PDA

View Full Version : Will Popovich use TMac against smallball Miami Heat ?

Mal
05-28-2013, 04:34 AM
I`m rooting for Pacers, but let`s be true, Miami Heat is going to play in the finals. And since Spurs would be forced to play smallball with Kawhi/Diaw taking PF duties and guarding LeBron, there arent many guys to play in smallball. Spurs have Parker, Ginobili and Green to fill rest of lineup. CoJo will play Parker backup for 8-12 minutes at best. Neal is awful, he cant guard anybody on Heat roster, except maybe old Ray Allen( but personally I would "hide" Parker on him). DeColo wont dress up. Is there place for TMac at SF ? He`s been with team for almost 2 months, he should be in decent shape till now. Pop still have 9 days to prepare him. Was he signed for this task ? What`s yours take on that matter ?

milkyway21
05-28-2013, 04:52 AM
I read somewhere, where TMac was asked and said he thinks he can cover LeBron.

BatManu20
05-28-2013, 05:20 AM
T-Mac won't sniff a significant minute this series. Pop will ride Bonner into the ground before he does that.

Austin_Toros
05-28-2013, 06:23 AM
T-Mac will play when the Spurs are getting blown out. Other than that I doubt he will play any minutes at all.

Stabula
05-28-2013, 06:30 AM
Throwing T-Mac at 15% into a Finals game against the Heat would be uglier than a whore's ass.

DespЏrado
05-28-2013, 06:36 AM
The one thing that gives a shred of creedance to tmac cracking the rotation is the fact that last time the spurs had this long of a layoff, Pop ran it as a mini pre-season camp. It could give Tmac enough exposure to Spurs basketball to actually get a shot at meaningful playing time. Not likely, but possible given the task of stopping LeBron.

Stabula
05-28-2013, 07:02 AM
he's a human victory cigar with everyone fully healthy tbh

pgardn
05-28-2013, 07:25 AM
No.

Human victory cigars are immobile unless passed around.

Budkin
05-28-2013, 07:51 AM
If he hasn't played real minutes so far he's not going to unless someone goes down.

pikkiwoki
05-28-2013, 08:27 AM
He looks gassed just from doing pre-game warmups. Playing time is earned, not given.

spurspokesman
05-28-2013, 08:44 AM
Would be funny if he was playing possum to a degree and pop didnt want to use him much and allow other teams to gameplan for him knowing that the spurs didnt need him against any other team save for miami. Just a weird thought but most likely he wont play.

Spur|n|Austin
05-28-2013, 08:47 AM
Only if someone get's injured will TMAC play, and that's fine with me.

Mal
05-28-2013, 08:48 AM
He looks gassed just from doing pre-game warmups. Playing time is earned, not given.

You have no idea, what TMac is doing on training session. And so do I. Maybe he is earning minutes in NBA championship series. He still have enough skills to backup Kawhi and throw Neal out of rotation.

bigfan
05-28-2013, 08:57 AM
We will see everyone else before we see TMac get significant minutes.

pikkiwoki
05-28-2013, 08:58 AM
You have no idea, what TMac is doing on training session. And so do I. Maybe he is earning minutes in NBA championship series. He still have enough skills to backup Kawhi and throw Neal out of rotation.

True, but we have seen what he's done when he's gotten on the floor for this team: walking, jogging, not making it past half court in transition, making weak half-hearted cuts, standing around, and generally not giving a damn.

A championship contending team that relies on smart, sharp, relentless player movement can't afford to put someone like that on the floor in any important game.