PDA

View Full Version : The Pacers will be very tired if they emerge as the winner in Game 7.

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-01-2013, 10:55 PM
They'd have flown to Miami, back to Indianapolis, back to Miami, and then on to San Antonio in a relatively short period of time.

The Spurs would not have to travel to Miami, would get the first two games at home, and would also be coming off of 9 days of rest.

The fatigue factor could be a real advantage for the Spurs.

hater
06-01-2013, 11:00 PM
they'll be tired after game 7 but they'll have tghe whole summer to recover.

Heat Spurs finals. its a done deal

Duncan2177
06-01-2013, 11:03 PM
They'd have flown to Miami, back to Indianapolis, back to Miami, and then on to San Antonio in a relatively short period of time.

(That's assuming the Pacers don't travel back to Indianapolis in between the end of the Eastern conference finals and the Finals in San Antonio, if so, that would add even more traveling.)

The Spurs would not have to travel to Miami, would get the first two games at home, and would also be coming off of 9 days of rest.

The fatigue factor could be a real advantage for the Spurs.

It will be a big advantage for the spurs. Book it

BatManu20
06-01-2013, 11:16 PM

m33p0
06-01-2013, 11:20 PM
you think they'd care that they just played a game 7? these kids will be pumped playing in the Finals!

... nah i'm talking about the pacers!

dbreiden83080
06-01-2013, 11:25 PM
At this point I really think we want the Heat... Wade is lost out there and Bosh just sucks. Tim will kill this team in the post WTH are they going to do with him down there? If Wade can't find himself they can't score enough points to beat the Spurs. I actually think the Pacers will be tougher to beat because of their size and they are healthy..

Sean Cagney
06-01-2013, 11:30 PM

I agree with you, and to the OP the Heat will be tired too so... Both teams would be tired.

Aztecfan03
06-01-2013, 11:32 PM

You realize this part is true word for word for the heat too, right?

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-01-2013, 11:57 PM
You realize this part is true word for word for the heat too, right?

No - if the Heat win, they start the Finals at their own home court. They wouldn't have to travel to San Antonio until Game 3.

Aztecfan03
06-02-2013, 12:20 AM
oh yeah. either way though, the opposing team will have a couple days rest and have done similar amounts of travelling.

dbreiden83080
06-02-2013, 12:23 AM
No they won't they have 3 days off.. I give anyone the edge in game 1 with too much time off for the Spurs.

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-02-2013, 12:25 AM
No they won't they have 3 days off.. I give anyone the edge in game 1 with too much time off for the Spurs.

By that logic, would you prefer the Heat to have swept the Pacers 4-0 while the Spurs took 7 games to defeat the Grizzlies?

Too much time off for the Heat then, right?

Rogue
06-02-2013, 12:37 AM
its' not like miami had relentless stamina either. their squad is even older than spurs and they've already showed tiredness in this series. bron will be bron but he can't fight the spurs on himself imho.

on the other hand, spurs have their own concerns. miami series going to 7 means the spurs get extra resting time, but too much rest ain't gonna be a good thing. it's gonna take time for them to get re-adapted to the high-intensity of the game and you won't know how long it's gonna take. Heat ain't the warriors and you can't make any mistake against them

100%duncan
06-02-2013, 12:38 AM
They won't beat the Heat. As much as I want them to, they won't.

DOS CHAINZ
06-02-2013, 01:10 AM
Both teams will be TIRED & Wade's knees will not getting better with an extra day of rest.

Budkin
06-02-2013, 01:10 AM
They won't beat the Heat. As much as I want them to, they won't.

Game 7 road victories are rare things in the NBA. Just how it is.

100%duncan
06-02-2013, 01:12 AM
Game 7 road victories are rare things in the NBA. Just how it is.

:cry 2006 :cry

:lol

on the serious, I just can't see LeBron losing this. I would definitely love for it to happen but I just don't see it.

Budkin
06-02-2013, 01:17 AM
:cry 2006 :cry

:lol

on the serious, I just can't see LeBron losing this. I would definitely love for it to happen but I just don't see it.

Same. Then again the Heat were supposed to meet us in 2005 and lost Game 7 to the Pistons so you never know.

angelbelow
06-02-2013, 02:41 AM
They don't really have a bench either. Their starters will be playing 40+ again if they make it to the finals.

Warlord23
06-02-2013, 06:51 AM
They don't really have a bench either. Their starters will be playing 40+ again if they make it to the finals.

Exactly. And 2 of the starters (Hill and Stephenson) are very inconsistent. With only 3 consistent weapons they are not getting out of Miami with a game 7 win. At least 2 out of Wade, Bosh, Haslem, Chalmers will show up next game. The only way Miami can lose is if Lebron has a stinker, but that's not likely to happen

tmtcsc
06-02-2013, 09:35 AM
I wouldn't jump to any conclusions regarding the Heat or the Pacers. When the Finals begin, everything starts over in terms of match-ups and focus. Last year the Celtics took the Heat to 7 games but they looked like the healthier, hungrier team against OKC.

All that being said, I love how focused and determined the Spurs are right now. This is really fun. After 6 years, the city of San Antonio seems to have emerged from its "ho-hum, another Finals" attitude too. We certainly got used to our boys winning the Chip every other year. I've seen more flags on cars this year than in years past. Pretty cool.

LoveMySpurs
06-02-2013, 05:47 PM
At this point I really think we want the Heat... Wade is lost out there and Bosh just sucks. Tim will kill this team in the post WTH are they going to do with him down there? If Wade can't find himself they can't score enough points to beat the Spurs. I actually think the Pacers will be tougher to beat because of their size and they are healthy..

After watching the Pacer/Heat series, I think we could do well against either. The last couple of games weren't anything we haven't already seen before. Think I'd rather play the Heat since they are having so many internal issues we stand a better chance of winning, but I'd like to play the Pacers so we wouldn't be getting LaBron and Co. shoved down our throats for the next two weeks.

tmtcsc
06-02-2013, 06:04 PM
Ah fuck it. We're beating whoever we play. This Spurs team is ready to go.

3 Legged Dog
06-02-2013, 09:01 PM
The Heatles are already tired. Surely, they too will be tired after game 7. After all, the Pacers are a younger team than Miami. Considerably younger.