PDA

View Full Version : What Chance For the Spurs?

Vash StampedE
05-29-2013, 12:14 PM
NBA.com article: http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/05/29/blogtable-what-chance-for-the-spurs/

The reactions of some of the respondents are right on cue. The question/the person who came up with that question seems to think that the Spurs will get crushed by the time the Finals starts. Also, I like the name Sekou Smith gave the Big 3: the Benjamin Button All Stars. The name really applies to how Duncan has played this season considering his age. Here's to hoping for one, two or three more years of Benjamin Button's case in Duncan's career:toast

Uriel
05-29-2013, 12:41 PM
Good read. Just goes to show that objective analysts are even more optimistic about the Spurs than we fans are. :toast

TDomination
05-29-2013, 12:47 PM
Bunch of homers

True realist know spurs don't stand a chance.

703 Spurz
05-29-2013, 01:04 PM
It would be a good series no matter who the Spurs play, but I think they will eventually run out of steam. Compared to both Miami and Indiana, San Antonio’s an older outfit. Miami will beat them with their athleticism while the Pacers are a very physical team who are simply relentless on the boards. But yes, like I said, it will be a fascinating 2013 NBA Finals.

What the fuck is this? Oh they're old so that's why they won't win the Finals. Must explain how they got there in the first place.

Wasn't Memphis a physical team that was relentless on the boards? And when did this fuck nipple say anything about the Finals being fascinating?

eyeh8u
05-29-2013, 01:11 PM
i dont like all these bandwagon jumping media types now picking the spurs, its never a good thing when almost everyone picks one team, almost never works out. Here is hoping all the experts on ESPN pick the heat

Sean Cagney
05-29-2013, 01:29 PM
i dont like all these bandwagon jumping media types now picking the spurs, its never a good thing when almost everyone picks one team, almost never works out. Here is hoping all the experts on ESPN pick the heat

Oh ESPN! DO NOT WORRY they will! No worries there.

hsxvvd
05-29-2013, 07:08 PM
Bookmakers here is oz have the Heat at 1.55, Spurs at 3.00 and Indiana at 9.00.

Given the Heat haven't even made the finals, that 3-1 for the Spurs seems a steal.

wildcardX
05-29-2013, 07:24 PM
Why do people think the Spurs are so old? Don't they realize that Miami is a way older team, probably just behind the Lakers and Knicks as the oldest team. Yet no one mentioned the other teams as being old and may run out of gas these playoffs. Minus Lebron, Bosh, Chalmers, and Coles everyone else on the Heat probably considered old by NBA standards.

racm
05-29-2013, 07:56 PM
Why do people think the Spurs are so old? Don't they realize that Miami is a way older team, probably just behind the Lakers and Knicks as the oldest team. Yet no one mentioned the other teams as being old and may run out of gas these playoffs. Minus Lebron, Bosh, Chalmers, and Coles everyone else on the Heat probably considered old by NBA standards.

Probably because Timmy won his first title back when LeBron was just a freshman, Wade had yet to get a growth spurt and Bosh was still shorter than his dad?

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-29-2013, 08:31 PM
I find that fans tend to go to the extremes of optimism or pessimism when it comes to their team. Either the team is an unbeatable juggernaut, or the sky is falling. I'm pleasantly surprised to see a lot of objective people picking the Spurs to beat the Heat, though.

Personally, I think the Spurs would beat the Heat, but consider the Heat to be favored to win, if that makes any sense......like saying "The Spurs have only a 40% chance of winning.........but I think that 40% will be what comes true."

Budkin
05-29-2013, 08:50 PM
Damn I didn't think a single media type would pick the Spurs over the Heat. Surprising.

Kidd K
05-29-2013, 09:11 PM
Honestly, I don't see the Pacers being much tougher than Memphis. They are better, but not much better. We would beat them in 6 imo.

Heat are obviously going to take us to 6-7, and can possibly beat us. But nobody should be acting like we can't beat them. Even with their HCA, our team at least has a 45 if not 50% chance of beating them. We match up well, we're rested, we will be mostly healthy (Don't know what Manu's deal is though), have plenty of time to prepare strategies, and it's one fuckin series folks, not an entire postseason.

The championship is very winnable. The Heat are not much better than the Spurs. No reason to be all scared and think that their picks are crazy. Our Spurs belong in the Finals.

Aztecfan03
05-29-2013, 09:11 PM
Because our big three is older than theirs. Our youngest of the big 3 is 31. Their oldest of the big 3 is 31.