PDA

View Full Version : Indiana should play with more motivation the rest of the way

TE
05-28-2013, 07:27 AM
The Pacers have been downright disrespected by the media and messageboards all across the internet following the Spurs win. Everybody is assuming the Heat are a sure thing in the finals. Let's hope they play with some fire and tire Miami out starting with tonights game tbh.

pikkiwoki
05-28-2013, 08:33 AM
Pacers couldn't even break 50 wins in the East.

bigfan
05-28-2013, 08:58 AM
Id love to see the Pacers but we all know its not going to happen.

Richie
05-28-2013, 03:33 PM
Agreed, hopefully the Pacers start playing with a chip on their shoulder. Despite Game 3, they still have a team built to kill the Heat with their size advantage.

HI-FI
05-28-2013, 03:45 PM
they've certainly been disrespected. I still figure that the Heat will win this. i figured at some point they would be disrespected by the media following a big loss and play with a chip on their shoulders the rest of the series. hopefully they can push it to 7 and wear down the Heat.

Legacy
05-28-2013, 04:13 PM
I've already been saying this downstairs.

FACT: Miami still has work to do. ... They still have to complete their series with The Pacers before "officially" becoming our opponents. I will NOT treat them as such until then -- unlike every other "nuthugger" and chickenshit on this board. The Pacers could very well come charging back to steal at least one, maybe two more games... you just never know... :lol

Splits
05-28-2013, 04:41 PM
While I'd love to meet the Pacers (all ABA to send Stern out, Hill vs Parker, Duncan vs Hibbert) the fact is they were up 2-1 last year before the cHeat stopped coasting. They ain't winning 3/4 this year.

Mugen
05-28-2013, 04:48 PM
Extra motivation isn't going to help Lance Stephenson grow a brain tbh.

hater
05-28-2013, 04:49 PM
they just don't have a superstar like Parker or Lebron to carry them.

Miami will want to finish this ASAP. I just don't see them winning another game this series.

dbreiden83080
05-28-2013, 04:50 PM
The Pacers have really put themselves in a terrible position by laying such an egg in game 3. Tonight is their season a loss and it is over in 5. They have to come out tonight, get stops and push the pace on the Heat. They have to find some answers for Lebron in the post and get George going again.. And Hibbert may have to play the best game of his career tonight..

HI-FI
05-28-2013, 04:53 PM
Extra motivation isn't going to help Lance Stephenson grow a brain tbh.

his stupidity is off the charts. i marvel at his ability to dribble like a moron and barrel through people at full speed.

as for this series, i'm staying true to my original pick of Miami in 7. that was probably a stupid choice on my part, especially after what transpired last game, but i'll stay true to my choice for better or worse.

crc21209
05-28-2013, 04:54 PM
Yeah the Pacers really have to get a win tonight or it's over in 5. I bet they are really regretting losing Game 1 now....

hater
05-28-2013, 04:55 PM
IMO Hibbert will play inspriring ball (as long as the refs let him :lol) due to his mentor Duncan clinching the Finals. Their only hope would be for HIbbert to go for 25+ and 15+

Mugen
05-28-2013, 04:58 PM
his stupidity is off the charts. i marvel at his ability to dribble like a moron and barrel through people at full speed.

as for this series, i'm staying true to my original pick of Miami in 7. that was probably a stupid choice on my part, especially after what transpired last game, but i'll stay true to my choice for better or worse.

I can't remember any player in recent memory kill so many of his team's runs more than Lance. Maybe JR Smith or RJ. But he's one of the dumbest players in the league and he'd be throwing fresh towels to Patty if he were a Spur tbh.

Key for Indy is not to overreact to Game 3. They start doubling Bron in the post on the catch and giving up open 3s to Allen/Battier/Chalmers/Cole then the Heat end it in 5. If they go back to pounding it inside on offense and executing better defensively then they should be able to push it to 6 games tbh.

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-28-2013, 05:01 PM
Pacers vs Heat is a lot like 2001 Sixers vs Lakers, to be honest.

Legacy
05-28-2013, 05:30 PM
Hoping they leave Indiana tied 2-2.

Sean Cagney
05-28-2013, 06:38 PM
Yeah the Pacers really have to get a win tonight or it's over in 5. I bet they are really regretting losing Game 1 now....

Yeah, that game one could be the series IMO. Those little games like that you blow can really cost you a series as the GS Warriors found out as well. Spite winning game 2 for the Pacers and Warriors that first blown game will come back to haunt you.

Prime Time
05-28-2013, 06:40 PM
I feel bad counting out Indy this early. But I just can't imagine them beating Miami...I hope they do, not because I "fear the Heat" but more of "I'll root for anyone who plays the Heat"

TampaDude
05-28-2013, 06:41 PM
Yeah, that game one could be the series IMO. Those little games like that you blow can really cost you a series as the GS Warriors found out as well. Spite winning game 2 for the Pacers and Warriors that first blown game will come back to haunt you.

Yup! I was thinking the very same thing. Just like in our series vs GS, they let Game 1 slip away at the end. Like in our WCSF, that may end up being the series right there.

TampaDude
05-28-2013, 06:44 PM
I feel bad counting out Indy this early. But I just can't imagine them beating Miami...I hope they do, not because I "fear the Heat" but more of "I'll root for anyone who plays the Heat"

It's almost a lock that Miami wins the ECF, but if the Pacers win the ECF, they'll probably get swept by the Spurs in the Finals.

Knoxxx
05-28-2013, 06:58 PM
We can at least hope that IN drags it out to 7 games, dragging it out and tiring the Heat a bit. I am hoping that Miami pretty much shot their load on offense last game, as no way can I see them going off for 70 points in a half again.

Let's be real, in any series the next game is always the biggest one. IN is right back in this with a win, though certainly this is more of a must win for them than the Heat.

Poolboy5623
05-28-2013, 07:25 PM
Game 1 was not the "series," people!! Had Miami lost that game, they would have been more focused for game 2..and who knows what would have happened.. if anything, Miami has shown to be very effective, after a lose..

Legacy
05-29-2013, 01:14 AM
Hoping they leave Indiana tied 2-2.

2-2, baby!! :hat:lol

BatManu20
05-29-2013, 01:17 AM
Miami will win Game 5. The only question now is if Indiana can stretch this thing out to 7 games or if Miami ends it in 6.

Sean Cagney
05-29-2013, 01:51 AM
Miami will win Game 5. The only question now is if Indiana can stretch this thing out to 7 games or if Miami ends it in 6.

YES this is inevitable now! I know this will play out just like you just said it.

Capt Bringdown
05-29-2013, 01:59 AM
Indy or Miami, either way it's pretty interesting for the Spurs. If Miami, they will have probably been given a wake-up call and responded in kind. If it's Indy, they're playing at peak confidence/performance level.

Looking forward to game 5.

KL2
05-29-2013, 02:17 AM
Pacers should be up 3-1 if Vogel wasn't an idiot, just shows how overrated MIA is.

ThePop
05-29-2013, 02:26 AM
Roy Hibbert was pissed/determined during the interview after the game. They've been hearing the Miami in the Finals assumptions.

KenziE
05-29-2013, 02:36 AM
Roy Hibbert was pissed/determined during the interview after the game. They've been hearing the Miami in the Finals assumptions.

This

Spursmania
05-29-2013, 05:47 AM
Indiana will get their asses handed to them in Miami. Unfortunately, but inevitably.

boutons_deux
05-29-2013, 05:57 AM
the winner of Game5 in a tied series wins the series 85%+ of the time

(eg Spurs vs Pistons '05 Finals, and amazingly the Spurs couldn't elminate in Game6).

hater
05-29-2013, 06:04 AM
IMO Hibbert will play inspriring ball (as long as the refs let him :lol) due to his mentor Duncan clinching the Finals. Their only hope would be for HIbbert to go for 25+ and 15+

I didn't give Indiana a chance but I did say that. And HIbbert got 23/12.

IMO if he averages 25/15 or close to that next 2-3 games. Indiana might just have a shot. He won't but that some numbers to watch.

polandprzem
05-29-2013, 08:17 AM
The pivotal game is so damn important. I hope Indy will stand theirs and stary tough cause Miami is now suppose to demolish them at AAA with James extra motivated.