PDA

View Full Version : Bonner vs Bosh

BillMc
05-31-2013, 01:37 AM
Predictions?

Who will hit more 3's per game in the finals?

Who will shoot a better percentage from 3?

Who helps his team more relative to expectations?

Who will be more maligned by his team's fan base if they lose?

jon123spurs
05-31-2013, 01:46 AM
More like Bonner vs. Birdman tbh. Now that would be a must see matchup.

spurs1990
05-31-2013, 01:54 AM
I hope it will be Boris vs Bosh and Bonner vs Battier tbh

SA210
05-31-2013, 12:09 PM
Bosh suddenly becomes an all star again?

wildcardX
05-31-2013, 03:02 PM
The Red Mamba/Red Rocket vs The Raptor and the Birdman. This has the makings of a Godzilla movie!!..................ok maybe not.

playblair
05-31-2013, 03:07 PM
I hope it will be Boris vs Bosh and Bonner vs Battier tbh

battier vs bonner = battier open 3's ................

BatManu20
05-31-2013, 03:18 PM
if Bonner gets a lot of PT you might as well give Miami the title.

Brunodf
05-31-2013, 03:40 PM
This series is not for Bonner

KaiRMD1
05-31-2013, 03:50 PM
Bonner will fuck birdman up.

This. Birdman has been proven to be a fake tough guy.......and can't handle anybody over 15 years old

Sean Cagney
05-31-2013, 03:57 PM
if Bonner gets a lot of PT you might as well give Miami the title.

This series is not for Bonner

I have to agree, Pop saw this vs GSW really fast and he got yanked pretty much for that series. He did well vs LA and Memphis, bigger slower type teams. Miami will have a filed day with him out there. Diaw and Splitter please!

Kidd K
05-31-2013, 06:16 PM
That actually is a really good question OP. Both players get tons of shit if their teams lose, even if they are barely to blame for said losses at all.

I think in the end, Bosh will end up hitting more threes (his range is actually a significant issue, but everything else about his game isn't a big deal considering Duncan can lock the rest down), but Bonner will shoot a higher percentage than Bosh on his three point attempts.

I think Bosh will actually end up being a pretty big factor in Miami's wins since D. Wade isn't 100% right now. Bosh is pretty much their 2nd best player at this point, not Wade. Now, relative to expectations. . .that depends on whether fans assume Bosh will have to be huge now because of Wade, or if they just expect what he usually does. I think he will perform a little bit above his usual level, but will not be a megapower in the series. So I could go either way there.

Bonner has basically nothing expected of him but to play 8-10 minutes a game and maybe hit a three pointer or two.

Bosh will be blamed more if his team loses, even though the real fault should be with D. Wade for not developing a skillset that works without being super athletic. I said this years ago, but when D. Wade declines, it will be a HARD decline, not a gradual one. I also had LeBron and his Heat whiffing on a title specifically because of Wade's health. Both predictions look to be potentially occurring this season. Spurs might end up really lucky if Wade can't recorrect that and soon.

nkdlunch
06-02-2013, 02:30 AM
I think Bonner is too slow for the Heat

He might be useful in some parts. but I think Bonner will be mostly bench warmer