PDA

View Full Version : We have a lot of things to be happy about..

Prime Time
05-29-2013, 06:44 AM
I know people are feeling pessimistic about the potential Miami series, But we still have a week off to enjoy this feeling while it lasts. Besides, look in the bright side. Spurs currently have..
-A Popovich who's been countering any type of offense/defense a team throws at him
-Parker playing the best post season of his life
-Big Man Duncan back to dominating, looking unstoppable.
-Leonard and Green are both playing very good defense. That's going to be huge
-Splitter finally growing a pair
-Spurs have a ton of time to recover from their nagging injuries
-Facebook
-Bubble Wrap
-My cute neighbor Sarah

ffadicted
05-29-2013, 09:07 AM
Pics of sarah tbqh

Dex
05-29-2013, 09:41 AM
:lol Nice throwback to the Bud commercial.

dbreiden83080
05-29-2013, 12:39 PM
I know people are feeling pessimistic about the potential Miami series,

The same Heat that are deadlocked with a 49 win Pacer team..

Dex
05-29-2013, 12:49 PM
I'm not pessimistic about the Miami series. I have an appropriate fear.

Will it be easy? Hell no, but the Finals aren't supposed to be easy. You're not always going to draw the hapless Cavs or 8th-seed Knicks.

Sure, some of their strengths exploit our weaknesses. They have a big three including the best player in the league (who, it should be noted, is an athletic small forward...the type of player the Spurs have historically struggled with before Kawhi Leonard). They have a stable of shooters and role players. They excel at pick'n'roll defense.

We also have some strengths to exploit their weaknesses. They struggle to contain quick point guards; we have the best one in the league. They struggle to handle bigs; we have a variety to throw at them; inside, outside, and imbetween. They struggle to stop team-oriented offenses and protect the paint, two things we excel at it. We have experience, championship caliber, and...oh yeah, four-time champion Tim Duncan.

I have a hard time not seeing things through my Spurs glasses, but were I casual fan, I would pick San Antonio as the best team to match up against the Heat this year. It's going to be a great series.

Nothing is guaranteed. We are going up against the defending champs and the heir to Michael's throne. It's going to be gritty, ugly, frustrating, and fantastic.

Win or lose, I am going to enjoy every minute of the ride.

TDomination
05-29-2013, 12:54 PM
I'm not pessimistic about the Miami series. I have an appropriate fear.

Will it be easy? Hell no, but the Finals aren't supposed to be easy. You're not always going to draw the hapless Cavs or 8th-seed Knicks.

Sure, some of their strengths exploit our weaknesses. They have a big three including the best player in the league (who, it should be noted, is an athletic small forward...the type of player the Spurs have historically struggled with before Kawhi Leonard). They have a stable of shooters and role players. They excel at pick'n'roll defense.

We also have some strengths to exploit their weaknesses. They struggle to contain quick point guards; we have the best one in the league. They struggle to handle bigs; we have a variety to throw at them; inside, outside, and imbetween. They struggle to stop team-oriented offenses and protect the paint, two things we excel at it. We have experience, championship caliber, and...oh yeah, four-time champion Tim Duncan.

I have a hard time not seeing things through my Spurs glasses, but were I casual fan, I would pick San Antonio as the best team to match up against the Heat this year. It's going to be a great series.

Nothing is guaranteed. We are going up against the defending champs and the heir to Michael's throne. It's going to be gritty, ugly, frustrating, and fantastic.

Win or lose, I am going to enjoy every minute of the ride.

Well Said

This is truly special and again who knows if we will EVER get back to the Finals so for right now, it just feels good to be here.

BatManu20
05-29-2013, 01:02 PM

True but that's almost solely due the fact that Indiana has huge size advantage down low on Miami. Take away either Hibbert or West and take away Miami's best big, and it'd still be an easy sweep for Miami. We have one low-post scorer, Indiana has two. Huge difference.

ace3g
05-29-2013, 01:38 PM

True but that's almost solely due the fact that Indiana has huge size advantage down low on Miami. Take away either Hibbert or West and take away Miami's best big, and it'd still be an easy sweep for Miami. We have one low-post scorer, Indiana has two. Huge difference.

I'm with dbreiden, maybe before the playoffs the aura of the Heat was scary but after Bulls series (honestly if they had even one of Hinrich or Deng, they had a legit shot of making that a series but were forced to play their starters way too many minutes) and now Pacers showing that size is still a major issue for the Heat. Hibbert really worked on his mobility over the summer because I remember last year's series vs the Heat and he always looked slow and was in foul trouble.