manu
05-30-2013, 03:47 PM
According to MySportsLegion twitter,

https://twitter.com/MySportsLegion/status/340177896897409024

Comedian Kevin Hart weighs in by tweeting:

"Tony Parker texting advice to George Hill on how to beat Miami? Come on man…"

Poolboy5623
05-30-2013, 03:59 PM
Kevin hart tweeting about the nba...come on, man!

hater
05-30-2013, 04:00 PM
kevin who?

hater
05-30-2013, 04:03 PM
if true TP is about to get his ass ripped by Pop imo

KaiRMD1
05-30-2013, 04:04 PM
LMAO, everybody there who's been giving opinions seem to be Heat "fans"

McGusto55
05-30-2013, 04:05 PM
Dumb ass

moisaenz
05-30-2013, 04:08 PM
If that is true Hill should have learned how to dribble out of a double team or pass out of a double team first.

ajh18
05-30-2013, 04:11 PM
Why is this an issue? They are friends, used to play together, and I'd venture to say that Hill probably views Tony as a mentor who helped craft his game.

Doesn't Duncan text Hibbert after like every game (http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2012-05-19/roy-hibbert-indiana-pacers-miami-heat-tim-duncan-helping-hibbert)?

Getting advice from a mentor/former mentor in a big series isn't out of the ordinary at all. Good for Hill for seeking all the help he can, and good for Parker for helping an old teammate. And if it gives the Spurs a shot at the Pacers in the finals, all the better.

DAF86
05-30-2013, 04:12 PM
Tony running his mouth, what else is new? :lol

Bruno
Well, Duncan is doing the exact same thing with Hibbert...

PŇÓCH
If the pacers make it to the Finals will he tweet Hill on how to beat SA?

Poolboy5623
05-30-2013, 04:15 PM
If the pacers make it to the Finals will he tweet Hill on how to beat SA?

Probably not.

SA210
05-30-2013, 04:18 PM
Tony Allen was texting Lebron how to flop before game 4

SouthernFried
05-30-2013, 04:21 PM
Personally...I'd rather play Miami.

J.T.
05-30-2013, 04:23 PM
Tony Allen was texting Lebron how to flop before game 4

:tu

hater
05-30-2013, 04:26 PM
Well, Duncan is doing the exact same thing with Hibbert...

weak :rolleyes

even if your wild theory is correct(which I highly doubt), Duncan is not admitting it publicly

as I said. If true Tony is one stupid motherfucker

spurs1990
05-30-2013, 04:32 PM
Hope Tony didn't actually publicly reveal this info. Makes him look silly in so many ways.

SA210
05-30-2013, 04:34 PM
Can't wait for Spurs haters to say Tony is helping Hill bc the Spurs are scared of Heat :rolleyes

Bruno
05-30-2013, 04:37 PM

even if your wild theory is correct(which I highly doubt), Duncan is not admitting it publicly

Wild theory?

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2012/05/roy-hibbert-expounds-on-relationship-with-tim-duncan/

“This summer I watched a lot of film and worked out with Tim Duncan for like two or three weeks at a time during the lockout,” Hibbert told SLAM. “I learned a lot from him. I talk with him on like a weekly basis, ask for scouting reports.”

hater
05-30-2013, 04:39 PM
Wild theory?

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2012/05/roy-hibbert-expounds-on-relationship-with-tim-duncan/

:lmao :lmao

that story came out in the regular season :lol

you kiddin right? show me where it says Duncan admitted to texting Hibbert about the Heat???

again, I am not ready to believe this storry. But if it turns out Tony admitted to texting Hill about the Heat series, he is one stupid motherfucker.

wow these Manufanboys and Tonyfanboys are pathetic

Trainwreck2100
05-30-2013, 04:40 PM
Can we see a direct quote from Parker about what he said. It's very easy to misconstrue his words to that tweet.

tmtcsc
05-30-2013, 04:40 PM
My preference is for us to play and BEAT Miami. I want us to beat the defending champion and watch Lebron and company suffer defeat in Texas again. Indiana? Meh...they are playing their championship right now. They might pull off a stunner. Way tooo many people with their lips locked around Miami's junk, imo. They are good, not great. It's hard to repeat as champions...as we all know too well.

BatManu20
05-30-2013, 04:41 PM
Personally...I'd rather play Miami.

Then, with all due respect, you're crazy.

DisAsTerBot
05-30-2013, 04:44 PM
lol texting your friend makes you a "stupid motherfucker"

now that's just stupid

spurs1990
05-30-2013, 04:45 PM
Confirmed. Thanks TP. Only makes me appreciate Duncan's media aloofness that much more.

hater
05-30-2013, 04:46 PM
lol texting your friend makes you a "stupid motherfucker"

now that's just stupid

no. but admitting publicly you are giving tips to beat the Champs to a potential opponent is.

Let's just hope Tony was not that fucking stupid

FromWayDowntown
05-30-2013, 04:47 PM
I have absolutely no idea why this would be either controversial or surprising.

playblair
Hope Tony didn't actually publicly reveal this info. Makes him look silly in so many ways.

Bruno
:lmao :lmao

that story came out in the regular season :lol

you kiddin right? show me where it says Duncan admitted to texting Hibbert about the Heat???

Yeah, sure...

Duncan is only giving advices to Hibbert for the regular season and, when it's the playoffs, and that these tips would be the most useful to Hibbert, he is turning him down. :rolleyes

Parker and Hill are friends, they are talking to each others and exchanging advices/tips. There is nothing malicious or extraordinary with it.

Kori Ellis
05-30-2013, 04:48 PM
Doesn't seem like a big deal to me...

DisAsTerBot
05-30-2013, 04:48 PM
so he's like, hey george drive the ball left.

Who fucking cares

Kori Ellis
05-30-2013, 04:49 PM

Me either :lol

apalisoc_9
I love tony, but he is trying too hard.

He's a bit of an attention whore tbh.

hater
Yeah, sure...

Duncan is only giving advices to Hibbert for the regular season and, when it's the playoffs, and that these tips would be the most useful to Hibbert, he is turning him down. :rolleyes

Parker and Hill are friends, they are talking to each others and exchanging advices/tips. There is nothing malicious or extraordinary with it.

again the stupidity comes when Parker admits it publicly.

these are the Finals we are talking about and the Champs. If you think the Champs won't be a bit fueled by this, you are one Parker homer :rolleyes

plus, when did Parker ever beat the Heat? :lmao :lol

Budkin
05-30-2013, 04:53 PM
Dude it's a fact that Pop was talking to Larry Brown during the 2004 Finals about strategies to use against the Lakers. Who gives a fuck. I'm sure friends in the NBA do this shit all the time.

Trainwreck2100
05-30-2013, 04:57 PM

Miami's loves to play the vicrim

hater
05-30-2013, 04:57 PM
well fine then

let's hope its a non story. I still think it's pretty stupid of him and will bite him in the ass later but then again I also thought Duncan and Parker were gona get suspended for that Halloween pic :lmao

Juggity
05-30-2013, 04:59 PM

Former teammate, close friend. What's surprising about Tony wanting George Hill to succeed?

Beaverfuzz
05-30-2013, 05:02 PM
Ok, wtf is Kevin Hart?

hater
05-30-2013, 05:07 PM
here are some reaction tweets

:lmao Parker

Team LeBron™ ‏@TeamLeBron_ 1h
WOWWW!!!! RT @MySportsLegion: Tony Parker says he's been exchanging text messages with George Hill on tips/pointers on how to beat the Heat.

Quan Lamont Stevens ‏@Th3yCallMeQ 4m
Tony Parker don't wanna play the heat lmao

Michael Knight ‏@Danny_Montes 8m
I had a little respect for Tony Parker but all that shit just went down the drain

Travis ‏@TrabDiggidy 10m
If Tony Parker really is texting George Hill on how to beat the Heat, that tells me that Parker is afraid that they can't beat the Heat.

Lamon Gregory Jr. ‏@Lamon_G 12m
How Tony Parker gone give tips on how to beat the Heat when the Heat beat they starters without Wade and James

“@MySportsLegion: Tony Parker says he's been texting George Hill and gave him tips on how to beat the Heat.” Parker went 0-2 this year lol

Baseline
05-30-2013, 05:07 PM
Personally...I'd rather play Miami. So would I. Pop can figure out to beat a one-man team. Indiana, on the other hand, poses more problems for us. David West has always destroyed us, but Kawhi can't guard both West and Paul George.

Bruno
05-30-2013, 05:08 PM
these are the Finals we are talking about and the Champs. If you think the Champs won't be a bit fueled by this, you are one Parker homer :rolleyes

Let's say, which I highly doubt, that Miami takes it otherwise than just two friends talking and exchange advices. They would take it as Parker being scared of them and trying to avoid them in the finals.

I don't know how you can be fueled by that. Teams are usually fueled when an opponent disrespect them which isn't the case at all.

DAF86
05-30-2013, 05:09 PM
The problem isn't Tony texting Hill about how to beat the Heat, the problem is him admitting it. You just don't do that when you're on the other side of the bracket waiting for the winner of that series.

Is not THAT big of a deal but it's something better worth avoiding.

hater
05-30-2013, 05:13 PM
Let's say, which I highly doubt, that Miami takes it otherwise than just two friends talking and exchange advices. They would take it as Parker being scared of them and trying to avoid them in the finals.

I don't know how you can be fueled by that. Teams are usually fueled when an opponent disrespect them which isn't the case at all.

nothing wrong with him doing it in secret. But publicly admitting it opens the doors for fuel to the Champs(they don't want to face us, let's prove him wrong), ridicule from public, hate from Stern and his minions, and all around making Spurs look bad.

this is the same champs team that got offended when Voguel called them another team :lol

Worse case is Heat win next 2 and proceed to sweep the Spurs. And media reminds us of this story. :lmao Parker

Best case, this story goes away by the end of today.

DAF86
05-30-2013, 05:15 PM

You can bet your ass that they're going to use this one way or another to cheer themselves up in the locker room, it will either be: "Let's beat this guy that wanted out of the finals" or "We can't lose to this guy that is afraid of us" or most likely both.

Again, it isn't the end of the World but I would have prefered for him to ommit that part.

davidbowie
05-30-2013, 05:16 PM
tony should just keep quiet. yeah it's not a big deal but why even bother saying some shit like that? just some dumb shit for espn or geeks on twitter to make into some big thing. it's just unnecessary and silly.

Bruno
05-30-2013, 05:19 PM
But publicly admitting it opens the doors for fuel to the Champs(they don't want to face us, let's prove him wrong)

Let's prove Parker wrong that he shouldn't has been scared of facing Miami?

Do you realize that to prove Parker wrong, Miami will have to lose the finals against Spurs?

Budkin
05-30-2013, 05:23 PM

This. Total non issue.

Bruno
05-30-2013, 05:23 PM
You can bet your ass that they're going to use this one way or another to cheer themselves up in the locker room, it will either be: "Let's beat this guy that wanted out of the finals" or "We can't lose to this guy that is afraid of us" or most likely both.

Really?

Let's say Parker is saying "we are rooting for Indiana to win the ECF because Miami is one the greatest team ever alongside the 95-96 Bulls and we have close to no chance of beating them".

Do you think it's locker room material for Miami that would bring extra motivation to them?

The Reckoning
05-30-2013, 05:33 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/943444_532848530085724_1042395708_n.jpg

Mugen
05-30-2013, 05:34 PM
:lol Gonna be a long ass week

I guess nobody cares that LeBron's been getting tips from CP3 on how to defend tbh:

http://sinbapointforward.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/chris-paul-demarcus-cousins.jpg?w=600&h=333
http://dimemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/lebron-james-david-west-double-flop-480x269.png

DAF86
Really?

Let's say Parker is saying "we are rooting for Indiana to win the ECF because Miami is one the greatest team ever alongside the 95-96 Bulls and we have close to no chance of beating them".

Do you think it's locker room material for Miami that would bring extra motivation to them?

:lol Why would we assume that when he didn't say that and never will?

The way this brokeout it's as obvious as bulletin board material get, anyone who has ever spent time on a locker room of any sport no matter on what level knows that it doesn't take much to pull this kind of stuff.

hater
Let's prove Parker wrong that he shouldn't has been scared of facing Miami?

no. let's prove him wrong that he knows how to beat us. that anyone can beat us

Do you realize that to prove Parker wrong, Miami will have to lose the finals against Spurs?

huh?

RD2191
05-30-2013, 05:38 PM
Fuk the heat, who cares is this pisses them off. You think tony gives a fuk? Come one man.

tesseractive
05-30-2013, 05:46 PM
So would I. Pop can figure out to beat a one-man team. Indiana, on the other hand, poses more problems for us. David West has always destroyed us, but Kawhi can't guard both West and Paul George.
Lame post.

1. The Heat are only slightly more of a one-man team than the Jordan Bulls were.

2. What does David West do exactly that stops Boris or Tiago from guarding him?

3. My guess is that Danny can handle some minutes on Paul George if need be.

TD 21

I realize this has nothing to do with the thread, but I saw that you're currently viewing it and since you didn't respond when I PM'ed you a bunch of days ago, I'm posting it here: I'm having constant log in/log out issues again.

Bruno
:lol Why would we assume that when he didn't say that and never will?

So Parker is afraid of Miami because they are a bad team....

If this story can serve as some motivational material, it would be for Indiana not Miami. The motivation would be "Parker wanted us in the finals, let's prove him he was stupid to wish that".

That's just so weird to think that it could fueled Miami. It you want to see more than just two friends talking, it's Parker being scared of the Heat. How the hell, you can logically go from that to Parker being disrespectful to Miami is just weird.

hater
05-30-2013, 05:49 PM
Bruno you are way overthinking this.

It's very simple. Parker's comments admit that he wants the Heat to fail. Whatever the reason. For his friend, brother, girlfriend whatever. that is irrelevant. Parker wants the Heat to FAIL and is trying to help that cause.

The Heat will take it as this guy wants us to fail, on top of it we probably will face this guy in the Finals.

very simple. :rolleyes

DesignatedT
05-30-2013, 05:49 PM
Parker helping one of his good friends? That's blasphemy.

SanDiegoSpursFan
05-30-2013, 05:51 PM
No one on the Heat should or will care at all.

DAF86
05-30-2013, 05:54 PM
So Parker is afraid of Miami because they are a bad team....

If this story can serve as some motivational material, it would be for Indiana not Miami. The motivation would be "Parker wanted us in the finals, let's prove him he was stupid to wish that".

That's just so weird to think that it could fueled Miami. It you want to see more than just two friends talking, it's Parker being scared of the Heat. How the hell, you can logically go from that to Parker being disrespectful to Miami is just weird.

You don't get it dude. Heat won't overanalyze it one bit, they would be like "Did you see what Tony Parker did?" "Yeah, don't matter we would beat his ass when time comes" or "Yeah, faggot is scared to face us", either way it works as bulletin board material in the locker room.

Dro210
They're friends and were teammates for 3 years, who fuckin cares?? It's not a big deal at all, publicly or privately... And it has nothing to do with the Heat, Tony just wants his boy to win.

Tony gets 2 national interviews, finally getting a little respect due to that fact he's ballin so hard he can't be ignored... and he's an attention whore now? :lol

Bruno
The Heat will take it as this guy wants us to fail, on top of it we probably will face this guy in the Finals.

I'm sure that Duncan or Ginobili wants the Heat to succeed and win it all this year...

Fabbs
Don't like it.
Twitter is for twits.

Nonetheless, hopefully non issue.

hater
05-30-2013, 05:55 PM
I'm sure that Duncan or Ginobili wants the Heat to succeed and win it all this year...

once again. Once you go public on this it's a different ballgame. :rolleyes

imagine if Duncan and Manu said today "yeah, we want Pacers to beat the Heat"

yeah, that would be a good PR move :rolleyes

Bruno
05-30-2013, 05:59 PM
You don't get dude. Heat won't overanalyze it one bit, they would be like "Did you see what Tony Parker did?" "Yeah, don't matter we would beat his ass when time comes" or "Yeah, faggot is scared to face us", either way it works as bulletin board material in the locker room.

Wow, really, so Heat having to face a scared player will motivate them?

Seriously, dude...

Budkin
05-30-2013, 06:00 PM
No one on the Heat should or will care at all.

If the Heat need to use Tony Parker giving advice on how to beat them as motivation, they have absolutely no chance to beat the Spurs. And even if they do care, they don't have a chance of stopping Parker anyway.

Chinook
05-30-2013, 06:05 PM
I'm surprised that no one is upset at Parker for giving away advice that he himself may use against Miami. The fact that the Heat can get a sense for how Parker wants to attack them by looking at Hill's adjustments should be a much bigger concern than the Heat getting motivation from Parker giving out advice. I imagine a lot of Heat players either give or get counsel all the time.

That being said, maybe Parker's going CIA Tony on the Heat, giving them something else to think about when gameplanning against him. The chest match between the teams over getting Parker open may well decide the series, and if Parker can get into Miami's heads before they've even clinched the Finals, that only goes to help the Spurs win the mental game.

Libri
05-30-2013, 06:05 PM
I can already see some columnist with the headline, "Two teams conspiring against the Heat."

Dre_7
05-30-2013, 06:06 PM
Since when does texting a friend, who is like a brother, mean that he is afraid of the Heat? I dont get how all the haters are all over Tony?

What was HIS EXACT quote btw?????

DAF86
05-30-2013, 06:12 PM
Wow, really, so Heat having to face a scared player will motivate them?

Seriously, dude...

Now you're being intentionally obtuse. Imagine this situation in the locker room, you hugged to all your teammates and the leader of the team saying:

"C´mon, let's push the shit of these fuckers that didn't want to see us here. You know why they didn't want to see us here? 'cause they are scared little pussies, 'cause they know we are better than them, 'cause we are going to beat the shit out of them. C'mon let's beat this fucking faggots, C'mon, c'mon, c'mon"

Or something like that :lol That would be a pretty damn good motivational speech, imho.

Darius McCrary
05-30-2013, 06:13 PM
I wish we were talking about a series review or preview instead of this nonsense.

manufan10
05-30-2013, 06:14 PM
Sigh... this is really going to be a long wait. People making mountains out of molehills.

Dre_7
05-30-2013, 06:16 PM
Sigh... this is really going to be a long wait. People making mountains out of molehills.

Exactly.

People already forming opinions on an interview that hasnt even aired yet (at least not that I know of, I cant find a transcript anywhere).

Aztecfan03
05-30-2013, 06:16 PM
Bruno you are way overthinking this.

It's very simple. Parker's comments admit that he wants the Heat to fail. Whatever the reason. For his friend, brother, girlfriend whatever. that is irrelevant. Parker wants the Heat to FAIL and is trying to help that cause.

very simple. :rolleyes

You are the one overthinking it. And why can't it be they are just friends?

manufan10
05-30-2013, 06:17 PM
Exactly.

People already forming opinions on an interview that hasnt even aired yet (at least not that I know of, I cant find a transcript anywhere).

I'm assuming it's airing tonight on TNT, fwiw.

Dre_7
05-30-2013, 06:22 PM
I'm assuming it's airing tonight on TNT, fwiw.

The haters cant at least wait until after the interview to form their opinions?

This is why I could never understand the Manu/Tony hate that some fans of the other get. I mean, I love both guys and never enjoy when one isnt doing well. Besides, the Spurs have a better chance of winning when both guys are doing well, so why wouldnt they want both to flourish?

crc21209
If the Heat need to use Tony Parker giving advice on how to beat them as motivation, they have absolutely no chance to beat the Spurs. And even if they do care, they don't have a chance of stopping Parker anyway.

This. No NBA team should need "bulletin board material" at this point in the playoffs...

DAF86
It really isn't a big deal but seriously guys, Lebron got all worked up over Vogel saying "The Heat are just the next team we have to beat to reach our goal" and you really expect him not to take this Parker's news as fuel for the locker room.? :lol

Dre_7
05-30-2013, 06:24 PM
It really isn't a big deal but seriously guys, Lebron got all worked up over Vogel saying "The Heat are just the next team we have to beat to reach our goal" and you really expect him not to take this Parker's news as fuel for the locker room.? :lol

Yet he let them tie the series? Obviously Lebron getting worked up didnt affect the series all that much. Otherwise he woulda swept them.

Aztecfan03
05-30-2013, 06:24 PM
I'm surprised that no one is upset at Parker for giving away advice that he himself may use against Miami. The fact that the Heat can get a sense for how Parker wants to attack them by looking at Hill's adjustments should be a much bigger concern than the Heat getting motivation from Parker giving out advice. I imagine a lot of Heat players either give or get counsel all the time.

That being said, maybe Parker's going CIA Tony on the Heat, giving them something else to think about when gameplanning against him. The chest match between the teams over getting Parker open may well decide the series, and if Parker can get into Miami's heads before they've even clinched the Finals, that only goes to help the Spurs win the mental game.

Well if a chest match determines the winner, than all this basketball analyzing is pointless. Are these chests rated by musculature, man-boobs, or what?

Kidd K
05-30-2013, 06:25 PM
This is a big deal how exactly? George Hill was a Spur for years, he's Tony's friend irl, and no doubt many, many other players help eachother in this exact way all the time. Probably several other guys in that series too.

No, this isn't Parker admitting he doesn't want to face the Heat in the Finals, it's just him helping his friend. I seriously doubt Parker fears that amazing duo of PGs the heat have, Chalmers and Cole. I mean, those defensive gurus must really keep Tony up at night! Or the old men SGs who may rotate over (Battier and Allen), or the broke-knee having D Wade who Parker probably gets mad at his gf for waking him up when he's dreaming about breaking his ankles over and over again.

George Hill on the other hand is a very good defender. If Parker doesn't want to face anyone, it's Hill. :lol Parker dreams of getting to go off on Chalmers and Cole. They will be the weakest defenders he's faced all postseason.

Y'all need to stop being so dickless and scared. Heat aren't going to be any more jacked up to beat us because Parker texted Hill some advice than they will be to win a championship. The angrier the Heat players get, the more likely they'll fuck up. Basketball is a finesse sport, not a power sport. Anger isn't going to do them much good.

I'm surprised that no one is upset at Parker for giving away advice that he himself may use against Miami. The fact that the Heat can get a sense for how Parker wants to attack them by looking at Hill's adjustments should be a much bigger concern than the Heat getting motivation from Parker giving out advice.

That is literally the only beef I have with Tony giving him advice. The rest of it is scared overreaction from dickless Spurfans who need to regrow their balls and stop fearing the Heat hype machine. Some of the guys here act so damn embarrassing, fearing every good team and comment like it's going to make them play way better. :\

SpurPadre
05-30-2013, 06:26 PM
Well, seeing how the media world is going out of its way to give the Heat tips on how to beat the Pacers, what's wrong with one person outside of Indiana to give a little bit of advice that won't really do much to improve the team's chances? It's one thing to give advice, it's another to apply it and be effective with it. Non-story, tbh.

Aztecfan03
05-30-2013, 06:27 PM

And what have they done after that "slight". Lucky to have a tie series.

hater
05-30-2013, 06:29 PM

I also remember one finals where Wade and Lebron made a coughing sounds and his teamates laughing. Media said they were making fun of Dirk's cold.

Nowitzki proceeded to shit on the entire Heat team. And the incident will forever be remember in the annals of NBA lore and the Heat looking damns stupid.

:lol at these potato couches who think things like this don't affect players

these are the same players who won't change underwear for duration of series, or other ridiculous shit like that

Aztecfan03
05-30-2013, 06:31 PM

I also remember one finals where Wade and Lebron made a coughing sounds and his teamates laughing. Media said they were making fun of Dirk's cold.

Nowitzki proceeded to shit on the entire Heat team. And the incident will forever be remember in the annals of NBA lore and the Heat looking damns stupid.

:lol at these potato couches who dont' think things like this affect players

Is Lebron shitting all over Indiana? nope didn't think so.

spursince#99
05-30-2013, 06:32 PM
According to MySportsLegion twitter,

https://twitter.com/MySportsLegion/status/340177896897409024

Comedian Kevin Hart weighs in by tweeting:

"Tony Parker texting advice to George Hill on how to beat Miami? Come on man…"

That's not even Kevin Hart's real Twitter handle asshole

hater
Is Lebron shitting all over Indiana? nope didn't think so.

game starts in 1 hours buddy

DAF86
Yet he let them tie the series? Obviously Lebron getting worked up didnt affect the series all that much. Otherwise he woulda swept them.

And what have they done after that "slight". Lucky to have a tie series.

Like I said, it really isn't a big deal, at the end the better team will win. It's just that is not common to hear this kind of stuff from the people involved and imho we could have done without it but it's already done and not worth arguing anymore.

T Park
05-30-2013, 06:35 PM

Why is it stupid?

spurs1990
05-30-2013, 06:37 PM
Since when does texting a friend, who is like a brother, mean that he is afraid of the Heat? I dont get how all the haters are all over Tony?

What was HIS EXACT quote btw?????

To clarify, the action of texting Hill is not an issue. It's the act of making it known in a national interview that is drawing ire, tbh.

But here's the funny part: Tony and the Spurs are 0-3 against Miami in the last 2 seasons. They did beat Miami in March 2011 but if ya'll recall George Hill was on that team.

hater
05-30-2013, 06:39 PM
bingo ^ :lol

what inside info could Tony possibly have that the Pacers coaching staff don't. The Pacers and Hill have won more games over the Heat than Parker in the last 3 years :lol

and if he's divulging inside info that Spurs coaches are telling the players, even more stupid

LOL Tony

rogues
05-30-2013, 06:43 PM
Haters and other teams ganging up on Miami?..:lol NBA

mvparker
05-30-2013, 06:44 PM
Just helping Hill with his own play, and prolly telling him what he would do if he was in his shoes... at least from what he can see on TV... Non story. Relax.

Aztecfan03
05-30-2013, 06:46 PM
game starts in 1 hours buddy

I'm talking about the Vogel "slight"

hater
05-30-2013, 06:47 PM
I'm talking about the Vogel "slight"

Vogel apologized to the Kang :lol

spurs1990
05-30-2013, 06:51 PM
bingo ^ :lol

what inside info could Tony possibly have that the Pacers coaching staff don't. The Pacers and Hill have won more games over the Heat than Parker in the last 3 years :lol

and if he's divulging inside info that Spurs coaches are telling the players, even more stupid

LOL Tony

Didn't even think about that....well then maybe we're getting it wrong and the tips were flowing the other direction.

SA210
05-30-2013, 07:06 PM
here are some reaction tweets

:lmao Parker

Team LeBron™ ‏@TeamLeBron_ 1h
WOWWW!!!! RT @MySportsLegion: Tony Parker says he's been exchanging text messages with George Hill on tips/pointers on how to beat the Heat.

Quan Lamont Stevens ‏@Th3yCallMeQ 4m
Tony Parker don't wanna play the heat lmao

Michael Knight ‏@Danny_Montes 8m
I had a little respect for Tony Parker but all that shit just went down the drain

Travis ‏@TrabDiggidy 10m
If Tony Parker really is texting George Hill on how to beat the Heat, that tells me that Parker is afraid that they can't beat the Heat.

Lamon Gregory Jr. ‏@Lamon_G 12m
How Tony Parker gone give tips on how to beat the Heat when the Heat beat they starters without Wade and James

“@MySportsLegion: Tony Parker says he's been texting George Hill and gave him tips on how to beat the Heat.” Parker went 0-2 this year lol

Can't wait for Spurs haters to say Tony is helping Hill bc the Spurs are scared of Heat :rolleyes

moisaenz
05-30-2013, 07:21 PM
This is stupid.When has Tony accepted this publicly? As a matter of fact how did it become public?

manu
05-30-2013, 07:31 PM
This is stupid.When has Tony accepted this publicly? As a matter of fact how did it become public?

It turns out it was Rachel Nichols who first made this information public, via her twitter account.

thiste
05-30-2013, 08:05 PM
I'd rather play the Pacers only because I'm really getting tired of the one sided officiating.

Brazil
05-30-2013, 08:22 PM
:lol at this thread and the TP watergate

EVAY
05-30-2013, 08:28 PM
TP is on record in an interview saying that he considers George Hill 'a little brother'. Hibbert has said that he and Duncan speak at least every couple of weeks (he didn't specify that it stopped or not during the playoffs).

This is one of the biggest non-issues that folks on this forum have come up with in a long time.

Remember that Tim won't talk to the media because of the divorce, and the media has finally figured out that TP is a great player, so if they want to talk to anyone on the Spurs right now, it is likely to be Tony, and if it is running right now, it is gonna be about the ECF.

FromWayDowntown
05-30-2013, 08:42 PM
LOL at anyone actually fretting about this.

Budkin
05-30-2013, 09:12 PM
Well Tony's texts don't seem to have worked. Hill looks awful tonight. Then again he always disappeared on the road.

hooperflash
05-30-2013, 09:18 PM
Tony P afraid of the Heat? Ohhhh Heat "fans" :rolleyes

hater
05-30-2013, 09:28 PM
1 PT 3 AST 0 REB going into the 4th

good going Parker

:lmao

SpurPadre
05-30-2013, 09:58 PM
Hill's now going to try to give TP tips but TP will just brush him off and say, "No thanks. My coach isn't an idiot like yours!"

benefactor
05-30-2013, 09:59 PM
Hill shitting the bed hard.

timtonymanu
05-30-2013, 10:00 PM
George Hill choking on the road per par...

Fitting that he ended his Spurs career airballing a wide open corner 3.

timtonymanu
05-30-2013, 10:03 PM
:lol calling Vogel an idiot when he has a mental midget George Hill and a low IQ Lance Stephenson as his starting backcourt.

The Pacers just don't have the talent to keep up with the Heat.

Snow
05-30-2013, 10:03 PM
:lol If Tony follows his own "tips" when we face the Heat...
Heat in 3

spursfan09
05-30-2013, 10:06 PM
TP could give all the advice he wants. He can't execute for him to

RD2191
05-30-2013, 10:06 PM
Gaw damn TP. Trolling George Hill.

DarrinS
05-30-2013, 10:10 PM
Good trade

jimbo
05-30-2013, 10:20 PM
Guess TP9 wants to play the Heat

siraulo23
05-30-2013, 10:22 PM
Hill still sucks on the road and an inconsistent player

Some games he's looked like an all star, in others he's looked like a scrub

Ditty
05-30-2013, 10:27 PM
Thanfully we have Kawhi Leonard :D

look_at_g_shred
05-30-2013, 10:34 PM
CIA Tony

capek
05-30-2013, 10:55 PM
So much fake outrage in this thread. Nothing faggier tbh

sexinthatsx
05-30-2013, 10:56 PM
A tweet out of context imo. Parker was probably just giving Hill pointers and pointed that out to the media. Instead of the media saying "Parker is giving hill tips on improving in the playoffs", they tweet "Parker is giving hill tips on beating the Heat". Typical media controversy starters.

ElNono
05-30-2013, 11:04 PM
lol heat R easy, jst stop evry1 Ls & lt lebron do Hs tng. teL stephenson 2 stop bn a dumb nig & shO ^ on d rd.. & U nEd 2 stop snd me pics of U n frnt of d mirror, thx

TDomination
05-30-2013, 11:19 PM
A tweet out of context imo. Parker was probably just giving Hill pointers and pointed that out to the media. Instead of the media saying "Parker is giving hill tips on improving in the playoffs", they tweet "Parker is giving hill tips on beating the Heat". Typical media controversy starters.

This

I want to see the actual quote of what he told that lady.

Did he say "yeah i was giving advice to George Hill on how to beat the heat" or did he say "i was giving george some on advice on how to play better on the road" which translated into giving him advice on how to beat the heat.

hyhy
05-31-2013, 05:09 AM
CIA Pop planned it. He told Parker to say that to get heat thinking that they found a way to beat them.

TheRealCB
05-31-2013, 05:22 AM
nothing wrong with him doing it in secret. But publicly admitting it opens the doors for fuel to the Champs(they don't want to face us, let's prove him wrong), ridicule from public, hate from Stern and his minions, and all around making Spurs look bad.

this is the same champs team that got offended when Voguel called them another team :lol

Worse case is Heat win next 2 and proceed to sweep the Spurs. And media reminds us of this story. :lmao Parker

Best case, this story goes away by the end of today.

You are one slow dude,aren't you?

King
05-31-2013, 08:59 AM
Are people really up in arms about this? Players in the NBA are friends with other players. They probably talk all the time, all season long, and do the same damn thing. This isn't news, this isn't a scandal, this isn't a big deal. People are ridiculous if you think this is newsworthy.

Besides, you think Tony has some secret tip to beat the Heat that the rest of the league hasn't figured out?

phxspurfan
05-31-2013, 11:01 AM
ESPN is now airing this, trying to get the Spurs in trouble lol

ace3g
05-31-2013, 01:52 PM
Here is more of that TP interview

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2013/05/31/tony-parker-interview.nba

DMC
05-31-2013, 02:44 PM
Yeah... no.

Nothing wrong with texting bball advice to Hill. It's not like Tony has this top secret formula. He's talking fundamentals, things he sees in the games Hill can exploit. Worked wonders last game obviously, Hill had a point.