PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Phil Jackson: Kobe is emo

Splits
06-01-2013, 02:26 PM
It really sucks that during this long break with only 1 series going that we haven't had more L:lolker threads, especially since The Worst Season Evah has just recently ended. So before Jeannie takes over, hires Phillip as the Veep, Mitch makes people pay, and L:lolker players and fans start predicting 73 wins again let's take a moment to laugh at Kobe.

Kobe Bryant is emotionally fragile. (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1655715-phil-jackson-kobe-bryant-is-very-sensitive-to-criticism)

Often depicted as ruthless and coarse, the Black Mamba is never associated with vulnerability. He's Kobe Bryant; save for losing, nothing gets under his skin.

Oh, except criticism.

Speaking with ESPN Radio's Colin Cowherd, former Lakers coach Phil Jackson conceded that Bryant must be handled with care when being critiqued.

Said Jackson (via Mark Medina of Los Angeles Daily News):

He’s very sensitive. I had to be really careful in criticizing him. I learned immediately as I started to deal with him as a young man how sensitive he was in particular if it was done in a group setting. My criticism was best done if it was in my office or alone.

Not that we thought Bryant was truly made of ice or anything, but his sensitivity pertaining to outside perceptions is shocking.

Even now, Bryant appears to be battling inner demons. Though he comes across as confident and fearless—and slightly arrogant—there are traces of self-doubt in some of his words.

Allergic to losing and programmed with an inherent need to emulate perfection, Bryant wages war against himself just like everyone else. Especially now.

Is he too old to succeed? Too broken-down to win? Is his career over? Those are sensitive topics for Bryant. We know this.

Defects, innate or not, are imperfections; imperfections are a sign of weakness. Bryant doesn't want to be remembered as weak or feeble.

Discuss.

Splits
06-01-2013, 02:36 PM
God dammit, already posted. Guess I have to find something else to laugh at L:lolkers. Shouldn't be hard, brb tbqh fwiw

Thebesteva
06-01-2013, 02:38 PM
God dammit, already posted. Guess I have to find something else to laugh at L:lolkers. Shouldn't be hard, brb tbqh fwiw

I posted this already but its ok we can talk about it again if you want

Baseline
06-01-2013, 04:07 PM
K. Bryant is a overrated, pampered player who has no concept of team play and cares only about himself? That's breaking news.

Killakobe81
06-01-2013, 05:47 PM
Meh, MJ is too have you HEARD his HOF speech?
Not a big deal but have fun if you want with it ...help Phil sell his books.

lefty
06-01-2013, 06:03 PM
MJ was an asshole, he flew that dude who got his spot in HS to his HOF speech for fuck sake :lol

"Ladies and Gentelmen, look at this fucking loser POS scrub ... look at him ! he motivated me "

Killakobe81
06-01-2013, 06:07 PM
MJ was an asshole, he flew that dude who got his spot in HS to his HOF speech for fuck sake :lol

"Ladies and Gentelmen, look at this fucking loser POS scrub ... look at him ! he motivated me "

I know funny and sad ...
But
Achilles copied the asshole behavior from MJ too ...

Clipper Nation
06-01-2013, 06:20 PM
MJ was and is a narcissist for sure, but to say he had no idea of team play is laughable.... he actually worked on being LESS selfish over the years, something Kirby will never seriously do....

Killakobe81
06-01-2013, 06:26 PM
MJ was and is a narcissist for sure, but to say he had no idea of team play is laughable.... he actually worked on being LESS selfish over the years, something Kirby will never seriously do....

Who is arguing that? We know you hate Kirby so not much credibility ... besides Achilles tried the same shit just was less successful he is just not as good as Mj there either ...

xellos88330
06-01-2013, 06:48 PM

I don't think this topic could be posted enough tbh.

td4mvp2k
06-01-2013, 06:56 PM
kobe w/o a shaq or gasol is a loser said phil