PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: Enjoy it, spurfan. Lebron is going balls deep

rayjayjohnson
05-28-2013, 04:21 AM
better find something to bite down on

baseline bum
05-28-2013, 04:23 AM
better find something to bite down on

What did you use with Curry in the first round son?

rayjayjohnson
05-28-2013, 04:24 AM

a rolled up sock. it still hurt though

Stabula
05-28-2013, 06:39 AM
http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a544/Magindam/FishGirl_zps277ade83.gif (http://www.oprah.com)

The Reckoning
05-28-2013, 06:45 AM
^

sunfish

(self props)

OKC
05-28-2013, 07:22 AM
Miami cannot beat San Antonio in a 7 game series. Sorry...

CitizenDwayne
05-28-2013, 07:29 AM
The Pacers have managed to win at least one game against the Heat, and went down to the wire in another.

Don't know why people are expecting the Spurs to just roll over and die next round.

Relevancy
05-28-2013, 09:47 AM
^^Because you are, the Heat are just too dominant, no team really stands a chance against them

it's alright that you guys are still reading your Cinderella story and all, but there's an end to everything.

jeebus
05-28-2013, 09:53 AM
Lebeta's gonna go 2007 Amare tbh, scoring 40 points at will but the spurs will have everyone else on lockdown

OKC
05-28-2013, 09:56 AM
^^Because you are, the Heat are just too dominant, no team really stands a chance against them

it's alright that you guys are still reading your Cinderella story and all, but there's an end to everything.

Miami cannot beat SA in a 7 game series.

Splits
05-28-2013, 09:58 AM

Welcome... http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-1sPCg6fbBqk/TZVPfnpKX1I/AAAAAAAAHHI/Hd6PY_LM3CA/s1600/bandwagon_553.jpg

Mugen
05-28-2013, 10:04 AM
stfu ray and get on the bandwagon nugga.

Phillip
05-28-2013, 10:10 AM

wrong

spurraider21
05-28-2013, 10:15 AM
i'm pretty sure one of you Harlems have made a thread like this before every goddam series

Mugen
05-28-2013, 10:18 AM
Phil stfu and get on the bandwagon you crippled Maggot.

LnGrrrR
05-28-2013, 10:19 AM
Boston Spurfan here, reporting for duty :lol

100%duncan
05-28-2013, 10:20 AM
Unite to beat the Heat motherfuckers.

BUMP
05-28-2013, 11:04 AM
SA's best chance imo, is to just let Lebron go off for 40 every night but shut down everyone else. Kawhi slowing down a <100% Wade is definitely doable and Timmy already has a slight advantage over Bosh. But simply don't have the personnel to stop a guy like LeBron without giving up a flurry of wide open shots.

San Antonio is still at a disadvantage. The Heat make it hard for teams to get points down low, despite them being undersized, by fronting, pressuring the passer, and dirty shit like grabbing/holding jerseys (:lol Battier). Their big weakness is giving up offensive rebounds but the Spurs don't strike me as a great offensive rebounding team.

Their defensive rotations are also top notch so the Spurs won't be getting very many wide open shots due to the Heat's team speed

Bill_Brasky
05-28-2013, 11:15 AM
Spurs in 7

ohmwrecker
05-28-2013, 11:35 AM
The Spurs got this. Duncan's been in Bron's head since '07.

DPG21920
05-28-2013, 11:39 AM
wrong

:lmao Memphis

But Phil is correct. Anyone saying HEAT can't beat SA is ridiculous. Of course they can. Will they? That's the question.

Phillip
05-28-2013, 11:40 AM
they will

TIMMYtoZO
05-28-2013, 02:11 PM
I swear on my life that Miami will repeat as champs. Save this quote. The Spurs are not a legit threat to Miami repeating or not. I won't be wrong on this. Miami is a dynasty, and San Antonio will just be a part of it. :lol

Legacy
05-28-2013, 02:19 PM
^^ Go finish your series with The Pacers, will ya?? We're bored.

BatManu20
05-28-2013, 02:27 PM
I swear on my life that Miami will repeat as champs. Save this quote. The Spurs are not a legit threat to Miami repeating or not. I won't be wrong on this. Miami is a dynasty, and San Antonio will just be a part of it. :lol

http://jeffzelaya.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Miami-Heat-Jokes-Michael-Jordan.jpg

Duncan2177
05-28-2013, 02:47 PM
Spurs in 6 if we play Miami.

Legacy
05-28-2013, 02:52 PM
Spurs in 6 if we play Miami.

Exactly. Until they complete their series, I will not be considering them our opponents, unlike every other "nuthugger" and chickenshit on this board. :lol

FACT: You still have work to do, Miami.

whitemamba
05-28-2013, 03:02 PM
http://jeffzelaya.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Miami-Heat-Jokes-Michael-Jordan.jpg

:lol

baseline bum
05-28-2013, 03:03 PM

Not really understanding that post since Magic and Bird played with possibly the two most stacked supporting casts in NBA history and since Jordan played with an awesome cast too.

Mugen
05-28-2013, 03:06 PM
Me neither. LeBron never had anybody even close to the level of Pippen/Worthy/Mchale unless you count Big Z

Even Wade had Shaq and a prime Danny Crawford in 06 tbh.

OKC
05-28-2013, 03:17 PM

This is laughable. Miami cannot beat SA in a 7 game series. I really don't think they can. SA is not OKC. SA would have a hard time beating a healthy OKC in 7, but OKC is not healthy and is gone. Miami wishes they could play OKC in the Finals this year. They probably hated to see Westbrook go down because it ruined their chances of getting to play OKC, which they have a definite upper hand on. Instead, they have to play SA and they can't beat SA in 7.

Killakobe81
05-28-2013, 03:17 PM
Me neither. LeBron never had anybody even close to the level of Pippen/Worthy/Mchale unless you count Big Z

Though I dont believe in conspiracies ... dat shit was funny ...nice Mugen.

Killakobe81
05-28-2013, 03:21 PM
This is laughable. Miami cannot beat SA in a 7 game series. I really don't think they can. SA is not OKC. SA would have a hard time beating a healthy OKC in 7, but OKC is not healthy and is gone. Miami wishes they could play OKC in the Finals this year. They probably hated to see Westbrook go down because it ruined their chances of getting to play OKC, which they have a definite upper hand on. Instead, they have to play SA and they can't beat SA in 7.

I am hoping for a good series ...but people forget the Heat have lost only 5 of their last what 50 games?! I get the fact that they get lethargic but when they have needed to they have laid the smack down all year. This spurs team has better experience and coaching than ANY team the Heat have faced even over the great Mavs 2011 team but Lebron is better than he was in 2011 and the HEat as a team are better as well ...

I say Heat in 6 ...

Durant82
05-28-2013, 03:27 PM

rofl how retarded. yeah Magic won it all "on his own" even tho he had the most prolific scorer in NBA history by his side and played with four different Hall Of Famers.

Kidd K
05-28-2013, 03:32 PM
I am hoping for a good series ...but people forget the Heat have lost only 5 of their last what 50 games?! I get the fact that they get lethargic but when they have needed to they have laid the smack down all year. This spurs team has better experience and coaching than ANY team the Heat have faced even over the great Mavs 2011 team but Lebron is better than he was in 2011 and the HEat as a team are better as well ...

I say Heat in 6 ...

Your record over your last 50 games against mostly random opponents (including two weak first and second round opponents) doesn't mean anything. You can throw those out the window when you run into a tough opponent in the playoffs like the Spurs who are at worst the 2nd best team in the NBA this year. Should be pretty apparent after last season when the Spurs were 20-0 then lost 0-4.

baseline bum
05-28-2013, 04:11 PM

I thought it was Bennett Salvatore who was generally credited with that game 5 debacle. God I hated him. First there was the game 4 in LA in 03 when he gifted Shaq and Kobe 45 free throws and then the horrible game 1 of the 03 WCF when the Spurs and Mavs combined for 97 free throws.

Reck
05-28-2013, 04:14 PM
Oh hey look, another thread giving the Spurs zero credit or chance.

Brunodf
05-28-2013, 04:20 PM
:cry good times when the Spurs were the favorites and everybody talked about them:cry oh wait that never happened

dunkman
05-28-2013, 04:26 PM
Unfortunately, the Nuggets are in Cancun already . . .

Mugen
05-28-2013, 04:29 PM
I thought it was Bennett Salvatore who was generally credited with that game 5 debacle. God I hated him. First there was the game 4 in LA in 03 when he gifted Shaq and Kobe 45 free throws and then the horrible game 1 of the 03 WCF when the Spurs and Mavs combined for 97 free throws.

Might have been a tag team effort from Benny and Danny, but I remember Mavfan calling for Crawford's head many times after that series. Some of the calls he made were some of the funniest shit i've ever seen tbh.

Wade, Crawford, and Salvatore made up a pretty formidable Big 3 years before Bron/Bosh ever got there tbh.

hater
05-28-2013, 04:36 PM

:lmao

Ace
05-28-2013, 04:39 PM

Miami curbstomped a healthy and much better Thunder team. You're a fucking idiot :lol

Arcadian
05-28-2013, 04:40 PM
We shall see.

The pressure is all on Miami, especially Lebron. If the Heat win, no one will blame the Spurs. It'll just be "expected."

If the Spurs win, Lebron will take a lot of shit for it.

Killakobe81
05-28-2013, 04:41 PM
Spurs in 6 is not trash talk, or discounting the Spurs no one else has won more than a game from them and they have not lost mutliple games in a week in over what 4 months? (dont quote me I dont look up stats) Just saying smart $ would be on Lebron ... it would be like you betting on the Pistons in 2005 vs a prime Duncan.

hater
05-28-2013, 04:42 PM
Miami curbstomped a healthy and much better Thunder team. You're a fucking idiot :lol

I'm going to have to agree with this. I thought OKC would beat Miami last year, given the asskicking they delivered Spurs, Ibaka with his 12-12 and Harden making love to pressure. miami just dismantled them.

IMO Miami is just pressing the snooze button and barely breaking a sweat. The logican train of thought would say Miami can take it way, way higher. Spurs are pretty much on their ceiling. My servers are still doing the computations for a legit forecast, but so far I have to say Miami is head and shoulders above anyone else. Including the great Spurs team. Miami in 6 so far....(I would say 5, but I don't see Timmy/Parker laying down so easily)

Ace
05-28-2013, 04:44 PM
Spurs will put up a fight and it will be a great series. No trolling here, Duncan and Parker looked determined but I expect LeBron to have a historic series. He's different and won't lose to San Antonio again.

Budkin
05-28-2013, 04:57 PM
We aren't favored and Miami has more weapons but I'm not counting us out. I never thought we'd make it back here after last season's collapse.

BUMP
05-28-2013, 05:03 PM
the horrible game 1 of the 03 WCF when the Spurs and Mavs combined for 97 free throws.

Was that the game where a Spur was injured under the basket while play was resuming?

:lol I remember Dirk took it to the rim and stepped on the guy and I thought they were gonna call a technical the way the game was going even though it wasn't really his fault

lefty
05-28-2013, 05:25 PM
Nuggets losing Masai Ujari :lol
Fucked :lol

it's me
05-28-2013, 05:50 PM

Don't jinx us fucker.

capek
05-28-2013, 05:52 PM
et tu rayray? Thought you had our back... :cry

OKC
05-29-2013, 07:05 AM

No...YOU'RE a fucking idiot because you're using the old....Miami beat OKC and OKC beat SA, so surely Miami will beat SA. A beats B, B beats C, so A beats C? Not that simple. SA poses a completely different dynamic for Miami to contend with than OKC does. Do I have to sit here and tell you how much different last years OKC team is than SA?

UNCLE-DREW
05-29-2013, 07:17 AM
No...YOU'RE a fucking idiot because you're using the old....Miami beat OKC and OKC beat SA, so surely Miami will beat SA. A beats B, B beats C, so A beats C? Not that simple. SA poses a completely different dynamic for Miami to contend with than OKC does. Do I have to sit here and tell you how much different last years OKC team is than SA?

The only reason Heat are currently 2-2 is because they are coasting or atleast 75% of the team is. I don't like it either but for the same reason Indiana is gonna lose pretty lopsides again in game 5. After that the Heat are gonna finish it in 6, It's so predictable it's not even funny anymore. If the spurs are lucky they will lose in 5 away from their homecourt since they will not make a game 7.

and please tell me how much different last years OKC is from SA because all the differences doesn't make this Spurs team any better than OKC was with Harden.
The only way Spurs are gonna win from Miami is if they find a way to go back to the past and suit up a prime T-mac :rollin

FromWayDowntown
05-29-2013, 07:28 AM

So that's why Miami retired Jordan's jersey number.

OKC
05-29-2013, 07:29 AM
The only reason Heat are currently 2-2 is because they are coasting or atleast 75% of the team is. I don't like it either but for the same reason Indiana is gonna lose pretty lopsides again in game 5. After that the Heat are gonna finish it in 6, It's so predictable it's not even funny anymore. If the spurs are lucky they will lose in 5 away from their homecourt since they will not make a game 7.

and please tell me how much different last years OKC is from SA because all the differences doesn't make this Spurs team any better than OKC was with Harden.
The only way Spurs are gonna win from Miami is if they find a way to go back to the past and suit up a prime T-mac :rollin

Oh...I didn't realize 75% of the Miami roster didn't give two shits about putting forth any effort in the ECF. Nevermind.

UNCLE-DREW
05-29-2013, 07:33 AM
Oh...I didn't realize 75% of the Miami roster didn't give two shits about putting forth any effort in the ECF. Nevermind.

You're mixing not giving a shit with thinking they can win it without full effort.

OKC
05-29-2013, 07:38 AM
You're mixing not giving a shit with thinking they can win it without full effort.

You honestly think Miami, only up 2-1 and playing @ Indiana is going to go into a game thinking they can win without full effort? Give me a damn break.

UNCLE-DREW
05-29-2013, 07:50 AM
You honestly think Miami, only up 2-1 and playing @ Indiana is going to go into a game thinking they can win without full effort? Give me a damn break.

After they got reminded that if it's really go time they hammer the pacers (game 3), yeah i do. Game 5 will be a replay of Game 3.

Halberto
05-29-2013, 08:23 AM
Uncle drew is someone's troll ignore him. Says spurs will lose game 5 away, while in reality game 5 would be in San Antonio.

LBJ fouling out doesn't seem to a symptom of coasting.

Hibbert just owned them with 2nd chance points last game.

hooperflash
05-29-2013, 01:03 PM
Uncle drew is someone's troll ignore him. Says spurs will lose game 5 away, while in reality game 5 would be in San Antonio.

LBJ fouling out doesn't seem to a symptom of coasting.

Hibbert just owned them with 2nd chance points last game.

The term "coasting" is used more than the ST punctuation ", tbh." , tbh.

spurraider21
05-29-2013, 01:22 PM

not sure what is defined as "on our own" tbh. acting like these guys played for rosters similar to leborn's cavs. its easy to say "magic never left his team to win rings" since he came to a team with fuckin jabbar and fellow HOF-er Wilkes. later added HOF worthy. not like michael cooper and TOSB mcadoo were slouches, not to mention later on byron scott being one of the better scorers in the league. bird started winning when boston added HOF-ers like Parish, McHale, and Dennis Johnson. also had pg's like tiny and ainge.