Diaw/Splitter on Lebron.

phyzik
05-27-2013, 02:22 AM
Green and Kahwi will switch off between Wade and James. Diaw and Spitter will take on Bosch helping as much as possible against James and Wade.. Timmy will prowl the paint as backup defense.

apalisoc_9
05-27-2013, 02:40 AM
Green and Kahwi will switch off between Wade and James. Diaw and Spitter will take on Bosch helping as much as possible against James and Wade.. Timmy will prowl the paint as backup defense.

Yup.

johnnySpurs
05-27-2013, 08:04 AM
Lebron will not be looking to score 50, he looks to get his teammates involved. Play Kawhi on Lebron primarily and let him do his best. The key is not to let the rest of the team go off. We can afford to let Lebron get 25 - 30, we cannot afford for Wade, Bosh, Allen, Haslem, Cole and whoever else to get going too.

100%duncan
05-27-2013, 08:20 AM
Yeah