View Full Version : Tony Larussa

IcemanCometh
07-13-2005, 02:16 AM
you're a douche bag

Sense
07-13-2005, 03:04 AM
Why's that?

Because they lost?

You don't happen to be a fan of a national team now?

T Park
07-13-2005, 11:53 AM
lol

typical intelligence from this dumbfuck.

Yeah he shouldve started Dontrelle no question, Dontrelle was NAILS.

BTW what did Carpenter do??

Oh yeah, shutout inning.

One of the couple pitchers on the NL squad to do that.

Him, Brad Lidge, Roger Clemens.

Other than that, Oswalt sucked, Smoltz got wacked.

Dontrelle got the shit kicked out of him.

Once again, how was this Tony La Russa's fault exactly?

Sense
07-13-2005, 12:30 PM
it's a fucking all-star game, they had no fuckin time to prepare, and he had to play everyone.

of course it's not his fault..

King
07-13-2005, 02:42 PM
I would've actually started Clemens over Dontrelle. Clemens is having the better season.

T Park
07-13-2005, 04:41 PM
I would've actually started Clemens over Dontrelle. Clemens is having the better season.

except Dontrelle didnt start the game either.

Chris Carpenter did.

One of the couple of pitchers that DIDN'T allow a run.

fuckin Oswalt.

2centsworth
07-13-2005, 05:07 PM
If you use who is having the best year Clemens deserved to start. however, st. louis had the most at stake so larusa deserved to go with whomever he thought could start the game off better. apparently, he was right though clemens would have done just as well.

King
07-13-2005, 05:08 PM
except Dontrelle didnt start the game either.

Chris Carpenter did.

One of the couple of pitchers that DIDN'T allow a run.

fuckin Oswalt.

I understand, but you said you would've started Dontrelle. I was stating I would've started Clemens over anyone else, if I had the choice.

N.Y. Johnny
07-14-2005, 09:12 PM
LaRussa is a damn fine manager, one of the best in the last few years.
Losing the All Star game wasn't his fault.

T Park
07-15-2005, 02:56 AM
but you said you would've started Dontrelle

no, i wouldve kept Carpenter in there for more than 1 inning.

3 innings the minimum.

Its a freakin meaningfull game, go and WIN IT!!!

Carp
Clemens
Lidge
Isringhausen
Cordero
Wagner

shouldve pitched, Thats it.

Fuckin Oswalt, Willis and Smoltz.

Good job.

Don Michael Corleone
07-17-2005, 02:49 AM
no, i wouldve kept Carpenter in there for more than 1 inning.

3 innings the minimum.

Its a freakin meaningfull game, go and WIN IT!!!

Carp
Clemens
Lidge
Isringhausen
Cordero
Wagner

shouldve pitched, Thats it.

Fuckin Oswalt, Willis and Smoltz.

Good job.

People need to stop bad mouthing Tony right now. He is a damn fine mngr.

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-17-2005, 11:31 AM
Yeah, Willis REALLY sucked.

Oh my God. That gave up hits. To All-Stars. Hits!

It was Vlad Guerrero standing in the box on the first hit.

I mean, he only let Teixiera hit his home run on a 9-pitch AB on a pitch that Tex just got a clean hold of (it wasn't like he grooved one down the middle of the plate).

It was Pudge taking a 10-pitch walk, it wasn't like Dontrelle threw four at his eye level and Pudge didn't swing.

You're such a non-homer homer and for God's sake you sure don't know baseball.

Hindsight's 20/20 and you have the best back-ass vision out of all of us.

If you're Jack McKeon and you have to start one game this season, who do you start?

If you're Bobby Cox and you have to start one game this season, who do you start?

If you're Phil Garner and have to win TWO games, who do you start after Clemens?

That's right, so shut the fuck up on shit you only look back on you Monday Morning Quarterback.

T Park
07-18-2005, 02:19 AM
I see Dontrelle had another fantastic outing.

Nah hes not overrated......

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-18-2005, 10:49 AM
http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/stats/mlb_individual_player_gamebygamelog.jsp?playerID=4 25883&statType=2

Oh, yes. SO overrated.

Of course I wouldn't want a pitcher who is 13-5 with a 2.83 ERA.

Of course I wouldn't want a guy who, on most nights, lets my bullpen get more rest than they normally might.

Of course I wouldn't want a guy who is 37-22 with an ERA under 3.50 lifetime.

Of course I wouldn't want a guy who has a WHIP of 1.29 lifetime.

Yeah, he's pretty overrated.

You know, there's not a guy on the Cardinals I don't like. Edmonds and Pujols are two of my favorite players.

But damn, you're starting to want to make me root against them just so we don't have to hear your shitty, homer-rific baseball takes.

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-18-2005, 10:59 AM
Let's just break this down some more...

Month of April:

5 Starts, 4 Quality Starts. (The fifth game was a five-inning rainout in which he gave up three hits and 0 ER and he pitched all five innings)

Month of May:

5 Starts, 5 Quality Starts. Went 3-2 and gave up eight ER over his five starts that month.

Month of June:

6 Starts, 4 Quality Starts. Went 4-1 with one ND.

Month of July:

3 Starts, 1 Quality Start. This is his one bad stretch.

Yes, VERY overrated.

Guru of Nothing
07-18-2005, 03:48 PM
http://redbirdnation.blogspot.com/denkinger295x374.jpg

T Park
07-25-2005, 07:23 PM
But damn, you're starting to want to make me root against them just so we don't have to hear your shitty, homer-rific baseball takes

Who are you gonna root for......

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-25-2005, 08:05 PM
Same team I've rooted for since I started following baseball 14-15 years ago - the Braves.

And to a lesser extent, the Mariners.

T Park
07-27-2005, 02:44 AM
Same team I've rooted for since I started following baseball 14-15 years ago - the Braves.

Ahh.

Then this season will be no different.

Great season, division championship, ousted in first round.....

Oh well....

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-28-2005, 01:02 PM
Ahh.

Then this season will be no different.

Great season, division championship, ousted in first round.....

Oh well....

For somebody whose team has won just as many WS in the time they've been alive as me, that statement doesn't mean much.

Oh, yeah...

http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/images/2005/08/27/edoNeXnC.jpg

18-8, 2.61 ERA, 6 CG, 5 SHO, 1.12 WHIP

Say it with me now.

Don-trelle Will-is, CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP

Don-trelle Will-is, CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP

FromWayDowntown
08-28-2005, 01:13 PM
Tony LaRussa is the Phil Jackson of major league baseball . . . . just without all of those trifling championships.

Of course, at least Phil's talent-laden teams usually get it done at championship time. LaRussa's teams have been swept in two World Series and unmercifully punked by a far inferior Dodgers team in another. And those epic losses to Atlanta in 1996, when LaRussa's Cardinals were up 3 games to 1 and lost 14-0, 3-1, and 15-0 were further evidence of the guy's brilliance in the clutch.

I take back my original statement, Tony LaRussa couldn't hold Phil Jackson's jock.

Duff McCartney
08-31-2005, 03:57 PM
Tony LaRussa is the Phil Jackson of major league baseball . . . . just without all of those trifling championships.

Of course, at least Phil's talent-laden teams usually get it done at championship time. LaRussa's teams have been swept in two World Series and unmercifully punked by a far inferior Dodgers team in another. And those epic losses to Atlanta in 1996, when LaRussa's Cardinals were up 3 games to 1 and lost 14-0, 3-1, and 15-0 were further evidence of the guy's brilliance in the clutch.

I take back my original statement, Tony LaRussa couldn't hold Phil Jackson's jock.

I remember somebody saying shit about Larussa and the steroids scandal. Somebody was saying that if anybody is coming out the loser in the steroids scandal, it's Larussa.

He had a juiced up Canseco and a juiced up McGwire in Oakland and he still could only win one title with them.

Yep that sounds about right.

T Park
09-02-2005, 02:28 PM
its his fault that the Oakland team's lost??
Uhhh alright.

And those epic losses to Atlanta in 1996, when LaRussa's Cardinals were up 3 games to 1 and lost 14-0, 3-1, and 15-0 were further evidence of the guy's brilliance in the clutch.

So its LaRussa's fault that the pitching went to shit??

Another intersting concept.

FromWayDowntown
09-02-2005, 08:50 PM
It's funny, the one common denominator in all of those collapses is, uh, LaRussa. I mean, the guys who you think choked in Oakland (absolving LaRussa of guilt, despite the fact that his team was undeniably the most talented team in the major leagues from 1988 through 1991) weren't the same guys who choked in St. Louis in 1996 and again in 2004. It's probably not just some irony that two completely different LaRussa-led teams got swept in the World Series and that, in each case, LaRussa's team was arguably the more talented bunch.

LaRussa is a great regular season manager; his teams win and that cannot be denied. If I had to win one regular season game, LaRussa might be the guy I chose to manage my team. But if I had to win one World Series game, I can think of many managers who are better qualified to accomplish that task than LaRussa. His World Series teams have been poorly handled and that's why they don't win.

T Park
09-02-2005, 09:44 PM
blah blah blah.

Tony LaRussa is easily the best manager the Cardinals have EVER seen.

I trust my father on that when he backs me up as he lived there and watched the great teams of 67 80.