PDA

View Full Version : Amateur: Mario Chalmers > Tony Parker?

ElNono
05-31-2013, 10:56 PM
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/935037/act_mario_chalmers.jpg

Now, hear me out... here's a guy that's dropping 20 pts every other game even though he's the 4th-5th option on the Heat... what would he look like if he were to be the #2 or #3 option?
Is this just a typical case of scrubs living large thanks to the superfriends? I know guys like Cole and Miller are definitely on that boat, but what about SuperMario? Is he legit?

Darius McCrary
05-31-2013, 11:02 PM
Change your title to FYF (Fat Yankee Fail)?

Robz4000
05-31-2013, 11:05 PM
He's in the upper echelon of PGs tbh. I could see him average 20 PPG while the Spurs ignore him in favor of Lebron and Wade while Tony manages only 12 PPG being guarded by Lebron.

rogues
Rio gonna show Parker who his daddy is, tbh..

Calispursfan11
Nono turning his legit self into a troll this night tbh...

ElNono
:lol GNSF bait didn't take long

ElNono
05-31-2013, 11:07 PM
He's in the upper echelon of PGs tbh. I could see him average 20 PPG while the Spurs ignore him in favor of Lebron and Wade while Tony manages only 12 PPG being guarded by Lebron.

Mike Miller is the guy that worries me from the scrubs, tbh... he's basically not even playing now, which means he's going to go 8-10 from downtown per game...

Robz4000
05-31-2013, 11:26 PM
Mike Miller is the guy that worries me from the scrubs, tbh... he's basically not even playing now, which means he's going to go 8-10 from downtown per game...

Mike Miller is going to go HAM in at least two games. Luckily Spo is retarded enough to go away from him even if he is hot. If the Heat lose, it'll be on him just as much as Wade being hurt.

Calispursfan11
05-31-2013, 11:37 PM
Mike Miller is going to go HAM in at least two games. Luckily Spo is retarded enough to go away from him even if he is hot. If the Heat lose, it'll be on him just as much as Wade being hurt.

The Spurs always tend to create an X factor for the other team ala Miller by shutting down one of the regular go to guys but it sometimes backfires when they fail to shut the go to guy down completely.

Stabula
06-01-2013, 12:18 AM
El Nono what's with all your shitty threads lately?

Brazil
06-01-2013, 12:51 AM
I don't post often but when I post this is because I have something important to say.... :lol

ElNono
06-01-2013, 12:53 AM
El Nono what's with all your shitty threads lately?

what do you mean lately? :lol

Jacob1983
06-01-2013, 12:53 AM
Tony Parker has won 3 NBA Finals in a row. I can't say the same for pecker Chalmers.

ElNono
06-01-2013, 12:57 AM
I don't post often but when I post this is because I have something important to say.... :lol

sup broseph... you getting ready for that World Cup??? feels like it's just around the corner...

TDMVPDPOY
06-01-2013, 01:38 AM
his playin in a system where lebron and wade are the main ball hogs, while the rest are either spot up shooters or cant create for themselves

more touches, cause the bigs are just pure shit outside of bosh

plenty of touches to go around since lebron is more interested in distributing then scoring

Sean Cagney
06-01-2013, 02:15 AM
GOOD GOD DICKHEAD get a fucking life!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is all!:lmao:lmao:lmao GNSF! PARKER WOW :ihit:bang:downspin::married:

Prime Time
06-01-2013, 04:26 AM
Parker has outplayed Nash, Curry, and Conley. If he gets by to freaking Chalemers, I swear.....

dfens
06-01-2013, 04:43 AM
Parker has outplayed Nash, Curry, and Conley. If he gets by to freaking Chalemers, I swear.....

I guess you don't really understand that PGs are defended by defensive systems reacting to offensive systems and not 1 on 1s. God this place is comedy gold.:lol

Prime Time
06-01-2013, 04:45 AM
I guess you don't really understand that PGs are defended by defensive systems reacting to offensive systems and not 1 on 1s. God this place is comedy gold.:lol
I never said Parker "shut down" anyone, I said he outplayed them. Which is obviously true

Raven
06-01-2013, 04:54 AM
:lol @ being rightfully benched by Carlos fkin Arroyo

dfens
06-01-2013, 05:04 AM
I never said Parker "shut down" anyone, I said he outplayed them. Which is obviously true

my man, are you daft? Besides getting shitted on by curry parker never played a good player.

Outplaying nash is like outrunning cobbler:lmao
Curry was going in deep on parker until the ankle roll .. check your threads in the spurs forum if you forgot.
Conley was outplayed because memphis has a n:lolgg:lolr coach who is incapable of designating a play, thus:
- turnovers and no assists because the bigs weren't using any decent post up plays (could have played horns, screen the screener,etc)
- bad fg because he could not drive even though marc and zbo are good shooters lionel hollins decided to pack the paint on offense instead of running a zipper with conley with the bigs on the roll. Can't drive in packed paint because the help d is near.
- out of focus players because of bad coaching.

Parker is a decent player, but never and i mean never will his outplaying of someone mean the be all end all in a series. Lmao best PG. A very good system pg who can get hot, that's all he ever was and ever will, never a 1st option. Tempo control? Stress decision making? Intangibles/leadership/motivator?Undersized and exploitable?Can't run him as 2guard for versatility? I laugh the shit out of me when I read upstairs you were better with parker than with kidd. Kidd Duncan would have been >>> shaq/kobe considering work ethic and team mentality. Don't kid yourself.

Anyways, pgs are not that important unless they are kidd/lebron types where they play pg AND something else. Ask DOK, he'll gladly tell you.

Watch your boy struggle with cole world/chalmers hunting him and against the heat trapping.

dfens
06-01-2013, 05:05 AM
:lol @ being rightfully benched by Carlos fkin Arroyo

phillibeaner learning tbh.

Scrub
06-01-2013, 05:23 AM
I always thought Mike Conley is a glorified Mario Chalmers, tbh. It's just that half of this forum jerks off at the thought of Mike Conley while at the same time portray Chalmers as some end of the bench scrub. They're pretty similar players, imho. Solid PGs, but nothing to write home about. Anyway, Chalmers (like Conley) can't hold Parker's dick. Heat will have to play team defense on Parker.

Prime Time
06-01-2013, 05:39 AM
my man, are you daft? Besides getting shitted on by curry parker never played a good player.

Outplaying nash is like outrunning cobbler:lmao
Curry was going in deep on parker until the ankle roll .. check your threads in the spurs forum if you forgot.
Conley was outplayed because memphis has a n:lolgg:lolr coach who is incapable of designating a play, thus:
- turnovers and no assists because the bigs weren't using any decent post up plays (could have played horns, screen the screener,etc)
- bad fg because he could not drive even though marc and zbo are good shooters lionel hollins decided to pack the paint on offense instead of running a zipper with conley with the bigs on the roll. Can't drive in packed paint because the help d is near.
- out of focus players because of bad coaching.

Parker is a decent player, but never and i mean never will his outplaying of someone mean the be all end all in a series. Lmao best PG. A very good system pg who can get hot, that's all he ever was and ever will, never a 1st option. Tempo control? Stress decision making? Intangibles/leadership/motivator?Undersized and exploitable?Can't run him as 2guard for versatility? I laugh the shit out of me when I read upstairs you were better with parker than with kidd. Kidd Duncan would have been >>> shaq/kobe considering work ethic and team mentality. Don't kid yourself.

Anyways, pgs are not that important unless they are kidd/lebron types where they play pg AND something else. Ask DOK, he'll gladly tell you.

Watch your boy struggle with cole world/chalmers hunting him and against the heat trapping.

1. Parker shitted on Nash. Glad we both agree on this
2. lol Curry wasn't healthy :( Not fair :depressed Completely ignoring the fact Parker was set back due to his injury early on as well, He looked like a shell of his former self until Game 3. But that's when Curry was injured so it's not fair right :lol It's only okay when OTHER teams have the upper advantage over Spurs, right?
3. Completely disrespecting the off-ball action Parker did to his opponents, I see. His off-ball quickness completely fucked up Curry/Conley. The type of speed he demonstrated were 10x more impressive than the slow/stiffness he had during GSW's first two games.
4. You make it sound like Curry/Conley/Chalmers possess those abilities. Parker out clutched Curry in game 6, Conley's game is way too predictable, and Chalmers is...... no where near TP's level. System or not, Parker hit his shots and took advantage of his opponent's weakness. Those other PG's can not say the same.
5. I never stated I'd take Kidd over Parker. I would have taken that trade in a flash, Spurs could have used Kidd's leadership in 04/06/08. After that TP became the better player.
How about when Parker averaged 28/7 in the 09 Playoffs?
What about when Parker torched Payton's D as a Rookie?
How when about Parker won Finals MVP?
Your excuses are just....... wow. Parker isn't one of the best PG's of all time, But he's certainly among the top in today's league.

Calispursfan11
06-01-2013, 06:08 AM
:lol homeboys still getting bent and trolled even after Nono not so subtly revealed his own troll job :lol people on this board ...

Brazil
06-01-2013, 07:23 AM
sup broseph... you getting ready for that World Cup??? feels like it's just around the corner...

Quite busy actually work and travels. I even didn't had time to capitalize properly on TP wcf just did some old bumps. Wc is around the corner, waiting for ticketing grand opening and the schedules. I plan to take two weeks off and to watch as much games as possible. And u ? Ready for the finals ? U will come in brazil for the wc ? We could have a gtg in São Paulo and play some ball.

dfens
06-01-2013, 07:27 AM
1. Parker shitted on Nash. Glad we both agree on this
2. lol Curry wasn't healthy :( Not fair :depressed Completely ignoring the fact Parker was set back due to his injury early on as well, He looked like a shell of his former self until Game 3. But that's when Curry was injured so it's not fair right :lol It's only okay when OTHER teams have the upper advantage over Spurs, right?
3. Completely disrespecting the off-ball action Parker did to his opponents, I see. His off-ball quickness completely fucked up Curry/Conley. The type of speed he demonstrated were 10x more impressive than the slow/stiffness he had during GSW's first two games.
4. You make it sound like Curry/Conley/Chalmers possess those abilities. Parker out clutched Curry in game 6, Conley's game is way too predictable, and Chalmers is...... no where near TP's level. System or not, Parker hit his shots and took advantage of his opponent's weakness. Those other PG's can not say the same.
5. I never stated I'd take Kidd over Parker. I would have taken that trade in a flash, Spurs could have used Kidd's leadership in 04/06/08. After that TP became the better player.
How about when Parker averaged 28/7 in the 09 Playoffs?
What about when Parker torched Payton's D as a Rookie?
How when about Parker won Finals MVP?
Your excuses are just....... wow. Parker isn't one of the best PG's of all time, But he's certainly among the top in today's league.

Son, like it or not a good PG is not that important. Really, basketball is for big guys. Just accept parker is a system player.
When parker averaged 28/7 in 09 you were skullraped by the mavs, in 10 you were swept by the suns :lmao Empty stats.
Parker's finals mvp is the greatest joke ever. As a spur fan it is a shame to even bring that up.
Parker's defense was never payton level :lol:lol:lol:lol .. are you on drugs? He doesn't have the size, the post defense or the mental strength for that. He never had it. Parker with timmy behind is like rondo's defense with kg behind. It's overrated to the max.

God this board is :lmao:lmao:lmao

I'll stop here to not embarass you further.
Are you ducks btw (as in tony parker himself)?:lol

ElNono
06-01-2013, 10:10 AM
Quite busy actually work and travels. I even didn't had time to capitalize properly on TP wcf just did some old bumps. Wc is around the corner, waiting for ticketing grand opening and the schedules. I plan to take two weeks off and to watch as much games as possible. And u ? Ready for the finals ? U will come in brazil for the wc ? We could have a gtg in São Paulo and play some ball.

dunno yet... gotta see what I'm working on at that time... i'll let you know if I'm heading down south, tbh

ElNono
06-01-2013, 10:12 AM
:lol homeboys still getting bent and trolled even after Nono not so subtly revealed his own troll job :lol people on this board ...

:lol

DMX7
06-01-2013, 10:15 AM
I'd rather have Corey Joseph than Mario Chalmers.

UZER
06-01-2013, 10:23 AM
Nono stop playing and bring real basketball takes....like udonis haslem > Tim Duncan

ElNono
06-01-2013, 10:39 AM
Nono stop playing and bring real basketball takes....like udonis haslem > Tim Duncan

You should get that thread going though, tbh... there's still like 5 days till the Finals start...

dfens
06-01-2013, 10:51 AM
You should get that thread going though, tbh... there's still like 5 days till the Finals start...

Could you make a thread upstair about miami being the #1 defense of the PNR and PNR being the bread and butter of the spurs? A laker fan making it would cry trolling when it's a legit argument tbh. God bless your missi:lol Penaldo fan here :lol

DMC
06-01-2013, 11:01 AM
The PG is always the 1st option. He's already got the ball.

However, Mario Chalmers is no slouch but then neither is Udonis Haslem. It is, however, easier to score when you never draw a double team, and rarely any coverage at all. When you have 3 guys (4 if you have Allen on the floor) who are constant scoring threats on the floor at the same time, Mario will be the open man almost every time.

ElNono
06-01-2013, 11:55 AM
Could you make a thread upstair about miami being the #1 defense of the PNR and PNR being the bread and butter of the spurs? A laker fan making it would cry trolling when it's a legit argument tbh. God bless your missi:lol Penaldo fan here :lol

:lol I think somebody already brought that up... I've been mostly staying away from creating threads upstairs lately unless it's some article link praising the Spurs... Spursfan is very emo these days...

Calispursfan11
06-01-2013, 02:11 PM
:lol I think somebody already brought that up... I've been mostly staying away from creating threads upstairs lately unless it's some article link praising the Spurs... Spursfan is very emo these days...

I just started a "we should fear Haslem" thread upstairs.

dfens
06-01-2013, 04:40 PM
I just started a "we should fear Haslem" thread upstairs.

elnono:toast

Rogue
06-01-2013, 09:02 PM
chalmers > parker holds exactly as much water as manu > dirk imho. numbers can be misleading, give someone else the job of playing alongside 3 superstars and he would blossom too. meanwhile, parker fought his way to his current height and he earned every point on his book.

ElNono
06-05-2013, 05:02 PM

come on son...

Bobby Peru
06-05-2013, 05:19 PM
dear lord grow some balls

every thread in here is some emo shit :lol

Phillip
06-05-2013, 06:22 PM
tbh, Chalmers is a bit underrated. good shooter, quick, finishes well, has a good floater, decent passer, solid defender.

cheguevara
06-05-2013, 06:26 PM
tbh, Chalmers is a bit underrated. good shooter, quick, finishes well, has a good floater, decent passer, solid defender.

sure. plus he's in the Heat core for a while now. He is a lot more rounded PG than guys like Hill.

Chalmers would start on most NBA teams

ElNono
06-09-2013, 10:05 PM
you niggas gotta start paying attention, tbh....

AchillesHeel
06-09-2013, 10:07 PM
you niggas gotta start paying attention, tbh....

:worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

dg7md
06-10-2013, 04:48 AM
ummmmm

BobaFett1
06-10-2013, 11:05 AM

Really............

D-Wade
06-10-2013, 01:07 PM
I always thought Mike Conley is a glorified Mario Chalmers, tbh. It's just that half of this forum jerks off at the thought of Mike Conley while at the same time portray Chalmers as some end of the bench scrub. They're pretty similar players, imho. Solid PGs, but nothing to write home about. Anyway, Chalmers (like Conley) can't hold Parker's dick. Heat will have to play team defense on Parker.

Chalmers has a way better shot that Conley, but Conley has the slight edge on D. Conley is expected to do way more obviously and it goes to show you how shooting-deprived the Grizz are if he's considered their best option from range.

ElNono
06-18-2013, 03:30 PM
Rio gonna take the frenchie to school tonight, tbh

midnightpulp
06-18-2013, 03:42 PM
Rio gonna take the frenchie to school tonight, tbh

Chalmers is my primary worry tonight. Has a knack for showing up in big games.

jimbo
06-18-2013, 03:59 PM
Chalmers is my primary worry tonight. Has a knack for showing up in big games.

Home game = role players show up

Big game = chalmers showing up

as long as he doesn't foul out, he'll probably drop 15+

ElNono
10-19-2013, 10:04 PM
This is how you predict stuff, tbh...

HI-FI
10-19-2013, 10:16 PM
Parker got abused by him again. smh

that comment above from dfens about the Heat's PNR defense is disturbing in hindsight.

Katherine Robinson
10-19-2013, 10:18 PM
Parker is very overrated

LkrFan
10-19-2013, 10:23 PM
Good thread. I'd like to see Chalmers on another team with a bigger role (like the Lakers tbh :lol). On the cHeat, he's 4th fiddle at best on most nights. He just gets it done. Solid defensively and is a knockdown shooter when left open. As much as I like him, I'm not ready to say he's better than TP. Not yet anyway.

lefty
10-19-2013, 11:10 PM
Chalmers is better than TP

It's a well known fact