PDA

View Full Version : Who would you rather see in the Finals? Pacers or Heat

Indazone
06-02-2013, 12:18 PM
Both teams are Eastern Conference Beasts. Pacers with big front line, rebounding and defense and Heat with their big three of King James, Bosh and DWade.

Indazone
06-02-2013, 12:24 PM
I"m going with the Heat! Last years Champions Heat against the former Champions Spurs in making their run to regain their Rings!

DesignatedT
06-02-2013, 12:27 PM
The Heat would be more fun but I would rather face Indiana because of home court.

SanDiegoSpursFan
06-02-2013, 12:29 PM
Pacers because of homecourt + the Heat are a better team.

peacemaker885
06-02-2013, 12:33 PM
Heat. Don't want to give anybody a reason for another effing asterisk championship.

100%duncan
06-02-2013, 12:35 PM
Sure win= Indiana
Sweeter win= Miami

Just win. TBH. :flag:

Darius Bieber
06-02-2013, 12:44 PM
Either one. No preference. To be the best, you have to beat the best.

DesignatedT
06-02-2013, 12:49 PM
Heat. Don't want to give anybody a reason for another effing asterisk championship.

1. Why would Indiana be an asterick championship? If they get there they would have beaten the heat fair and square and cemented themselves as the best ECF team.

2. Who fucking cares what people think. 5 rings is 5 rings. Nobody remembers how you get them when looking back at history.

LoveMySpurs
06-02-2013, 05:54 PM
Would like to see Miami lose, so we don't get La Bron shoved down our throats, but I think they would be the easier team to beat of the two right now... Real toss up, esp when you figure home court into the equation. We'll know by bedtime tomorrow. Anybody know when tickets will go on sale? I have mine, but have friend who are looking for them.

thOOdee
06-02-2013, 06:01 PM
i think the heat would be a harder match up and im rooting for the pacers. But i rather see the spurs de-throne the heat.

letmk
06-02-2013, 06:04 PM
Relative easier opponent: Pacers, as they are just a poor man's Spurs. And their pace and style are perfect for the Spurs to contain them.
Better opponent for vindication: beating best player in LeBron is always better than beating an inferior team (in the eyes of media) who upset a better team for the Spurs.

Eddy from Austin
06-02-2013, 06:25 PM
1. Why would Indiana be an asterick championship? If they get there they would have beaten the heat fair and square and cemented themselves as the best ECF team.

2. Who fucking cares what people think. 5 rings is 5 rings. Nobody remembers how you get them when looking back at history.

Ditto

dbreiden83080
06-02-2013, 06:29 PM
I really think the Pacers are going to pull this out tomorrow. They will go into game 7 with tremendous confidence and the Heat have so many guys not playing well. If the Pacers move the ball and pound it inside they win..

dbreiden83080
06-02-2013, 06:30 PM

I don't get it???

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-02-2013, 06:51 PM
people care too much about fake asterisks.

Blake
06-02-2013, 07:11 PM

speak for yourself.

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-02-2013, 07:31 PM

Agree!

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-02-2013, 07:34 PM
What some people don't get is that there could be an asterisk against the Heat, too.

"Wade was injured," "Miami played a grueling 7 game series," etc.

PEOPLE WHO WANT TO MANUFACTURE AN ASTERISK WILL DO SO NO MATTER WHAT.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-02-2013, 08:06 PM
I don't care which team we face, I honestly think we can beat either. ;)

baseline bum
06-02-2013, 08:11 PM
I really think the Pacers are going to pull this out tomorrow. They will go into game 7 with tremendous confidence and the Heat have so many guys not playing well. If the Pacers move the ball and pound it inside they win..

I'd be shocked; I think Miami takes game 7 by 15+.

Robz4000
06-02-2013, 08:14 PM
Tbh, there's already another 4 or 5 threads like this. The Finals can't come soon enough.

To answer the question, Indy. I'm 100% confident the Spurs would beat them, and prolly do it in 5 or less. Unfortunately, it's going to be the Heat, and unless they play like they have against Indy, I don't see the Spurs winning.

AFBlue
06-02-2013, 08:19 PM
Pacers...never been there before, coach is a novice, and Spurs have played (and dominated) the "big physical frontline" teams twice already in these playoffs.

Heat are beatable, but they have the best player in the league, a good (to great) supporting cast, a championship under their belt, and home court advantage.

thiste
06-02-2013, 08:20 PM
I think we can beat both teams. I chose Pacers, not because of home court or because I think they'd be easier, I chose them only because I really don't want to have to worry about the officiating.

Legacy
06-02-2013, 08:26 PM
I don't care which team we face, I honestly think we can beat either. ;)

3 Legged Dog
06-02-2013, 08:50 PM
I'll be ecstatic to add another banner in our rafters. That said, I want to see LeAsshole cry.

The commissioner and the media have been blowing Miami since James/Bosh/Wade came to town. Also; this is the last time that David Stern will present a trophy to an NBA champion. So the Spurs winning another title would be a way of saying, "fuck you" to the league, the media and to Stern.

Therefore, I would love nothing more than to beat the Heat.

Indazone
06-02-2013, 09:02 PM
Wow, I am surprised that we are trending at 67 percent for the Pacers!

Rogue
06-02-2013, 09:49 PM
99.9% fans outside of San Antonio would choose Heat any day of the week, which's a no-brainer. and even in San Antonio the supporting rate will be half-half when the Superfriends come in town tbh

unforeseen
06-02-2013, 09:53 PM
Pacers. Home court advantage would be awesome.
But with the 2-3-2 format, it may be work out for the underdog if they either game 1 or game 2.

weeks
06-02-2013, 09:57 PM
heat, because winning against the pacers wouldn't be quite as sweet as destroying lebron yet again.

to be the best, you must defeat the best. they're the defending champs. i want to dethrone them, not let someone else do it for us.

dbreiden83080
06-02-2013, 10:17 PM
Spurs/Pacers would be such an unexpected finals and I would get a kick out of all the stories whining about the bad ratings and such. It would serve the league right for not marketing anyone but a select few and ESPN acting as if Lebron, Kobe and Durant are the only players that exist in the NBA...

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-02-2013, 10:21 PM
Strangely enough, we might be better off playing the Heat as I'm almost sure we will lose game 1 against whoever we play due to rust from the long layoff, and I'd rather that be on their court than ours.

The Spurs usually play very poorly for at least a half after a rest longer than 2 days. I really hope the occasion (ie. the Finals) means that they will get back in a rhythm more quickly, but knowing this team as I do I'm pretty sure we're going to look very bad for at least the first half of game 1.

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-02-2013, 11:22 PM
Strangely enough, we might be better off playing the Heat as I'm almost sure we will lose game 1 against whoever we play due to rust from the long layoff, and I'd rather that be on their court than ours.

The Spurs usually play very poorly for at least a half after a rest longer than 2 days. I really hope the occasion (ie. the Finals) means that they will get back in a rhythm more quickly, but knowing this team as I do I'm pretty sure we're going to look very bad for at least the first half of game 1.

I don't know the stats, but I'd imagine that the Spurs win more games than they lose when coming off of a rest of 5-7 days or more.

widowmaker
06-03-2013, 12:00 AM
Either one run it.

DesignatedT
06-03-2013, 12:03 AM
speak for yourself.

lol wut. So you agree it would be an asterick title if we play the Pacers instead of the Heat?

Budkin
06-03-2013, 12:22 AM
I want the Pacers mainly for home court.

Arcadian
06-03-2013, 12:27 AM
I don't have a strong preference, as both teams are looking very flawed in a 3-3 tie, but if I must choose, I prefer the Pacers.

Aztecfan03
06-03-2013, 01:53 AM

I kinda think the rest would hurt more against a perimeter team like miami like it did vs. golden state.

Legacy
06-03-2013, 07:47 AM
I'm starting to lean towards The Heat right now, tbh. I want my Spurs to dethrone them (not The Pacers)... as well as completely annihilate and humiliate them, of course. I want to end Superfriends and revel at watching their organization and fake-ass bandwagoners/"fans" fall apart, disappear, and become lost souls again. I want to make LeBron cry like a little bitch yet again. I want The Spurs to completely own Superfriends as well as The Fakers. :devil HHhhhmmmmmm .... We'll just have to see what happens tonight. :D

racm
06-03-2013, 07:53 AM
If we get Miami, remember when the pundits called a Lakers-Heat Finals? :lmao

silverblk mystix
06-03-2013, 07:55 AM
Lots of good reasons on both sides...

Pacers: Less small ball = less Bonner = Less temptation for Pop

Heat = More exciting series = Less complaining of a boring series = More satisfying experience if Spurs dethrone the champs

Gotta go with the Heat - but am dreading Bonner Ball.

Indiana never went small and made Miami play their style - Hope Pop was paying attention.

Spur|n|Austin
06-03-2013, 07:59 AM
If we get Indiana, remember when the pundits called a Lakers-Heat Finals? :lmao

FIFY :)

I'm sticking with wanting the Pacers; mainly because of home-court, but also because I'd like to see the Heat choke and not even make the Finals. Fuck what people say regarding asterisks and what not, I don't know why people around here should even give a shit about that. A ring is a ring no matter who you beat.

I'm getting pretty giddy as the last week has been building up to Thursday.

Drom John
06-03-2013, 10:08 AM
Pacers.
1) Home court advantage.
2) George Hill.
3) ABA matchup, last playoff matchup was Pacers win in 1975.

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-03-2013, 10:17 AM
I have never heard of any logical or rational argument as to why any Spurs championship - 1999 or any other one, including a hypothetical 2013 Spurs-Pacers one - would have an asterisk.

NEVER had heard of any logical justification for an asterisk.

It's simply something nonsensical that people invent in their minds.

FromWayDowntown
06-03-2013, 11:05 AM
Spurs/Pacers would be such an unexpected finals and I would get a kick out of all the stories whining about the bad ratings and such. It would serve the league right for not marketing anyone but a select few and ESPN acting as if Lebron, Kobe and Durant are the only players that exist in the NBA...

Maybe a counter-conspiracy (for those who subscribe to conspiracies):

Stern is retiring; 2013 is his last Finals. If it gets crappy ratings, it makes no significant difference to him -- it's not like the owners are going to fire him or television executives are going to come after him if the Finals are a fiasco for television and negotiation of ad rates for the 2014 Finals and beyond are Adam Silver's problem. Conversely, the big bugaboo of Stern's commissionership has been the perception that he and his administration will prefer big markets and superstars to small markets and teams lacking star power to sell to non basketball fans. Stern could, in theory, do away with that to some extent by having the last Finals that he presides over be one between two of the league's smallest markets and between teams that don't have great Q ratings. It would allow the last bit of Stern's legacy to be a perception that he stopped favoring pet teams and players (if you buy the existing conspiracy theories in the first place) and that he allowed a Finals between Indiana and San Antonio, even when the Heatles were an option. When people question him about the issue down the road, he can always say: "I don't know what you're talking about. My last two years, the Finals involved teams from Oklahoma City, San Antonio, and Indianapolis. If I was conspiring to favor big markets, I did a really bad job of it."

I think the Heat win tonight, and I don't think they need any help to do it.

rascal
06-03-2013, 11:23 AM
I have never heard of any logical or rational argument as to why any Spurs championship - 1999 or any other one, including a hypothetical 2013 Spurs-Pacers one - would have an asterisk.

NEVER had heard of any logical justification for an asterisk.

It's simply something nonsensical that people invent in their minds.

No such thing as an asterisk title but the Spurs would have had a lucky easy road to a title playing the lower seed in every possible round and getting an injured laker team in round one. They would have lucked their way to a title. That was the only way I saw the Spurs winning a title so no surprise there. Beating the Heat would be unexpected but not the Pacers.

Maddog
06-03-2013, 11:37 AM
Let's go old school

http://www.nasljerseys.com/ABA/Images/Spurs/Spurs%2074-75%20Road%20George%20Gervin%202.jpg

DOS CHAINZ
06-03-2013, 11:54 AM
I don't care who we play. I just really want the clinching win to be at the AT&T Center.

z0sa
06-03-2013, 11:57 AM
Pacers... Spurs are a lock for the title if they vs the Pacers tbh.

Poolboy5623
06-03-2013, 12:02 PM
Heat still haven't lost b2b games in almost 65 contests..I don't think it'll happen tonight, but I sure hope it does in the finals.

timtonymanurich
06-03-2013, 12:22 PM
I WANT EITHER.

HEAT MOST ESPECIALLY. TO SEE THE NAZI STERN AFTER THE SEASON THAT HE HAD THE AUDACITY TO FINE THE SPURS FOR SENDING OUR TOP 4 HOME FOR THE HEAT GAME, THEN TO SEE THE SMUG LOOK ON HIS FACE AFTER HE PRESENTS THE LOB TO THE TEAM HE LIKELY DISLIKES THE MOST.

ONLY THING SWEETER IS IF JOEY CRAWFORD OFFICIATED THE SPURS CHAMPIONSHIP-CLINCHING GAME.

NOT SURE WHY MY ENTIRE POST IS IN ALL CAPS. MAYBE I THOUGHT IT WOULD LOOK COOLER.

GO. SPURS. GO.

boutons_deux
06-03-2013, 12:42 PM
. (http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/06/03/2091771/nj-election-law-disagrees-with-nj-election-law-about-how-long-christies-senate-appointee-will-serve/)..

dbreiden83080
06-03-2013, 12:47 PM
Pacers have a good shot tonight. We'll see what they are made of.. If there was a time to beat the Heat it is now with Wade so banged up and Bosh playing like shit, this is the Pacers chance..

Legacy
06-03-2013, 12:51 PM
Pacers have a good shot tonight. We'll see what they are made of.. If there was a time to beat the Heat it is now with Wade so banged up and Bosh playing like shit, this is the Pacers chance..

Exactly, and if The Pacers can't finish 'em, we'll get the job done. :devil

Sean Cagney
06-03-2013, 01:17 PM

Who gives a damn? They will say Wade was hurt anyways as an excuse! Someone always has an excuse when a team they don't like wins!

I think if the Pacers play their game tonight which is slow it down and pound inside they win. If Miami takes off fast though and gets a decent lead by the half I think they pull this one out tonight behind a big game by James carrying them.

TJastal
06-03-2013, 01:45 PM
I'd enjoy watching an Indy-SA finals...with the spurs winning a good ol fashion knock out drag out grit and grind heavyweight fight. I would root for Hill to at least have a good series though.

I don't thi k I could stomach watching the flopping cheating cHeat another two weeks.

boutons_deux
06-03-2013, 01:55 PM
I'd like to see MIA lose tonight, giving Spurs HCA.

41times
06-03-2013, 03:31 PM
Dose not matter who the Spurs play next. They will simply be the next "Victim"

Yeah the Spurs might be a little rusty in the first half of game 1. But as soon as they get a good "burn" in the legs and lungs they will find their shot.

As much as I would love to see Miami get beat again in the Finals it would also be pretty funny if their Dream Team could not even get to the Finals.

My only preference might be to have games 6 and 7 on my home court should those games be needed.

hater
06-03-2013, 03:38 PM
No need to root for anyone. Heat got this. Ppl seriously think Indiana has a chance to make it to the Finals???

:lmao :lmao

ya a team with Lance Stephenson and George Hill starting. backed up by Hasbro, Mahinmi and Augustin will make it to the NBA Finals :lol