PDA

View Full Version : Heat weaknesses

DespЏrado
05-31-2013, 05:41 AM
This is my poor imitation of a Timvp post. Hope it brings half the goods he manages to bring. Let's breakdown the Heat as we've seen them play this week, while we languish in no man's land waiting for the next round.

Watching the basketball breakdown videos are always a great way to get clued in on where the Heat can be beaten.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwv9frdMAKQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

In that we see a horrid Heat offense that would be evicerated by the Spurs. A lot of that looks like the Heat players are doing what they want while the coach just tags along. Their lack of off the ball movement and their disappearing three point shooting is a glaring hole right now.

Big questions?
Will their three point shooters get back on track? Two former Spurs killers are seemingly in a huge slump right now. Battier and Ray Allen have never looked this bad. I actually think that this is going to be the reason we could beat the heat. Like the grizzlies a lack of shooting destroys spacing and it can kill any team, even one with LeBron on it. If they don't hit their shots then Spurs can pack the paint and swarm the Heat to death.

Will Bosh and Wade play back to form?
LeBron stated after game 5 about the lack of help:
“I kind of just went back to my Cleveland days…"
Bosh has always been kind of a third wheel and content to take a back seat with timidity, disappearing for games at a time. The Spurs look like they can really contain Bosh right now with any number of defenders. And 2 rebounds is just uninspired and disinterested out of any "center."

Wade had been really hampered by his knee making his contribution to the big three a huge question mark. My prediction is that the Spurs can't depend on him continuing to play this bad. He's going to get a few days rest and should be able to will himself to a few good games. If the Spurs can keep that limited to just a game or two I like our chances.

Role players -
While Birdman had been playing like a wildman it seems mainly like his opportunities are coming primarily from lapses in the rotations and not blocking out. I think the spurs have the mindset to lock in on guys like birdman and shut that crap down. Spurs lose sight of him and things could go south really quickly.

Cole, Chalmers and Haslem could also contribute some damage so keeping them in check is a good idea.

The Heat's defense looks porous at best right now. With Wade hobbled and a lack of an interior shot blocker; Manu, Tony, Green, and Kawhi look like they could be the perfect combination to carve the Heat a new one. I honestly think the Pacers are a thousand times less precise and organized on offense than the Spurs can be. That should mean Parker and Manu are going to go crazy on the Heat. I know LeBron can guard Tony. But having him struggle through screens all day just seems like a good way to destroy the mvp's legs. I just don't see how the Heat are prepared to stop the Tony Parker express. It seems like this could be the weakest team ever to attempt to stop his kind of frenetic offense. Manu could see some vintage moments himself with that porous a defense. Can anyone name a team with less interior presence than the Heat, that Tony hasn't completely destroyed? Bogut was a nightmare compared to what the Heat have to offer in the middle.

What looks scary:
LeBron looks unstoppable as usual. If Pop is consistent about one thing it is throwing so many different looks at superstars that they second guess what's coming. Hopefully a lot of teamwork and perfect help defense can contain the mvp. I'm hoping Kawhi, Diaw, and Manu do an admirable job in at least frustrating the King.

Worst case: The heat in 4. We can't stop Lebron in a third quarter. Bosh makes more threes than Manu and Danny green combined. Wade gets a new set of wheels. Parker shuts himself down playing too much hero ball. And Bonner makes Lebron a sandwich instead of guarding anyone.

DespЏrado
05-31-2013, 06:33 AM
more gristle for the fire

By Adrian Wojnarowski | Yahoo! Sports

Where was the easy path now? Where was the mirroring greatness of Dwyane Wade, the spectacular, sleek Chris Wsh? For the purposes of these Eastern Conference finals, there's no more Big Three. There's LeBron James and a roster of players. The Heat go as far as James brings them, and that could still be a championship.

Wade's body is battered, beaten and becoming an albatross on James' championship chase. Bosh is shrinking to the physical challenge, his might and skill failing the Heat and turning him downright useless in these Eastern Conference finals.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--lebron-james-lifts-heat-to-brink-of-nba-finals--miami-s-big-three-now-the-great-one-071055630.html

dunkman
05-31-2013, 06:53 AM
Their defense is good, they made adjustments from one game to another, LeBron can't be stopped and is also good passing the ball. The Heat are definitely favorites.

exstatic
05-31-2013, 07:48 AM
By Adrian Wojnarowski | Yahoo! Sports

Where was the easy path now? Where was the mirroring greatness of Dwyane Wade, the spectacular, sleek Chris Wsh? For the purposes of these Eastern Conference finals, there's no more Big Three. There's LeBron James and a roster of players. The Heat go as far as James brings them, and that could still be a championship.

Wade's body is battered, beaten and becoming an albatross on James' championship chase. Bosh is shrinking to the physical challenge, his might and skill failing the Heat and turning him downright useless in these Eastern Conference finals.

Seems kind of like that 2007 Cavs team.

SouthernFried
05-31-2013, 08:07 AM
After watching these 2 teams play in the Eastern Conference Finals...I've come to one conclusion.

Both their coaches suck.

Honestly, I don't care which one we play. I think Indiana actually has more weapons, but the coach has no clue how to use them. If LeBron goes off, Miami has a good chance. If he doesn't...they don't. And that's not coaching.

Spurs can beat either of these teams.

tmtcsc
05-31-2013, 08:24 AM
Their looks are a major weakness. Have you seen a group of uglier players in your life? It's a wonder Popeye Jones never suited up for them. Maybe he's one of their assistant coaches. Another weakness is their inability to keep their mouthpieces in their mouth. It's a disgusting fad and an annoying one to watch. Thank goodness our guys don't have those things flopping around in their mouths like pacifiers.

Can't wait for us to beat them.

spursparker9
05-31-2013, 08:39 AM
Miami has quite a few Spurs killers like Battier, Chalmers, Bosh and Allen.

Hopefully they continue their slump and Bosh keep playing like he is 6'4 instead of 6'10.

TampaDude
05-31-2013, 08:44 AM
Seems kind of like that 2007 Cavs team.

You mean the one we swept in the Finals? :hat

Drachen
05-31-2013, 09:03 AM
After watching these 2 teams play in the Eastern Conference Finals...I've come to one conclusion.

Both their coaches suck.

Honestly, I don't care which one we play. I think Indiana actually has more weapons, but the coach has no clue how to use them. If LeBron goes off, Miami has a good chance. If he doesn't...they don't. And that's not coaching.

And we don't have a Lance Stevenson to give him motivation.

(PLEASE KEEP MCGRADY'S MOUTH SHUT IF WE GO UP 3-1)

Darkwaters
05-31-2013, 09:12 AM

Both their coaches suck.

We're definitely spoiled with Popovich. I usually feel confident in his ability to coach circles around other guys, and Erik Spoelstra is no exception that rule.

As much acclaim as we give to Timmy, Tony and Manu - Popovich's worth cannot be overstated.

MR-Clutch
05-31-2013, 09:18 AM
I have a feeling that those bastards Allen and Battier are going to find their 3pt shots against the Spurs. Along with Jarret Jack, they're both part of the Spurs killer club.

Poolboy5623
05-31-2013, 09:19 AM
Their looks are a major weakness. Have you seen a group of uglier players in your life? It's a wonder Popeye Jones never suited up for them. Maybe he's one of their assistant coaches. Another weakness is their inability to keep their mouthpieces in their mouth. It's a disgusting fad and an annoying one to watch. Thank goodness our guys don't have those things flopping around in their mouths like pacifiers.

Can't wait for us to beat them.

My goodness. I thought I was the only one who noticed the mouth guard thing...it's disgusting on more than one level.

Killakobe81
05-31-2013, 10:34 AM
Since I am no Spurs homer (but a Duncan and Lebron admirer) let me give you some honest analysis on Heat weakness:

1. Wade is injured and although I do also expect him to "breakout" at least one game in the eCF and in the NBA finals he is a wounded animal and the Heat lack a reliable #2 option on offense while the Spurs have two (Parker and Timmy). Spurs should exploit Wade on defense with Manu and lock him down ...right now his baseline drive and middle spin move is all he has working his floater and bank-shot are boken.

2. Rebounding. From what I see Pop favors getting back in transition rather than all out board crashing. And against a team like the Heat that is smart but Spurs can exploit that as a Heat weakness as well. Duncan doesnt rebound like his young days ... but with a ring soooo close I expect duncan and Manu (underrated rebounder for his size) to step that up ...

3. Heat are not shooting well. And I (along with everyone else) expect them to "breakout" but I would not compromise the integrity of my defense (protecting the rim/paint) to hard close on shooters who have been missing open shots. Spurs should still "show"and close out but do so smartly and Lebron, Bosh and Chalmers are the only good 3 shooters on their team right now. Ray, Wade and Battier would have to prove they are over their slump for at least a half of solid shooting.

4. The heat's offense is completely Lebron drive and dish dependent ... he is an amazing player and athlete. An all time great player and GOAT hoops athlete. But he is still one man and to Limit him you must stop penetration and then close out effectively and smartly. dont foul shooters and make sure you rebound any misses.

5. HEat have a great swarming defense but a great passing team like the sPurs (much like the 2011) Mavs can find soft spots ESPECIALLY if they are hitting 3's and have players than can take advantage of their traps and hard closeouts. Manu and Tony can both thrive against that type of trapping and switching but KL and Green will need to attack off the bounce as well.

I thought from day one this was Miami Repeat. I like Lebron (not the Heat) so I have no dog in this fight and hope we get a great 7 game series. IF i were betting I would bet on Lebron because he is the best player in his prime who has help ...but that help is underperforming but could still breakout. He is just so good I just cant picture him losing but if anyone could figure it out it's Pop who is a all-time top 3 coach in my book.

Darius McCrary
05-31-2013, 10:43 AM
Is wade really hurt? Any true Heat watchers comment?

Poolboy5623
05-31-2013, 10:47 AM
Is wade really hurt? Any true Heat watchers comment?

I'm not a heat watcher, but I have been paying attention...and he does not look good. Something isn't right with him.

Killakobe81
05-31-2013, 10:51 AM
I'm not a heat watcher, but I have been paying attention...and he does not look good. Something isn't right with him.

Not a Heat watcher but Mike Wallace (ESPN HEAT INDEX) says Wade told him he wont be close to 100% at all this post-season. And that it takes considerable "work" to get him "loose" to play at the level he is now. (said this on ESPN pre-game radio show before Game 5). I think Wade has lost a step or two but imjury makes it seem like a 3 or 4 steps tbh ...

moisaenz
05-31-2013, 10:58 AM
I have a feeling that those bastards Allen and Battier are going to find their 3pt shots against the Spurs. Along with Jarret Jack, they're both part of the Spurs killer club.

Jack was contained, Battier will be contained...Allen is in a slump and a defensive liability.

Poolboy5623
05-31-2013, 12:00 PM
Jack was contained, Battier will be contained...Allen is in a slump and a defensive liability.

Jack was contained? Really?

Mr. Body
05-31-2013, 12:51 PM
They have a superb on-ball perimeter defense, and their pic-n-roll defense is the best in the league. True, they feast on George Hill's lack of handles and Augustine's small size and crappiness, but those are big concerns. Dribble penetration and off-the-ball movement will be big.

tesseractive
05-31-2013, 01:18 PM
Help me remember: when was Ray Allen a Spurs killer? My main Ray Allen memory is of Bruce Bowen kicking his ass so badly he had to go crying to the press about how unfair it was.

T Park
05-31-2013, 02:09 PM
They have a superb on-ball perimeter defense, and their pic-n-roll defense is the best in the league. True, they feast on George Hill's lack of handles and Augustine's small size and crappiness, but those are big concerns. Dribble penetration and off-the-ball movement will be big.

So two things the Spurs do well at....

polandprzem
05-31-2013, 02:17 PM
So two things the Spurs do well at....

Because Miami is good at pressuring ball and kill p&r's, trap opponents and close passing lanes they do have big advantage vs the spurs.

Of course they still needs to break a sweat :)

Knoxxx
05-31-2013, 02:46 PM
I think we can carve them up inside, but need to draw James way out of the paint to do so. He is a great help defender and coming from behind to block or bother shots. Otherwise I think we can score at will inside against Miami with TP and our superior size.

sexinthatsx
05-31-2013, 03:04 PM
Just D up everybody on the court except for Lebron. The guy won't be able to play good D and score 80 points for the team by himself

Chinook
05-31-2013, 03:37 PM
The Heat's defense reminds me of Rex Ryan's front seven from his Ravens days. His scheme relied on heavy blitzing and versatile players flying to the ball and confusing offenses. The Heat's defense is very much based on having mobile players who can defend multiple positions, and stressing the ball-handler before the offense can get established. Both defenses are susceptible to smart passing and anticipation. The Heat, like the old Ravens, have the speed to recover a lot of the time, but over the course of a game, they'll get tired from all the running. Parker pushing the pace and moving the ball constantly should help get the Heat gassed.

Also of note, the Spurs have defenders who can guard all three of the Heat's best players in their starting lineup, whereas the Heat have no one to guard Parker or Duncan. If Parker plays his game, Chalmers can't stay with him, and Bosh/Haslem should be Duncan's weakest primary defender this whole post-season. Green, Leonard and Splitter shouldn't be expected to stop the Heat's Big Three, but they are at least defense-first players with the size and quickness (and recent experience) to make them work. All three of them need to play well enough on offense to be defended. Green either keeping Wade honest or abusing Chalmers is necessary, and Leonard should get his opportunities to hit threes and drive on smaller defenders. If Battier is on him, he needs to at least be as effective as he was against Prince.

Splitter, as I've said before, is the key to this series. He needs to win the match-up with Battier, like West has. Doing so forces Spoelstra to play big, which hurts the Heat's spacing on offense and mobility/flexibility on defense. With the bench, he needs to keep Anderson busy, to prevent him from free-lancing. Splitter also needs to be a beast in the PnR to force Miami to move.

tesseractive
05-31-2013, 04:17 PM
Also of note, the Spurs have defenders who can guard all three of the Heat's best players in their starting lineup, whereas the Heat have no one to guard Parker or Duncan.

Absolutely. We're just about the worst case scenario for the "versatile defenders" strategy. Even if the Heat were playing at their winning-streak best (which they're not), the matchups are still enough to really help us.

Splitter, as I've said before, is the key to this series. He needs to win the match-up with Battier, like West has.
Any chance they put LeBron on Splitter? If they want to keep Battier in the game, he could guard Kawhi, right? You wouldn't want to put LeBron on Duncan because Duncan could wear him out, but I'm not sure you could run enough offense through Tiago to create a problem for him.

Chinook
05-31-2013, 04:29 PM
Absolutely. We're just about the worst case scenario for the "versatile defenders" strategy. Even if the Heat were playing at their winning-streak best (which they're not), the matchups are still enough to really help us.

Yep. I thought back to "Leonard is the future of the NBA defender" thread. Sure, versatility is great for adapting to multiple situations, but specialization will always beat it in a fair fight. If the Spurs are allowed to run their offense, the Heat's defenders don't match-up well at all.

Any chance they put LeBron on Splitter? If they want to keep Battier in the game, he could guard Kawhi, right? You wouldn't want to put LeBron on Duncan because Duncan could wear him out, but I'm not sure you could run enough offense through Tiago to create a problem for him.

Lebron is a great defender, but he hasn't really shown the ability to defend a legitimate big straight up. So Splitter would have to let the Heat get away with James defending him. If he's already in the mode of using his size and length to score over Battier, he'll probably still be effective with James on him.

However, having Lebron on Splitter, would probably make the Heat more likely to switch a PnR, especially if Ginobili is the one handling the ball. This would probably negate Ginobili's scoring ability, but it would leave Wade/Allen on Splitter. So good passing would get the Spurs a great opportunity. It all comes down to Splitter. He needs to play decisively and with confidence so he can beat the double or make the correct pass. Battier may try flopping to get Splitter in foul trouble, but Tiago cannot allow the double to force a turnover.

Killakobe81
05-31-2013, 04:37 PM
Spurs will also need to play like the 80's celtics vs. the Lakers ...
Run when there is a clear advantage ... but not allow the game to stay uptemop either.
Miami is a good defensive team so you want some easy buckets ...but you dont want to get Lebron in a transition game either.
Half court offense definitely favors Spurs even with James being the clearly the best all-around player in the series.

Dr Cox
05-31-2013, 04:47 PM
I can't wait to watch Duncan do work on Anderson and co.

Chinook
05-31-2013, 04:49 PM
Spurs will also need to play like the 80's celtics vs. the Lakers ...
Run when there is a clear advantage ... but not allow the game to stay uptemop either.
Miami is a good defensive team so you want some easy buckets ...but you dont want to get Lebron in a transition game either.
Half court offense definitely favors Spurs even with James being the clearly the best all-around player in the series.

I'd rather the Spurs run every possession if they don't force up shots in transition. There's nothing wrong with Parker sprinting down the court and forcing the Heat defense to have to get set up at the beginning of the clock. It puts a lot of pressure on any defense to have to sprint down the court every time they miss a shot, and doing so discourages anyone on Miami from hanging around for an offensive rebound (not that they're good at that anyway). I agree that the Spurs should avoid going into a SSOL offense, but Parker's conditioning is one of San Antonio's biggest advantages.

lefty
05-31-2013, 04:51 PM
Their weaknesses ?

Everybody not named Lebron

still.focused
05-31-2013, 06:33 PM
I think we can carve them up inside, but need to draw James way out of the paint to do so. He is a great help defender and coming from behind to block or bother shots. Otherwise I think we can score at will inside against Miami with TP and our superior size.
Drivr and kick is always the gameplan. James sags KY gets as many corner 3s as he can stomach

still.focused
05-31-2013, 06:35 PM
Just D up everybody on the court except for Lebron. The guy won't be able to play good D and score 80 points for the team by himself

Thats how they defended CP3 in New Orleans and Nash in Phx. Worked like a charm. I doubt thatll be the gameplan tho

jimbo
05-31-2013, 07:16 PM
Since I am no Spurs homer (but a Duncan and Lebron admirer) let me give you some honest analysis on Heat weakness:

1. Wade is injured and although I do also expect him to "breakout" at least one game in the eCF and in the NBA finals he is a wounded animal and the Heat lack a reliable #2 option on offense while the Spurs have two (Parker and Timmy). Spurs should exploit Wade on defense with Manu and lock him down ...right now his baseline drive and middle spin move is all he has working his floater and bank-shot are boken.

2. Rebounding. From what I see Pop favors getting back in transition rather than all out board crashing. And against a team like the Heat that is smart but Spurs can exploit that as a Heat weakness as well. Duncan doesnt rebound like his young days ... but with a ring soooo close I expect duncan and Manu (underrated rebounder for his size) to step that up ...

3. Heat are not shooting well. And I (along with everyone else) expect them to "breakout" but I would not compromise the integrity of my defense (protecting the rim/paint) to hard close on shooters who have been missing open shots. Spurs should still "show"and close out but do so smartly and Lebron, Bosh and Chalmers are the only good 3 shooters on their team right now. Ray, Wade and Battier would have to prove they are over their slump for at least a half of solid shooting.

4. The heat's offense is completely Lebron drive and dish dependent ... he is an amazing player and athlete. An all time great player and GOAT hoops athlete. But he is still one man and to Limit him you must stop penetration and then close out effectively and smartly. dont foul shooters and make sure you rebound any misses.

5. HEat have a great swarming defense but a great passing team like the sPurs (much like the 2011) Mavs can find soft spots ESPECIALLY if they are hitting 3's and have players than can take advantage of their traps and hard closeouts. Manu and Tony can both thrive against that type of trapping and switching but KL and Green will need to attack off the bounce as well.

I thought from day one this was Miami Repeat. I like Lebron (not the Heat) so I have no dog in this fight and hope we get a great 7 game series. IF i were betting I would bet on Lebron because he is the best player in his prime who has help ...but that help is underperforming but could still breakout. He is just so good I just cant picture him losing but if anyone could figure it out it's Pop who is a all-time top 3 coach in my book.

Solid take :tu

You know Pop is going to force the ball out of Lebron's hands. He'll still manage 25-6-6 a game, but that won't be enough to beat the Spurs without a reliable 2nd scorer stepping up. Speaking of that, I fully expect Bosh to breakout vs the Spurs defense a la Ibaka last year. Pop gave him all those open shots and Ibaka took em and drained them. Bosh can do the same and if he does that, he becomes the Heat's 2nd scorer they need. (not to mention Haslem's been automatic from that range too)

However, at times during the post season it's taken Duncan putting the team on his back to win. If it's Duncan vs Lebron on who can carry their team the most, I'm going with the best player in the world on that one. Timmy is revitalized, but he's not in his prime. He can't do it every single night. Tony's gonna need to grow a pair for this series.

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-31-2013, 07:32 PM
I think this series, like many others, won't come down to which team has the better starters but rather which team has the better backups.

TIMMYtoZO
05-31-2013, 07:37 PM
:lol This is cute. Spurs fans studying Miami. The 2011 Mavs actually had a superstar who took over games in the 4th of that series in Dirk. Who is going to do that for the Spurs? A pg led team won't cut it. Tony Parker having to be that guy will do the Spurs in. Unless Duncan/Ginobili can be the main stars in this series (won't happen), the Spurs literally are fucked. This is a superstar league, but that superstar can't be your pg.

:lol Spurs fans

swaggerjackson
05-31-2013, 09:01 PM
This is a superstar league? Indiana says hi by the way. Is that series over yet or...

SpursRock20
05-31-2013, 09:20 PM
:lol This is cute. Spurs fans studying Miami. The 2011 Mavs actually had a superstar who took over games in the 4th of that series in Dirk. Who is going to do that for the Spurs? A pg led team won't cut it. Tony Parker having to be that guy will do the Spurs in. Unless Duncan/Ginobili can be the main stars in this series (won't happen), the Spurs literally are fucked. This is a superstar league, but that superstar can't be your pg.

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/009/684/thats-just-like-your-opinion-man[1].gif

SpursRock20
05-31-2013, 09:22 PM

Tony Parker going absolutely HAM on the elite defensive backcourt of Memphis should lower your confidence level on beating the Spurs, tbh.

therealtruth
05-31-2013, 11:00 PM
Tony Parker going absolutely HAM on the elite defensive backcourt of Memphis should lower your confidence level on beating the Spurs, tbh.

Give Parker props. He pretty much destroyed 2 All-Defensive team guards. And this was after Allen was able to slow down Chris Paul and Kevin Durant.

Russo21
05-31-2013, 11:35 PM

Can't wait for us to beat them. Mate that mouthguard thing drives me crazy. Glad i'm not the only one. Do they think it looks cool or something ugh I cant stand it.

TheGoldStandard
06-01-2013, 12:05 AM
As each series goes by Miami looks more and more beatable and mortal. Outside of Lebron James they look like they are breaking down but you never know. The trick is simple, let Lebron be his own worst enemy, let him put this team on his back and try to carry them and lock every one else up. Crowd the paint and put hands up, don't double team or play weakside defense when they have spot up 3 point shooters. The next thing is don't bite on stupid pump fakes and this especially goes on whoever will be guarding Chris Bosh. He up fakes all the time so why jump? Just put your arms up and contest the shot if he goes up. I'd rather him take a jump shot than drive and score or kick it to someone slashing. The Spurs others are younger, have length and will be the biggest factor of the series. Tony Parker is going to have to play at a high level but it's going to be him and Duncan or Manu and Tony or at least 2 guys stepping up to take this series in 6

SpursRock20
06-01-2013, 04:43 AM
Give Parker props. He pretty much destroyed 2 All-Defensive team guards. And this was after Allen was able to slow down Chris Paul and Kevin Durant.
Not sure if serious. I just did.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-01-2013, 11:53 AM
Help me remember: when was Ray Allen a Spurs killer? My main Ray Allen memory is of Bruce Bowen kicking his ass so badly he had to go crying to the press about how unfair it was.

This. He cried like a little child because Bruce was stepping on his shoes. LOL

Killakobe81
06-01-2013, 06:02 PM
Solid take :tu

You know Pop is going to force the ball out of Lebron's hands. He'll still manage 25-6-6 a game, but that won't be enough to beat the Spurs without a reliable 2nd scorer stepping up. Speaking of that, I fully expect Bosh to breakout vs the Spurs defense a la Ibaka last year. Pop gave him all those open shots and Ibaka took em and drained them. Bosh can do the same and if he does that, he becomes the Heat's 2nd scorer they need. (not to mention Haslem's been automatic from that range too)

However, at times during the post season it's taken Duncan putting the team on his back to win. If it's Duncan vs Lebron on who can carry their team the most, I'm going with the best player in the world on that one. Timmy is revitalized, but he's not in his prime. He can't do it every single night. Tony's gonna need to grow a pair for this series.

Thanks, Jimbo ...
I actually admire and respect the hell out of Duncan, Pop and Manu ...when I moved to SA I planned on adopting them as my second favorite team ... but Laker haters in SA and this site has made that near impossible. But seeing those 3 ring would not be the worst they are sooo deserving. Not a big Parker fan but he has become such a good player. I know Manu is running hot and cold but always admired his cajones. Pop only ranks behind Riley and PJ in my book ...and Duncan was a guy (after you rang in 1999) I told anyone in L.A.who would listen that he would be a greater bigman than Shaq and I would trade O'Neal for him straight up ...people thought I was crazy but I think Duncan will go down as the greater ESPECIALLY if he rangs this year ... but still will in my book even if he does not. Sure Shaq was more dominant in his peak ...but outside of a few down years before his breakout this year ... Duncan has maintained a continued high level of play while Shaq got fat and flamed out towards the end.

All that being said fuck the Lakers haters out of your Spurs fandom and I hope Lebron stomps a mudhole in yo ass!

Back to my orginal points Heak weakness ...
Looks like emotional response to physical play is also possible. Not only did Birdman get suspended but Heat have been sucked in to trash talk, technicals etc by Pacers. Not sure who you guys have to do this sans Sjax ... but I think mental toughness by their team is shaky outside of Lebron and maybe Battier & chalmers. You guys may rue not having a Horry, Bowen or Sjax to provoke the Heat because that is another weakness they display from time to time.

nkdlunch
06-02-2013, 02:28 AM
obviously the fron line

and Wade is pretty slow

Legacy
06-02-2013, 06:11 AM
Just leave that Miami troll alone. He pretty much says the same shit in every single one of his posts, but he can't back anything up with facts or any type of analysis of some sort; etc. He just plain doesn't have a cluePERIOD. I think the only legit(:lol?) Miami fans on here that know WTH they're talking about are Latarian (who is banned right now) and Ace.

... Fuck 'em!

Legacy
06-02-2013, 06:29 AM
:repost: Damn. Getting sleepay, lol. :sleep

Legacy
06-02-2013, 06:54 AM
Mate that mouthguard thing drives me crazy. Glad i'm not the only one. Do they think it looks cool or something ugh I cant stand it.

:rollin Agreed x3!! That shit is so damn disgusting to see... I just want those nappy-ass fugly guys off my screen right now please (but not yet, obviously). I can't think of any other team that does that shit. What/who the fuck do they think they are?? Pro Boxers or something?? LULZ. ... I believe Jax used to do it from time to time, but he was nowhere near as bad as these guys. Pop probably would've wacked him upside the head right on the court if he caught him doing it on the regular like these fools do. :lol Simply grotesque.

pikkiwoki
06-02-2013, 07:33 PM
They chew on their mouthpieces because they aren't allowed to chew on plastic straws during a game.