PDA

View Full Version : Lawmakers facing recall bids over strict gun laws in Colorado Read more: http://www.

spursncowboys
05-28-2013, 10:14 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/05/28/lawmakers-facing-recall-bids-over-strict-gun-laws-in-colorado/?test=latestnews

Regardless of your opinion on gun control, here in CO this is happening. Full scale war from both sides. Pro-gun people are going door to door. Anti-gun groups are spending tons with commercials how the door to door people are convicts and carpetbaggers.

ElNono
05-28-2013, 11:50 PM
Doesn't sound that uncommon... 169 recalls last year (per the article)

The question is if removing those two guys would change anything in Colorado? I also think the out-of-state funding makes this less of a Colorado 'grass roots' enterprise, and more of a political move from certain national groups...

Hey, as long as it's civil, I don't see what's the problem.

spursncowboys
05-29-2013, 12:38 AM
I also think the out-of-state funding makes this less of a Colorado 'grass roots' enterprise, and more of a political move from certain national groups...

Hey, as long as it's civil, I don't see what's the problem.
This all got started by all the out of state money to get these laws.
I think because Colorado has alot of rural areas who don't want their state to be like NY and Illinois where the big city makes laws for them. Then again I'm living in a military town which is traditionally pro-gun.

ElNono
05-29-2013, 02:01 AM
This all got started by all the out of state money to get these laws.
I think because Colorado has alot of rural areas who don't want their state to be like NY and Illinois where the big city makes laws for them. Then again I'm living in a military town which is traditionally pro-gun.

Well, Dems have majority on both chambers and also the governorship... local votes put them there.

I actually looked, and even if you flip those two senate posts, Dems still retain majority.

As I've said many times, I'm mostly not in favor of gun regulations, but I also get the feeling that in general people don't really give much of a damn about the topic either.