PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Saints Discussion thread

Pelicans78
05-31-2013, 08:49 AM
I'm expecting the Saints to bounce back this season. Payton is back and refreshed. He lost a lot of weight, got in great shape. New DC Rob Ryan is overhauling last year's disasterous performance from Spags and company. They've signed some new guys on defense to help out like CB Keenan Lewis, Victor Butler, drafted that safety Vaccaro from Texas. They're going from a 4-3 to a 3-4. Offense should be the same and hopefully more efficient with Payton back.

Here's the questions I have.

1. Can they win the NFC South? It won't be easy with the Falcons and possibly improved Panthers and Bucs.

2. How much will their defense improve in the new 3-4? I'm skeptical on Ryan. His defenses were underachieving in Big D.

3. Can their offense remain as a top 5 offense? I would think so, but left tackle is a question mark. I don't miss Bushrod. He was average, but Charles Brown is unproven and injury prone.

4. Will the Saints have a bounty on that asshole Matty Ice in week one and if so how much? Also should they put a bounty on cheap shotting their head coach who acts like he's having an ulcer after every play? I say yes, $100K, and yes.

5. $200K for Cam Newton's knee? yes

Darth_Pelican
05-31-2013, 10:31 AM
I'm excited about the season. The home game to open the season vs. Atlanta is going to set the tone. If we win, I think we go 12-4 or 11-5 and win the division. If we lose, I think we go 9-7 or 8-8 and miss the playoffs.

DUNCANownsKOBE
05-31-2013, 06:26 PM
Why do people say Rob Ryan's defense underachieved in Dallas? Last year he made them a middle of the pack defense in spite of a bevvy of injuries and him having to start guys signed off the street.

Magua
05-31-2013, 07:00 PM
:lolcan't wait to see how the Classless Assholes try to cheat the system this year.

TIMMYtoZO
05-31-2013, 07:01 PM
The Saints will win the division. They are easily the best team among those 4. The Falcons needed the Madden Curse and Sean Payton suspended to win the division those years with Tony Romo's equal at the helm. Tampa has no qb and are trying to build via free agency while the Panthers aren't doing shit with Cam at the helm.

Pelicans78
05-31-2013, 07:58 PM
Why do people say Rob Ryan's defense underachieved in Dallas? Last year he made them a middle of the pack defense in spite of a bevvy of injuries and him having to start guys signed off the street.

That's true. I guess I just looked at their overall rankings. He'll be an upgrade for sure over Spags, but I'm worried he will be alot like Gregg Williams. I know Williams was a big part of their Super Bowl win, but he also was the main reason for the loss at San Francisco in 2011. His play-calling cost them a chance to host the NFC Championship.

Pelicans78
05-31-2013, 07:59 PM
:lolcan't wait to see how the Classless Assholes try to cheat the system this year.

Oh look who shows up. Mention the Saints and here he is.

I did miss you btw.

Pelicans78
05-31-2013, 08:01 PM
The Saints will win the division. They are easily the best team among those 4. The Falcons needed the Madden Curse and Sean Payton suspended to win the division those years with Tony Romo's equal at the helm. Tampa has no qb and are trying to build via free agency while the Panthers aren't doing shit with Cam at the helm.

I hope you're right man. They always have the Falcons numbers, but the schedule seems tough this year. They need to come out on top in week 1 by blasting the Falcons at home. That game could set the tone for the season.

Lincoln
05-31-2013, 09:13 PM
What was the saints record vs black qbs last year?

Pelicans78
05-31-2013, 09:54 PM
What was the saints record vs black qbs last year?

3-4

Beat Freeman twice and Vick, lost to Newton twice, RGIII, and Kaepernick.

Lincoln
05-31-2013, 11:58 PM
IMO that's a number that has to improve for the saints to have a good season. Can't keep losing to n!ggers

Avante
06-01-2013, 12:44 AM
The Saints are the most talented team in their division. They have one of the best coach/QB tandems in the league, a solid O line and receiving corp. Second ranked O in the league, so they can give up 21 and still win, averaged 28 last year. Not sold on Atlanta.

DeadlyDynasty
06-01-2013, 12:53 AM
Atlanta will never have a better shot than they did last year. All downhill for them imo

leemajors
06-01-2013, 09:22 AM

Depends on their d-line I guess, Dallas ended up getting gashed a lot partly b/c of injuries. He will probably be much better the next year.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-01-2013, 09:49 AM
Atlanta will never have a better shot than they did last year. All downhill for them imo

Agreed. I think their offense might be elite this year w/ Jackson adding a new dimension but their D is gonna go downhill. Going from Abraham to Osi is a downgrade (maybe they can pick Abraham up again since he's still unsigned) and they're thin at corner.

That being said IMO the NFC South is still their division to lose. New Orleans is probably gonna take a year to adjust to the 3-4 (granted there's no way that D can be as bad as it was last year), while the Panthers and Bucs are both wildcards.

Blizzardwizard
06-01-2013, 12:43 PM
The Saints WILL have a good season. Well I hope so anyway. Good coach, good QB (although some part of me still wishes he never recovered fully from his injury (also known as jealousy :lol). After the awful start they kinda bounced back and I expect them to build on that.

Darth_Pelican
07-19-2013, 05:24 PM
Just got the mail today... Christmas in July!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/164242_578525762199263_1126953032_n.jpg

MeloHype
07-19-2013, 05:29 PM
Saints gonna go 23-0

gaKNOW!blee
07-19-2013, 09:29 PM
Bucs winning this division tbh

Pelicans78
07-23-2013, 05:50 AM
Bucs winning this division tbh

Rather see them win than the Falcons or even the Panthers, but I don't see Newton being consistent enough right now. The Bucs are an interesting team and will be competitive but Freeman hasn't showed enough consistency either.

gaKNOW!blee
07-23-2013, 07:57 PM
Rather see them win than the Falcons or even the Panthers, but I don't see Newton being consistent enough right now. The Bucs are an interesting team and will be competitive but Freeman hasn't showed enough consistency either.

I like your Saints too..but every year there seems to be a surprise division winner and the Bucs is my team this year. Revis, Goldson, Barron, David, Mason, Mccoy and even Banks all on D. That's a lot of talent. Good Oline, very good RB, and two very good WR's. You're right it's all on Freeman who hasn't been consistent.

TIMMYtoZO
07-23-2013, 10:42 PM
I like your Saints too..but every year there seems to be a surprise division winner and the Bucs is my team this year. Revis, Goldson, Barron, David, Mason, Mccoy and even Banks all on D. That's a lot of talent. Good Oline, very good RB, and two very good WR's. You're right it's all on Freeman who hasn't been consistent.

:lol The Bucs are the perfect example of a failed front office. They are spending big in free agency which is a terrible route to go. The Revis trade was beyond retarded. They also have shit at QB. Tampa isn't winning that division. Teams who constantly spend big in free agency will ALWAYS fail in the NFL. Again, :lmao @ trading picks and giving a massive contract for a fucking cornerback coming off a torn ACL.

TIMMYtoZO
07-23-2013, 10:49 PM
The Saints are winning that division. The Falcons D will be pretty bad. Osi doesn't have Tuck/JPP to make life easier this time around. Brees/Peyton will be back in sync and that D could show something this season. They have a huge edge at QB, head coach, and possibly even D. I really expect the Saints to return to being an NFC threat this season.

gaKNOW!blee
07-24-2013, 03:05 PM
:lol The Bucs are the perfect example of a failed front office. They are spending big in free agency which is a terrible route to go. The Revis trade was beyond retarded. They also have shit at QB. Tampa isn't winning that division. Teams who constantly spend big in free agency will ALWAYS fail in the NFL. Again, :lmao @ trading picks and giving a massive contract for a fucking cornerback coming off a torn ACL.

He's not just a "fucking" cornerback...he's the best non pass rushing defensive player in the game if he's healthy. Trading the 13th pick in a weak-ish draft for a guy who has the ability to shut down half the field is worth the risk.

Freeman isn't shit either...he's not been great outside of 2010 but his 4 four years in the league have definitely been better than Eli's who won a SB around that time (not suggesting the Bucs will.)

They might have spent big on free agency, but they are still built on the draft. Freeman, Martin, Williams, Clayborn, Mccoy, David, Mason, Barron etc were all drafted. Also, it's not like Vjax and Nicks didn't work out for them...Nicks is an elite guard who just got injured, and Jackson put up nearly 1,400 yards. If you're betting that signing REVIS of all people isn't a good idea..I think that's a mistake.

Pelicans78
07-24-2013, 04:36 PM
The Saints are winning that division. The Falcons D will be pretty bad. Osi doesn't have Tuck/JPP to make life easier this time around. Brees/Peyton will be back in sync and that D could show something this season. They have a huge edge at QB, head coach, and possibly even D. I really expect the Saints to return to being an NFC threat this season.

I hope you're right. I expect the offense to be elite and efficient with Payton back. Less turnovers, better running game, less penalties.

The defense still worries me. It won't be as bad as last season's and the talent has been upgraded a bit, but I'm not convinced it will be an average defense. Still, I think it should be good enough to win the division. Not that impressed with Atlanta and not sure if Carolina will take the next step. I will be really disappointed if the Saints don't win the division.

TIMMYtoZO
07-24-2013, 07:53 PM
He's not just a "fucking" cornerback...he's the best non pass rushing defensive player in the game if he's healthy. Trading the 13th pick in a weak-ish draft for a guy who has the ability to shut down half the field is worth the risk.

Freeman isn't shit either...he's not been great outside of 2010 but his 4 four years in the league have definitely been better than Eli's who won a SB around that time (not suggesting the Bucs will.)

They might have spent big on free agency, but they are still built on the draft. Freeman, Martin, Williams, Clayborn, Mccoy, David, Mason, Barron etc were all drafted. Also, it's not like Vjax and Nicks didn't work out for them...Nicks is an elite guard who just got injured, and Jackson put up nearly 1,400 yards. If you're betting that signing REVIS of all people isn't a good idea..I think that's a mistake.

:lol Bills fan defending Tampa's shitty decision making. Revis is coming off a torn ACL, overpaid, and Tampa gave up multiple draft picks to get him. This isn't the NBA where you can just land free agents and piss away draft picks. In the NFL, draft picks are pretty valuable. That trade shows how shitty Tampa's front office is. They don't know how to build through the draft. That was a desperate and very stupid move.

Freeman is a piece of shit. He doesn't impact games in a positive manner, he has never been to the playoffs, he is a dumbass, and he is black. Who gives a fuck about VJax's stats? Talk to me when these stats and roster moves result in a playoff berth followed by some playoff wins. The problem is that isn't going to happen when Tampa is making desperate moves because of their inability to draft.

:lol Bills fan

gaKNOW!blee
07-24-2013, 08:15 PM
:lol making fun of a team that has nothing to do with what we're talking about shows me you're flustered and desperate.

Oh wow they gave up MULTIPLE picks...and 1st rounder (he's clearly better than any prospect that was available in this draft) and a 3rd rounder next year. You know how many 3rd rounders actually make an impact in the league? not many.

No player has ever come back strong from a torn ACL? I'm sure the Bucs checked him out before trading for, and then signing him to such a big deal. He might be overpaid (any non QB isn't worth 100m) but that doesn't impact this season at all.

Freeman had two horrible games last year...that's it. He had a good season overall. I'll be sure to bump this thread when the Bucs finish with a better record than the Giants.

Spur-Addict
07-24-2013, 08:35 PM
Does anyone think Jimmy Graham will break the 100 catch mark this season?

Pelicans78
07-24-2013, 08:41 PM
Does anyone think Jimmy Graham will break the 100 catch mark this season?

He could if he can stay healthy and focused. He had alot of drops last year, but when he's on he's almost impossible to cover. I think he can but Brees does like to spread the ball around.

Spur-Addict
07-24-2013, 08:48 PM
He could if he can stay healthy and focused. He had alot of drops last year, but when he's on he's almost impossible to cover. I think he can but Brees does like to spread the ball around.

Yeah I figure he'll end up around 90. That's the great thing about Brees, he goes through his progressions and spreads it around for sure.

TIMMYtoZO
07-25-2013, 12:05 AM
:lol making fun of a team that has nothing to do with what we're talking about shows me you're flustered and desperate.

Oh wow they gave up MULTIPLE picks...and 1st rounder (he's clearly better than any prospect that was available in this draft) and a 3rd rounder next year. You know how many 3rd rounders actually make an impact in the league? not many.

No player has ever come back strong from a torn ACL? I'm sure the Bucs checked him out before trading for, and then signing him to such a big deal. He might be overpaid (any non QB isn't worth 100m) but that doesn't impact this season at all.

Freeman had two horrible games last year...that's it. He had a good season overall. I'll be sure to bump this thread when the Bucs finish with a better record than the Giants.

:lol still defending the Revis trade
:lol still treating draft picks like they mean nothing past round 1
:lol thinking a team can win by building through trades/free agency
:lol praising Freeman... Talk to me when that monkey actually makes it to January and can win a game.
:lol Bucs better than the Giants
:lol no better than 3rd place
:lol mad
:lol can't directly quote me anymore due to anger issues
:lol frusterated Bills fan wanting a shitty team like Tampa with a dumbass front office to beat the odds