PDA

View Full Version : Pacers: Hibbert

Bynumite
05-29-2013, 12:05 AM
Where do you rank him among bigs and what's his ceiling iyho?

AaronY
05-29-2013, 12:10 AM
His ceiling is new favorite laker fan non-lakers player after Nate, Curry and Randolph have fallen out of favor..

AaronY
05-29-2013, 12:11 AM
Probably writing poems about him on Lakersground rite now..

HarlemHeat37
05-29-2013, 12:14 AM
He has already reached his ceiling IMO..

He's an elite #3 guy on a championship team IMO..

I'd rank him behind Griffin, Duncan, Aldridge, Nowitzki, Marc Gasol, Howard, healthy Kevin Love..

I would take Noah, Lopez and Bosh ahead of him, too..

You can potentially make arguments for Pau, Pekovic, Horford and Al Jefferson, too..

racm
05-29-2013, 12:15 AM
I'd take him over Tiago but below Timmy, Fat Gasol, or even LMA tbh

midnightpulp
05-29-2013, 12:15 AM
His ceiling is new favorite laker fan non-lakers player after Nate, Curry and Randolph have fallen out of favor..

:lmao

But since former "Dem Bears" fan Bynumite seems to be interested in sincere discussion, I'll oblige with a serious answer.

Hibbert did shoot 43 percent this season, which is inexcusable for a player of his size, but if he's indeed came of age in this series, his ceiling is probably all along the lines of former Pacer Rik Smits, minus Smits's mid-range jumper.

whitemamba
05-29-2013, 12:16 AM
Probably writing poems about him on Lakersground rite now..

ST's obsession with LG is hilarious, its a forum dedicated to the LAKERS, duh they will have one sided opinons that favor the lakers you dumb fuck.

midnightpulp
05-29-2013, 12:24 AM
ST's obsession with LG is hilarious, its a forum dedicated to the LAKERS, duh they will have one sided opinons that favor the lakers you dumb fuck.

How would writing poems about Hibbert favor the Lakers?

AaronY
05-29-2013, 12:24 AM
Lol, is it bad as your obsession with ST whitemamba (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=26808)?..lol nearly 4k posts as a lakers troll on a spurs forum talking about somebody being obsessed with another teams message board..

whitemamba
05-29-2013, 12:25 AM
How would writing poems about Hibbert favor the Lakers?

big picture

Lol, is it bad as your obsession with ST whitemamba (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=26808)?..lol nearly 4k posts as a lakers troll on a spurs forum talking about somebody being obsessed with another teams message board..

nope.

spurraider21
05-29-2013, 12:27 AM
Hibbert averaged 12 and 8 on 45% shooting from the field this season and he's taking an absolute dump on Miami. most flawed "great team" i've ever seen tbh. that said, they're still favorites to win it all. shows how good bron is

AaronY
05-29-2013, 12:27 AM
A good joke on whitemamba would be to pretend there's a st mobile app and then not to give him a link to it..he'd prolly have a nervous breakdown..

Bynumite
05-29-2013, 12:28 AM
Why is spurfan talking like i want a Pacers-Spurs Finals? Like other bigs before him, Hibbert would probably regress when facing his childhood hero.

whitemamba
05-29-2013, 12:28 AM
A good joke on whitemamba would be to pretend there's a st mobile app and then not to give him a link to it..he'd prolly have a nervous breakdown..

:lolno:lol

midnightpulp
05-29-2013, 12:34 AM
big picture

You guys got 11 of 'em. There ain't no bigger picture for Lakers fans. No team left playing is any sort of threat to the Lakers' banner count. Lakers fans shouldn't be at all concerned about the success (or lack thereof) of the Heat, Spurs, or Pacers.

If you're a Kobe fan first, though, I can see being concerned. And that's what Aaron's joke was alluding to. How "Lakersground" is basically "Kobeground" these days, and any player/team that stands in the way of Duncan getting 5 or Lebron catching up to Kobe is being virtually fellated by Kobefan.

You understand this. It's why you post here more than there. Kobefan has covered that board in semen.

midnightpulp
05-29-2013, 12:38 AM
Why is spurfan talking like i want a Pacers-Spurs Finals? Like other bigs before him, Hibbert would probably regress when facing his childhood hero.

Because the Pacers being in the Finals removes the possibility of Lebron tying Kobe in lead dog rings and Finals MVPs.

racm
05-29-2013, 12:40 AM
You guys got 11 of 'em. There ain't no bigger picture for Lakers fans. No team left playing is any sort of threat to the Lakers' banner count. Lakers fans shouldn't be at all concerned about the success (or lack thereof) of the Heat, Spurs, or Pacers.

If you're a Kobe fan first, though, I can see being concerned. And that's what Aaron's joke was alluding to. How "Lakersground" is basically "Kobeground" these days, and any player/team that stands in the way of Duncan getting 5 or Lebron catching up to Kobe is being virtually fellated by Kobefan.

You understand this. It's why you post here more than there. Kobefan has covered that board in semen.

I heard that if you so much say you're a Lakerfan first over there you'd be called a Spurs troll...

midnightpulp
05-29-2013, 12:45 AM
I heard that if you so much say you're a Lakerfan first over there you'd be called a Spurs troll...

Pretty much.

I have a troll over there. Got into a Kobe vs. Duncan debate. Not to raise a red flag, I explicitly stated that Kobe is the greater all-time player but Duncan is very close and it's practically a wash.

They took it like I was insulting their first born. How dare anyone be close to Lord Kobe!

Richie
05-29-2013, 12:47 AM
With his size, his ceiling should be best big man in the league averaging 25/12. He'll never get there though.

He isn't anywhere near as good as Miami is making him look. What he's doing should be considered the bare minimum when you're 6" taller and longer than everyone else.

racm
05-29-2013, 12:53 AM
With his size, his ceiling should be best big man in the league averaging 25/12. He'll never get there though.

He isn't anywhere near as good as Miami is making him look. What he's doing should be considered the bare minimum when you're 6" taller and longer than everyone else.

And if you get all the post touches...

TDMVPDPOY
05-29-2013, 12:59 AM
i take him over DHO bible kemp

clown actually plays defense then camping in the lane

clown has a low post move he can rely on

clown can shoot fts

Rogue
05-29-2013, 12:59 AM
he's already a top5 at C, hands down, but i don't think he still has much room to improve. if he only has athleticism but little fundamental he would have the potential to improve his game to a significant extent, he already has the fundamentals as good as the duncan of his age, and his athleticism will only decrease as his age grows imho

Robz4000
05-29-2013, 01:06 AM
Gonna be the next KAJ tbh

AaronY
05-29-2013, 01:07 AM
Gonna be the next KAJ tbh
Wouldnt be surprised if that same exact post was made a few dozen times on LG today..

Robz4000
05-29-2013, 01:11 AM
Wouldnt be surprised if that same exact post was made a few dozen times on LG today..

I'd be shocked if it wasn't :lol

whitemamba
05-29-2013, 01:22 AM

:lol

Yes I am a Kobe fan because he plays for the Lakers, like Sir Alex of Man U, no player is bigger than the club... but if he was on another team id probably hate him as much as you do.

Vash StampedE
05-29-2013, 06:20 AM
OP preparing himself for the worst-case scenario of their team's ongoing offseason and so, scouts for a big replacement as Kobe, as we all know, can't live without one especially now that he has that current injury of his.

100%duncan
05-29-2013, 08:58 AM
This season. IMHO

1. Timmy

who cares bout the rest?

tee, hee.

tlongII
05-29-2013, 09:18 AM
He is one of the top 3 centers in the league.

PÒÓCH
05-29-2013, 10:06 AM
I'd rank him right above Andrew Bynum and right below Jason Collins.

look_at_g_shred
05-29-2013, 10:12 AM
Always loved his game. Expected a lot out of him when the season started. Shockingly didn't live up to his potential during the season. Now he's showing everyone he's the best center in the league tbh.. His ceiling is 20/20 type guy.

StrengthAndHonor
05-29-2013, 10:13 AM
Brad Daugherty tbh.

HarlemHeat37
05-29-2013, 11:41 AM
Roy Hibbert had trouble last year when the Heat switched Joel Anthony on him, tbh..it'll be interesting to see if Spoelstra does it again, at the expense of their offense..

rmt
05-29-2013, 12:05 PM
he's already a top5 at C, hands down, but i don't think he still has much room to improve. if he only has athleticism but little fundamental he would have the potential to improve his game to a significant extent, he already has the fundamentals as good as the duncan of his age, and his athleticism will only decrease as his age grows imho

I disagree that Hibbert has the fundamentals as good as a 26 year old MVP Duncan. Duncan was much better than current Hibbert especially in movement, footwork and post moves.

ElNono
05-29-2013, 12:54 PM
Overrated. Duncan-wannabe that doesn't fit the bill...

whitemamba
05-29-2013, 01:02 PM

not even close , hibbert is much slower and less athletic around the basket, plus duncan can shoot those 15+ footers. Hibbert looks like a beast vs miami because they literally have no interior presence. Prime Duncan would run rings around him.

Richie
05-29-2013, 02:31 PM

At least he's a Duncan wannabe rather than a Garnett wannabe. Anthony Davis says he is modelling his game around Garnett, which is a mistake. He's gotta go the Duncan route and learn post footwork/fundamentals, and he'll dominate the NBA in a few years.

hater
05-29-2013, 03:18 PM
He's the biggest most skilled body in the current NBA. If he can learn to throw his body around like he did in game 4, he could easily be best bigman in the league.

:lol fat Gasol is being considered and he has no post play whatsoever

:lol Dwight, doesn't even have a pair of balls

unfortunately I don't see him flourishing under the tutelage of Frank Voguel :lmao

DPG21920
05-29-2013, 03:52 PM
Do it, Mitch.

LkrFan
05-29-2013, 03:53 PM
^ If only det option were available tbh. :lol

HarlemHeat37
05-29-2013, 04:23 PM
:lol anybody that thinks a big man that shot 45% from the field with a 17 PER this season is an elite big man or even close..

Hibbert had only 4 good/great games out of the 12 playoff games prior to the Heat(against a good Hawks frontcourt and average Knicks frontcourt)..he's a great C against Miami, and an above average C against the rest of the league, nothing special, tbh..

jdiggy0424
05-29-2013, 04:56 PM
He's good, but not great. To echo what everybody here has already stated, he's only looking this good because of Miamis lack of interior D.

I mean I'm glad that he's giving a huge amount of credit to Duncan for working on his game but come on thats no reason for anybody to crown him as "the best center in the league" or "his post moves are as good as Duncans when he was his age"

Oh how people on this board quickly forget

AaronY
05-30-2013, 01:02 PM
:lol anybody that thinks a big man that shot 45% from the field with a 17 PER this season is an elite big man or even close..

Hibbert had only 4 good/great games out of the 12 playoff games prior to the Heat(against a good Hawks frontcourt and average Knicks frontcourt)..he's a great C against Miami, and an above average C against the rest of the league, nothing special, tbh..
His defense was pretty consistently elite this year tho..

JoeTait75
05-30-2013, 01:57 PM
Brad Daugherty tbh.

Send Hibbert back to Daugherty's time and he's an average big man, imo. A James Donaldson type.

lefty
05-30-2013, 01:58 PM
Send Hibbert back to Daugherty's time and he's an average big man, imo. A James Donaldson type.
truth

CitizenDwayne
05-30-2013, 02:09 PM
Overrated.

Yeah...some people are getting way too excited about a big that shoots 43%...

hater
05-30-2013, 02:12 PM
:lmao at these dummies ignoring the OP's question.

his question is where you rank him among bigs today. He is easily one of the best.

why? because bigs suck dick today. When 37 year old Shitty Duncan rules, you know the bigs are shit.

LMAO ppl bringing up the bigs of olden. Stick to the question and you will see Hibbert can easily become the best bigman in the game for years to come.

now how is that overrrated?? :rolleyes

Coward is overrated.

spurraider21
05-30-2013, 02:23 PM
I have a troll over there.

weren't you the one who gave me shit over having an account there, despite the fact that i have an astounding 62 posts there?

spurraider21
05-30-2013, 02:25 PM
Hibbert is a 12-8 guy that is single-handedly giving the Heat all sorts of nightmares. He looked like the best player on the floor in game 4. How the hell do the people look at the Heat like this unbeatable juggernaut? They're a phenomenal team, sure. Matchup nightmares across the floor, but far from being invincible. This is why Boston gave them issues last year, Indiana gave them issues last year, and the beat up Bulls didn't go down so easily.