PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Will Dwyane Wade Ever Score 20 points in a single game again?

manufan10
05-30-2013, 10:10 PM
IMO I'd have to say no tbh. He's been riddled with injuries this season, and he couldn't even get close to scoring 20 for the few games that he came back for (until...surprise surprise!...another injury).

I think it's pretty obvious that he's going to retire after next season when his contract is up. The 3 year/$40 million contract was a lifetime achievement award contract, after all. There's no way the Heat F.O. will give him 2 lifetime achievement award contracts, and no other team in the league wants a TOSB. He's not a pure shooter like Steve Nash, and his passing abilities will be rendered useless once the league figures out that Wade's no longer a scoring threat, so he doesn't really have any skills that will allow him to stay in the league beyond the age of 35.

He can't explode at the rim with his "toothpick" ankles (lest he wants another stress fracture). His shot is pretty much gone after his hand surgery (you can tell by the way his free throws clanked off the rim to the left and right). If he plays any more than 15 minutes a game, he'll be too tired to make a 3 point shot, so that's pretty much gone. By Wade's own admission, this is without question LeBron James's team now, so even if you disagreed with everything so far, Wade won't be taking 15-20 shots per game because he's no longer the first option (or second option...or third option IMO).

Taking into account the fact that Wade will most likely have another season ending injury next year, and taking into account the fact that it takes him 3 or 4 months to warm up and get in a good rhythm (which he doesn't have this season), I think it's a safe bet to say he'll never score 20 again.

So what do you think spurstalk, will Dwyane Wade ever score 20 points again?

racm
05-30-2013, 10:12 PM
He makes Manu look healthy tbh.

That said I see what you did there OP

D-Wade
05-30-2013, 10:13 PM
Hoping this is reverse jinx for the next series...

hater
05-30-2013, 10:14 PM
against Manu he will tbh.

ElNono
05-30-2013, 10:40 PM
Pop will have Gary Neal guard him, and he'll go for 40pts in a quarter... you heard it here first...

AaronY
05-30-2013, 10:42 PM
All the time put into that post..Wow..

jimbo
05-30-2013, 11:17 PM
If ya'll don't get it, someone made a post upstairs with this question regarding Manu

DMC
05-31-2013, 12:39 AM
Pop will have Gary Neal guard him, and he'll go for 40pts in a quarter... you heard it here first...

Yeah but on the other end, Neal will shoot uncontested shots from near half court with 20 seconds still on the shot clock.

Rogue
05-31-2013, 12:51 AM
dude can still score 20pts in any given game if he wants. but like you said, it's lebron's team now and wade has generously accepted a minor role on this team. and i don't think his assists will be gone just because he's no longer as much an offensive threat as he once was. he & bron still have the chemistry between each other, bron will reward him with assists as long as he can still pass the ball

manufan10
05-31-2013, 10:18 AM
Hoping this is reverse jinx for the next series...

Now now, no need to be hostile :lol I can tell this is a tender subject for you. We all have to come to grips with the basketball mortality of our favorite players at some point.

I've done nothing more than talk about the :elephant in the room tbh. It's only natural to think that Dwyane Wade's in the twilight of his career (second to last season in the NBA? I'd say he's in the twilight of his career) isn't going to put up the same numbers that he did 5 years ago.

manufan10
05-31-2013, 10:20 AM
dude can still score 20pts in any given game if he wants. but like you said, it's lebron's team now and wade has generously accepted a minor role on this team. and i don't think his assists will be gone just because he's no longer as much an offensive threat as he once was. he & bron still have the chemistry between each other, bron will reward him with assists as long as he can still pass the ball

Alright man we'll see. I give you guys full permission to roast the shit out of me and bump this thread the day Wade scores 20 again.

I have a feeling it's going to be later, rather than sooner, though (possibly never tbh).

Arcadian
05-31-2013, 12:10 PM
:lol Nice

ffadicted
05-31-2013, 05:50 PM
:lol

manufan10
06-01-2013, 09:58 PM
Bump.

34 minutes 3/11 FG 10 points.

manufan10 was right about that Wade. :hat

fevertrees
06-03-2013, 09:54 PM
one point to go!

JingleJangleJingle
06-03-2013, 10:19 PM
21 points for Wade

manufan10
06-03-2013, 10:19 PM
:lol

manufan10
06-03-2013, 10:23 PM
He also scored 20 in an efficient 35 minutes. I have no problem giving that tired old shitbag props when he deserves it.

Although, it remains to be seen if Wade can pull off this magical feat again :lol. Will he continue to improve or will he regress with more injuries and more sub-20 games because he's out of rhythm after coming back from said injuries?

Only time will tell, and I will bump this thread with ferocity and gusto if he puts up any more TOSB-esque sub-20 games...:downspin:

D-Wade
06-03-2013, 11:16 PM
He also scored 20 in an efficient 35 minutes. I have no problem giving that tired old shitbag props when he deserves it.

Although, it remains to be seen if Wade can pull off this magical feat again :lol. Will he continue to improve or will he regress with more injuries and more sub-20 games because he's out of rhythm after coming back from said injuries?

Only time will tell, and I will bump this thread with ferocity and gusto if he puts up any more TOSB-esque sub-20 games...:downspin:

You're a good loser tbh. Props.

KoolAid Mans Brother
06-14-2013, 11:17 AM
No, clearly he will never surpass 20 points ever again.

BobaFett1
06-14-2013, 11:32 AM
Wade must been on some good meds last nite.

Uncle Drew
06-14-2013, 12:15 PM
Question should be will Manu ever be a factor in a NBA game again.