PDA

View Full Version : Bleacherreport: Who-has-the-better-career-resume-kobe-bryant-or-tim-duncan

fonzy16
05-31-2013, 02:57 PM
nice analysis - duncan vs. kobe

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1656129-who-has-the-better-career-resume-kobe-bryant-or-tim-duncan
:flag:

bthewigwam
05-31-2013, 03:00 PM
:toast

ffadicted
05-31-2013, 07:39 PM
the sky is blue tbh

HI-FI
05-31-2013, 08:22 PM
reading those comments, i forgot how much of bitches Kobefans are like their hero. Least on here, if they start that bs they get beat down with facts.

SpurSpurSpurs
05-31-2013, 11:26 PM
Knew this since I was kid.

Duncan >>> Bryant

TheGoldStandard
05-31-2013, 11:30 PM
Tim Duncan has the better career resume because of what he's accomplished and what he's done off the court. Tim has never rocked the boat, never broke up a team, demanded a trade or did anything that was out of character.

GaryJohnston
06-01-2013, 03:02 PM
Tim Duncan has the better career resume because of what he's accomplished and what he's done off the court. Tim has never rocked the boat, never broke up a team, demanded a trade or did anything that was out of character.

True, plus Tim never raped anybody.

polandprzem
06-01-2013, 03:16 PM
And Tim never got divorced

oh

:nutkick:

DespЏrado
06-01-2013, 03:28 PM
Holy wow those comments aren't worth the paper they're written on

Duncan hasn't been beat in the finals I think. But it's hard to compare a PF to a SG. If Duncan won a back to back so he isn't a true champion (in my opinion). Your not a true champion unless you can defend your title.

Never thought anyone would pull the whole back to back thing against a 4 time champion. It's just rediculous at this point.

SA210
06-01-2013, 04:14 PM
Holy wow those comments aren't worth the paper they're written on

Never thought anyone would pull the whole back to back thing against a 4 time champion. It's just rediculous at this point.

I was surprised to even hear Bruce Bowen say something similar on Bill Simmons podcast. Basically said he doesn't consider the Spurs a dynasty bc they have no back to back Championships. Wow.

DespЏrado
06-01-2013, 04:22 PM
I was surprised to even hear Bruce Bowen say something similar on Bill Simmons podcast. Basically said he doesn't consider the Spurs a dynasty bc they have no back to back Championships. Wow.

The dynasty comment at least has an argument (still wrong but arguable), but to say he's not a champion is whole other level of stupid.

DespЏrado
06-01-2013, 04:56 PM
in order for this argument to be legit timmy needs to win ring number 5, if he does that than u can serously debate on who had the better career

why? What's special about 5 as opposed to 3, 4, or 6? As tough as the nba is today even the heat are going to have a very difficult time being called a dynasty... even if they lose this year and then get 2peat after they would still be a dynasty. With a strict limit on most spending providing parity the nba is going to start looking like the nfl in terms of having a new team won every year. A celtics like dynasty just isn't going to happen again.

Besides SI already named it the silent dynasty. In terms of legitamacy having a recognized dynasty name and the majority of sports writers calling it one, is the major defining characteristic of a dynasty given the subjective nature of the term.

HemisfairArena
06-01-2013, 05:53 PM
Duncan easily.

KaiRMD1
06-01-2013, 08:12 PM
Of course Duncan has had the better career....... but people love Kobe because he's flashy and is on twitter now.

in2deep
06-02-2013, 02:25 AM
tim duncan

Asif Ali Zardari
06-02-2013, 02:52 AM
5 > 4
repeat > no repeat
4>2 head to head record and Kobe was the best player in the series most of the time