PDA

View Full Version : Pacers: What's wring with "no homo"?

rayjayjohnson
06-02-2013, 07:19 AM
Hibbert just wants to make sure people don't think he's a dirty bender.

I'm 100% behind him. No homo.

J.T.
06-02-2013, 07:22 AM
Bad for business in the post-Jason Collins NBA tbh

Trainwreck2100
06-02-2013, 07:39 AM
They are going to have to end their sentences like this from now on. "My previous quote could be construde in a homosexual manner, it should be noted that is not the case"

100%duncan
06-02-2013, 07:43 AM
What's wring?

mudyez
06-02-2013, 07:49 AM
Stern will suspend him for game 7, just to be safe.

rayjayjohnson
06-02-2013, 07:57 AM

What's wring?

Wrong. Stupid ipad

100%duncan
06-02-2013, 08:15 AM
Wrong. Stupid ipad

:lol just messing with ya nigga

On the serious, there's nothing wrong bout what hibbert said, society today is just sensitive as pu$$eh

TE
06-02-2013, 08:54 AM
Tbh nothing is wrong with it, I hope for all of humanity...

capek
06-02-2013, 08:58 AM
They are going to have to end their sentences like this from now on. "My previous quote could be construde in a homosexual manner, it should be noted that is not the case"

:lol exactly. That's the content of the tag "no homo," that's all it means. I fully expect it to get blown all out of proportion and get a lot of airtime though.

Malice
06-02-2013, 09:16 AM
Its so bad ESPN decided to "bleep" his no homo comment this morning...must suck to be mickey mouse's bitch.

Captivus
06-02-2013, 09:45 AM
Stern will suspend him for game 7, just to be safe.

:lolThat would be too obvious.

StrengthAndHonor
06-02-2013, 09:51 AM
This is easily a 100k fine.

Durant82
06-02-2013, 10:03 AM
Kobe cusses like a sailor at the media, if Hibbert gets in trouble for this it's about as hypocritical as the NBA has ever been.

ffadicted
06-02-2013, 10:11 AM
I'm confused what happened lol

m33p0
06-02-2013, 10:22 AM
I'm confused what happened lol

he said "lebron was stretching me out. no homo."

m33p0
06-02-2013, 10:23 AM
and then he dropped the MF bomb :lol

Mal
06-02-2013, 10:23 AM
If league desides to fine him, they should tell which homo was touched by this.

ffadicted
06-02-2013, 10:27 AM
he said "lebron was stretching me out. no homo."

lmaaao

jeebus
06-02-2013, 10:46 AM
Stern's gonna fine him for not being gay. Just watch.

DMX7
06-02-2013, 10:55 AM
He apologized

DMC
06-02-2013, 11:09 AM

Construde?

StrengthAndHonor
06-02-2013, 11:15 AM
Stern's gonna fine him for not being gay. Just watch.

Its funny because the league is really turning gay tbh. Its only a matter of time before NBA creates an NBA We care commercial for they Gay community.

TDfan2007
06-02-2013, 11:16 AM
Construde?

Kind of a douchey rhetorical question, don't you think?

Bill_Brasky
06-02-2013, 11:24 AM
Nothing really, though i will admit it should probably be used more in a casual setting :lol

Oh well, he'll get a fine and it'll be like ten bucks to him. Oops.

Trainwreck2100
06-02-2013, 12:07 PM
Construde?

Shit don't have to be spelled right when it's in quotes tbqh

DMC
06-02-2013, 01:21 PM
Kind of a douchey rhetorical question, don't you think?

Yes, that's the point.

DMC
06-02-2013, 01:22 PM
Shit don't have to be spelled right when it's in quotes tbqh

lol

Killakobe81
06-02-2013, 05:09 PM
No homo is not a slur especially since homo is short for homosexual...shit needs to be looked at in context. If he said Bosh is playing like a homo then yes tatis a slur. But saying no homo is not a slur its just used as slang to make hit dat sounds gay when u say it alright in urban settings. Hibbert a real nigg AND MD should not have 2apologize.

Bosh could come out and say he is gay no issue. If Wade says I'm not gay again no issue.
LeBron says you two guys playing like fags, queers or homos then there is an issue.

Killakobe81
06-02-2013, 05:09 PM
Even if that is true ... LOL

Thebesteva
06-02-2013, 05:10 PM

Gays have taken over the media....it used to be cool 10 years ago when Eminem would say faggot....now its a career ender

JamStone
06-02-2013, 05:32 PM
No homo is not a slur especially since homo is short for homosexual...shit needs to be looked at in context. If he said Bosh is playing like a homo then yes tatis a slur. But saying no homo is not a slur its just used as slang to make hit dat sounds gay when u say it alright in urban settings. Hibbert a real nigg AND MD should not have 2apologize.

Bosh could come out and say he is gay no issue. If Wade says I'm not gay again no issue.
LeBron says you two guys playing like fags, queers or homos then there is an issue.

It doesn't matter that "homo" is short for homosexual. Abbreviations of normal and politically correct words do not automatically prevent that abbreviation from becoming derogatory or insensitive. It's generally the history of the use of the word that makes a word such. "Homo" has a history of negative usage and that's why it's considered a derogatory word. At some point, words like "fuck" and "shit" and "bitch" were not vulgar or profane words. But through the history of their usage, those words did become profanity. "Jap" is short for Japanese but the usage of the abbreviation and its negative history has made it a racially insensitive term. Same thing for the word "negro," even though it is a Latin derivative for black. Just because "homo" is short for homosexual, it doesn't mean it can't become derogatory through its use.

I don't think Hibbert had any malicious or insensitive intent when he said it. But it's the world we live in that some things you might say among friends or on an internet messageboard you simply cannot say on nationally televised stage like Hibbert did. I don't think it was a big deal. I thought it was actually funny. But I completely understand why the politically correct police are up in arms. I get why some people might be offended. And Hibbert should have known better.

dg7md
06-02-2013, 06:18 PM
It doesn't matter that "homo" is short for homosexual. Abbreviations of normal and politically correct words do not automatically prevent that abbreviation from becoming derogatory or insensitive. It's generally the history of the use of the word that makes a word such. "Homo" has a history of negative usage and that's why it's considered a derogatory word. At some point, words like "fuck" and "shit" and "bitch" were not vulgar or profane words. But through the history of their usage, those words did become profanity. "Jap" is short for Japanese but the usage of the abbreviation and its negative history has made it a racially insensitive term. Same thing for the word "negro," even though it is a Latin derivative for black. Just because "homo" is short for homosexual, it doesn't mean it can't become derogatory through its use.

I don't think Hibbert had any malicious or insensitive intent when he said it. But it's the world we live in that some things you might say among friends or on an internet messageboard you simply cannot say on nationally televised stage like Hibbert did. I don't think it was a big deal. I thought it was actually funny. But I completely understand why the politically correct police are up in arms. I get why some people might be offended. And Hibbert should have known better.

:toast

Couldn't have said it better myself.

SupremeGuy
06-02-2013, 06:23 PM
Well, thank all the faggots that are always complaining about bs like this.

Killakobe81
06-02-2013, 06:33 PM
Gays have taken over the media....it used to be cool 10 years ago when Eminem would say faggot....now its a career ender

75k for no homo Gtfo

Killakobe81
06-02-2013, 06:36 PM

I get that and was mostly joking especially the Bosh stuff but saying no homo in that context was not a slur ...

The Reckoning
06-02-2013, 06:47 PM
proves that nba players have so much fucking money that they don't care where it goes

fevertrees
06-02-2013, 06:53 PM
This doesn't offend me... again the gay rights cause takes 10 steps back because of this BS politically correct agenda those morons at the LGBT are demanding.

Trill Clinton
06-02-2013, 07:03 PM
think i might give my girl the raw D tonight, no hetero

fevertrees
06-02-2013, 07:12 PM
think i might give my girl the raw D tonight, no hetero

thats offensive to me cause heterosexual people should be treated just like homosexuals!

DMC
06-02-2013, 07:22 PM
Funny they pay this to the NBA but the NBA doesn't donate it to any charities. It just goes to pay Sterns exorbitant salary.

JamStone
06-02-2013, 08:40 PM
I get that and was mostly joking especially the Bosh stuff but saying no homo in that context was not a slur ...

Once a word or term is pretty much universally acknowledged as derogatory or insensitive, context doesn't really matter.

If a white pro athlete used the n-word in a post game interview, you're not going to talk about the context it was used, right or wrong. Whether he meant it as a slur or not, he shouldn't use it. Same thing with a word like "homo."

Jacob1983
06-02-2013, 11:39 PM
The term "no homo" is an annoying term that people use to basically say something that is gay but with them claiming to not be gay. However, they will all say that being gay is okay and normal but it's just not their thing. Just say what you're gonna say, dumbasses and don't say any of this "no homo" shit. Only pussies and assholes use the term "no homo".

Sean Cagney
06-03-2013, 01:12 AM

Cam back in 02-04 NO HOMO! It was funny back then and cool! Nowadays in this world it's bad and a fine etc. lol!