PDA

View Full Version : NBA Investigating Heat vs. Pacers Game 4 Officiating

SpurPadre
05-30-2013, 03:53 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ken-berger/22321402/sources-nba-reviewing-fallout-from-game-4-calls

Yeah, because last year's Spurs vs. Thunder Game 6 was well-officiated...right. :lol

hater
05-30-2013, 03:58 PM
what's there to investigate?

it's fucking Joey Crawford

:lmao "investigate"

Dex
05-30-2013, 04:17 PM
They ain't gonna do a gottamn thing.

And Game 5 will probably be horribly officiated as well.

SA210
05-30-2013, 04:22 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ken-berger/22321402/sources-nba-reviewing-fallout-from-game-4-calls

Yeah, because last year's Spurs vs. Thunder Game 6 was well-officiated...right. :lol

:lol Exactly, Lebron is involved so it gets more attention

HI-FI
05-30-2013, 04:31 PM
:lol Exactly, Lebron is involved so it gets more attention
this.

last year's game 6 was a travesty, but the NBA wanted to pack its bags and move on from that shit as soon as possible. NBA probably pissed off at Lebron actually getting fouled out.

Brunodf
05-30-2013, 05:28 PM
what about Spurs vs OKC game 5 and 6
Spurs vs Grizzlies game 4, Memphis got every call

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-30-2013, 05:43 PM
That "shot clock violation" was one of the most blatantly wrong calls I've ever seen made in basketball.

crc21209
05-30-2013, 05:48 PM
:lol What a joke....

UZER
05-30-2013, 05:56 PM
This is typical stuff. When it happens to teams no one cares about, their fans are classified as conspiracy thoerist, etc., and everyone tells them to stop crying. But when It happens to a media cash cow, ESPN will run with the bad officiating angle for the next 48 hrs.

Kidd K
05-30-2013, 06:07 PM
Talk about a joke. Refs missed calls both ways, so I don't see what point there is to investigating since it didn't really favor anyone. LeBron also fouled out when the game was almost over, it barely effected the game unless you're some faith nut who thinks the Heat would've made their next two shots (including one three if not two), and definitely got two stops on the Pacers.

That's the only way the Heat would've won or sent it to OT. When you're down 5 and have less than a minute left, there's not exactly any margin for error anymore. LeBron is great, but he's not creating miracles when he has 5 fouls already. That's why he fouled out trying to trip someone to stop them.

Budkin
05-30-2013, 06:11 PM
That "shot clock violation" was one of the most blatantly wrong calls I've ever seen made in basketball.

I seriously could not believe that... you could see in real time that the ball hit the rim, yet 3 refs said no.

Chinook
05-30-2013, 06:12 PM
Coach Nick had a lot to say about the officiating in his breakdown of Game 4:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwv9frdMAKQ

I just hate when people are saying that Lebron's sixth foul shouldn't have been called because, "It's Lebron." Why should he be able to get away with a clear tripping violation?

SA210
05-30-2013, 06:55 PM
I just hate when people are saying that Lebron's sixth foul shouldn't have been called because, "It's Lebron."

This

siraulo23
05-30-2013, 07:07 PM

I just hate when people are saying that Lebron's sixth foul shouldn't have been called because, "It's Lebron." Why should he be able to get away with a clear tripping violation?

Absolutely hate when analysts of the game criticize the call because he's lebron and he's got a reputation for not fouling a lot. It just proves what's wrong the officiating, but IMO it was still a bad call not because he's lebron but because if they call those fouls consistently everyone who sets picks would foul out in the 1st quarter

SpurPadre
05-30-2013, 07:13 PM

Why don't they investigate Lebron's flop on Nazr Mohammed? He gave him a little shove and Lebron launched like 100 feet back that got Nazr tossed as a result. THAT should've been grounds for investigation.

DeadlyDynasty
05-30-2013, 07:18 PM
Christ almighty you people whine a lot.

kaji157
05-30-2013, 07:19 PM
They are just making a point that if a ref fouls out LeBron ever again they will be investigated.

gospursgojas
05-30-2013, 07:22 PM
NBA is sooo obvious. They don't even care about hiding it anymore.

Chinook
05-30-2013, 07:24 PM
Absolutely hate when analysts of the game criticize the call because he's lebron and he's got a reputation for not fouling a lot. It just proves what's wrong the officiating, but IMO it was still a bad call not because he's lebron but because if they call those fouls consistently everyone who sets picks would foul out in the 1st quarter

To me, it's not even about his reputation, but that people are saying he's too important to foul out. That's what's wrong with officiating in my eyes: Players should be treated equally. It's one thing to have star players, but no person is more important than another, and they should all beheld to the same standards.

I'd buy that being a usual screen if James hadn't stepped on Stevenson's foot. That's tripping, not an illegal screen. I don't think most screeners trip on their picks.

Chinook
05-30-2013, 07:26 PM
Christ almighty you people whine a lot.

If anything, I'm saying people should stop whining about the calls and looking for special treatment. People like Coach Nick really annoy me putting out an "analytic video" where the first few minutes are spent complaining about calls.

DeadlyDynasty
05-30-2013, 07:30 PM
Whatever it may be, have some fucking pride and act like a grown man. It's a damn shame, b/c most of these whiners have children who will take their cues from crybaby adults

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-30-2013, 07:31 PM
If people were to say that a star athlete is too important to foul out, that would be equivalent to saying that a politician is too important to be issued a ticket for going 30 miles over the speed limit.

Pardon me if I get too philosophical, but that sort of attitude goes against all the equality and fairness that America's supposed to be about.

timtonymanu
05-30-2013, 07:32 PM
:lol What DeadlyDynasty said.

I'm not surprised SpurPadre started this thread.

capek
05-30-2013, 07:37 PM
NBA Investigating Heat vs. Pacers Game 4 Officiating

plausible deniability tbh

SpurPadre
05-30-2013, 07:50 PM
:lol What DeadlyDynasty said.

I'm not surprised SpurPadre started this thread.

Whatever, bitch. I'm just putting the info out there.

Obstructed_View
05-30-2013, 07:50 PM
For those of you that didn't want to see Joey in the finals, you likely got your wish when he fouled Lebron out.

FromWayDowntown
05-30-2013, 08:47 PM
For those of you that didn't want to see Joey in the finals, you likely got your wish when he fouled Lebron out.

Yeah, and see I think just the opposite. In fact, I suspect that if this series goes 7, Joey will be the crew chief for that game. In fact, that's precisely what happened last year in the East Finals -- Joey had Game 4 in Boston and then had Game 7 in Miami.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-30-2013, 09:37 PM

Its already happening

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-30-2013, 09:39 PM
The Spurs may be America's last hope.

cjw
05-30-2013, 09:43 PM
Yeah, and see I think just the opposite. In fact, I suspect that if this series goes 7, Joey will be the crew chief for that game. In fact, that's precisely what happened last year in the East Finals -- Joey had Game 4 in Boston and then had Game 7 in Miami.

Hopefully Joey trips over a flopping Lebron and it knocks him out of the Finals.

spurs1990
05-30-2013, 09:45 PM
Which Spur is going to be the one to put Andersen in his place.....

Aron Baynes, please step forward.

mrjap2x
05-30-2013, 10:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaZTzt0EK5w
Joey Crawford needs to be hit like this.:downspin:

ShoogarBear
05-30-2013, 10:16 PM
They're investigating a game the Pacers won.

DieHardSpursFan1537
05-30-2013, 10:29 PM

Right on the money

TampaDude
05-30-2013, 10:59 PM
Another egregiously blown out of bounds call tonight...smfh...

SpurPadre
05-30-2013, 11:06 PM

Someone should set up a line of crack on the floor to distract him. Problem solved.

mabrignani
05-30-2013, 11:08 PM

stephen jackson....wait

Obstructed_View
05-31-2013, 07:05 AM

The league can pull a crew for having a bad game, and this was the worst by far in the playoffs. There's no logical way they give him game seven. That said, there's no logical way Birdman doesn't get suspended, and they probably won't suspend him.

Spur|n|Austin
05-31-2013, 07:09 AM
Someone should set up a line of crack on the floor to distract him. Problem solved.

A line of crack? Wait, what?

[jackie chan IMG here]

UZER
05-31-2013, 07:14 AM
The league will investigate game 5....oh wait, the heat won. Never mind.

UZER
05-31-2013, 07:20 AM
Will ESPN run hours of coverage about the bad calls in game 5?

That's why I think there is a conflict of interest so to speak (maybe hats not the right term) with Espn having the NBA rights. With it being a 24/7 sports news channel, they have too much influence.

YoMamaIsCallin
05-31-2013, 07:26 AM
Coach Nick had a lot to say about the officiating in his breakdown of Game 4.

Coach Nick is just pointing out the obvious truth that NBA refs don't foul out superstars on anything but a call that has to be made. So why did they do it then?

What's going to happen with this investigation is (a) there will be a public announcement that the 24 second violation was a bad call and (b) Joey Crawford will be disciplined yet again, internally. You won't see him ref another game in this playoffs.

YoMamaIsCallin
05-31-2013, 07:30 AM
If anything, I'm saying people should stop whining about the calls and looking for special treatment. People like Coach Nick really annoy me putting out an "analytic video" where the first few minutes are spent complaining about calls.

Why do you put quotes around "analytic video"? It WAS exactly that. He showed specific plays and pointed out specific bad and missed calls. I don't think the NBA officiating reviewers would disagree with any of what he said, although you'll never hear that publicly.

Chinook
05-31-2013, 08:52 AM
Why do you put quotes around "analytic video"? It WAS exactly that. He showed specific plays and pointed out specific bad and missed calls. I don't think the NBA officiating reviewers would disagree with any of what he said, although you'll never hear that publicly.

No. He has spent multiple videos talking about bad calls and not about strategy or match-ups. But, some of the calls he pointed out were wrong, or he at least had improper reasoning. Coach Nick didn't just think it was surprising that a superstar fouled out; he implied that a superstar should be allowed to commit fouls with impunity because they're too important to their teams. Not to mention that the title of the video definitely suggested the Heat only lost because of the refs.

I've been watching his videos for a long time. I used to love his analysis. But the quality of his takes is slipping badly recently. He still puts out good videos, but he also has too many crap parts in them now.

Obstructed_View
05-31-2013, 11:18 AM
Will ESPN run hours of coverage about the bad calls in game 5?

That's why I think there is a conflict of interest so to speak (maybe hats not the right term) with Espn having the NBA rights. With it being a 24/7 sports news channel, they have too much influence.

ESPN had no problem driving down the ratings of the 2007 NBA finals by doing story after story about how unappealing the matchup was beforehand and then how bad the ratings were during.

FromWayDowntown
06-01-2013, 10:15 PM
Having heard not even a rumor that anything came of this investigation, I'm still convinced that Joey Crawford and Scott Foster have Game 7 and that their 3rd is most likely to be one of: Ken Mauer, Derrick Stafford, or Mike Callahan (my inclination is to think it's Mauer).

Kidd K
06-01-2013, 10:26 PM
ESPN had no problem driving down the ratings of the 2007 NBA finals by doing story after story about how unappealing the matchup was beforehand and then how bad the ratings were during.

Did they air any Finals games that year? If not, that would explain it.

FromWayDowntown
06-01-2013, 10:27 PM
Did they air any Finals games that year? If not, that would explain it.

ABC did; Disney owns both ABC and ESPN.

Kidd K
06-01-2013, 10:28 PM
ABC did; Disney owns both ABC and ESPN.

It's weird that they'd do that then, totally killed their own profits.

Obstructed_View
06-02-2013, 03:05 AM
It's weird that they'd do that then, totally killed their own profits.

ESPN's journalistic integrity is beyond reproach tbh.

Kidd K
06-02-2013, 05:11 PM
ESPN's journalistic integrity is beyond reproach tbh.

:lmao

Aztecfan03
06-02-2013, 11:31 PM
If people were to say that a star athlete is too important to foul out, that would be equivalent to saying that a politician is too important to be issued a ticket for going 30 miles over the speed limit.

Pardon me if I get too philosophical, but that sort of attitude goes against all the equality and fairness that America's supposed to be about.

or the loads of other stuff politicians and celebrities get away with.

FromWayDowntown
06-03-2013, 08:21 AM
No Joey. Remarkable.

Game 7 officials:
Scott Foster
Mike Callahan
Ken Mauer

For what it's worth, the last time there was a Game 7 in the conference finals or Finals that didn't involve Joey Crawford was the 2002 West Finals (there have been 4 late round Game 7's since then (2005 DET @ MIA, 2005 DET @ SA, 2010 BOS @ LAL, 2012 BOS @ MIA) and Joey officiated all of them).

FromWayDowntown
06-03-2013, 08:32 AM
In the 2013 Playoffs, Indiana is 1-1 with Foster, 2-1 with Mauer, and 1-2 with Callahan. Indiana won Game 2 in Miami, which Foster called; it lost Game 3 at home against Miami, which Mauer and Callahan called.

Miami is 2-1 with Foster, 1-1 with Mauer, and 2-0 with Callahan in these playoffs.

polandprzem
06-03-2013, 09:10 AM
All of them are bad mofos !@

FromWayDowntown
06-03-2013, 09:56 AM
Home teams are 7-4 in Foster's games in the 2013 Playoffs, 6-5 in Mauer's games, and 8-2 in Callahan's games.