PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Foul calling for stars now?

jermaine
05-27-2013, 11:30 AM
I've watched the way refs call fouls so far, an they haven't seem to show anyone favoritism. Especially Labrick. That im very surprised. I really haven't seen to many "Superstar" calls this playoff. Anyone agree or disagree?

AaronY
05-27-2013, 11:32 AM
If Lebron gets calls anywhere its on the other end; he gets to play pretty physical defense without seemingly ever getting into foul trouble..

jermaine
05-27-2013, 12:13 PM
He had 5 fouls in gm 1 of this series. The coach should've went at him every play. Then he would've been able to hit.the gm winner.

AaronY
05-27-2013, 12:20 PM
He had 5 fouls in gm 1 of this series. The coach should've went at him every play. Then he would've been able to hit.the gm winner.
He also had a stretch where he had 0 fouls in 240 minutes this year and its not like some Amare Stoudamire who doesn't wanna take fouls because he doesn't want to sit and doesn't play defense besides..

jermaine
05-27-2013, 01:00 PM
I'm speaking of the playoffs. Besides the tec called on Sam Young when he got tangled with Labrick. In which the reply shows Young didn't even say anything to Labrick an James was doing all the talking but Young got the tec. Thats all I've really seen this playoffs that I think was one sided. I've actually seen Labrick getting beat up going to the basket an dont get calls. Not only him, but everyone. The calls Parker normally gets, he's not getting them. Makes me wonder what kinda NBA finals we're going to have. An old school basketball feel or a David Stern loves the Heat feel. Are they realizing the people don't wanna see a parade to the line an a lopsided ft attempt by 1 team.

dbestpro
05-27-2013, 01:55 PM
Are they realizing the people don't wanna see a parade to the line an a lopsided ft attempt by 1 team.

It's not about the game. It's about the merchandising. NBA merchandising has fallen the past year to about $675 million. The Heat has maintained their sales, which is the norm for a defending champion, but sales dropped everywhere else. Overseas sales equals about 25% of current NBA total sales. It's projected that in a few years 50-60% of NBA merchandise will be sold overseas. Kind of interesting that the Spurs, which is one of the more international favored teams (not so much in US) has a renaissance just when the NBA is looking towards more international merchandising.

pad300
05-27-2013, 02:36 PM
You missed the Dwyane Wade Flying Elbow strike:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/BBVK0CDo8O0

Initially no call, post game upgraded to a Flagrant 1. Which is complete nonsense, as the NBA refereeing guidelines say that a deliberate blow to the head is a multi-game suspension...

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/04/18/flagrant.technical/

When a player seeks out an opponent and throws an elbow which makes any contact above the shoulders, a Flagrant Foul Penalty 2 will be assessed.

AaronY
05-27-2013, 02:40 PM
Wades just lucky that elbow didnt connect or the Heats second most valuable player would be off the court for multiple games..Really dunno what he was thinking Heat need him on the court as much as possible and by him I mean Stephenson of course..

pad300
05-27-2013, 03:00 PM
Wades just lucky that elbow didnt connect or the Heats second most valuable player would be off the court for multiple games..Really dunno what he was thinking Heat need him on the court as much as possible and by him I mean Stephenson of course..

I see what you done there, and Lance Stephenson's mom wants you to know that you ain't as funny as you think you are...

Rogue
05-27-2013, 08:19 PM
have to admit that stern has been less of an asshole in this year's playoffs than previous years. he helped Lakers gain the playoff spot in the regular season which was blatant enough, but the playoffs have been fairly whistled overall this postseason, and that's why teams like clippers and lakers got eliminated early on imho

Phillip
05-27-2013, 08:33 PM
shut up jermaine

jermaine
05-27-2013, 09:04 PM
shut up jermaine
Heeeey Pussyfart! I've missed you Pussyplum.

Rogue
05-27-2013, 09:14 PM
^ jermaine is a legit nigga and he's right with this. superstars have been receiving foul callings w/o no exemption this postseason which you didn't see in the regular season nor the previous seasons. for example, in game one vs. pacers both bron and wade each carried 5 fouls during the crunch minutes and wade was even fouled out before bron's 2.2 play.

Phillip
05-27-2013, 10:34 PM
Heeeey Pussyfart! I've missed you Pussyplum.
:ban: