PDA

View Full Version : So I guess you stupid humps didn't pray hard enough for OKC the last time

Beantown Masshole
06-01-2013, 08:32 AM
:lmao

byrontx
06-01-2013, 09:31 AM
I am confused by the concept of an intervening god that supposedly is running the show. Is he or isn't he (she)? Praying because someone has a disease? Well who the heck gave them the bug in the first place?

Religion is pretty much bronze-age stuff. I am not saying there isn't a god. I don't know and you don't know either. But most of the practices and beliefs stem from times when people did not understand that germs and not spirits cause illness, that the Earth is not the center of the universe, and, mostly, it is stuck in their head because it was drilled into them before their child brain was capable of critical thinking.

With that said why does anyone pray for a sports team? It is so silly and stupid.

dallasmaverickslose
06-01-2013, 09:58 AM
I am confused by the concept of an intervening god that supposedly is running the show. Is he or isn't he (she)? Praying because someone has a disease? Well who the heck gave them the bug in the first place?

Religion is pretty much bronze-age stuff. I am not saying there isn't a god. I don't know and you don't know either. But most of the practices and beliefs stem from times when people did not understand that germs and not spirits cause illness, that the Earth is not the center of the universe, and, mostly, it is stuck in their head because it was drilled into them before their child brain was capable of critical thinking.

With that said why does anyone pray for a sports team? It is so silly and stupid.

Was that really necessary?

Bill_Brasky
06-01-2013, 10:04 AM
Was that really necessary?

Yes. More time spent praying means less time spent building things like underground communications systems that don't cause power outages with inclement weather and storm safe rooms in every home.

The Reckoning
06-01-2013, 10:44 AM
bro is that a pizza on your head?

tesseractive
06-01-2013, 12:46 PM
Yes. More time spent praying means less time spent building things like underground communications systems that don't cause power outages with inclement weather and storm safe rooms in every home.

That's pretty much a straw man. The set of people who actually think, "Well, I pray every day, so I don't need to worry at all about the fact that my car's brakes seem to be going out" is vanishingly small -- and probably rather short-lived.

dallasmaverickslose
06-01-2013, 04:57 PM
That's pretty much a straw man. The set of people who actually think, "Well, I pray every day, so I don't need to worry at all about the fact that my car's brakes seem to be going out" is vanishingly small -- and probably rather short-lived.

That's such an irrational argument.