PDA

View Full Version : Meltdown: Gary Neal is a disgrace...

ElNono
05-27-2013, 11:51 AM
But it's on Pop... how many minutes are we gonna keep on giving to this turd that's a complete pussy and disappears in the playoffs????

Now he's passing up shots too... I thought Pop was over this man-crush? WTF? Why keep trusting this asshole all year long well aware he pulls this bullshit now?

This isn't the Los Angeles D-Leaguers... it's the WCF!

:pctoss :pctoss :pctoss

2centsworth
05-27-2013, 12:03 PM
But it's on Pop... how many minutes are we gonna keep on giving to this turd that's a complete pussy and disappears in the playoffs????

Now he's passing up shots too... I thought Pop was over this man-crush? WTF? Why keep trusting this asshole all year long well aware he pulls this bullshit now?

This isn't the Los Angeles D-Leaguers... it's the WCF!

:pctoss :pctoss :pctoss

Neal has to be forced to pass-up shots. He's plenty confident in missing bad shots. What choice do we have when COJO gives you absolutely nothing on the offensive end? We can't run Tony into the ground.

SuperDave
05-27-2013, 12:12 PM
Neal has been playing hurt basically all year and it's messed up his shot. It's not mental or emotional, it's physical.

Mel_13
05-27-2013, 12:13 PM
:rollin

tenbeersbold
05-27-2013, 12:14 PM
http://o.aolcdn.com/dims-global/dims3/GLOB/resize/600x600/quality/60/http://www.blogcdn.com/www.spinner.com/media/2012/09/screamin-jay-hawkins.jpg

ElNono
05-27-2013, 01:13 PM
:rollin

:lol

Mugen
05-27-2013, 01:26 PM

Humberto
05-27-2013, 01:32 PM
Gary Neal's shot is about as bad as Adam Jackson's, tbh.

Duncan2177
05-27-2013, 01:37 PM
Mcgrady should get Neals minutes.

SenorSpur
05-27-2013, 02:21 PM
I don't care what his issues are. This experiment has run it's course. Let him walk. Enough of these undersized guys already. Spurs could use a backup perimeter player with more size and more well-rounded skills.

FkLA
05-27-2013, 02:27 PM
If the Spurs need a three, there are still very few guys Id trust to take the shot over Gary 'balls of steel' Neal tbh.

Floyd Pacquiao
05-27-2013, 02:47 PM
lol pop
lol pop making neal guard conley
lol neal sagging off pondexter per par allowing him to drop 9 3s
lol pop giving neal back up point guard minutes

Bill_Brasky
05-27-2013, 04:05 PM
Game would have been sealed if Neal hits Timmy wide open under the basket with 2min left instead of forcing that brick that led to Pondexter's 3 :pctoss

urunobili
05-27-2013, 04:43 PM
He's been with plantar fascitis all season... give the guy a break at least he's playing through pain... jeez...

Obstructed_View
05-27-2013, 04:52 PM
What choice do we have when COJO gives you absolutely nothing on the offensive end?

Yes, much better to up the ante with a guy who also gives you absolutely nothing on the defensive end too.

kaji157
05-27-2013, 06:32 PM
I would like Patty Mills to get Nealīs minutes.
He has similar knowledge of the system, and is not injuried.
On defense both suck, so no difference there. On offense Mills has more PG cappabilities and his shot has been better this year.

m33p0
05-27-2013, 06:43 PM
If the Spurs need a three, there are still very few guys Id trust to take the shot over Gary 'balls of steel' Neal tbh.

as much as i hate to admit it, this is true.

admiralsnackbar
05-27-2013, 06:43 PM
http://o.aolcdn.com/dims-global/dims3/GLOB/resize/600x600/quality/60/http://www.blogcdn.com/www.spinner.com/media/2012/09/screamin-jay-hawkins.jpg

:toast

DMC
05-27-2013, 07:12 PM
He's not a disgrace. He's gotten a bigger role than he can handle. When he's coming off screens and getting spot up jumpers he's fine, but when he has to create off the dribble things change, and he doesn't know what "flow of the game" means. He doesn't think about the shot clock, the score, what we need or what we don't. He just shoots.

3 Legged Dog
05-27-2013, 07:34 PM
Mcgrady should get Neals minutes.

He will. Next year.

3 Legged Dog
05-27-2013, 07:36 PM
I don't care what his issues are. This experiment has run it's course. Let him walk. Enough of these undersized guys already. Spurs could use a backup perimeter player with more size and more well-rounded skills.

I wholeheartedly agree. I have often felt that Pop and RC made a mistake when they gave up on James Anderson too soon, only to go with Neal.... Who can't defend my Mom. can't dribble for shit. And is streaky on offense, to be kind.

3 Legged Dog
05-27-2013, 07:40 PM
He's not a disgrace. He's gotten a bigger role than he can handle. When he's coming off screens and getting spot up jumpers he's fine, but when he has to create off the dribble things change, and he doesn't know what "flow of the game" means. He doesn't think about the shot clock, the score, what we need or what we don't. He just shoots.

But he might the worse defensive player (tied with DeColo) in the Popovich era. He really is a horrific defender and he is such a pitiful ball handler..... He not only cannot create for anyone else, he can barely create for himself. Pretty bad for a "scorer"

3 Legged Dog
05-27-2013, 07:42 PM
He's been with plantar fascitis all season... give the guy a break at least he's playing through pain... jeez...

I can't wait to see him off of this roster.

DMC
05-27-2013, 07:45 PM
But he might the worse defensive player (tied with DeColo) in the Popovich era. He really is a horrific defender and he is such a pitiful ball handler..... He not only cannot create for anyone else, he can barely create for himself. Pretty bad for a "scorer"

So you say he cannot create then say he's a scorer? There are a lot of spot up shooters in the league who cannot create for themselves. Gary came into the league as a spot up shooter, and now he's being asked to create. He's not fresh out of college, what he has is what he has.

therealtruth
05-27-2013, 07:58 PM
Neal would never have gotten any minutes on those championship Spurs teams cause of his lack of defense. Our best defensive performances have come in games where he hasn't played alot of minutes. You can really only play him when you can hide him on defense.

tenbeersbold
05-28-2013, 04:02 AM
LOL! Really Gary Neal ?!?

Dude makes 850K a year and yer gonna bitch about his production ?!?

Averages almost 10 ppg,shoots 40% from 3pt land and y'all gonna bitch about THAT @ less than a million a year

Christ on a crutch any NBA team would take him off our hands,dudes a BARGAIN and maybe his defense isnt the greatest but he has gotten better at it,honestly wtf more do you want for that pay?!?!!!!!

Besides dude being injured has probably helped the Spurs as his market value has probably cooled off a bit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcJZBD45Gk4

racm
05-28-2013, 04:24 AM
Every team has a designated chucker, even if they're an uber-efficient team like San Antonio, tbh.

Then again he's only the 9th man off the bench.

BatManu20
05-28-2013, 04:27 AM
LOL! Really Gary Neal ?!?

Dude makes 850K a year and yer gonna bitch about his production ?!?

Averages almost 10 ppg,shoots 40% from 3pt land and y'all gonna bitch about THAT @ less than a million a year

Christ on a crutch any NBA team would take him off our hands,dudes a BARGAIN and maybe his defense isnt the greatest but he has gotten better at it,honestly wtf more do you want for that pay?!?!!!!!

Besides dude being injured has probably helped the Spurs as his market value has probably cooled off a bit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcJZBD45Gk4

Welcome to ST.