PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Are MVP awards actually team awards?

King Nupe
05-26-2013, 09:40 PM
Sure they go to one of the top five players, but isn't it because his team got the Number 1 seed? How many MVPs weren't a top 2 team?

TacoMeatJackson
05-26-2013, 09:42 PM
Nigga, snitch didn't deserve to be MVP in '06 and '07. Let that shit go.

Reck
05-26-2013, 09:43 PM

:lmao King nupe is so butthurt.

Nothing going his way lately. :lol

HarlemHeat37
05-26-2013, 09:43 PM
MVP + Finals MVP in the same season is the hallmark of greatness, tbh..

King Nupe
05-26-2013, 09:44 PM
:lmao King nupe is so butthurt.

Nothing going his way lately. :lol

16 > 2

AaronY
05-26-2013, 09:45 PM
Lol Kobe
Lol Torn Achilles

King Nupe
05-26-2013, 09:45 PM
MVP + Finals MVP in the same season is the hallmark of greatness, tbh..

Then wouldn't MVP with no finals MVP be detrimental? I mean the MVP should be favorite right?

Reck
05-26-2013, 09:46 PM
16 > 2

You fail/thread

jeebus
05-26-2013, 09:46 PM
why hasn't kool been pinked yet?

Clipper Nation
05-26-2013, 10:02 PM

Or '08, for that matter....

racm
05-26-2013, 10:05 PM

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Robin-Lopez-Suns-Bench-Shock-Reaction.gif

AaronY
05-26-2013, 10:09 PM
Kobe's just not an MVP level player is the consensus..

Rogue
05-26-2013, 10:14 PM
MVP (most VALUABLE player) is naturally a team award imho, as the name suggests. it measures a player's value to the TEAM, and it's not equal to the "best single player" or anything

Captivus
05-26-2013, 10:24 PM
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Robin-Lopez-Suns-Bench-Shock-Reaction.gif

:lmao I just cant get enough of that gif!

King Nupe
05-27-2013, 04:42 PM
MVP (most VALUABLE player) is naturally a team award imho, as the name suggests. it measures a player's value to the TEAM, and it's not equal to the "best single player" or anything

Exactly, I think it should weigh less than people make it. Plus, it's media awarded anyway

midnightpulp
05-27-2013, 05:21 PM
Exactly, I think it should weigh less than people make it. Plus, it's media awarded anyway

Translation: "I don't think they should be given much weight because Kobe only has 1."

If Kobe had multiple MVPs, you can bet his dumbass fanboys would put the award on a pedestal as the highest individual honor a player can achieve.

Just like prior to '09, when Kobe fanboys dismissed rings as nothing more than team accomplishments (which is the only case of them ever being right), but once Kobe captured his 4th and 5th, rings suddenly transformed into the be-all, end all player achievement.

whitemamba
05-27-2013, 05:42 PM
Translation: "I don't think they should be given much weight because Kobe only has 1."

If Kobe had multiple MVPs, you can bet his dumbass fanboys would put the award on a pedestal as the highest individual honor a player can achieve.

Just like prior to '09, when Kobe fanboys dismissed rings as nothing more than team accomplishments (which is the only case of them ever being right), but once Kobe captured his 4th and 5th, rings suddenly transformed into the be-all, end all player achievement.

Who was the best player in 06 and 07?

midnightpulp
05-27-2013, 05:47 PM
Who was the best player in 06 and 07?

Wade in '06, Bron in '07.

spurraider21
05-27-2013, 05:51 PM

:worthy:

preach, brother

whitemamba
05-27-2013, 05:54 PM
Wade in '06, Bron in '07.

Free Throw Star, and LeNoshow... we can compare rosters between the cavs and lakers if you want to get into a deeper discussion. Kobe was clearly the best player in the league both those years.

midnightpulp
05-27-2013, 06:05 PM
Free Throw Star, and LeNoshow... we can compare rosters between the cavs and lakers if you want to get into a deeper discussion. Kobe was clearly the best player in the league both those years.

Lol "clearly."

Kobe didn't once lead the league in PER during those years and he under-performed against the Suns in the '06 series, despite having enough help from his supporting cast, as I've proven before. He also threw a tantrum and quit on his team in game 7. "Best players in the league" don't do things like that. And in '07, Lebron, with a supporting cast equally as shitty, led his team to the NBA Finals. Say all you want about the "Leastern" conference, but that Pistons team the Cavs beat in the Eastern Conference Finals was just as good, if not better, than the '07 Suns the Lakers lost to in the 1st round.

If it makes you feel better, Kobe was probably the best overall player in '08. However, what makes me reconsider that notion is is the fact Lebron performed much better against those Celtics than Kobe did. But I'll be generous and give Kobe a pass for making it to the Finals, whereas Lebron lost in the 2nd round.

spurraider21
05-27-2013, 06:32 PM
Lol "clearly."

Kobe didn't once lead the league in PER during those years and he under-performed against the Suns in the '06 series, despite having enough help from his supporting cast, as I've proven before. He also threw a tantrum and quit on his team in game 7. "Best players in the league" don't do things like that. And in '07, Lebron, with a supporting cast equally as shitty, led his team to the NBA Finals. Say all you want about the "Leastern" conference, but that Pistons team the Cavs beat in the Eastern Conference Finals was just as good, if not better, than the '07 Suns the Lakers lost to in the 1st round.

If it makes you feel better, Kobe was probably the best overall player in '08. However, what makes me reconsider that notion is is the fact Lebron performed much better against those Celtics than Kobe did. But I'll be generous and give Kobe a pass for making it to the Finals, whereas Lebron lost in the 2nd round.
Considering they lost to the same team, does it rreally make a difference what round they lost in?

HI-FI
05-27-2013, 06:37 PM
why hasn't kool been pinked yet?
DMC supposedly has a theory on this that goes beyond the Extra Stout situation. I wonder what it is, other than ES uses various proxy servers to hide his tracks.

scanry
05-27-2013, 07:10 PM
Lol "clearly."

to the eventual champs in Game 7.

King Nupe
05-27-2013, 07:14 PM
DMC (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=20665) supposedly has a theory on this that goes beyond the Extra Stout situation. I wonder what it is, other than ES uses various proxy servers to hide his tracks.

Because maybe in not Kool?

CitizenDwayne
05-27-2013, 07:15 PM
As Kobe is entering his twilight years and resorting to Facebook and Twitter to fuel his massive craving for attention, shit like this is getting more and more pathetic. Find someone else to fellate, Lakerfan.