PDA

View Full Version : Watch and tell me he's not next in line as head coach.

Buddy Holly
05-29-2013, 07:08 AM
http://youtu.be/RmeRyIL3YAI

polandprzem
05-29-2013, 08:20 AM
He already is

Skoobz
05-29-2013, 08:27 AM
Uh, head coach of the Australian National Team.

Buddy Holly
05-29-2013, 08:42 AM
He already is

That's my point. That's why I think the writing was on the wall and Bud choose to go to the Hawks.

Captivus
05-29-2013, 08:50 AM
The key in NBA defense: Guard one pass away.

hooperflash
05-29-2013, 09:08 AM
Most BNSF and smarter tier of gnsf know that this dude is currently next in line.. thanks for the post, watched the entire video.

polandprzem
05-29-2013, 09:12 AM
That's my point. That's why I think the writing was on the wall and Bud choose to go to the Hawks.
If it is what it is then it is what you said

barakz21
05-29-2013, 09:27 AM
I didn't watch the video, but based from the comments, he seems to be a good head coach. But between him and Bud, who would you guys pick to replace Pop when he retires(had Bud not signed with Atlanta)?

dallasmaverickslose
05-29-2013, 09:29 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing Sean Elliott become head coach some day, tbh.

Mel_13
05-29-2013, 09:31 AM
Coach Brown is definitely qualified to be an NBA HC.

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-29-2013, 09:34 AM

fuuuuuuuuuuck no.

racm
05-29-2013, 09:36 AM
Before Coach Bud got picked up by ATL I thought the hierarchy was this:

:pop: - HC, head honcho
Coach Bud - Number Two
Forcier - player development
Brown - Xs and Os
Engelland - Shot Whisperer
Udoka - latest coaching prospect

Mel_13
05-29-2013, 09:41 AM

People keep bringing up Sean and Bruce, but both have been quite clear that they're not interested in coaching.

peacemaker885
05-29-2013, 09:42 AM
Always thought he was Australian....very nice video. BB showing his brains...

racm
05-29-2013, 09:43 AM
People keep bringing up Sean and Bruce, but both have been quite clear that they're not interested in coaching.

Yeah, too much travel involved, plus Bruce can say anything he wants and still get paid...

Spur|n|Austin
05-29-2013, 09:44 AM
Thought he was Australian...

Wut?

racm
05-29-2013, 09:45 AM
Thought he was Australian...

Does that make Rajko Toroman Filipino?

dallasmaverickslose
05-29-2013, 09:46 AM
Just remembered this guy... Don Newman.

Is there any way we can bring this guy back? It often looked like he was next in line under coach bud.

MI21
05-29-2013, 09:51 AM
Brett Brown is no longer the Australian head coach, tbh.

His job with the Australian National Team wasn't particularly impressive and the results he garnered as head coach were no better than the previous coach. In fact, literally the season after he left the Sydney Kings in the NBL, they developed into the best NBL team of all time winning three championships in a row.

I like him but I have to see, from watching him coach in the NBL and internationally, I never imagined him to be an NBA head coach. Obviously he has learnt a lot in the Spurs system... but his reputation in Australia was always that of an underachiever.

GSH
05-29-2013, 09:56 AM

I think there should be a numbered list in a stickied thread. So instead of typing out, "Sean and Bruce both say they don't want to coach", we could just say, "Number 6".

Number 11 - "You misspelled Elliott"
Number 4 - "That trade can't be approved, due to salary matching"
Number 16 - "That player is already under contract in Europe"
Number 8 - "That player is only cheap because he's under a rookie scale contract. Next year he'll be three times that much"
Number 5 - "No, they won't trade that player for Matt Bonner and Gary Neal. Not now, not ever"
Number 1 - "Wrong forum, dumbass"

gameFACE
05-29-2013, 10:36 AM
When Pop retires someone from the outside will come in. But Brown could be an interim. Tell you what with his accent I'd love to hear him say "hey ref, go fuck yuzself"

hsxvvd
05-29-2013, 10:45 AM
He was very impressive with the North Melbourne Giants. The roster changes in Sydney had more to do with their success after he left too.

Mel_13
05-29-2013, 10:47 AM
I think there should be a numbered list in a stickied thread. So instead of typing out, "Sean and Bruce both say they don't want to coach", we could just say, "Number 6".

Number 11 - "You misspelled Elliott"
Number 4 - "That trade can't be approved, due to salary matching"
Number 16 - "That player is already under contract in Europe"
Number 8 - "That player is only cheap because he's under a rookie scale contract. Next year he'll be three times that much"
Number 5 - "No, they won't trade that player for Matt Bonner and Gary Neal. Not now, not ever"
Number 1 - "Wrong forum, dumbass"

:lol

#5 is my favorite. Every offseason, people think that the FO can use some Jedi mind trick to get another team to take players that ST views as garbage and give back an All-Star in return.

hooperflash
05-29-2013, 11:03 AM
Brett Brown is no longer the Australian head coach, tbh.

His job with the Australian National Team wasn't particularly impressive and the results he garnered as head coach were no better than the previous coach. In fact, literally the season after he left the Sydney Kings in the NBL, they developed into the best NBL team of all time winning three championships in a row.

I like him but I have to see, from watching him coach in the NBL and internationally, I never imagined him to be an NBA head coach. Obviously he has learnt a lot in the Spurs system... but his reputation in Australia was always that of an underachiever.

Because Aussies are so great at basketball... /blue, tbh.

eyeh8u
05-29-2013, 11:04 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4810YXU-mjI

my vote is for this guy

MI21
05-29-2013, 11:12 AM
He was very impressive with the North Melbourne Giants. The roster changes in Sydney had more to do with their success after he left too.

He won what, one championship? Those teams were stacked...

Like I said, he has obviously come a long way to even get where he is but I will always have a hard time imagining him as a successful NBA coach, but would love to be proven wrong - partly because I've met him and he was really friendly and open about his experience with the Spurs.

spurraider21
05-29-2013, 12:13 PM
I think Bud had a great feel for the players. While he would basically let the guys out there run Pop's system, his rotations and personnel usage seemed pretty logical. Didn't do anything crazy, but seemed to have a good feel for when to push the right buttons. Not sure if Brown has that, but if he hangs around as the #2 guy for a little while, that could come with experience. As far as X's and O's, he's right there

in2deep
06-02-2013, 02:26 AM
no thanks