PDA

View Full Version : Clippers ESPN: Source: Chris Paul 'angry' with Clips

ace3g
05-30-2013, 11:47 PM
Chris Paul is upset with the Los Angeles Clippers organization because he is being widely blamed for the firing of Vinny Del Negro as the Clippers' coach, according to a source close to the situation.

How much of an impact this will have on Paul's decision to re-sign with the Clippers as a free agent is not clear, but the source conceded that Paul's anger could lead him to look elsewhere.

"He's angry right now and his anger is directed toward the Clippers organization," the source said. "Chris is a man of principle and if he feels like you've gone against his principles, it will affect how he feels about you. He's very agitated that his name has been put out there as the reason for Vinny's firing. He had nothing to do with it."

It has been widely assumed that Paul will re-sign with the Clippers this summer. He has often spoken as if it's a foregone conclusion.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/9327713/chris-paul-upset-los-angeles-clippers-factor-impending-free-agency

HI-FI
05-30-2013, 11:50 PM
and so it begins....:hat

Robz4000
05-30-2013, 11:54 PM
CP3 to the Heat tbh.

Clipper Nation
05-30-2013, 11:54 PM
If CP3's gonna start drama now after the organization has spent the last two years bending over backwards to keep him happy, I'd pack his bags for him, tbh....

irishock
05-30-2013, 11:56 PM
If CP3's gonna start drama now after the organization has spent the last two years bending over backwards to keep him happy, I'd pack his bags for him, tbh....

:lol rebuilding already

Durant82
05-30-2013, 11:56 PM
Why would he be angry? He should take pride in getting Vinnie fired. It's not like he pulled a D-Will and sent a coaching legend packing, he got a shitty coach fired which needed to happen.

Fabbs
05-30-2013, 11:57 PM
Will Chrissy get to the bottom of this?
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-NdcwklIyupY/UNt4HHUdu1I/AAAAAAAANsQ/m31N-tsbdrw/s1600/Chris+Paul+State+Farm.jpg

Durant82
05-30-2013, 11:57 PM
Will Chrissy get to the bottom of this?
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-NdcwklIyupY/UNt4HHUdu1I/AAAAAAAANsQ/m31N-tsbdrw/s1600/Chris+Paul+State+Farm.jpg
That's Cliff, dumbass.

DeadlyDynasty
05-30-2013, 11:59 PM
Do it, Mitch:cry

Clipper Nation
05-30-2013, 11:59 PM
Why would he be angry? He should take pride in getting Vinnie fired. It's not like he pulled a D-Will and sent a coaching legend packing, he got a shitty coach fired which needed to happen.

He apparently wants to make all the decisions and take none of the responsibility if this story is to be believed, tbh.... personally, I think this is typical ESPN sensationalizing, considering Broussard wrote it....

whitemamba
05-31-2013, 12:00 AM

Are dwight and paul friends?

baseline bum
05-31-2013, 12:01 AM

Truth. I applaud CP3 for forcing the Clippers to try to get a real coach, and I'd venture most Clippers fans would feel the same.

Clipper Nation
05-31-2013, 12:05 AM
What doesn't make sense is that Broussard claims CP3 wants nothing to do with the coaching decision, yet actually credible reporters have repeatedly said CP3 had a role in getting Vinny fired and have mentioned that the Clippers are looking at candidates who CP3 liked and respected.... the more I read the actual article, the more it looks like typical Broussard bullshit, imho....

I'm more worried that CP3 will try to force that moron Byron Scott into the coaching job than him actually leaving, tbh....

AaronY
05-31-2013, 12:07 AM
I couldn't agree more with this..VDN needed to go ASAP, they asked him his opinion on VDN's performance; what's he supposed to do? Lie and say he hopes to play the rest of his career for him..he's just mad that Sterling outed him to the media but he should understand that Sterling is a retard at this point it shouldn't shock him..what he should do when asked is just say "Yeah, I wanted VDN out. He sucks." But that'll never happen..

DUNCANownsKOBE
05-31-2013, 12:08 AM
Sterling fucked up here answering the interview questions the way he did. He decided to fire Vinny Del Mooncricket in order to keep Chris Paul, don't give an interview about how Vinny was :cry such a nice guy I hate to see leave :cry. He made his bed with Chris Paul and needs to sleep in it.

Thebesteva
05-31-2013, 12:09 AM

http://gifguppy.com/css/images/movies/angermanagement/nicholsonnod.gif

KaiRMD1
05-31-2013, 12:13 AM
CP3 and Dwight Howard have to be the leading bitches in the league right now.

Leon Black
05-31-2013, 12:22 AM

:lol listen to this faggot. I thought it was locked up that CP3 would be back??? ur boy Steve Kyler said so :lol

:lol Donald sterling
:lol CP3 bolting
:lol backdoored

thunderup
05-31-2013, 12:25 AM
:lol CP3 already bolting out of that loser franchise

DMC
05-31-2013, 12:26 AM

This, I'd tell that midget overrated fucking thug to hit the bricks.

baseline bum
05-31-2013, 12:26 AM
Sterling fucked up here answering the interview questions the way he did. He decided to fire Vinny Del Mooncricket in order to keep Chris Paul, don't give an interview about how Vinny was :cry such a nice guy I hate to see leave :cry. He made his bed with Chris Paul and needs to sleep in it.

LOL Sterling always finding a way to take the franchise into the shitter. ROFL if Paul ends up in Dallas because of yet another Sterling fuck-up.

DMC
05-31-2013, 12:28 AM

Yeah, entire team of coach killers.

lefty
05-31-2013, 12:30 AM
:lol lol angeles teams

Clipper Nation
05-31-2013, 12:43 AM

Telling the truth is a fuck-up? Not to mention, CP3 wasn't specifically blamed in that interview - he was blamed by reporters before that interview and by Vinny himself.... in fact, Sterling essentially said he'd do anything to keep his players happy, which is something CP3 should want to hear from the owner he could potentially be committing to for the next five years, especially considering Sterling's past reputation....

If CP3 actually thinks he can call all the shots and then not have to take any responsibility for his actions, he's delusional, and if he thinks that would be the case in any other city, he's even more delusional, tbh....

Rogue
05-31-2013, 01:04 AM
dude didn't cry for Vinny to get sacked so he ain't a coach killer like DH, but it's not totally reckless to say he was one of the reasons why his coach got sacked. the team was expected to be a top 3 in the west and their squad was healthier than both the other two when the playoffs began. someone has to take responsibility for this failure and if it is not Paul or monkeyball, it has to be their coach

LkrFan
05-31-2013, 01:44 AM

Changing your name to Heat Nati:loln in 5...4...3 :rollin :lmao :rollin

LkrFan
05-31-2013, 01:46 AM
http://gifguppy.com/css/images/movies/angermanagement/nicholsonnod.gif

It bears repeating... Det gif!! :lmao

SupremeGuy
05-31-2013, 01:47 AM
What a little coach-killing bitch. If you don't want to be labeled a coach-killer, don't kill your fucking coach, tbh.

LkrFan
05-31-2013, 01:47 AM
LOL Sterling always finding a way to take the franchise into the shitter. ROFL if Paul ends up walking down the hall because of yet another Sterling fuck-up.

FIFY S:loln

midnightpulp
05-31-2013, 01:48 AM

One can dream.

lefty
05-31-2013, 01:49 AM
At least friend killer doesnt kill coaches

LkrFan
05-31-2013, 01:51 AM
One can dream.

:cry He was ours... we were thisclose :cry

Thebesteva
05-31-2013, 02:04 AM
Meanwhile in Japan

http://www.damnlol.com/pics/268/d21c10ab380b47b9d8bbc28fdc5d4759.gif

baseline bum
05-31-2013, 02:08 AM

LOL Chris Paul taking the minimum to join the biggest failure in the history of American team sports.

HI-FI
05-31-2013, 02:10 AM
Changing your name to Heat Nati:loln in 5...4...3 :rollin :lmao :rollin

:lol

but for real, LA teams are hilarious. "fuck developing players or a culture, we just want the best star players and let them captain the Amistad."

Sean Cagney
05-31-2013, 02:12 AM
So it begins, he fakes the fight like the movie can't buy me love with the girl he was with and then they break up! Then he moves on! Seems scripted from this here to me! Like he wants out and now has somewhat of a reason to say f them and bitch about it and so on! Now he will leave given the narrowest excuse. Now it is justified, he can leave!

AaronY
05-31-2013, 02:24 AM
VDN is like the BB equivalent of General George Armstrong Custer..he needed killing tbh..Paul did the humane thing and I'm proud of him for it..if only one of Custer's troops had had Paul's courage and shot Custer in the back of the head they would have all been able to make it back home to their families..Paul stepped up for the good of the team, the org. Etc he's really a hero tbqh

mudyez
05-31-2013, 03:37 AM
I'd love to see CP3 and D12 in Atlanta next season.
I know its a long shot, but they have the cap room to make it work and for D12 it might be the best situation (better than Houston).

I'm still waiting for a (Grantland) piece about their careers. Aside from them having first names for lastnames and beeing called the best at their position, they are totally different, because one is too competetive and the other is...well....D12.

Bud would love it! :)

UZER
05-31-2013, 07:08 AM
ESPN manipulating per par.

Pelicans78
05-31-2013, 07:13 AM

Their owner shouldn't have implied that he was the reason they fired Del Negro. Basically Sterling threw him under the bus when he didn't have to.

But yeah, CP3 needs to shut up.

Pelicans78
05-31-2013, 07:16 AM

Exactly. This is all on Sterling who threw CP3 under the bus.

Pelicans78
05-31-2013, 07:19 AM
Telling the truth is a fuck-up? Not to mention, CP3 wasn't specifically blamed in that interview - he was blamed by reporters before that interview and by Vinny himself.... in fact, Sterling essentially said he'd do anything to keep his players happy, which is something CP3 should want to hear from the owner he could potentially be committing to for the next five years, especially considering Sterling's past reputation....

If CP3 actually thinks he can call all the shots and then not have to take any responsibility for his actions, he's delusional, and if he thinks that would be the case in any other city, he's even more delusional, tbh....

Yes it is a fuck up. Don't fire a coach to keep your star player then throw the star player under the bus saying you actually liked the previous coach and didn't want him gone. Basically Sterling was happy keeping a shitty coach and the only reason he fired him was to keep CP3. What he should have said was the team needed to go in a new direction to reach their goals of winning a championship, etc....

Just admit your team has a shitty owner because its true.

UZER
05-31-2013, 07:28 AM
Yes it is a fuck up. Don't fire a coach to keep your star player then throw the star player under the bus saying you actually liked the previous coach and didn't want him gone. Basically Sterling was happy keeping a shitty coach and the only reason he fired him was to keep CP3. What he should have said was the team needed to go in a new direction to reach their goals of winning a championship, etc....

maybe cp3 IS being a whiny little bitch behind the scenes and making demands. Maybe this was sterlings way off saying ok you wanna play that game and be bitch about everything, well here you go. Defend yourself from that.

Pelicans78
05-31-2013, 07:37 AM
maybe cp3 IS being a whiny little bitch behind the scenes and making demands. Maybe this was sterlings way off saying ok you wanna play that game and be bitch about everything, well here you go. Defend yourself from that.

Of course he's being a whiny bitch about because CP3 has always been a whiny bitch. He did the same thing in NOLA all the time trying to make demands. But if Sterling wanted to badly keep him and even fired a coach he liked because of him, then he shouldn't throw him under the bus.

100%duncan
05-31-2013, 07:43 AM

Truth bombs.

UZER
05-31-2013, 07:49 AM
Of course he's being a whiny bitch about because CP3 has always been a whiny bitch. He did the same thing in NOLA all the time trying to make demands. But if Sterling wanted to badly keep him and even fired a coach he liked because of him, then he shouldn't throw him under the bus.

Cant say I disagree, but sometimes you just say enough is enough cut your losses.

Pelicans78
05-31-2013, 08:32 AM
Cant say I disagree, but sometimes you just say enough is enough cut your losses.

Your right. CP3 is a franchise player in the regular season, but not in the playoffs.

StrengthAndHonor
05-31-2013, 08:59 AM
This is pretty basic. If Chris wanted VDN back, he will be back as HC. Chris can spin this all he wants but we all know he had a hand on this. That said, fucking Sterling couldn't keep his mouth shut. You wait till the dude signs his contract then you can open your mouth :sleep but I don't expect better from Sterling who clearly doesn't put pride in owning the franchise. He has crippled us for decades and I expect this quality of basketball as a fan since Lamond Murray was groomed to be our supposed savior :lol

Our draft history has been horrible, in 19 years, we've been in the lottery 16 times and we finally lucked out in Griffin who is now not guaranteed to stay if Paul leaves. After Brand, it took us a while to be relevant again and then we miraculously landed a Top 5 player. We were on our way to progress winning our first Division title, longest winning streak and our first 50 win season and then Sterling had to screw it all up over Vinny fucking Del Negro? Is this real life?:lol

weebo
05-31-2013, 09:08 AM
Who gives a flying fuck...both chris and clifford paul are overrated.

urunobili
05-31-2013, 09:09 AM
He always wanted to play with Kirby...

DUNCANownsKOBE
05-31-2013, 09:14 AM

In this case, yes, it's a fuck-up. Vinny was a terrible coach, all Sterling needed to do was say, "We chose to move in a different direction" and no one would have questioned him for it. There was absolutely no reason to be so blunt about what happened, the problem is Sterling falls in love with shit coaches. He kept Dunleavy way too long, and he convinced himself Del Mooncricket was a great coach in the making and he didn't want to be responsible for him being fired. It served no purpose to be as forthcoming as Sterling was in that interview, the entire NBA world thought firing him was a no-brainer move.

Clipper Nation
05-31-2013, 09:59 AM

He IS a shitty owner, can't wait 'til he finally gets the fuck away from the franchise.... that being said, the interview is being blown out of proportion, imho....

clambake
05-31-2013, 10:42 AM
anyone who thought a guy from mexico would be a successful nba coach just doesn't understand the game.

Killakobe81
05-31-2013, 10:46 AM
He IS a shitty owner, can't wait 'til he finally gets the fuck away from the franchise.... that being said, the interview is being blown out of proportion, imho....

Probably but:
Mike & Mike discussed it this morning ... (their football stuff is good they sound like a lower tier forum poster on the NBA though)
DFW media is pitching it as signs that Paul may join Dirk
NY media wondering if a trade is possible ...

Bottomline Sterling messed up like DOK said ...maybe it wont matter in the long run. But dumb move by DS.

DUNCANownsKOBE
05-31-2013, 10:51 AM

Yeah that's what the media/people do, sensationalize stuff and blow it out of proportion. That's why you air on the side of caution and give the same recycled cliche "We decided to move in another direction and wish Vinny the best of luck" answer so there's no way the media/people can spin it.

CP3 is undoubtedly being a bitch about this, there's no disputing that, but star players getting a coach fired without taking responsibility for it is the norm in the NBA now. As Sterling said, it's a player's league. Star players expect to be able to call the shots without being held accountable for it. We all know Kobe had something to do with Mike Brown getting fired, Melo was a big reason D'antoni got canned, Dirk is a big reason Avery Johnson was fired in '08, Nash led a mutiny to get Porter fired in 09, etc., and none of their owners were as forthcoming about it to the media as Sterling was here (with the exception of maybe Sarver but that didn't matter since Nash is one of the media's most protected players). Sterling is just totally clueless as to how this kind of stuff works.

Killakobe81
05-31-2013, 10:56 AM
Yeah that's what the media/people do, sensationalize stuff and blow it out of proportion. That's why you air on the side of caution and give the same recycled cliche "We decided to move in another direction and wish Vinny the best of luck" answer so there's no way the media/people can spin it.

CP3 is undoubtedly being a bitch about this, there's no disputing that, but star players getting a coach fired without taking responsibility for it is the norm in the NBA now. As Sterling said, it's a player's league. Star players expect to be able to call the shots without being held accountable for it. We all know Kobe had something to do with Mike Brown getting fired, Melo was a big reason D'antoni got canned, Dirk is a big reason Avery Johnson was fired in '08, Nash led a mutiny to get Porter fired in 09, etc., and none of their owners were as forthcoming about it to the media as Sterling was here (with the exception of maybe Sarver but that didn't matter since Nash is one of the media's most protected players). Sterling is just totally clueless as to how this kind of stuff works.

Dude is a master at slumlordin' not NBA ownership ...
I dont care how muchteh culture changes and I feel bad for their fans but I would not steer my sons to a Clips franchise IfI had a choice ...maybe after DS is goneI would feel different.

Clipper Nation
05-31-2013, 11:43 AM
Btw, how pissed off could CP3 really be when he tweeted a picture of himself in a Clippers hat three days after DTS' interview?

The Reckoning
05-31-2013, 12:15 PM
:lol

but for real, LA teams are hilarious. "fuck developing players or a culture, we just want the best star players and let them captain the Amistad."

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdrmz5AfRw1ryu3g1o1_400.gif

Leon Black
05-31-2013, 01:27 PM
Btw, how pissed off could CP3 really be when he tweeted a picture of himself in a Clippers hat three days after DTS' interview?

:lol Fishing for reasons that Paul is staying
:lol faggot

Findog
05-31-2013, 02:25 PM
Of course this bitch got his coach fired. And of course the Clippers did it to give themselves the best shot at retaining him.

Michael Jordan.
05-31-2013, 02:42 PM
:lol Fishing for reasons that Paul is staying
:lol faggot

Enjoy Jerryd. Bayless and Jarret Jack you cocksucka :lol

AaronY
05-31-2013, 02:56 PM
Finding is a big VDN fan apparently..what was your favorite part of the VDN era, Fin?..was it playing 12 guys in an elimination game or was it the "roll the ball out there and let em figger it out" offense?..

Leon Black
05-31-2013, 04:14 PM
Enjoy Jerryd. Bayless and Jarret Jack you cocksucka :lol

D. Rose coming back homeboy. Chi- Town bout to take the league by storm bitch nigga

The Batman
05-16-2014, 06:57 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-kUXK6azldF0/UE5YveZFI7I/AAAAAAAACy8/xBXs1gccHFA/s1600/crazy-laughter.jpg