PDA

View Full Version : Gregg Popovich interview POLAND magazine(!!)

iminol
05-31-2013, 08:47 AM
Weekly newspaper called "Przeglad Sportowy weekly". The interview took place on end of regularon season in Los Angeles (@Lakers game). In sport newspapers/magazine in Poland we have 90% text about soccer. That's why I'm never buying this crap. The same thing about TV news in national/private TV.

The "newspaper" is dated on 29 may - 4 june 2013. Hahaha this is Poland ;))

"

Experts say a lot of things to deserve their salaries

After the retirement of Phil Jackson is considered one of the best basketball coaches. Author of four championship titles in the NBA. Currently is leading San Antonio Spurs to the next. Gregg Popovich can be mean, but it is also to interesting speakers.

WEEKLY Przeglad Sportowy: Are you annoyed in opinion that the Spurs are too old to get championship crown?
Gregg Popovich: No, because I hear it for ten years. I do not see the team, which I would say it is much better than ours. We want to be on the field of battle to the end.

Does your ward Tony Parker playing at the MVP this season?
Gregg Popovich: Tony plays great. Definitely one of the best players in the league. When Tim (Duncan) and Manu (Ginobili) were injured, took on the additional weight and provide us the victory. It is the most important player of our team, a true leader.

What are your relationship now?
Gregg Popovich: Often I give him a free hand to have more confidence in their abilities. Certainly less yelling at him ...

What do you think about the next second youth Tim Duncan?
Gregg Popovich: Tim also played well last season, but for various reasons have not noticed or appreciated. Then also earned the nomination Star Game. This year is doing even better. It is on track to achieve the best result of his career in the blocks. You do not even need to jump high - just experience and the appropriate timing. This does not mean, however, that before he played like an old grandfather. He holds a high level for a long time.

Basketball Experts say that in the play-off NBA teams play slower ...
Gregg Popovich: Experts say a lot of things to deserve their salaries, but generally it is plain chatter, not by the facts. I do not know a coach who speaks before? Play-off: OK, now slow down the pace of the game. Of course, increases in concentration in defense. That's it.

Do not have done any moves before the transfer window closed. Why?
Gregg Popovich: I thought I just did not have the market offer that would change our team a better (only later after the interview Spurs hired free agent Tracy McGrady).

The last few weeks before the transfer trade deadline arouse greater anxiety in the locker room?
Gregg Popovich: For sure. Players who have a little play, or have high contracts, taking into account the possibility that they will be listed. I'm always honest with his players. If you plan to trasfer a basketball player, I tell him straight ahead. I do not want to survive a shock and a big disappointment.

Marcin Harasimowicz

"

PS Fuck soccer.
PS 2 Sorry, it was mainly google translator.

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/776817056.jpg?1370007901

PÒÓCH
05-31-2013, 10:06 AM
*in Homer Simpson voice* Hmmm...Polish Sausage

polandprzem
05-31-2013, 02:04 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/5c/Grilled_kielbasa.jpg/800px-Grilled_kielbasa.jpg