PDA

View Full Version : Pacers: Is Hibbert a Stud?

FuzzyLumpkins
06-01-2013, 10:56 PM
or is the Heat interior defense that bad. Once they get it to him on the roll or in the post its over. It's nice to see a big man dominate with size again in the NBA. But Miami has a marshmallow interior.

Clipper Nation
06-01-2013, 10:57 PM
He dominated against Tyson Chandler last series, so it's not all on the Heat's defense, Hibbert's just good....

siraulo23
06-01-2013, 11:00 PM
haslem/anthony/birdman arent horrible defenders

i believe he was doing this last season as well, this season up until the POs, he was playing with an injured wrist per TNT

so yes he's got that post game working

Splits
06-01-2013, 11:04 PM
He's a stud (no homo)

https://vine.co/v/b3ZBPAQUhD3

Rogue
06-01-2013, 11:08 PM
dude got the talent and the pacers are the right team for him. not sure if he would've been nearly as successful somewhere else though

Spurs9
06-01-2013, 11:10 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing him a spur after Timmy retires

dg7md
06-01-2013, 11:17 PM
Hibbert is the best center in the league, bar none. Dwight might have the best skillset but he doesn't have the drive and pure game of Hibbert. Plus, Hibber won't kill your team.

dbreiden83080
06-01-2013, 11:23 PM
IF the Heat advance Put Timmy in the post and go to work..

They won't be able to do anything about it whatsoever.

DeadlyDynasty
06-01-2013, 11:55 PM
At first I was skeptical but his game has evolved right before our eyes. Sure, his post moves are better, but he has great hands and a soft touch around the rim. Looks like he has staying power so long as he stays healthy. Him and George are very likeable players.

BatManu20
06-02-2013, 12:01 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing him a spur after Timmy retires

He just signed a 4 year extension last year soooooo no.

DMC
06-02-2013, 12:05 AM
Hibbert is a stud, nevermind what the other team is doing. Dude never gets any press (like others we know) but he's head and shoulders above bastard maker in LA. That hook shot is deadly, he needs to perfect it because it's Dirkishly unstoppable. Imagine if the Pacers could land a Pau Gasol, those two in the paint with their soft hands and ability to finish high would make them Western Conference worthy.

lefty
06-02-2013, 02:42 AM
If you Motherfuckers watched the Pacers you would know he is a stud

jdiggy0424
06-02-2013, 02:44 AM
:lol

jdiggy0424
06-02-2013, 02:45 AM
Hes good, but thank the Heats undersized team for making him look better than he is

bulakenyo
06-02-2013, 03:45 AM
He gets in way too deep post position, a little too easy sometimes, for playoff standards.

I like how he's old school geeky enough to add the ambidextrous high release hook shot in his arsenal.
I know he's been tinkering and toying with that move since is rookie year, but it still pleasantly surprises me whenever he use it. Especially with those drop step/reverse pivot/shoulder fake moves before the shot.

dunkman
06-02-2013, 04:13 AM
They are a team built to beat the Heat. From Hibbert that's very effective near the basket, to West that prevents Miami from playing small ball, then George that a great defensive player with nice shot and driving, to Stephenson that's strong and good defensively, to Hill that handles the ball well, shots well and is large enough to defend on switches - not sure the Spurs will matchup that well vs the Heat, or that the Pacers would make the Spurs that much problems.

About Hibbert when he gets the ball near the basket its over, so the double. But Hibbert makes it complicated, because he passes well and the Pacers rotate the ball to find the open man.

TE
06-02-2013, 04:49 AM
Hibbert is an easy player to root for...now even more so for his YOLO-like post-game interview responses...

naico
06-02-2013, 04:53 AM
Hibbert is the best center in the league, bar none. Dwight might have the best skillset but he doesn't have the drive and pure game of Hibbert. Plus, Hibber won't kill your team.

Euhm what?!

dg7md
06-02-2013, 05:00 AM
Euhm what?!

Well, I mean that when Dwight is rolling, he's an unstoppable beast unlike any center in the league today. He can take over games when he wants to but he is too big of a liability on offense, but the can be amazing when he wants to be. Too bad he's not a team player.

I'd still take Hibbert over him though, easily.

Spursmania
06-02-2013, 07:59 AM

romsey31
06-02-2013, 12:15 PM

Lmao. Post of the year:blah

whitemamba
06-02-2013, 12:18 PM
i cant imagine how much better he would be if he lost some weight and became more mobile...

scroteface
06-02-2013, 12:21 PM

lol retard

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-02-2013, 12:35 PM
lol retard

Hibbert played like dogshit in the regular season (:lol 7'2" and shooting below 45% from the field). He's had two straight great matchups in the playoffs that don't make him expend any energy on defense. Tyson Chandler was banged up and wasn't any kind of pick and roll threat. If the Philibeaner was competent enough to use Bosh's athleticism advantage and iso him against Hibbert, Hibbert would be having a much different series.

StrengthAndHonor
06-02-2013, 12:43 PM
ClipperNation, you should check Hibberts AS game season split, while his numbers were nothing to write home about, he was at 17 ppg and shooting 50% from the field :lol

Bill_Brasky
06-02-2013, 12:44 PM
Hibbert's a beast.

StrengthAndHonor
06-02-2013, 12:49 PM
Hibbert also played well against Chandle. While Hibbert is not in Dwights league, he's still a championship level big man simply because he does everything well. Great soft touch, big body that knows how to box out, can make FT's, adequate shot blocker and pulls offensive boards well.

But his numbers against the Heat are inflated. His ceiling is 19 and 11 tbh.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-02-2013, 01:57 PM
ClipperNation, you should check Hibberts AS game season split, while his numbers were nothing to write home about, he was at 17 ppg and shooting 50% from the field :lol
I like how you think I'm Clipper Nation because you're convinced there's no way two different people could consider your opinions retarded.

Cry Havoc
06-02-2013, 01:59 PM
He dominated against Tyson Chandler last series, so it's not all on the Heat's defense, Hibbert's just good....

I don't know about dominated. He played well, but averaging 13-10 for a series isn't exactly dominating. He had one really outstanding game of 24/12, but other than that his performances were just "good".

14 and 9 against the Hawks... I'm not sure one good series is enough to anoint this guy as the next great big. Yet.

That said, he has the tools. It will depend on if he can continue to utilize them into next season.

StrengthAndHonor
06-02-2013, 02:01 PM
I like how you think I'm Clipper Nation because you're convinced there's no way two different people could consider your opinions retarded.

You gave Hibbert's numbers when he had wrist injury to prove he's not as good completely ignoring his numbers post AS break to prove your always shitty takes. :lol You're OG account is as horrible as your troll one.

:lolShitty social life.
:loltalking to himself on the internet:lol