PDA

View Full Version : Duncan vs. Kobe. Best of their generation.

HemisfairArena
06-01-2013, 09:08 PM
Laker forums want to try and take away from Duncan making the Finals again because Kobe didnt and posting polls...and now ESPN is also. GTFO!! Duncan is the best player of his generation. FACT! You would have to be a moron to take Kobe over Duncan. Duncan is the best ever at his position, never lost in the Finals, more regular season MVP's, averaging a career double/double, more effeciency, ect...

100%duncan
06-01-2013, 09:10 PM
For fucks sake stop trying to be Lakersground.

Seventyniner
06-01-2013, 09:19 PM
For fucks sake stop trying to be Lakersground.

Not quite; the Lakersground equivalent would be Duncan vs Russell.

100%duncan
06-01-2013, 09:32 PM
Not quite; the Lakersground equivalent would be Duncan vs Russell.

No. They have the exact same poll there.

HemisfairArena
06-01-2013, 09:58 PM
Who the fk are you 100% Duncan? A closet Laker/Kobe fan.

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-01-2013, 10:05 PM
Unanimous vote for Duncan so far, but........come on, it's a Spurs forum

DeadlyDynasty
06-01-2013, 10:07 PM
One more title and one less cucking...i'ma hafta go with Bean here

Seventyniner
06-01-2013, 10:50 PM

Strange, actually. I'd figure they would have Russell far ahead of Duncan and Kobe a hair behind (or ahead, lol) of Jordan. Here, I'd expect the opposite: Jordan >>>>>>>>> Kobe and gnsfs trying to draw parallels between Duncan and Russell.

I will say this, though, Kobe is the closest thing to Jordan since Jordan, and Duncan is the closest thing to Russell since Russell.

Rogue
06-02-2013, 12:12 AM
it's hard to tell who's better imho. both head-and-shoulders above the rest (in terms of both their influences and the successes they've each achieved, dirk might be just as good individually but his team always held him back). they have 9 rings combined, and only allowed 4 titles to go elsewhere since the beginning of the 21st century until the emergence of Miami Dynasty, which's amazing

dbreiden83080
06-02-2013, 12:14 AM
Duncan needs the 5th chip

With it there is no doubt IMO..

100%duncan
06-02-2013, 12:37 AM
Strange, actually. I'd figure they would have Russell far ahead of Duncan and Kobe a hair behind (or ahead, lol) of Jordan. Here, I'd expect the opposite: Jordan >>>>>>>>> Kobe and gnsfs trying to draw parallels between Duncan and Russell.

I will say this, though, Kobe is the closest thing to Jordan since Jordan, and Duncan is the closest thing to Russell since Russell.

:lol Bill Russell
:lol dominating a league with what? 6-10 teams? :lol

Bill Russell shouldn't even be in the GOAT considerations tbh. :lol

DMC
06-02-2013, 01:02 AM

The same people post on both forums and you can tell because the same threads are started on both.

They have a lot of spare time to talk about meaningless shit over there right now. Here we should be talking about the Spurs, the Heat and the Pacers. No one else.

dbreiden83080
06-02-2013, 01:04 AM
:lol Bill Russell
:lol dominating a league with what? 6-10 teams? :lol

Bill Russell shouldn't even be in the GOAT considerations tbh. :lol

He should be but his greatness is overrated. I have seen tons of footage on Russell the idea that he is better than the likes of Hakeem or Duncan or Shaq is laughable. He played in a different era..

100%duncan
06-02-2013, 01:04 AM
The same people post on both forums and you can tell because the same threads are started on both.

They have a lot of spare time to talk about meaningless shit over there right now. Here we should be talking about the Spurs, the Heat and the Pacers. No one else.

Fucking annoying tbh. Ofcourse you're gonna get Kobe there and Timmy here, but it's aight if they talk bout this there because their franchise is fucked up for the next 5 years anyway, but we in the finals man. This long period between game 1 is definitely sucking the life out of us here upstairs.

100%duncan
06-02-2013, 01:06 AM
He should be but his greatness is overrated. I have seen tons of footage on Russell the idea that he is better than the likes of Hakeem or Duncan or Shaq is laughable. He played in a different era..

He didn't have to fucking jump then. :lol And his team was stacked as hell in a world when there were just few people who can actually ball.

dbreiden83080
06-02-2013, 01:12 AM
He didn't have to fucking jump then. :lol And his team was stacked as hell in a world when there were just few people who can actually ball.

Anyone who thinks you put Tim Duncan on those Celts and they don't win 11 chips is a homer and an idiot.. Tim might win 5 in this era of insane expansion and ridiculous athletes...

100%duncan
06-02-2013, 01:14 AM
Anyone who thinks you put Tim Duncan on those Celts and they don't win 11 chips is a homer and an idiot.. Tim might win 5 in this era of insane expansion and ridiculous athletes...

That's why Bill Fucking Russell is the most overrated old fuck of all time.

L.I.T
06-02-2013, 01:17 AM
GNSF Wasteland.

DOS CHAINZ
06-02-2013, 01:30 AM
What a BIAS forum! KOBE >

DMC
06-02-2013, 02:10 AM
Fucking annoying tbh. Ofcourse you're gonna get Kobe there and Timmy here, but it's aight if they talk bout this there because their franchise is fucked up for the next 5 years anyway, but we in the finals man. This long period between game 1 is definitely sucking the life out of us here upstairs.

Meh take it in stride. Enjoy the Spurs at the top while it lasts. This rest and healing is priceless. Sure they'll be rusty but they'll still have legs in the 4th and we've seen a few OT games this post season to say the least.

DMC
06-02-2013, 02:11 AM
Russell, like all players, should be judged by his time period. I never liked the "all time list". You cannot do that and make it mean anything.

Asif Ali Zardari
06-02-2013, 02:56 AM
Most reputable sources and most NBA players and coaches would take Kobe over Duncan.

Duncan is still 2nd best though. No shame in finishing 2nd for the generation, just like finishing 2nd in the heart of his wife.

Arcadian
06-02-2013, 03:09 AM
:lol Only a fucking moron would take Kobe over Duncan as your franchise player. Duncan is the best two-way player since Hakeem Olajuwon and Michael Jordan, and he is widely considered top 5 to 10 all time. Kobe is borderline top 15 all time.

Even just in general, you should pretty much always take a forward/center over a guard.