PDA

View Full Version : Patty Mills and Aron Baynes work out with Paul McCartney

ace3g
05-29-2013, 11:04 AM
Pop likes him, yeah, yeah, yeah: The Spurs took the court for their morning pregame shootaround just a few hours after the stage and last pieces of equipment had been packed up and carted off after a Sunday night concert by Paul McCartney and his band.

Several members of the Spurs' traveling party took in the concert by the former Beatle, including Popovich, who was a high school student in Indiana when The Beatles' “invasion” of America took place in the mid-1960s.

“Obviously, his talent is off the charts, and then you think that he actually wrote those songs,” Popovich said of McCartney's performance. “Start with his voice, his musical abilities and his talent, all of that, and it's matched by his effort. That's what amazed me.

“He was awesome. Just awesome.”

And he likes them: Spurs guard Patty Mills and forward Aron Baynes on Sunday had to talk their way past a pair of burly bodyguards to use the weight room in the health club at the team's hotel.

That was because McCartney was getting in a pre-concert workout, and the club was closed to others.

“They knew we just wanted to get a lift after our practice, so they let us in,” Mills said. “We walked in, and there he was, Paul McCartney. Before we could say hi or anything he said, 'Go Spurs go.'

“It was one of those rare moments when I didn't know what to say. A special moment, and now I can tell everyone I lifted weights with Paul McCartney.”

http://www.expressnews.com/sports/spurs/article/Spurs-Notebook-Budenholzer-sizing-up-big-leap-4551977.php?t=abe327a32b927fc3fb

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/28/monday-and-1-links-patty-mills-got-to-lift-weights-with-sir-paul-mccartney/

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/san-antonio-spurs-patty-mills-talks-time-lifted-181546492.html

Gervin44Silas13
05-29-2013, 11:22 AM
SWEET!!!!

Pop likes him, yeah, yeah, yeah: The Spurs took the court for their morning pregame shootaround just a few hours after the stage and last pieces of equipment had been packed up and carted off after a Sunday night concert by Paul McCartney and his band.

Several members of the Spurs' traveling party took in the concert by the former Beatle, including Popovich, who was a high school student in Indiana when The Beatles' “invasion” of America took place in the mid-1960s.

“Obviously, his talent is off the charts, and then you think that he actually wrote those songs,” Popovich said of McCartney's performance. “Start with his voice, his musical abilities and his talent, all of that, and it's matched by his effort. That's what amazed me.

“He was awesome. Just awesome.”

And he likes them: Spurs guard Patty Mills and forward Aron Baynes on Sunday had to talk their way past a pair of burly bodyguards to use the weight room in the health club at the team's hotel.

That was because McCartney was getting in a pre-concert workout, and the club was closed to others.

“They knew we just wanted to get a lift after our practice, so they let us in,” Mills said. “We walked in, and there he was, Paul McCartney. Before we could say hi or anything he said, 'Go Spurs go.'

“It was one of those rare moments when I didn't know what to say. A special moment, and now I can tell everyone I lifted weights with Paul McCartney.”

http://www.expressnews.com/sports/spurs/article/Spurs-Notebook-Budenholzer-sizing-up-big-leap-4551977.php?t=abe327a32b927fc3fb

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/28/monday-and-1-links-patty-mills-got-to-lift-weights-with-sir-paul-mccartney/

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/san-antonio-spurs-patty-mills-talks-time-lifted-181546492.html

Capt Bringdown
05-29-2013, 11:23 AM
A good omen if there ever was one:

"Picture yourself in a boat on a river..."

Floyd Pacquiao
05-29-2013, 11:26 AM
wow he knows who the spurs are?

capek
05-29-2013, 11:32 AM
wow he knows who the spurs are?

Well, to be fair that's part of the job of a touring musician, you know a couple details about each city you go to, helps with pandering to the crowd. Doesn't change how cool it must have been for Patty and Baynes though. Glad they got to experience it, sure it was a cool moment for them.

davidbowie
05-29-2013, 11:40 AM
this is the best story

Budkin
05-29-2013, 11:50 AM

:tu

hooperflash
05-29-2013, 12:02 PM
DOPE, nuff said.

Poolboy5623
05-29-2013, 12:09 PM
Let me guess...it was chest & back day for aron?

hsxvvd
05-29-2013, 01:41 PM

Great call.

DrunkTXLabrat
05-29-2013, 01:57 PM
this is the coolest story i've ever heard. i love the beatles, i love the spurs. the imagining of paul saying go spurs go... priceless!

YoMamaIsCallin
05-29-2013, 02:21 PM

That was a John Lennon song, but nice try anyway.

Spur|n|Austin
05-29-2013, 02:26 PM
:tu :tu

BillMc
05-29-2013, 02:34 PM
Maybe I'm amazed!:toast

heyheymymy
05-29-2013, 03:50 PM

mind = blown

SupremeGuy
05-29-2013, 04:06 PM
Did the Beatles finally reach the shores of Australia? :p:

Samr.
05-29-2013, 04:53 PM
Wonder if Mills started waving his towel when he saw McCartney

EVAY
05-29-2013, 05:21 PM
Well, to be fair that's part of the job of a touring musician, you know a couple details about each city you go to, helps with pandering to the crowd. Doesn't change how cool it must have been for Patty and Baynes though. Glad they got to experience it, sure it was a cool moment for them.

But weren't they in Memphis?

Paul McCartney
05-29-2013, 05:49 PM
Go Spurs Go!

superbigtime
05-29-2013, 05:52 PM
Awesome!

The Whopper
05-29-2013, 10:31 PM
Evidently, it was big weekend for tired-old, washed-up acts at the Fed Ex Forum.

hooperflash
05-29-2013, 11:11 PM
But weren't they in Memphis?

You tired? Pretty sure Paul has been to S.A. , tbh.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
05-29-2013, 11:46 PM

Too bad John sang that part, still cool though!