PDA

View Full Version : Heat: Lebron James led team, 1-3 in NBA Finals

StrengthAndHonor
06-02-2013, 08:15 AM
Great player no doubt but he's now 1-3 in the Finals. No other NBA player I believe has a worst Finals record, that's a 25% winning record, putting him on par with the Washington Bullets/Wizards franchise who are also 1 out of 3 in 4 NBA Finals appearances.

His Finals numbers during these 3 trips have been aweful with the exception of 2012 where he was just amazing all around. 2013 is TBD but so far nothing in this postseason screams GOAT and I don't expect this to change when he faces the Spurs. Actually, his playoff numbers are all down compared to his regular season numbers. Minutes are up, yet raw numbers are down across the board, shooting efficiency is down, and turnovers are up.

Its still good, but for MVP caliber players, the expectations is they need to raise the bar higher in the postseason. All the great ones did anyway (Jordan, Shaq, Olajuwon, Duncan to name a few)

This season will play a large role in Lebron's legacy IMO. Going down in the Finals again will put a tough stain in his career. 5 years from now, people wouldn't care he was young in 2007 (afterall, the Cavs did beat the Pistons en route to the Finals). They will look at the grand scheme of things and that's 1-3.

I initially had Lebron in top 10 list, but I don't know anymore. I can't put a guy who puts up 66 wins, MVP seasons, that amounts to nothing in that list tbh.

AaronY
06-02-2013, 08:20 AM
Yeah, he wouldn't be top 10 if he lost this year..He'd be about 12 right behind Dr. J and West and one or two spots ahead of Kobe..

StrengthAndHonor
06-02-2013, 08:28 AM
I had Kobe at 10 but placed Lebron 2 spots ahead of him after another regular season MVP year highlighted by thay 27 win streak. I think Lebron falls back to 12 with Olajuwon reclaiming that 9th and Kobe 10th. Lebron is now a spot below Moses Malone after another embarassing year courtesy of the Super friends.

FlaSpursFan
06-02-2013, 08:37 AM
Lebron has made it to 4 finals so far? Why do people act like loosing in the finals is worse than not even making it?

TheRealCB
06-02-2013, 08:40 AM
Great player no doubt but he's now 1-3 in the Finals. No other NBA player I believe has a worst Finals record, that's a 25% winning record, putting him on par with the Washington Bullets/Wizards franchise who are also 1 out of 3 in 4 NBA Finals appearances.

His Finals numbers during these 3 trips have been aweful with the exception of 2012 where he was just amazing all around. 2013 is TBD but so far nothing in this postseason screams GOAT and I don't expect this to change when he faces the Spurs. Actually, his playoff numbers are all down compared to his regular season numbers. Minutes are up, yet raw numbers are down across the board, shooting efficiency is down, and turnovers are up.

Its still good, but for MVP caliber players, the expectations is they need to raise the bar higher in the postseason. All the great ones did anyway (Jordan, Shaq, Olajuwon, Duncan to name a few)

This season will play a large role in Lebron's legacy IMO. Going down in the Finals again will put a tough stain in his career. 5 years from now, people wouldn't care he was young in 2007 (afterall, the Cavs did beat the Pistons en route to the Finals). They will look at the grand scheme of things and that's 1-3.

I initially had Lebron in top 10 list, but I don't know anymore. I can't put a guy who puts up 66 wins, MVP seasons, that amounts to nothing in that list tbh.

No you fucking copy pasting idiot,he's 1/3,which makes it a 33.3% winning percentage.

StrengthAndHonor
06-02-2013, 08:40 AM
Is that even a serious question?:lol

StrengthAndHonor
06-02-2013, 08:48 AM
No you fucking copy pasting idiot,he's 1/3,which makes it a 33.3% winning percentage.

Actually, It's 1 win in 4 appearances. so I'm right, 1/4-250%. for some reason I didn't count the 2007 Cavs earlier :lol

resistanze
06-02-2013, 08:49 AM
Which 4 appearances?

TheRealCB
06-02-2013, 08:51 AM
Actually, It's 1 win in 4 appearances. so I'm right, 1/4-250%. for some reason I didn't count the 2007 Cavs earlier :lol

So Lebron's been in the finals 4 times?? When ?

AaronY
06-02-2013, 08:51 AM
Which 4 appearances?
OP is pretending like they made the Finals and lost allredy..

its his way of being clever.,

TE
06-02-2013, 08:52 AM
Those maths tbh...

StrengthAndHonor
06-02-2013, 08:54 AM
Indiana is not winning Game 7.

TheRealCB
06-02-2013, 08:55 AM

Just admit you're a copy pasting faggot that saw the "1-3" being thrown out in a thread yesterday (can't remember which one),tried to be smart and failed.It happens.

StrengthAndHonor
06-02-2013, 09:00 AM
I actually said that before anyone else and someone picked up on that :lol

TheRealCB
06-02-2013, 09:00 AM
Cool thing to be proud of,tbh..

StrengthAndHonor
06-02-2013, 09:03 AM
Obviously not as cool as spelling tough with tuff:lol

TheRealCB
06-02-2013, 09:14 AM
Seriously? https://twitter.com/realtuffjuice

StrengthAndHonor
06-02-2013, 09:24 AM
Dude, dont take it seriously. I honestly dont care about someone's twitter and using Butlers twitter just made it worse. Lets just proceed. 1 out of 4 is just bad. I just want to see what Lebron's minions think of this, seems everyone of y'all are already putting him already at Top 3.

AaronY
06-02-2013, 09:25 AM
Kinda weird a Mavs fan still being a huge Caron Butler fan since he was only there a little while and that team really only soared in 11 when he went down with an injury..

UNCLE-DREW
06-02-2013, 09:27 AM
Indiana is not winning Game 7.
Spurs will lose from pacers and heat in the finals but you are right about this one

AaronY
06-02-2013, 09:29 AM
Spurs will lose from pacers and heat in the finals but you are right about this one
Is this prediction like when you predicted the Heat were gonna win game 6 in a walk?..

StrengthAndHonor
06-02-2013, 09:31 AM
OP is pretending like they made the Finals and lost allredy..

its his way of being clever.,
Its just an observation. Miami and their small ball is not built to beat teams with a strong post presence something the Spurs and Indiana are good at. If they're having issues with Hibbert, how else are they going to control Duncan and Splitter? Splitter was amazing in containing Randolph, I can see both him and Duncan limiting Bosh as well.

The Spurs are similar to Indiana except they are far better offensively.

AaronY
06-02-2013, 09:33 AM
Pops gonna try to play bonner tho..Splitter will probably get as many minutes as Matty B tbh..Pop really loves the ginger for some reason

StrengthAndHonor
06-02-2013, 09:43 AM
True. Eittherway, I believe the Spurs overall length will be too much for the Heat.

And I take that back, Indiana is not similar to San Antonio. San Antonio is a different beast altogether and all season out. Pacers are a 49 win team in the East ffs, Spurs will annihilate Miami.

1win in 4 trips guys.

TheRealCB
06-02-2013, 09:43 AM
Kinda weird a Mavs fan still being a huge Caron Butler fan since he was only there a little while and that team really only soared in 11 when he went down with an injury..

Son I joined ST when Butler was still in the team and I really liked the dude,what's the reason to change my account now that he's gone? Plus I disagree with your point,Mavs were 24-5 before Dirk and Butler went down so it's not like he was addition by subtraction,we just made it despite his absence.

ffadicted
06-02-2013, 10:14 AM
Lebron is top 10 regular season tbh
Doesn't even sniff it for top 10 real-league

StrengthAndHonor
06-02-2013, 10:30 AM
Lebron is top 10 regular season tbh
Doesn't even sniff it for top 10 real-league

After this season its inexcusable. How can you be a 4 Time MVP and not have as much success in the playoffs? We can't play the he diesnt have help card anymore, because he has plenty. Before someone points to his numbers, while good, its lower than his regular season numbers accross the board.

DMC
06-02-2013, 10:31 AM
Isn't JKidd somewhere around that?

DMC
06-02-2013, 10:32 AM
Anyone who wants to support their bravado against the Heat willing to do the avatar bet with me?

Rogue
06-02-2013, 10:47 AM
i just don't give a shit about the finals, however, if i do take the bet with you DMC, it's gonna be a win for me either way no matter how the series goes. i'll more than gladly give up this shitty avatar & sig, and take whatever you select for me. i just don't want your avatar changed to something else because i wouldn't find anything better than this even if i win the bet somehow. so it's gonna be meaningless for me even if i win the bet, and i won't have nothing to lose.

and you're damn surely right bro. Scarlett FUCKING Johansson is just average like EVERYONE and you can easily find a BUNCH of nicer ones in a shopping mall or a subway station :cry.

lol my nigga Shadowflames, lol me :cry

UNCLE-DREW
06-03-2013, 01:59 AM
Is this prediction like when you predicted the Heat were gonna win game 6 in a walk?..

They would you know.
No anderson no win, Miami is since he was signed 500-1. :rolleyes

No to be fair i'm now a little bit worried yes, But as a Heat fan i still believe wade can step up his game even with this injury.

Sean Cagney
06-03-2013, 02:02 AM

How will they lose from Pacers and heat in the finals? Is that possible to lose to two teams?

Jacob1983
06-03-2013, 02:26 AM
If Lebron and Superfriends make it to the Finals and lose to the Spurs, it will damage his legacy big time. 1-3 in the NBA Finals as the next Jordan is not good.

UNCLE-DREW
06-03-2013, 04:30 AM
How will they lose from Pacers and heat in the finals? Is that possible to lose to two teams?

Ok ill take the bait.

Since my first language isn't english i will make grammatical errors.
The Spurs will lose from the team who will win game 7 of the eastern conference so either Miami or Indiana is gonna win the title this year.

hope i made your day by explaining.

xoxo

DAF86
06-03-2013, 11:00 AM
Ok ill take the bait.

Since my first language isn't english i will make grammatical errors.
The Spurs will lose from the team who will win game 7 of the eastern conference so either Miami or Indiana is gonna win the title this year.

hope i made your day by explaining.

xoxo

No way Spurs lose to the Pacers, Spurs are masters at annihilating flawed teams like these Pacers.

Jeff Van Gundy
06-03-2013, 01:25 PM
This thread fails so bad

Legacy
06-03-2013, 01:37 PM
Stop feeding The Heat bandwagon trolls please.

King Nupe
06-03-2013, 01:59 PM
After this season its inexcusable. How can you be a 4 Time MVP and not have as much success in the playoffs? We can't play the he diesnt have help card anymore, because he has plenty. Before someone points to his numbers, while good, its lower than his regular season numbers accross the board.

Maybe because MVP is a media award

King Nupe
06-03-2013, 02:00 PM
If Lebron and Superfriends make it to the Finals and lose to the Spurs, it will damage his legacy big time. 1-3 in the NBA Finals as the next Jordan is not good.

The Next Jordan pLays in LA

Legacy
06-03-2013, 02:05 PM
The Next Jordan pLays in LA

There is no "Next Jordan", kid. There never will be. Sorry to break it to you again.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-03-2013, 02:26 PM
I don't think he'd be banished from the Top Ten List, but should Lebron's team either lose to the Pacers or in the finals then it's a big fat coffin nail driven through even the most delusional fan's claims of GOAT status.