PDA

View Full Version : Steve Kerr picks Spurs over Heat or Pacers

Budkin
05-31-2013, 11:28 AM
In the latest BS Report. He says they are just the best team right now and will win the title no matter who they play.

EDIT: Simmons gushes about the Spurs but then says "it's always a safe pick to go with the best player in the series," so we can assume he's picking Miami, obviously.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=9326684

mudyez
05-31-2013, 11:37 AM
liked it...and he has a point!

Whisky Dog
05-31-2013, 11:41 AM
Shut their shit down more than anyone else has defensively and take care of the ball/make shots on offense. They do that and they can win

The Reckoning
05-31-2013, 11:51 AM
Steve Kerr? You don't say...

hooperflash
05-31-2013, 11:54 AM
I don't know if it's just me, but I like when the media and "experts" pick against us.

NASpurs
05-31-2013, 12:01 PM
I don't know if it's just me, but I like when the media and "experts" pick against us.

And then others with the small market mentality come in this forum and bitch that the Spurs never get respect and are always picked against. Lots of polarizing Spurs fans.

Kool Bob Love
05-31-2013, 12:21 PM
The best place to be is when expectations are high. GET USE TO IT! Its always gonna be that way. And now lets go out and prove everybody right.
We KNOW were better than you. We dont give a fuck if you know it or not. We dont give a shit if you give us your best game. Were gonna give you our best game. And were gonna be the fuck outta you. How's that?

LET'S GET IT!

:toast

Budkin
05-31-2013, 12:28 PM
Throughout the season Miami looked unbeatable but the fact is that other than a few decent teams they were playing against shitty Eastern Conference teams. The struggles they've had in the playoffs prove that. The combination of our precise execution combined with our vastly improved defense should put us over the top of the struggling, out of sync Heat.

SA210
05-31-2013, 12:33 PM
Kerr actually said Duncan is "boring". :rolleyes

Knoxxx
05-31-2013, 12:37 PM
TBH picking the team with home court is almost always reasonable. An exception would be let's say LeBron breaks a leg while the Heat are up 12 in Game 7 against IN with 1 minute to go. While we would never hope for an injury to anyone, that is an ideal situation for a spurs championship for which we would certainly be favored.

timtonymanurich
05-31-2013, 12:40 PM
It's funny to me that it takes a "Jordan-esque" 3rdQ for LeBronda to give the Heat any shot of winning Game 5 last night. Not that Z-Bo and the Warrior 'twins' (Curry and Klay) are anything on the same Level of LeBronda, but with what Pop's been able to do with his role-players and shutting down the overall productivity of the opposing teams best scorer gives me such a vote of confidence that Pop Can Limit LeBronda to 15-20 pts per night and make the disabled D-Wade step up.

I loved what Magic Johnson said after the Spurs SWEPT the Griz: "The Heat just don't have anyone that can guard Tony Parker".

Parker just HAPPENS to be on a MUTHA FUGGIN mission to get Timmy "One for the Thumb" and likely another Finals MVP for himself. I'd love to see Manu get the finals MVP just so that we'd be the ONLY team ever to have 3 Finals MVP's on the same team playing together... Perhaps it's wishful thinking. In any care, I digress...

I'd go BATSHIT crazy if the Spurs swept either the Heat or Pacers, (NOT likely) but I don't see any East team beating this ON FIRE Spurs team 4 times in 7 games.

Darkwaters
05-31-2013, 12:48 PM
Throughout the season Miami looked unbeatable but the fact is that other than a few decent teams they were playing against shitty Eastern Conference teams. The struggles they've had in the playoffs prove that. The combination of our precise execution combined with our vastly improved defense should put us over the top of the struggling, out of sync Heat.

I'm definitely a huge advocate of the Eastern Conference's overall inferior quality. But I definitely think we're getting a little lucky in that we're, more or less, firing on all cylinders right now. The Heat just aren't. They're slumping a bit. And thats a bad place to be come June 6th.

Budkin
05-31-2013, 12:49 PM
TBH picking the team with home court is almost always reasonable. An exception would be let's say LeBron breaks a leg while the Heat are up 12 in Game 7 against IN with 1 minute to go. While we would never hope for an injury to anyone, that is an ideal situation for a spurs championship for which we would certainly be favored.

Not necessarily. Last two champs were the road teams.

tesseractive
05-31-2013, 12:55 PM
The Heat also had a fantastic record vs. the West. And no team that isn't fantastic rolls off 27 straight.

But lately, Wade hasn't looked remotely like the guy who was so critical to the team during that streak, and Bosh isn't doing nearly as well either. LeBron can win a Pacers series by throwing the whole team on his back like he did last night, but there's no way he wins a Spurs series that way. If we play LeBron and the Pips, we win a Heat Finals series in 5. (I'm spotting LeBron one game for a night where he throws down a completely insane 40/15/15 or something.) If the real Wade and Bosh show up, it's a long series that people will still be talking about 20 years for now, and I've got Spurs in 7.

Budkin
05-31-2013, 01:12 PM
Basically LeBron can't beat us by himself. If the Heat want to win the role players have to get back on track.

romain.star
05-31-2013, 01:19 PM
Great to hear all these insights from Kerr

Fireball
05-31-2013, 01:56 PM
Insights or not, I have the feeling the media has to build the Spurs up as much as possible to create ratings. Miami is the favorite and now the media is creating a backdoor for Lebron if he might fail again against the Spurs. And if the Heat win it would be oh so great and such a surprise for the media to milk ...

Beaverfuzz
05-31-2013, 02:20 PM
Kerr actually said Duncan is "boring". :rolleyes

One should notice the sarcasm in this one.

lefty
05-31-2013, 02:29 PM
This TBH

Yesterday, Indiana's rotation D was shit, I cant believe they left those scrubs Chalmers and Haslem open all night

Pop wouldnt let that happen

Sean Cagney
05-31-2013, 02:35 PM

Yeah, Spurs fans overanalyze and are so damn sensitive at times lol.

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-31-2013, 02:39 PM
Not sure which would be the better defense against Miami: Focus on guarding LeBron and force everyone else to beat the Spurs, or focus on everyone else and force LeBron to beat the Spurs.

hater
05-31-2013, 02:41 PM
Kerr is a moron

my servers are all pointing to Miami in 6

still, there is some time....

capek
05-31-2013, 02:42 PM
Always love to hear Kerr talk. Especially enjoyed his description of SA as such a Spurs city, especially about the love he got from people on his block that one time. Glad ya'll are showing the love down there. :tu

davidbowie
05-31-2013, 02:42 PM
a loyal ni**a :hat

http://ww3.hdnux.com/photos/12/01/40/2627618/3/628x471.jpg

lefty
05-31-2013, 02:43 PM
Did he punch Jax ?

capek
05-31-2013, 02:44 PM
Did he punch Jax ?

Surprised Jax didn't ask him to, so he could get the imprints tattooed.

SA210
05-31-2013, 03:05 PM

Yeah, Spurs fans overanalyze and are so damn sensitive at times lol.

Whatever, Kerr has said stupid things before going with the national narrative, many times.

Budkin
05-31-2013, 03:36 PM
Kerr is a moron

You know you believe hater! :lol

KaiRMD1
05-31-2013, 03:49 PM

I agree, not happy that people are picking the Spurs tbh I enjoy when everyone looks over us, gotten used to it.

eyeh8u
05-31-2013, 05:01 PM

not just you, the more and more the media picks the spurs, the more i hate them(the media), for one they are just bandwagoners that havent watched this team enough to really have a validopinion , evidence of this is comparing 2011 spurs to 2013 spurs, when most of the vital role players are completely different. And also because every time the majority of the media pick one them, it never works out. the 1st patriots vs giant superbowl is a prime example.

jimbo
05-31-2013, 05:08 PM

This can't be a real take, can it?

They looked unbeatable because D Wade was averaging 25-6-6. They had a better record vs the West than the East this year. They beat the hot Nuggets at home during their streak.

Wade is injured, Bosh is getting his shit packed in by bigger men, Ray Allen/Shane Battier can't buy a shot. That's the difference in the streaking Heat and the current Heat.

Darius McCrary
05-31-2013, 06:07 PM

LOLOLOL This deserves it's own caption thread.

Budkin
05-31-2013, 07:04 PM
This can't be a real take, can it?

They looked unbeatable because D Wade was averaging 25-6-6. They had a better record vs the West than the East this year. They beat the hot Nuggets at home during their streak.

Wade is injured, Bosh is getting his shit packed in by bigger men, Ray Allen/Shane Battier can't buy a shot. That's the difference in the streaking Heat and the current Heat.

You're making the same point as me. We'll win against the current Heat.

Budkin
05-31-2013, 07:06 PM

I was at the Alamodome celebration for this moment... Kerr wanted to show Jack his "bling." Hilarious.

MannyIsGod
05-31-2013, 07:07 PM
Really enjoyed that podcast. Thanks.

wijayas
06-01-2013, 08:43 AM
Insights or not, I have the feeling the media has to build the Spurs up as much as possible to create ratings. Miami is the favorite and now the media is creating a backdoor for Lebron if he might fail again against the Spurs. And if the Heat win it would be oh so great and such a surprise for the media to milk ...

:tu

ohmwrecker
06-01-2013, 09:42 AM

Jesus . . . Kerr looks like an 80 year old man in that pic.

therealtruth
06-01-2013, 10:57 AM
I think it depends on TP more than the other team. If he plays like an MVP we will win.

tesseractive
06-01-2013, 01:03 PM
Well yeah, that's promotion 101. I mean, who's going to go on TV trying to build excitement before a boxing match and say "Man, that mook is going to get completely curbstomped by the champ!" Hype is where mainstream ratings come from, and you have to hype both sides to make it seem like a contest.

Really, the Spurs winning wouldn't even be terrible for them. To casual fans, it's unexpected, and therefore interesting. And they get to do a year's worth of "can King James come back and regain his crown" stories, possibly even with training montages set to the "Rocky" theme. I mean, think how well that worked for them in 2003-04 as they hyped the bejeezus out of the Lakers supposed "Dream Team" with Malone and Payton.

houston spurs fan
06-01-2013, 08:22 PM
Kerr is a moron

Hater proving it takes a moron to know a moron isn't a myth. Your "servers" are a joke as validated by your "Tim Duncan sucks" posts. You moron.

nkdlunch
06-02-2013, 02:36 AM
I don't know.

I don't trust Kerr

Knoxxx
06-02-2013, 11:54 AM
Kerr was unusually bad last night to listen to. I usually enjoy the guy, but it sounded like he either had a bad seat or was day dreaming during the game. He had several noticeably bad takes.

The capper was when he was stuck on "LeBron lead with an elbow" when Hibbert clearly has his arms forward not vertical while being in the restricted circle. Finally after the commercial break he began to realize the refs may have blown the call. LeBron simply took the ball right into the chest of an out of position defender like you are supposed to do and got hammered.

I could care less if LeBron gets screwed on every call, but clearly he did on this one.

ambchang
06-02-2013, 03:11 PM
Kerr referring to Bosh being a very interesting, well-read, an intelligent person, but one that can have his mind wander because of all those interest. Then he said he has played with someone like that. Referring to the Admiral?