PDA

View Full Version : Shout-out to all the cliff jumpers..

HarlemHeat37
05-27-2013, 10:45 PM
At least 75% of this forum quit on the Spurs at some point this season..

A lot of people here had the balls to pick the Lakers in round 1..half the forum quit during the Golden State series and prior to Memphis :lol..

Now these same posters will celebrate and act like they believed in the Spurs the entire season..fucking pussy boys, tbh:lol..

timtonymanu
05-27-2013, 10:48 PM
Pussy boy checking in, tbh.

:lol picking Memphis in 6

RD2191
05-27-2013, 10:50 PM
STFU, "oh look at me im a true fan cuz i never doubt my team". whine some more buddy

Spursfanfromafar
05-27-2013, 10:50 PM
I picked the Spurs in 5. Never thought they will sweep. They proved me wrong.

What a team. What leadership. What composure. What perseverance.

This has been a great journey for Popovich, Parker, Duncan, Ginobili, Splitter, Leonard, Green, Joseph, Neal, Diaw, Bonner, Mills, De Colo, Baynes, Blair and McGrady. Lets hope they take that effort into the Finals as well.

Go Spurs Go!

KaiRMD1
05-27-2013, 10:51 PM
I'm a bitch, checking in but if the quitting helped this team (jinx wise) I will continue to quit on them.

HarlemHeat37
05-27-2013, 10:52 PM
STFU, "oh look at me im a true fan cuz i never doubt my team". whine some more buddy

The biggest drama queen of all, tbh:lol..

weeks
05-27-2013, 10:52 PM
i never stopped believing.
sure didn't see this sweep coming though. pleasant surprise. happy to be mistaken.

robdiaz is the worst. i swear he has some psychological issue that makes him take perverse pleasure in poor performance by the team.

HarlemHeat37
05-27-2013, 10:53 PM
I don't really mind the people that picked Memphis to win the series or whatever..

I'm referring to the people that actually quit on the team, not just picked against them, which was very common on ST this season, tbh..

Spurs9
05-27-2013, 10:55 PM
You would know about cliffs mr broke back mountain tbh

Cry Havoc
i never stopped believing.
sure didn't see this sweep coming though. pleasant surprise. happy to be mistaken.

robdiaz is the worst. i swear he has some psychological issue that makes him take perverse pleasure in poor performance by the team.

Seriously. Although oddly enough in game 3 he was the calmest person in chat. Fucking bizarre, but whatever.

I don't really mind the people that picked Memphis to win the series or whatever..

I'm referring to the people that actually quit on the team, not just picked against them, which was very common on ST this season, tbh..

Well said. There's a difference between thinking your team might be outmatched and whining "it's over" in the first quarter because we're down 4 points. :pctoss

Kool Bob Love
Great thread.

RD2191
05-27-2013, 10:56 PM
gtfo, I called a Spurs sweep of the Grizz

dav4463
05-27-2013, 10:58 PM
I admit I had my doubts, but I never give up.

Arcadian
05-27-2013, 10:58 PM
Yeah, pretty much why I made the thread called "lol Quitters"

capek
05-27-2013, 10:59 PM
Not me. I think I got blacked this season because I was one of the few that kept maintaining that optimistic vibe. I thought a finals berth was possible, after the Harden trade, and Kawhi and Danny having another year under their belt. Still can't believe we're really there though. So amazing to be back in the finals. So happy right now!

TE
05-27-2013, 11:01 PM
Throughout the season I never doubted. Let's fucking do this shit!

Brazil
05-27-2013, 11:03 PM
Never quit on the team tbh but I called Memphis in 6. Glad I was utterly wrong

DieHardSpursFan1537
05-27-2013, 11:05 PM
This thread is useless

JingleJangleJingle
05-27-2013, 11:06 PM
i never lost faith...my name should get bolded tbh.

SanDiegoSpursFan
05-27-2013, 11:06 PM
I gave up on the season after the Miami game. Obviously I'm not very bright, though I thought the Spurs could make the WCF easily.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-27-2013, 11:11 PM

A lot of people here had the balls to pick the Lakers in round 1..half the forum quit during the Golden State series and prior to Memphis :lol..

Now these same posters will celebrate and act like they believed in the Spurs the entire season..fucking pussy boys, tbh:lol..

Fuckin aye. :tu

To finish the season I was very concerned about the team because the injuries had put us out of whack. I called Spurs in 5 for the Fakers series, and as theat wound on we looked to be regaining some form, if slowly. Picked Spurs in 6 over the Warriors with our greater experience winning through in the end (exactly what happened), but knew it would be a tough series as they were hot and a terrible matchup for us, especially with Splitter out and a very thin front line. Then I called Spurs in 7 for this series and am quite stunned that we've swept them... Grizz just ran out of ideas on how to slow us down and never had the guns on offence to mount a challenge. Onward and upward!

You're the worst of them. You regularly cliff-jump in the 1st quarter and proclaim the game "over" when we drop a lead from 15 to 8. YOU are the whiny fuckin bitch here, and it's hilarious that you'd pretend otherwise. :lmao

Capt Bringdown
05-27-2013, 11:12 PM
I didn't believe the Spurs would make it to the finals & now my cup runneth over.
I'd rather cherish the surprise, joy and wonder than be a smug, know-it-all jackass.

OK, you eat believe corn flakes for breakfast and shit silver and black turds at night.

"Believe" all you want, but it's not some fucking moral imperative that you can lord over other fans.
GFY, in other words.

RD2191
05-27-2013, 11:13 PM
Oh wow ruff n ready is a superfan on st, gtfo fagget

Aztecfan03
05-27-2013, 11:14 PM
Never lost faith either. Big 3 was healthy enough to dominate, but Parker even exceeded my expectations so far.

Jumi
Never a cliff jumper!!! We are STILL the San Antonio Muthafuckin Spurs!!!

GSG!

timvp
:lol @ cliff jumpers

Kidd K
FUCK! My take on Spurs/Grizz series was wrong. I had Spurs in 5.

HarlemHeat37
05-27-2013, 11:15 PM
:lol Capt Bringdown, one of the biggest cliff jumpers in history, tbh..this nigga quits after every bad quarter..

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-27-2013, 11:18 PM
Oh wow ruff n ready is a superfan on st, gtfo fagget

It's not about me, it's about you. Get some fucking perspective and stop cliff-jumping every 2 seconds and I'll leave you alone.

PBEEZY
05-27-2013, 11:18 PM
Yea, fuck those bitches B

RD2191
05-27-2013, 11:21 PM
And I cliffed jumped when during this series?

RD2191
05-27-2013, 11:22 PM
Leavd me alone? :lmao im sooooo scared. :lmao

Chinook
05-27-2013, 11:23 PM

You tell 'em. Can you believe some people actually thought Memphis was the overwhelming favorite in this series?

sananspursfan21
05-27-2013, 11:24 PM
still got a lot of cliff jumpers for the upcoming series... feel like those who believe in them against the heat (including me) are a very rare breed

howbouthemspurs
05-27-2013, 11:25 PM
Always keep the faith!

stephen jackson
05-27-2013, 11:28 PM
we looked so bad the last two months come on,
but everything fell in place just right so far now its all about wills

The Reckoning
05-27-2013, 11:30 PM
troll feeding frenzy. go easy on the greys. they just lost their finals virginity.

blkroadrunners
05-27-2013, 11:31 PM
I love this team.

jesterbobman
05-27-2013, 11:35 PM
It's OK to be concerned about how a team is playing, or feel that they're unlikely to win. Fandom involves realising that your team has a shot, hoping that your 1 shot will come out positively, and enjoying the ride and the journey, rather than just the joy when it comes out with your team winning.

SayTown
05-27-2013, 11:39 PM
Just wait till the first loss against Miami

HarlemHeat37
05-27-2013, 11:41 PM
I don't have a problem with picking against the Spurs, tbh..being a blind homer is almost as annoying as pessimistic cliff-jumpers, tbh..

I've picked against the Spurs many times, including every year prior to this season's run..

However, people that were claiming shitty teams like the Lakers, Nuggets, Warriors, etc would beat the struggling Spurs in the playoffs are fucking cliff jumpers, tbh..

People that made threads about the Spurs losing the series and having no chance because Klay Thompson and Harrison Barnes are too good are fucking imbeciles, tbh..

There's a difference between picking an elite team like the Heat to beat the Spurs, as opposed to quitting on the team after game 2 against the shitty Warriors or after the Spurs string of injuries in March:lol..

SpursRock20
05-27-2013, 11:41 PM
Proud to say that I never jumped ship while many were going into the playoffs. I attributed their lack of consistency heading into the playoffs due to the rest and recent injuries and figured they would come around in the playoffs. But I did not count on them sweeping in the WCF.

hooperflash
05-27-2013, 11:43 PM
quit feeding rob fellas...

Anyway, 4 More!

therealtruth
05-27-2013, 11:45 PM
The reason the Spurs are back is the championship defense is back. They're going to need to keep playing that defense to win it all. I think the reason I though the Spurs would win against the Grizzlies is that their defense was very good against the explosive Warriors. I really didn't think the Grizzlies stood a chance since their offense isn't as good.

Spur|n|Austin
05-28-2013, 06:48 AM
Bunch of quitters in here; I never lost faith an never will.

silverblk mystix
05-28-2013, 06:53 AM
OP's name is Harlem HEAT...LOL

SA210
05-28-2013, 06:56 AM
I picked the Spurs to get back to the Finals at the beginning of the season, tbh. Picked them to sweep Memphis too :tu I may not agree with every Pop move (Bonner/Neal) so much, but I always had faith in my team. :tu

I won't cliff jump against Miami either, if that's who we play.

exstatic
05-28-2013, 06:59 AM

He's not the whiner, tbh...

TheChillFactor
05-28-2013, 06:59 AM
This season? Dude I've been in since '89 and haven't lost hope. For the people that picked Memphis, now you are wrong and look like a douche. Congrats!

pgardn
05-28-2013, 07:20 AM
Most of this board uses the last game as a marker for the entire season. Young bipolar fans.

I had no expectations of this team making the finals at the beginning of the season. All I wanted was a team doing well enough on limited talent to show the rest of the NBA that there are alternatives to winning other than the mind numbing Kobe Lebron iso. And I got that. Last season was great for me as well.

Did anyone call Tim Duncan's resurgence?
Danny Green and Leonard giving us the great perimeter D?
Manu fully healthy for the playoffs?

Who has the crystal ball? Did anyone post Duncan would be 1st team all NBA?

I put my wife on the list of quitters. She melted down during the 3rd game and went to sleep thinking we lost. I smacked her with a pillow after overtime and left the house. She never knew what hit her.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-28-2013, 08:03 AM
I don't have a problem with picking against the Spurs, tbh..being a blind homer is almost as annoying as pessimistic cliff-jumpers, tbh..

I've picked against the Spurs many times, including every year prior to this season's run..

However, people that were claiming shitty teams like the Lakers, Nuggets, Warriors, etc would beat the struggling Spurs in the playoffs are fucking cliff jumpers, tbh..

People that made threads about the Spurs losing the series and having no chance because Klay Thompson and Harrison Barnes are too good are fucking imbeciles, tbh..

There's a difference between picking an elite team like the Heat to beat the Spurs, as opposed to quitting on the team after game 2 against the shitty Warriors or after the Spurs string of injuries in March:lol..

:tu

Exactly. A cliff-jumper is NOT someone who picks against the Spurs to start a series, or who rightly analyses the team's mistakes, or who criticises the team when they deserve it, those are active fans who care about their team.

A cliff-jumper is someone who calls the game lost in the first quarter, or melts down every time a lead gets pegged back or the other team goes on a run. A cliff-jumper is someone who thinks a game 2 loss means the end of a series, or someone who vows not to watch the team again after a poor game like a petulant child (but then always comes back as if no-one noticed). A cliff-jumper is someone without long-term perspective, who cannot see the big picture. For cliff-jumpers the only satisfaction lies in easy wins and a journey without adversity and character. I don't know why cliff-jumpers bother supporting teams at all.

The glory of a run like this lies only partly in the destination - the far more satisfying part is the bumps overcome during the journey.

100%duncan
05-28-2013, 08:29 AM
:lol timvp
:lol timtonymanu

:lol

:toast

100%duncan
05-28-2013, 08:30 AM
BatManu20

Golden State is just the better team.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

spurspokesman
05-28-2013, 08:32 AM
I had spurs in 5. Boy was I wrong

capek
05-28-2013, 09:58 AM

https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/1078664648/fry_bigger.jpg

timtonymanu
05-28-2013, 10:07 AM
:lol timvp
:lol timtonymanu

:lol

According to Harlem's post, I'm still in good position. :toast

But still, :lol me.

I at least admit I was wrong.

100%duncan
05-28-2013, 10:08 AM
According to Harlem's post, I'm still in good position. :toast

But still, :lol me.

I at least admit I was wrong.

Just messing with ya. :lol

Obstructed_View
05-28-2013, 10:13 AM
People who compare their "fandom" to others are dumbasses.

Obstructed_View
05-28-2013, 10:14 AM
:tu

Exactly. A cliff-jumper is NOT someone who picks against the Spurs to start a series, or who rightly analyses the team's mistakes, or who criticises the team when they deserve it, those are active fans who care about their team.

A cliff-jumper is someone who calls the game lost in the first quarter, or melts down every time a lead gets pegged back or the other team goes on a run. A cliff-jumper is someone who thinks a game 2 loss means the end of a series, or someone who vows not to watch the team again after a poor game like a petulant child (but then always comes back as if no-one noticed). A cliff-jumper is someone without long-term perspective, who cannot see the big picture. For cliff-jumpers the only satisfaction lies in easy wins and a journey without adversity and character. I don't know why cliff-jumpers bother supporting teams at all.

The glory of a run like this lies only partly in the destination - the far more satisfying part is the bumps overcome during the journey.

So is cliff-jumping okay when the Spurs were getting swept by Phoenix and lost 4-1 to the Lakers?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-29-2013, 05:10 PM
So is cliff-jumping okay when the Spurs were getting swept by Phoenix and lost 4-1 to the Lakers?

If what I wrote above isn't clear enough then I can't help you - try reading it again because your question doesn't make any sense in the context of what I wrote. And if you still don't understand what I wrote try the game thread some time and you'll see what I'm talking about.

hater
05-29-2013, 05:18 PM
says the guy who rides the Heat and Lebron's dick on the side :lmao :lmao

:lol mad about the refs

:lol Heat don't get any calls

:lol his teamates quit

:lmao OP

RD2191
05-29-2013, 05:22 PM
says the guy who rides the Heat and Lebron's dick on the side :lmao :lmao

:lol mad about the refs

:lol Heat don't get any calls

:lmao

:lol his teamates quit

:lmao OP

spurraider21
05-29-2013, 05:33 PM
Not me. I think I got blacked this season because I was one of the few that kept maintaining that optimistic vibe. I thought a finals berth was possible, after the Harden trade, and Kawhi and Danny having another year under their belt. Still can't believe we're really there though. So amazing to be back in the finals. So happy right now!
Ditto

Budkin
05-29-2013, 05:47 PM
I honestly didn't think the Spurs could get past OKC once all the injuries started. Luckily everyone got better and Westbrook went down. I haven't picked against the Spurs yet in the playoffs and won't in the Finals, but I'll admit that playing the Heat will be the toughest Finals the Spurs have had, even more so than the Pistons in 2005. Their chances are not great.

capek
05-29-2013, 06:13 PM
Ditto

Ya that's right! Kinda like we graduated in the same class. :toast

Hoops Czar
05-29-2013, 06:27 PM

You jumped ship in 2010 and you're calling out the quitters and non-believers after the Spurs backed their way into the postseason and folowing the Westbrook injury? Kind of Surreal if you ask me, tbh.

therealtruth
05-29-2013, 11:10 PM
Since '11 I've felt the only way the Spurs had a shot at the championship was Splitter playing a major role. He's the lynchpin. Even in '10 I think if Pop had used Dice more we would have been better off.

JRHernandez88
05-30-2013, 12:22 AM
Never doubted my squad

Legacy
05-30-2013, 01:49 AM
:cry I never stopped believing, tbqfh. :cry

Sean Cagney
05-30-2013, 01:53 AM
FUCK! My take on Spurs/Grizz series was wrong. I had Spurs in 5.

What you really meant though was SPURS #5 man! Thats what you meant! You were one game off in that series but you were right on the titles ;)

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-30-2013, 02:30 AM
Since '11 I've felt the only way the Spurs had a shot at the championship was Splitter playing a major role. He's the lynchpin. Even in '10 I think if Pop had used Dice more we would have been better off.

Good call on Splitter. Our team slowly regained some form in the first round but seemed to take a step back when Splitter went down. He wasn't great in his first two games back during the Warriors series as he clearly wasn't confident on the ankle, but he really came on after that and so did the whole team. Splitter is absolutely crucial to this team's success.

Kidd K
05-30-2013, 02:40 AM
What you really meant though was SPURS #5 man! Thats what you meant! You were one game off in that series but you were right on the titles ;)

Yeah that's it, that's what I meant! :lobt2:

unforeseen
05-30-2013, 03:52 AM
Picked the Spurs in 7 in all three rounds.
Spurs in 6 against Pacers/Heat.