PDA

View Full Version : We should want the Paceers to win

TheyCallMePro
05-28-2013, 12:05 AM
Who cares about competition? I want this team to win the Championship. Besides, if the Heat beat us it will feel a million times worse than if the Pacers and George Hill beat us.

This team will forever be defined by how many championships it wins. Not who they beat in those championships. The important thing is winning. That's all that matters in the long run. The Spurs understand that, and I'm sure they're rooting for the Pacers to win too. I know Tony Parker is texting George Hill encouragement everyday in their series.

Think about it, if the Pacers somehow win their series vs the Heat, then we don't even have to sweat it. The Championship is ours. There's no way we lose to the Pacers in a 7 game series. No freaking way. The Heat on the other hand, are a different story.

If you're rooting for the Heat to beat the Pacers and set up an epic Final...then you're not thinking in the best interests of the Spurs. You're sacrificing a few moments in time of hype in exchange for a better shot at this team cementing their legacy and winning another championship.

honestfool84
05-28-2013, 12:21 AM
seriously?

Spurs beating the Heat in the Finals would be 100x sweeter than the Spurs beating the Pacers.

not that the Spurs beating the Pacers wouldn't be sweet... just clarifying.

SayTown
05-28-2013, 12:24 AM
There is no reason to even think about the Spurs playing the Pacers

T Park
05-28-2013, 12:29 AM
The banner would hang no differently playing Indiana ....

TheyCallMePro
05-28-2013, 12:29 AM
seriously?

Spurs beating the Heat in the Finals would be 100x sweeter than the Spurs beating the Pacers.

not that the Spurs beating the Pacers wouldn't be sweet... just clarifying.

You'd risk losing to the Heat rather than winning a Championship vs the Pacers? You really want to play the Heat that badly?

Seriously, if we play the Pacers were winning the Championship. No doubt about it. If we play the Heat, sure, the Finals will be epic, but who cares if we lose it in the long run?

z0sa
05-28-2013, 12:32 AM
In no way, shape or form are the Pacers considered an EZ out. Either East team could beat the Spurs if they do not play at the top of their games.

Old School 44
05-28-2013, 12:37 AM
Doesn't matter to me at this point. I'd be happy to play the Bobcats or the Generals in the Finals. I'm just so glad the big three have another shot at it. Thanks Spurs for continuing this fantastic ride. Go Spurs Go!

Sean Cagney
05-28-2013, 12:38 AM
There is no reason to even think about the Spurs playing the Pacers

NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NONE.
Doesn't matter to me at this point. I'd be happy to play the Bobcats or the Generals in the Finals. I'm just so glad the big three have another shot at it. Thanks Spurs for continuing this fantastic ride. Go Spurs Go!

I will take the Bocats or Generals now lol! HAHAHAH YEAH! We would win easily hahahah.

vander
05-28-2013, 12:40 AM
I'm hoping the Pacers start playing some dirty thug basketball against the heat, and if they manage to injure Wade and Battier, the world will be better for it

DMC
05-28-2013, 12:41 AM
Whomever wins the East will be the hardest out. That stands to reason, injuries notwithstanding.

hommeaetage
05-28-2013, 12:43 AM
I know I'm not the only one looking forward to the eventual switch where Bonner is left on an island with LeBron/Wade

dunkman
05-28-2013, 12:45 AM
Now that the Heat have the HCA back, it doesn't seem the probable outcome. But the series is far from over and it will go to 6 or 7 games.

Two10Whitey
05-28-2013, 12:47 AM
We need to do what OKC couldn't do last year. It's time to take out Miami. Beating the reigning champions will feel a whole lot better than beating the Pacers.

ViceCity84
05-28-2013, 12:47 AM
Spurs would kill the Pacers in 5.
The Heat are huge challenge and they are next

Old School 44
05-28-2013, 12:53 AM
Whomever wins the East will be the hardest out. That stands to reason, injuries notwithstanding.
As crazy as this sounds, if the Spurs win the title, I think they will look back at the Warriors as the toughest out.

Biernutz
05-28-2013, 12:59 AM
If the heat win , just think how many stupid Heat t-shirt fans will show up to the game. There are a lot of scalper tickets around and heat fans will pay a crazy price.
Heat fans are a lot like Laker fans. A bunch of ESPN info assholes.

Budkin
05-28-2013, 01:04 AM
I'd rather take the easy route tbh. A title is all that matters.

TheyCallMePro
05-28-2013, 01:10 AM
I'd rather take the easy route tbh. A title is all that matters.

Exactly.

SpurSpurSpurs
05-28-2013, 01:42 AM
As much as I want the Spurs to face the Pacers in the Finals because of ex-Spurs playing there and Hibbert facing Tim, I'd still want to face the Heat and hopefully we can come up on top. Face fvck Stern, LeChoke and all those Miami bandwagons!

Man In Black
05-28-2013, 01:47 AM
I want the Street Cred. Let's freeze out the Heat!

Biernutz
05-28-2013, 01:47 AM
If the Pacers win don't we get home court advantage........The Finales start here because we won more games than Indy.....

RD2191
05-28-2013, 01:52 AM
Who the fuck cares? We can root for whichever team but it won't have any effect on who wins the series. The better team will win and that's who the Spurs will play.

Yuixafun
05-28-2013, 01:54 AM
I think if you asked the Spurs they'd want to play Miami to a man.

Ellsworth
05-28-2013, 02:56 AM
Based on logic/reality, Miami is the better team, therefore it should advance against Indiana. As last year's champs, it's the more worthy challenge to play against than hoping to play the weaker of the 2... but, should Indiana somehow manage to pull it off then that'd be fine as well ((yet, it wouldn't be as enjoyable having to beat former players in Hill & Mahinmi than the king & his superteam :ihit)).

Time for Manu to redeem himself & play his best series in recent memories... who knows, he might have a shot at getting that FMVP which he should have gotten back in '05. I'm not holding my breath with the way he's been playing, but why not :rollin