PDA

View Full Version : Do we have the "easiest" path to the Finals?

Mojazz
05-30-2013, 03:00 AM
We battled depleted Lakers, injured Curry and David Lee and unmatched Memphis Teddy Bears. :wow

I still think that the real test has yet to come.

KL2
05-30-2013, 03:23 AM
The heat have the easiest path, a bucks squad in the 1st round, a depleted bulls team in the 2nd round, and the Pacers in the WCF. This Pacer team got taken to 6 games by both the H:lolwks and the Knicks.

The Grizz would sweep all those teams.

Juggity
05-30-2013, 04:00 AM
The Lakers were the only bad team the Spurs have faced so far.

The Warriors put up a serious fight, and if Pop hadn't been as brilliant as he was in defensive adjustments, the Spurs would have lost it.

Memphis was a good team that also fell victim to Pop's coaching brilliance. But instead of taking 2 games to find the right strategy, Pop was ready from before the start of game 1, and the Spurs executed his strategy pretty much perfectly.

Miami's path has been easier by comparison. Indiana is roughly comparable to Memphis, and the Bucks are roughly comparable to the Lakers, but the Bulls were nowhere near the level of Golden State.

Obstructed_View
05-30-2013, 04:14 AM
I guess we'll find out in game 1.

Darkwaters
05-30-2013, 04:27 AM
We battled depleted Lakers, injured Curry and David Lee and unmatched Memphis Teddy Bears. :wow

I still think that the real test has yet to come.

Are you serious? The Heat by far have an easier road.

They played the Milwaukee Bucks who were well below .500 at 38-44.
Then they played the Derrick Rose-less Chicago Bulls.
They're rounding it out with the Indiana Pacers, who, with their record, would have been the 6th seed in the West (and probably wouldn't have won that many games if they played in the West).

The East is the Junior Varsity of the league, with the exception of Miami.

barakz21
05-30-2013, 06:00 AM
It doesn't really matter, imo. Yeah, we did have an easy path to the finals..... On paper. But that's why it's called on paper, because it's only in theory. Basically, they still gotta play the games. Don't get me wrong, we did get an easy path. It's just that it wasn't as easy as it seemed on paper. 12-2 so far in the postseason looks like a mighty dominating record, but remember the warriors series? And didn't we have 2 overtimes against the grizz?

Captivus
05-30-2013, 07:58 AM
The Spurs almost finish with the best record, almost.
Does that guarantee an easy path, no; but is more likely to happen when you finish with a good record.
Easy? No.
Many didnt want to play the Lakers, many didnt want to face the GSW.

Is it easier than the Clippers and OKC? Not sure.
What about MIL and CHI or BOS - NYK?

manufan10
05-30-2013, 08:18 AM
Why do people make an issue out of such trivial things? Who cares about who has the "easiest path." All that matters is that they're there, and they made it.

Anonymous Cowherd
05-30-2013, 08:19 AM
Do we play in the East now? [/conversation]

racm
05-30-2013, 08:26 AM
In terms of SRS:

2013 Spurs: LAL 1.48 (10th in NBA), GSW 1.32 (11th in NBA), MEM 4.33 (6th in NBA)

If Miami advances:

MIL -1.82 (18th in NBA), CHI -0.01 (14th in NBA), IND 3.34 (9th in NBA)

If Indiana advances:

ATL -0.07 (15th in NBA), NYK 3.73 (7th in NBA), MIA 7.03 (2nd in NBA)

101A
05-30-2013, 08:32 AM
People keep equating Indiana with Memphis. Both teams are healthy. Indiana finished with 49 wins IN THE EAST. Memphis finished with 56 wins IN THE WEST.

Memphis >>Indiana

racm: What is SRS?

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-30-2013, 08:50 AM
Perhaps, but it's certainly not something to apologize for, nor is it like it brings an asterisk with it or something like that.

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-30-2013, 09:15 AM
I think many people are overlooking how fortunate the Spurs were to emerge from the Western Conference Semifinals against the Warriors.

San Antonio was one play away from losing Game 1 and being in an 0-2 series hole headed to Oracle Arena. The odds of winning a playoff series, in those circumstances, are extremely low. Just one Golden State win at Oracle and the Spurs would have been in a 1-3 series deficit as it went back to the AT&T Center.

vma16
05-30-2013, 09:19 AM
I think you are underating the west... The fact that we were able to win in such a convincing way does not mean we played againts easy teams.

Proxy
05-30-2013, 09:36 AM
How was Memphis "unmatched?" They beat the Clippers and Thunder.

Golden State series was a turning point. They were the team playing over their heads, and SA found a way to grind it out and beat them. Reminded me of the past Nuggets, Kings, and Sonics teams that the Spurs would run into. Spurs re-found their defensive identity and gained some confidence and momentum.

Yeah, Lakers sucked first round, but that's why you play for a better seed.

Heat are on another level, but it's not like they've played a team as good as the Spurs either.

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-30-2013, 09:38 AM
Seems like people are bound to discount the Spurs' accomplishments either way.

If the Spurs get a low playoff seed, then that means they were an inferior team.

If the Spurs get a high playoff seed, and therefore play weaker opponents in the playoffs as a result, then "they got the easy path to the Finals."

RD2191
05-30-2013, 10:06 AM
Stop posting, tbh.