PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker interview

barakz21
06-01-2013, 06:23 PM
http://www.projectspurs.com/2013-articles/may/video-parker-on-winning-the-title-for-duncan.html

Nice short interview of TP, with some of the excerpts as well. TP pointed out that TD always had his back when he was new to the team, and I remember seeing those a lot during his 1st and 2nd years. When he gets yelled at by Pop, TD would always talk to him afterwards. When he does something great, TD is the first to give him a tap on the head. I just can't imagine the spurs without those 2, along with Pop and Manu...

capek
06-01-2013, 06:29 PM
David was to Timmy what Timmy is and has been to Tony, it's really been a joy to watch as a fan. :tu

barakz21
06-01-2013, 06:41 PM
David was to Timmy what Timmy is and has been to Tony, it's really been a joy to watch as a fan. :tu

I agree. I've always been a TD fan, first and foremost. But this year and the last, I've become a geniune TP fan, not just a fan simply because he's a spur. His progression from a whipping boy to a scoring guard to a legit superstar/franchise player is really something to behold.

TheGoldStandard
06-01-2013, 07:00 PM
Tony Parker has made strides every year to be a better player and he's actually shown it this playoff. He hasn't collapsed, he's tried to do his share and more and he hasn't been deterred to get into the paint and shoot or dish the ball. It is an honor as a Spurs fan that we have these kinds of players on our team, guys that will ride with us until its there time to shine and then seize the opportunity. I am a huge fan of Tim but Tony Parker has earned the respect of many fans over with his constant improvement and will to win.

barakz21
06-01-2013, 07:45 PM
Tony Parker has made strides every year to be a better player and he's actually shown it this playoff. He hasn't collapsed, he's tried to do his share and more and he hasn't been deterred to get into the paint and shoot or dish the ball. It is an honor as a Spurs fan that we have these kinds of players on our team, guys that will ride with us until its there time to shine and then seize the opportunity. I am a huge fan of Tim but Tony Parker has earned the respect of many fans over with his constant improvement and will to win.

I seriously don't understand the TP hate tbh. Yeah, sure he goes heroball once in a while. But so does Manu and TD. But they get a pass, and I don't see why TP doesn't. The guy basically played all his career in SA, and took some paycut. That and the fact that he helped the Spurs win championships along the way. Sure, he was shaky in the 03 finals, and not too good in the 05 one, but the Spurs would never have gotten there without Tony. That's why it's called a team sport, when one's not playing too well, the others pick up the slack.

TheGoldStandard
06-01-2013, 08:38 PM
I seriously don't understand the TP hate tbh. Yeah, sure he goes heroball once in a while. But so does Manu and TD. But they get a pass, and I don't see why TP doesn't. The guy basically played all his career in SA, and took some paycut. That and the fact that he helped the Spurs win championships along the way. Sure, he was shaky in the 03 finals, and not too good in the 05 one, but the Spurs would never have gotten there without Tony. That's why it's called a team sport, when one's not playing too well, the others pick up the slack.

The biggest beef people have with Parker is that he tends to disappear in critical moments, he gets hesitant to attack in critical moments or goes completely cold. It's not a big deal but he's the straw that stirs the drink, his offense and/or passing makes us 10 times better. He's actually played well in the playoffs this year and the minutes have been good for him, he's been gassed a few times but others have stepped up to help.

Brazil
06-01-2013, 10:40 PM
:tu

barakz21
06-01-2013, 10:47 PM
Yeah, I get the "choke" part. But for the most part, TD and Manu get a pass when they suck, but TP doesn't. And to be fair, TP's two poor playoff performances early in his career, were against Kidd and Billups. Those guys were basically better than him at that point, plus more experienced. Can't exactly blame him for not producing when defenses are focused on stopping him and the 4 other guys on the court don't make shots. I'm not saying he doesn't choke. I just think some people are just being too critical of him. But I guess that's water under the bridge now. He's proven himself to be a legit superstar.