PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo!: Spurs Top 10 Role Players 1999 onward

Amuseddaysleeper
05-30-2013, 11:24 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/photos/spurs-top-ten-players-of-the-championship-era-slideshow/10fabriciooberto-photo--145076331.html

Not crazy about this list at all :wtf

Juggity
05-30-2013, 11:28 PM
Bonner as a top 10 role player? The fuck?

And I was expecting Robert Horry at number 1, but he's nowhere to be found. Avery Johnson should not sniff the top spot.

Fabbs
05-30-2013, 11:29 PM
Sports journalism qualifications:

Retard

Floyd Pacquiao
05-30-2013, 11:30 PM
wait a minute...matt bonner is ranked but big shot robbert motherfucking horry one of the most clutchest role player in the history of the nba isnt? what the fuck!

Amuseddaysleeper
05-30-2013, 11:32 PM
I also don't know that I would consider Bruce a "role player". I always looked at the 2000's Spurs as the Big 4 tbh

ginomvp
05-30-2013, 11:33 PM
Wheres horry? Wheres sean ******? Only ones that belong there in that list are the 2 jacksons, rose, bowen , and avery.

ginomvp
05-30-2013, 11:34 PM
Y is sean's name in * ?

mrjap2x
05-30-2013, 11:36 PM
No Robert Horry? Either Bruce Bowen should not included or should be #1
Bruce bowen>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Avery

The Reckoning
05-30-2013, 11:37 PM
1. bowen
2. bowen
3. horry

tbh

BG_Spurs_Fan
05-30-2013, 11:38 PM
This list is beyond retarded.

Knoxxx
05-30-2013, 11:39 PM
Bonner would have to start hitting 3s again to even warrant consideration for the list.

timtonymanu
05-30-2013, 11:40 PM
Matt Bonner doesn't belong anywhere near that Top 10.

And it's stupid how Horry and Barry aren't on that list.

This is how I would rank it:

1. Bowen
2. AJ
3. Horry
4. Rose
5. Elie
6. Stak
7. Barry
8. Kerr
9. Finley
10. Jaren Jackson

baseline bum
05-30-2013, 11:40 PM
OMFG, what a complete moron. The real list goes

1. Bruce Bowen
2. Robert Horry
3. Avery Johnson (not counting career from 89-98)
4. Malik Rose
5. Stephen Jackson
6. Kawhi Leonard
7. Sean Elliott (not counting career from 89-98)
8. Mario Elie
9. Brent Barry
10. Jaren Jackson

Spurminator
05-30-2013, 11:41 PM
I think they meant to call this list "10 randomly selected role players from the Spurs Championship Era."

The correct top ten list is as follows:

1. Bruce Bowen
2. Robert Horry
3. Sean Elliott
4. Stephen Jackson
5. Michael Finley
6. Avery Johnson
7. Brent Barry
8. Malik Rose
9. Jaren Jackson
T10. George Hill / Antonio Daniels

ginomvp
05-30-2013, 11:41 PM
Oh yeah and mario ellie

Danny.Zhu
05-30-2013, 11:42 PM
I also don't know that I would consider Bruce a "role player". I always looked at the 2000's Spurs as the Big 4 tbh

eyeh8u
Dwyer is almost always horrible

baseline bum
I think they meant to call this list "10 randomly selected role players from the Spurs Championship Era."

1. Bruce Bowen
2. Robert Horry
3. Sean Elliott
4. Stephen Jackson
5. Michael Finley
6. Avery Johnson
7. Brent Barry
8. Malik Rose
9. Jaren Jackson

No way I'm taking Finley over Leonard. I also think AJ was way more important than Sean from 99 onward; if we include before 99 then Sean is easily #1 on this list.

TheyCallMePro
05-30-2013, 11:43 PM
Except for Speedy Claxton, Malik Rose and Bruce Bowen, nobody else should make the top #10 on this list.

Nazr Muhammad? Seriously? Oberto!!!???

Oh and Avery Johnson was NOT a role player. He was the starting point guard and a star.

Here's my top 10

1) Bruce Bowen
2) Speedy Claxton (won us 2003 title)
3) Robert Horry
4) Steve Kerr
5) Brent Barry
6) Micheal Finley
7) Sean Elliott
8) Danny Ferry
9) Stephen Jackson
10) Malik Rose

timtonymanu
05-30-2013, 11:43 PM
Forgot to mention Sean Elliott. He would be #1-2. I flip flop between him and Bruce.

Spurminator
05-30-2013, 11:45 PM
No way I'm taking Finley over Leonard

I probably wouldn't either. I kind of stopped the list at about 2010. I do think Finley's contributions have been underrated. Frustrating as he could be at times, he was among the few Spurs shooters that hit a reliably high % of shots in the Playoffs.

FromWayDowntown
05-30-2013, 11:46 PM
If you're going to rank role players based on contributions to title teams, there's no way that Speedy Claxton can be ahead of Stephen Jackson for their relative contributions in 2003; Jack had a much, much greater role in making that title happen than Claxton did.

It's even more laughable that someone would argue that Claxton's contributions in 2003 were greater than Parker's; that Spurs team doesn't get out of the West if Tony Parker doesn't play absolutely gigantic games 3 & 4 in Dallas that year and Parker was great at times in other rounds at times when the Spurs needed it (Game 3 in Phoenix, Games 5 & 6 against LA, Game 3 at New Jersey (good, at least)). Long forgotten in the sands of time is the fact that Kerr's heroics in Game 6 at Dallas that year came about because Parker was ill and Claxton didn't play very well in his absence.

timtonymanu
05-30-2013, 11:48 PM
Except for Speedy Claxton, Malik Rose and Bruce Bowen, nobody else should make the top #10 on this list.

Oh and Avery Johnson was NOT a role player. He was the starting point guard and a star.

Here's my top 10

1) Bruce Bowen
3) Robert Horry
4) Steve Kerr
5) Brent Barry
6) Micheal Finley
7) Sean Elliott
8) Danny Ferry
9) Stephen Jackson
10) Malik Rose

Congratulations. You managed to make an even worse list than the article.

baseline bum
05-30-2013, 11:51 PM
I probably wouldn't either. I kind of stopped the list at about 2010. I do think Finley's contributions have been underrated. Frustrating as he could be at times, he was among the few Spurs shooters that hit a reliably high % of shots in the Playoffs.

I could maybe see Finley over Barry or JJ on my list, especially due to some of the games Fin had against Dallas in the 2006 WCSF. JJ just went absolutely nuts vs the Lakers and Knicks though in that 99 run. And then Barry was huge in those Suns' series and especially in that 08 Lakers series.

Floyd Pacquiao
05-30-2013, 11:56 PM
brent should be ranked imo he was basically our de facto backup point guard in the 05 finals because beno was being a pussie per par tbh he did some solid work for us

baseline bum
05-30-2013, 11:57 PM
If you're going to rank role players based on contributions to title teams, there's no way that Speedy Claxton can be ahead of Stephen Jackson for their relative contributions in 2003; Jack had a much, much greater role in making that title happen than Claxton did.

It's even more laughable that someone would argue that Claxton's contributions in 2003 were greater than Parker's; that Spurs team doesn't get out of the West if Tony Parker doesn't play absolutely gigantic games 3 & 4 in Dallas that year and Parker was great at times in other rounds at times when the Spurs needed it (Game 3 in Phoenix, Games 5 & 6 against LA, Game 3 at New Jersey (good, at least)). Long forgotten in the sands of time is the fact that Kerr's heroics in Game 6 at Dallas that year came about because Parker was ill and Claxton didn't play very well in his absence.

Oh my god, I thought you were just responding to some retarded GNSF and then I see Claxton’s contributions far outpaced that of starting guard Tony Parker during the 2003 playoffs in the article. I mean that may be the stupidest Spurs take I have ever read. LOL Claxton's one quarter being more important than Parker outplaying Kidd the first 3 games of the Finals.

baseline bum
05-30-2013, 11:58 PM
brent should be ranked imo he was basically our de facto backup point guard in the 05 finals because beno was being a pussie per par tbh he did some solid work for us

Yeah, he did a great job running the point when Parker was resting in the second half of game 7. No way they win that game without him.

Spurminator
05-31-2013, 12:04 AM
The Legend of Speedy Claxton is pretty ridiculous, especially when used at the expense of Tony Parker. Never has someone who achieved 5 ppg in the Playoffs been so overrated. But I guess he did shoot a whole 4% better than Parker.

baseline bum
05-31-2013, 12:11 AM
The Legend of Speedy Claxton is pretty ridiculous, especially when used at the expense of Tony Parker. Never has someone who achieved 5 ppg in the Playoffs been so overrated. But I guess he did shoot a whole 4% better than Parker.

Claxton had an awesome quarter, but god, people act like he was the one who won game 6 when in reality that run was due mostly to Duncan, Jackson, and Ginobili.

Sec24Row7
05-31-2013, 01:15 AM

Long forgotten is that Kerr's 3's mainly padded a lead and that Jackson's scoring is what brought us back.

Mal
05-31-2013, 01:37 AM
Bowen was the best role player. Prototype of role player.
And where is Big Shot Rob....

I was very young that time, hardly remember 99 championship, but I remember guy named Mario Elie who wasnt mentioned.

Avery Johnson wasnt role player, tbh.

Sean Cagney
05-31-2013, 01:54 AM
Matt Bonner doesn't belong anywhere near that Top 10.

And it's stupid how Horry and Barry aren't on that list.

This is how I would rank it:

1. Bowen
2. AJ
3. Horry
4. Rose
5. Elie
6. Stak
7. Barry
8. Kerr
9. Finley
10. Jaren Jackson

I was livid to not see Horry or Barry on the list! GET THE HELL outta here. That writer is a bozo.

Sean Cagney
05-31-2013, 01:57 AM

1. Bruce Bowen
2. Robert Horry
3. Sean Elliott
4. Stephen Jackson
5. Michael Finley
6. Avery Johnson
7. Brent Barry
8. Malik Rose
9. Jaren Jackson
Not bad until George Hill, he is not anywhere near that list as they won nothing with him. Daniels can slide out as well! He did better outside of SA. I would fit Kerr in there for one game over them! I know one game, but what an important game! He also hit a few in the Finals that year in game 5.

crc21209
05-31-2013, 01:59 AM

1. Bruce Bowen
2. Robert Horry
3. Sean Elliott
4. Stephen Jackson
5. Michael Finley
6. Avery Johnson
7. Brent Barry
8. Malik Rose
9. Jaren Jackson

This. Although I would put Mario Elie in there instead of Antonio Daniels...

I would go:

1. Bruce Bowen
2. Robert Horry
3. Sean Elliott
4. Stephen Jackson
5. Malik Rose
6. Avery Johnson
7. Brent Barry
8. Michael Finley
9. Jaren Jackson
10. Mario Elie

Sean Cagney
05-31-2013, 02:08 AM
This. Although I would put Mario Elie in there instead of Antonio Daniels...

I would go:

1. Bruce Bowen
2. Robert Horry
3. Sean Elliott
4. Stephen Jackson
5. Malik Rose
6. Avery Johnson
7. Brent Barry
8. Michael Finley
9. Jaren Jackson
10. Mario Elie

People forget Finleys huge effort in round one in 06 and his play against Dallas with his dunks and his threes! Then in 07 he made a ton of threes in the playoffs! Yet he is hated on alot! I never get that. I like your list.

Obstructed_View
05-31-2013, 06:41 AM
"Claxton’s contributions far outpaced that of starting guard Tony Parker during the 2003 playoffs"

...and the legend continues to grow. Never has a player gotten so much mileage from hitting three jump shots inside 20 feet.

Obstructed_View
05-31-2013, 06:48 AM
The Spurs don't win in '99 without Elie and Jaren. The Spurs don't win in 2003 without Kerr and Jack and Malik. The Spurs don't win in 2005 and 2007 without Horry. Well, maybe 2007; that run was relatively easy.

Obstructed_View
05-31-2013, 06:55 AM
Long forgotten is that Kerr's 3's mainly padded a lead and that Jackson's scoring is what brought us back.

Um, wrong. Manu hit the first three, Jack hit the second and third off Kerr's passing which put the Spurs down three, and Kerr hit the one to tie it, the one to take the lead, and the one to extend it to 8. He also made the biggest defensive play of the game and an incredible save inbounds.

Long forgotten is that Kerr was the backup point guard for quite a stretch during the season because Claxton was hurt.

SA210
05-31-2013, 07:43 AM
:lol Bonner
:lol no Horry

I also don't know if you call Bruce a "role player". Dude was our hidden MVP in a sense, part of a big four, imo.

Drachen
05-31-2013, 09:07 AM
Bonner as a top 10 role player? The fuck?

And I was expecting Robert Horry at number 1, but he's nowhere to be found. Avery Johnson should not sniff the top spot.

Bowen should be number one the big three was actually a big four, but yes, horry should be there too.

edit: I share sentiments with the others..... Bowen shouldn't be on the list due to being part of the big four, but if he is to be on the list, then move he deserves to be numbers 1, 1a, 1b, 2, 3, 6, 9 and 10.

Drachen
05-31-2013, 09:10 AM

Here's my top 10

1) Bruce Bowen
3) Robert Horry
4) Steve Kerr
5) Brent Barry
6) Micheal Finley
7) Sean Elliott
8) Danny Ferry
9) Stephen Jackson
10) Malik Rose

LOL Star!!!!

Tip your waitresses, Theycallmepo will be here all week

Drachen
05-31-2013, 09:21 AM
People forget Finleys huge effort in round one in 06 and his play against Dallas with his dunks and his threes! Then in 07 he made a ton of threes in the playoffs! Yet he is hated on alot! I never get that. I like your list.

wasn't there a still image of finley throwing down a monstrous dunk and you see cuban in the background with a pissed off look on his face?

DarrinS
05-31-2013, 09:40 AM
The Spurs don't win in '99 without Elie and Jaren. The Spurs don't win in 2003 without Kerr and Jack and Malik. The Spurs don't win in 2005 and 2007 without Horry. Well, maybe 2007; that run was relatively easy.

This

DarrinS
05-31-2013, 09:43 AM
Can starters be considered "role players"?

100%duncan
05-31-2013, 09:44 AM
No Horry? No Barry? And if you consider Bruce as a role player then he should be top 1. Heck, it was really the big 4 before.

PÒÓCH
05-31-2013, 09:48 AM
this list was obviously done by a casual non-spur fan

DarrinS
05-31-2013, 09:50 AM
No Horry? No Barry? And if you consider Bruce as a role player then he should be top 1. Heck, it was really the big 4 before.

True. The only Spurs with more playoff games than Bruce are Tim, Tony, and Manu.

100%duncan
05-31-2013, 09:58 AM
And Oberto shouldn't be on that list tbh no disrespect. That 07 run was very winnable without him IMHO.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-31-2013, 10:01 AM
I have no problem with tagging Bowen as a role player. It's nearly impossible to overstate his importance to those 2005 and 2007 teams, but you could transplant any of the Big 3 to any team in the league and make that team better just about 100% of the time. Meanwhile you could do the same with Bowen and he'd fit right in with some teams, while on others that either didn't emphasize D as much or couldn't afford a weak link in their scoring he might struggle to get many minutes. That's a role player in my book. Anyways, he tops the list by a real big margin.

milkyway21
05-31-2013, 10:03 AM
so where is Horry?

lil'mo
05-31-2013, 10:09 AM
And Oberto shouldn't be on that list tbh no disrespect. That 07 run was very winnable without him IMHO.

LOL underating Oberto :lol

I guess spurs could have won it all with a Duncan/Elson frot court then. We didn't need Oberto :lmao

idiots

Obstructed_View
05-31-2013, 11:23 AM
wasn't there a still image of finley throwing down a monstrous dunk and you see cuban in the background with a pissed off look on his face?

It was a great dunk, but didn't the Spurs lose that series?

Obstructed_View
05-31-2013, 11:25 AM
LOL underating Oberto :lol

I guess spurs could have won it all with a Duncan/Elson frot court then. We didn't need Oberto :lmao

idiots

Yes, the finals would have gone, who knows, as many as FIVE GAMES without Oberto.

Captivus
05-31-2013, 11:27 AM
The definition of role player is the problem here.

mando6599
05-31-2013, 11:32 AM
Umm, didn't we win against the Knicks in 5 games? Not 4. They make it seem we swept the Knicks and AJ hit the winning shot or something heroic like that.

Sec24Row7
05-31-2013, 11:38 AM
Um, wrong. Manu hit the first three, Jack hit the second and third off Kerr's passing which put the Spurs down three, and Kerr hit the one to tie it, the one to take the lead, and the one to extend it to 8. He also made the biggest defensive play of the game and an incredible save inbounds.

Long forgotten is that Kerr was the backup point guard for quite a stretch during the season because Claxton was hurt.

I see... how exactly was my statement wrong? 2 of Kerr's 3's came while we were down... vs 3 for Jack?

??

And in fact... jack had 5 3's in the game to Kerr's 4.. 3 in the run... to kerr's 4... and his willingness to pass semi open looks to feed Timmy in the post is what left Kerr wide open when Dallas was behind rotating...

If they hadn't been worried about Jackson and Duncan... Kerr wouldn't have been open.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO4caOwS6jI

Obstructed_View
05-31-2013, 11:47 AM
I see... how exactly was my statement wrong? 1 of Kerr's 3's came while we were down... vs 2 for Jack?

??

The "mainly padded a lead" line, which is intended to minimize how fucking instrumental he was to the Spurs winning that game, in addition to being completely and utterly ignorant, is also wrong. Kerr tied the game and broke the tie, then put a dagger in Dallas. One of three of his shots were when the team had a lead, so they could not be "mainly padding a lead", so you're wrong about that.

While heaping praise upon Jack, you also give him credit for starting the run, which a rookie named Ginobili did, so you're wrong about that too. It's pretty shameful to try to minimize what other players do in a big game, but it's fucking retarded to do it on a message board full of people who saw the game and likely have it on a DVD on their shelf.

I'd have taken you on if you'd attempted to minimize Jack's contribution as well. He was huge. He just wasn't alone.

Sec24Row7
05-31-2013, 11:53 AM
The "mainly padded a lead" line, which is intended to minimize how fucking instrumental he was to the Spurs winning that game, in addition to being completely and utterly ignorant, is also wrong. Kerr tied the game and broke the tie, then put a dagger in Dallas. One of three of his shots were when the team had a lead, so they could not be "mainly padding a lead", so you're wrong about that.

While heaping praise upon Jack, you also give him credit for starting the run, which a rookie named Ginobili did, so you're wrong about that too. It's pretty shameful to try to minimize what other players do in a big game, but it's fucking retarded to do it on a message board full of people who saw the game and likely have it on a DVD on their shelf.

I'd have taken you on if you'd attempted to minimize Jack's contribution as well. He was huge. He just wasn't alone.

My point is this douchebag...

If there is X amount of credit by spursfan to be given.

Kerr gets too much of X and Jack gets too little.

Read my edited post, cheap seats, because your memory isn't crystal either. Do you have a concrete column in front of your TV and computer too?

SnakeBoy
05-31-2013, 12:00 PM
Avery Johnson wasnt role player, tbh.

^This...If their number is hanging in the rafters they weren't just a role player.

thiste
05-31-2013, 12:09 PM
They forgot Mengke!!

Nah but seriously, how could they not mention Robert and Brent...

And as much as I like the Red Mamba, he has more often than not been a liability in the playoffs rather than an asset :(

Obstructed_View
05-31-2013, 12:15 PM
My point is this douchebag...

If there is X amount of credit by spursfan to be given.

Kerr gets too much of X and Jack gets too little.

Read my edited post, cheap seats, because your memory isn't crystal either. Do you have a concrete column in front of your TV and computer too?

:lol Kerr gets the credit he gets. If you're going to try to make ridiculous statements about what happened in a game we all saw, you might stick to opinions instead of math, because the latter's kind of easy to refute. Sorry you're mad about that, but I'm not the one making shit up. There's simply no way to spin what you said to make it right. Kerr didn't "mainly pad a lead", he tied the game and took the lead, then padded it. My memory of that game is fine, thanks.

And :lmao that you skip right over the over-praise of Speedy Claxton to whine about people giving too much credit to Steve Kerr.

What a fucking mouth-breather.

Sec24Row7
05-31-2013, 12:24 PM
Claxton?

Weren't you and I talking about 1 game?

You want to talk about the entire playoff run with Jack and Kerr then?

WTF are you talking about?

jdiggy0424
05-31-2013, 01:57 PM
Ah of course Kelly Dwyer wrote the article. No surprises on why it's retarded.

Sean Cagney
05-31-2013, 02:32 PM

Finley had three of them that series! I remember his dunk over Dampier still! I also remember the head butt dunk when he dunked it and slammed ball with his head. He had key threes as well in that series, he played his ass off for all the hate he gets now. Finley the first two years here was a fine piece, after that Pop overused his value and he got too old, period.
Ah of course Kelly Dwyer wrote the article. No surprises on why it's retarded.

I agree fully with this here.

100%duncan
05-31-2013, 07:06 PM
idiots
The same thing can be said with people overrating Oberto.

Idiot.

therealtruth
06-01-2013, 11:00 AM
Yeah, he did a great job running the point when Parker was resting in the second half of game 7. No way they win that game without him.

He was also the anti-Bonner. If it was a wide open shot and we really needed it he was going to knock the shot down.

therealtruth
06-01-2013, 11:02 AM

You don't remember the sequence at the end of game 4 of the Finals when he just outhustled the Cavs frontcourt and his ability to tip back rebounds? Or maybe the 14 points in scored of easy baskets in game's 1-2 of the WCF?

GaryJohnston
06-01-2013, 11:12 AM
Bowen easily over Avery. I wouldn't consider Sean ****** a role player. He was a contributor, he was more than a role player.

davidbowie
06-01-2013, 12:33 PM
just seeing the list makes me a little sad. we're the best team ever! go spurs go!

DMC
06-01-2013, 12:38 PM
Where's Roger Mason Jr?

DMC
06-01-2013, 12:39 PM
Y is sean's name in * ?

To teach nubiles like you how to spell his name correctly.

100%duncan
06-01-2013, 08:19 PM
You don't remember the sequence at the end of game 4 of the Finals when he just outhustled the Cavs frontcourt and his ability to tip back rebounds? Or maybe the 14 points in scored of easy baskets in game's 1-2 of the WCF?

Yeah, like we wouldn't have finished it in 5 :rolleyes

lil'mo
06-02-2013, 10:35 AM
Yes, the finals would have gone, who knows, as many as FIVE GAMES without Oberto.

The Spurs would have made it to the Finals without Oberto's contributions? :lmao

lil'mo
06-02-2013, 10:38 AM
The same thing can be said with people overrating Oberto.

Idiot.

Nobody is overrating him, only idiots like you and OV underating him

100%duncan
06-02-2013, 10:47 AM
Nobody is overrating him, only idiots like you and OV underating him

Putting him in the top 10 really?

Horry
Barry
Elie
Jaren Jackson
Stak
speedy
kerr
avery
finley
rose
mohammed
leonard
green
splitter
diaw

15. That's being generous for you, you little dumbfuck because I'm not going to consider as Elliott and Bowen roleplayers.

oh and :lol at doubting if the Spurs wouldve made it to the finals without oberto, if the spurs needed oberto to get to the finals then the spurs were fucked in the first place.

superjames1992
06-02-2013, 11:09 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/photos/spurs-top-ten-players-of-the-championship-era-slideshow/10fabriciooberto-photo--145076331.html

Not crazy about this list at all :wtf
WHERE IS BRENT BARRY??? What an AWFUL list.

timtonymanu
06-02-2013, 03:17 PM
Putting him in the top 10 really?

Horry
Barry
Elie
Jaren Jackson
Stak
speedy
kerr
avery
finley
rose
mohammed
leonard
green
splitter
diaw

15. That's being generous for you, you little dumbfuck because I'm not going to consider as Elliott and Bowen roleplayers.

oh and :lol at doubting if the Spurs wouldve made it to the finals without oberto, if the spurs needed oberto to get to the finals then the spurs were fucked in the first place.

I wouldn't put Oberto in the top 10, but I don't think his contributions should be underplayed. He was a valuable piece to that 07 roster, in the Jazz and Cavs series.

pikkiwoki
06-02-2013, 03:30 PM
Dwyer is almost always horrible

Dwyer = clutchfags hack tbh

Also those old Spurs jerseys looked sloppy as hell. The new ones with the V-neck and the smaller arm openings look so much nicer and form fitting.

Biggems
06-02-2013, 04:49 PM
IMO, Bruce was not a role player, he was our defensive stopper throughout the title years and a few years after. He was the 4th Muskateer. Also, Elliott and Avery were not role players.

1. Horry
2. Kerr
3. J. Jackson
4. S. Jackson
5. Barry
6. Rose
7. Finley
8. Green
9. Leonard
10. Bonner

Agloco
06-02-2013, 05:41 PM
Terrible list even if these aren't in any particular order.

Obstructed_View
06-03-2013, 06:28 AM
The Spurs would have made it to the Finals without Oberto's contributions? :lmao

Yes. He was a great Spur, and contributed to the title, but he's not in the top ten of Spurs role players. Sorry.

100%duncan
06-03-2013, 07:36 AM
I wouldn't put Oberto in the top 10, but I don't think his contributions should be underplayed. He was a valuable piece to that 07 roster, in the Jazz and Cavs series.

I didn't my original comment about Oberto was he shouldn't be in the top 10. that faggot lil'mo is quite sensitive bout that issue though