:lol $11 million for a late first round pick
:lol good riddance
:lol good fit for the San Fran area

DOS CHAINZ
05-29-2013, 02:31 PM
Anyone have a gif of Duncan pushing RJ off scorers table? Shit was classic!:lol

NASpurs
05-29-2013, 02:33 PM
Although the good thing about this is since both RJ and Biedrins are taking up cap space, it means that GSW can't sign both Jarret and Landry if I'm not mistaken.

:lol RJ doing damage from the inside once again to another team

CubanMustGo
05-29-2013, 02:34 PM
Wouldn't you if you were a washed-up, end-of-the-bench player who otherwise would have a hard time convincing anyone you're worth even the minimum?

SpurOutofTownFan
05-29-2013, 02:40 PM
There it goes Jack

NASpurs
05-29-2013, 02:41 PM
Wouldn't you if you were a washed-up, end-of-the-bench player who otherwise would have a hard time convincing anyone you're worth even the minimum?

Well yeah, $11 mil for cheering from the bench is any loser's dream come true but this is more about lol'ing at the Warriors than RJ. :lol Especially having $20 mil tied to two people who aren't doing shit and losing one of your two top role players (Jack or Landry) because of it.

Dex
05-29-2013, 02:42 PM

Exactly, dude isn't going to get that payday anywhere else.

Considering the implications this could have on Golden States contract situation, the Stephen Jackson trade just continues to look better and better.

hater
05-29-2013, 02:47 PM
:lol

Boomersgold
05-29-2013, 02:53 PM
:lol Warriors

Can't believe RJ, someone who's not even in the regular rotation for the Warriors, is getting almost as much as what Bogut, Lee and Curry are getting paid. Ludicrous!

tesseractive
05-29-2013, 02:53 PM
Exactly, dude isn't going to get that payday anywhere else.

Considering the implications this could have on Golden States contract situation, the Stephen Jackson trade just continues to look better and better.
Honestly, it's a shame. The more trades we pull off like George Hill that end up with happy trade partners, the more likely we are to have more trades available. When you rob your trade partners blind, other front offices tend to be afraid of trading with you. :lol

Spursfanfromafar
05-29-2013, 02:55 PM
RC Buford being bailed out by the Warriors :)

capek
05-29-2013, 03:00 PM
I just :lmao when I saw this thread title. First we knock them out of the playoffs, now this. Suck it Dubs!

TheyCallMePro
05-29-2013, 03:00 PM
I just don't understand why the Warriors ever agreed to take on Jefferson's contract. Can someone please explain it to me? I'm lost here.

tesseractive
05-29-2013, 03:04 PM
I just don't understand why the Warriors ever agreed to take on Jefferson's contract. Can someone please explain it to me? I'm lost here.

The didn't want Stephen Jackson -- he was just cap ballast, and they were afraid he would be actively disruptive there. They thought RJ could play for them even if he wasn't the guy he used to be. They wanted the extra pick. Taking one extra year on the contract didn't seem like the end of the world based on all that. Oops.

Dex
05-29-2013, 03:10 PM
Honestly, it's a shame. The more trades we pull off like George Hill that end up with happy trade partners, the more likely we are to have more trades available. When you rob your trade partners blind, other front offices tend to be afraid of trading with you. :lol

It's not like we swindled them. They agreed to the trade as much as we did. They wouldn't have done it if they had foreseen Jefferson being absolutely freaking useless, but that's foresight for you.

DOS CHAINZ
05-29-2013, 03:11 PM
I hope they BOOOO him at the Oracle even damn time he checks in. Just like we did & will continue to do at the AT&T Center.:lmao

CGD
05-29-2013, 03:12 PM
Good, now they have two expiring deals worth nearly 20M to trade. Not terrible.

timtonymanu
05-29-2013, 03:13 PM
The only reason why no one should have hated the Jack trade.

:lol RJ
:lol can't even use the amnesty on him
:lol free money

DOS CHAINZ
05-29-2013, 03:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ulg9n8ou1Dw

tesseractive
05-29-2013, 03:15 PM
It's not like we swindled them. They agreed to the trade as much as we did. They wouldn't have done it if they had foreseen Jefferson being absolutely freaking useless, but that's foresight for you.
Sure. But if you were an average GM, wouldn't you have a rule like "Never trade with any team that I know is smarter than I am?" :lol

JR3
05-29-2013, 03:25 PM
Love the move. Always have. Who would pass up 11 mil? Glad we dont have to pay it.

Chinook
05-29-2013, 03:26 PM
At least the Warriors can be glad Jefferson picked his option up quickly. Now they can look for a trade with his expiring contract from now rather than after the draft.

T Park
05-29-2013, 03:28 PM
Good luck getting any team to his or Biedrin's contract. If it was like baseball and they are part of it, I'd consider Biedrins for Bane's role next year.

heyheymymy
05-29-2013, 03:29 PM
The didn't want Stephen Jackson -- he was just cap ballast, and they were afraid he would be actively disruptive there. They thought RJ could play for them even if he wasn't the guy he used to be. They wanted the extra pick. Taking one extra year on the contract didn't seem like the end of the world based on all that. Oops.

still defies logic, even with that seemingly common sense explanation. wow. the 2 missed FT's in the breakfast game and now this? CIA pop got an operative on the inside sabotaging an up and coming west contender.

Richie
05-29-2013, 03:42 PM
Still not as bad as you all think. They needed to take Jackson to get Bogut (good trade) and SJax could have been a terrible fit in that locker room. He may have been a horrible influence on their locker room and cause much more damage to them long term than an extra year of Jefferson. They also got a decent piece in Ezeli out of it.

If teams think Lebron might opt out next summer, those expirings could become very valuable.

Spurs clearly won that trade, but only because we had a strong locker room/coach to contain Jackson. If we had a young team like the Warriors who could be influenced negatively by a player like Jackson, we could easily be the loser in that trade.

2centsworth
05-29-2013, 03:44 PM
Amnesty?

Poolboy5623
05-29-2013, 03:45 PM
Good luck getting any team to his or Biedrin's contract. If it was like baseball and they are part of it, I'd consider Biedrins for Bane's role next year.

No offense but biedrins is softer than tiago, in the paint...spurs need toughness, not softness.

KL2
05-29-2013, 03:49 PM
Some Warriors fans were happy about this trade :lol

What makes it even better was that 2012 draft was horrible, I don't think there was a single quality NBA player drafted after 20.

Dex
05-29-2013, 03:52 PM
Amnesty?

Teams can't amnesty players they acquired in a trade.

Kamnik
05-29-2013, 03:53 PM

Can someone explain to me why Manu and Tim were being so agressive to him? That didnt look too friendly...

Mugen
05-29-2013, 03:54 PM
:lmao taking on RJ's abortion of contract so they can draft Festus Ezeli

slick'81
05-29-2013, 04:00 PM
Can't believe spurs resigned him to that ,Jesus 11 mil gl swallowing that deal gst

Mr. Body
05-29-2013, 04:04 PM
He's an expiring contract, right? That can be valuable for teams looking to clear future cap room.

BillMc
05-29-2013, 04:05 PM
Can't believe spurs resigned him to that ,Jesus 11 mil gl swallowing that deal gst

It allowed us to restructure, get under the salary cap and sign Splitter.

Also, while Jefferson was overpaid and a major disappointment we got him for retiring players/spare parts. So it was a good gamble for the Spurs, just one that didn't work out.

SupremeGuy
05-29-2013, 04:10 PM
Wouldn't you if you were a washed-up, end-of-the-bench player who otherwise would have a hard time convincing anyone you're worth even the minimum?Yup. :lol RJ is living the dream right now. That trade is looking so fucking brilliant right now.

Knoxxx
05-29-2013, 04:12 PM
Given the limited window of our stars still being capable of championships, dumping the RJ contract was CRITICAL. We already won the S Jax trade just for that.

Mugen
05-29-2013, 04:14 PM
:lol T Park, DesignatedT, etc. being stoked about resigning RJ when everybody else wanted to slit their wrists tbh.

timtonymanu
05-29-2013, 04:20 PM
:lol T Park, DesignatedT, etc. being stoked about resigning RJ when everybody else wanted to slit their wrists tbh.

Tbh, I was pretty stoked when we resigned him too but not because of his play but because of how thin the Spurs' small forward lineup was. IIRC, that was the same offseason where Hairston left.

crc21209
05-29-2013, 04:23 PM
:lol Damn that's ALOT of money for a scrub who doesnt even play. :lol Thank you Warriors!

timtonymanu
05-29-2013, 04:24 PM
:lol Damn that's ALOT of money for a scrub who doesnt even play. :lol Thank you Warriors!

Lol at some people thinking keeping RJ was better than trading for Jack in the long run

Getting all worked up over missing out on Ezeli when the Spurs probably would have drafted a guard with their pick.

moisaenz
05-29-2013, 04:24 PM

Hey its not the spurs fault they could not see what kind of player RJ was, it was not a blind trade. It was a dumb trade salary wise from the start,they were afraid to bring Jackson into their locker room and the spurs helped them.

siraulo23
05-29-2013, 04:31 PM
:lol spurs giving him that contract, :lol warriors for taking that contract but I'm not complaining and thank youuuu

KL2
05-29-2013, 04:32 PM
Tbh, I was pretty stoked when we resigned him too but not because of his play but because of how thin the Spurs' small forward lineup was. IIRC, that was the same offseason where Hairston left.

Me too, I thought SA was fucked without a starting SF so I wanted them to resign RJ, he was better than nothing, or so I thought... If I remember correctly the only other SF options at that time were Rasual Butler and James Jones from the Heat, both free agents, they were of course done in the NBA.

BatManu20
05-29-2013, 04:46 PM
Sucks for the Warriors. Smart move on his part.

The real question is, wth was our FO thinking giving him that egregious contract?

hooperflash
05-29-2013, 04:56 PM
Can someone explain to me why Manu and Tim were being so agressive to him? That didnt look too friendly...

Cory Joseph was trying to use the traction pad and Dick was blocking him purposely... take another look at it, Dick even sticks the traction pad's plastic tear-off on Manu's arm.

taps
05-29-2013, 05:08 PM

Their ready for a damn title is my guess. "Just don't suck."

Kidd K
05-29-2013, 05:09 PM
RJ is looking like an evil genius for restructuring his contract with the Spurs a couple seasons ago now.

Not the least bit surprised he took the option. He won't get even half that anywhere else. I doubt RJ cares what people there think about it either. . .it's 11 million dollars.

RJ is definitely climbing the "all time most overpaid players" list though.

m33p0
05-29-2013, 05:21 PM

i didn't notice this one during the game. there's another instance duncan pushing rj, that one happened at midcourt.

romain.star
05-29-2013, 05:34 PM

From a Warriors stand point, i still don't get it... I mean, when you take on such a big contract, you look at the player who is behind it. And back then, it was obvious for EVERYONE that RJ would remain this useless veteran whose contract annaly fucks any kind of salary cap.

SenorSpur
05-29-2013, 05:51 PM
Sucks for the Warriors. Smart move on his part.

The real question is, wth was our FO thinking giving him that egregious contract?

That's the better question.

Mel_13
05-29-2013, 06:04 PM
From a Warriors stand point, i still don't get it... I mean, when you take on such a big contract, you look at the player who is behind it. And back then, it was obvious for EVERYONE that RJ would remain this useless veteran whose contract annaly fucks any kind of salary cap.

The Warriors were looking at two choices. Pay 20 million for Jack to go away or pay 30 million for RJ and a late first round draft pick (round numbers). I imagine they wish that they had just paid off Jack and been done with it. As to why the Spurs signed RJ to that deal, it was thoroughly discussed at that time and those threads should be easy to find. It was a move motivated by significant savings for the 2010-11 season.

Baseline
05-29-2013, 06:08 PM
I just don't understand why the Warriors ever agreed to take on Jefferson's contract. Can someone please explain it to me? I'm lost here. As another poster mentioned, the Dubs trading for RJ was about getting rid of SJax. They were afraid he would be a negative influence on their promising young players. So in that regard, it was a good trade. Yes, he's killing their cap right now, but look at the strides their young players made this year... Which might not have happened had they kept SJax.

superbigtime
05-29-2013, 06:11 PM

That is so true. Other teams must be mulling it over and over and over "how are the Spurs screwing me??" But other FOs are probably LOLing at GSW. All FOs screw up but it was practically a favor, and i bet it's a loooong time til the next GSW-SAS trade.

moisaenz
05-29-2013, 07:21 PM
The Warriors were looking at two choices. Pay 20 million for Jack to go away or pay 30 million for RJ and a late first round draft pick (round numbers). I imagine they wish that they had just paid off Jack and been done with it. As to why the Spurs signed RJ to that deal, it was thoroughly discussed at that time and those threads should be easy to find. It was a move motivated by significant savings for the 2010-11 season.

Imagine what would a new coach do with a guy like Jackson in the locker room? If he almost messed up Spurs locker room, Jax would have messed up all of those youngsters..

cd021
05-29-2013, 07:25 PM
:lol Warriors

Its more like $12 Million when factoring actual salary of the pick. They fucked up their cap to get a backup bigman when they could have signed someone off the street. Biedrins should have been the one they Amnestied.

Yuixafun
05-29-2013, 07:36 PM

Pause it at 24 seconds... the mirth behind Duncan's stony facade almost breaks free but he reigns it in. Would like to play Poker with Timmy.

Chris
05-29-2013, 07:44 PM
Dick Jeff needs that paper to pay for his "private" parties :lol
http://ftrsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/nba-gays.jpg

racm
05-29-2013, 07:55 PM
Isn't Lukey boy's contract with Cleveland expiring this offseason?

GSH
05-29-2013, 08:12 PM
Richard Jefferson - the gift that keeps on taking.

kaji157
05-29-2013, 08:37 PM
He was great during his 8 first years. Yet his rookie contract payed him only 15 millions over 5 years.
He is cashin what hes owed.

pgardn
05-29-2013, 08:59 PM
Pause it at 24 seconds... the mirth behind Duncan's stony facade almost breaks free but he reigns it in. Would like to play Poker with Timmy.

Tim is just not like this. It looks like he could laugh or stay disinterested as its a part of a game between them. I don't think either really disliked him. Jefferson playing half serious games with Ginobili and Duncan playing along.

100%duncan
05-29-2013, 09:10 PM
P:lol:lolr them

T Park
05-29-2013, 09:33 PM
No offense but biedrins is softer than tiago, in the paint...spurs need toughness, not softness.

A fifth big that's in street clothes more often than not... Aren't going to sign anyone better.

TheyCallMePro
05-29-2013, 10:31 PM
They should make RJ run twice as many suicides in practice everyday because of this.

And if he refuses they can file suit claiming he's violating his contract and cut him.

Bingo.

bigfan
05-29-2013, 10:56 PM
Fuck RJ but I always thought Biedrins might be salvageable someplace.

Darkwaters
05-30-2013, 12:18 AM
Still not as bad as you all think. They needed to take Jackson to get Bogut (good trade) and SJax could have been a terrible fit in that locker room. He may have been a horrible influence on their locker room and cause much more damage to them long term than an extra year of Jefferson. They also got a decent piece in Ezeli out of it.

If teams think Lebron might opt out next summer, those expirings could become very valuable.

Spurs clearly won that trade, but only because we had a strong locker room/coach to contain Jackson. If we had a young team like the Warriors who could be influenced negatively by a player like Jackson, we could easily be the loser in that trade.

Even our locker room wasn't able to contain him. We had to cut sling on him right before the playoffs and just flat out waive him. I can only imagine what he might have done to GS if he'd been there.

ShoogarBear
05-30-2013, 12:26 AM
He's an expiring contract, right? That can be valuable for teams looking to clear future cap room.

Exactly. A smart GM is looking for a way to convert RJ into something useful next year. And remember the Lebron Sweepstakes start again in 2014.

Sean Cagney
05-30-2013, 03:09 AM
I just :lmao when I saw this thread title. First we knock them out of the playoffs, now this. Suck it Dubs!

To make it worse he missed the biggest two FT's in the series! If he hits those we probably lose game one! We lost game two so they might have been up 2-0!!!!!! LOL.

DapDaGenius
05-30-2013, 03:44 AM

I'm wondering why Jefferson was bothering them and put that plastic on Manu's arm? Hmmm...he was probably over there just being annoying, so they treated him that way.

unforeseen
05-30-2013, 03:49 AM
No surprise there. It will be his last contract in the NBA. Off to Europe or China afterwards.

Austin_Toros
05-30-2013, 04:50 AM

Biedrins has proven he can ball in years gone by so maybe you're right. It's just a shame that horrendous free throw shooting has essentially ruined any chance of him becoming a good player.

Gervin44Silas13
05-30-2013, 08:49 AM
So glad we got rid of this POC!

capek
05-30-2013, 09:03 AM
To make it worse he missed the biggest two FT's in the series! If he hits those we probably lose game one! We lost game two so they might have been up 2-0!!!!!! LOL.

:lol Ya, poor RJ. The fucking Manchurian Candidate of playoff basketball. :lmao

letmk
05-30-2013, 09:09 AM
Sure RJ is only worth minimum right now. But without Bogut, they would not be able to get into second round. So the trade is not that bad for them, just not that good either.

Boomersgold
05-30-2013, 09:52 AM
Biedrins is an above average post defender, someone who can give you 2 -3 offensive rebounds in 10 minutes of playing time. He's a serviceable backup center.

Russo21
05-30-2013, 10:08 AM
Don't people usually go to Jail for essentially 'stealing' the amount of money RJ has over the last few years. Grand Larceny?

Obstructed_View
05-30-2013, 10:46 AM
Nobody forced the Spurs to restructure RJ's shitty contract, and nobody forced the Warriors to trade for that shitty contract. He took less money to help the team, and he's more than entitled to opt in. Grant Hill didn't give any of that money back when he was rehabbing his ankle every year. Sometimes a guy hits the lottery. The Warriors will tell you they're really glad that Thompson blew up into a guy with a future.

Raven
05-30-2013, 01:05 PM
At least the Warriors can be glad Jefferson picked his option up quickly. Now they can look for a trade with his expiring contract from now rather than after the draft.

none is taking that tbh, after the amnesty was introduced, the amount of cancer contracts has heavily reduced, RJ is right now the worst contract in the league other than Bargnani and Stoudemire.

moisaenz
05-30-2013, 01:30 PM
No surprise there. It will be his last contract in the NBA. Off to Europe or China afterwards.

Maybe Mexico...lol

Chinook
05-30-2013, 01:49 PM
none is taking that tbh, after the amnesty was introduced, the amount of cancer contracts has heavily reduced, RJ is right now the worst contract in the league other than Bargnani and Stoudemire.

His deal is expiring, which automatically makes it a great asset. There are still teams that are looking to hemorrhage long-term salary. It's possible that Jefferson's and Biedrins' deals can get them a few good players their teams don't want on the books anymore.

Nathan89
01-09-2015, 10:09 PM
Do the warriors need an ageing pg with a new contract?