PDA

View Full Version : Ideas/Questions for upcoming Fantasy season

DeadlyDynasty
06-02-2013, 03:20 PM
As many of you have heard, Trainwreck's title was voided due to PEDs (congrats HH).

Couple thoughts:

-10 to 12 teams, 14 was too many last year
-6 playoff teams if 12, 4 if 10.
-Drop the IDP--it was an experiment
-Would really like to do an entry fee this year--something like $20-25 bucks. This way people have something to play for and don't quit after a week {cough} renaldo {cough}

Who wants to be Commish this time too? My only clause for resignation is that we keep PPR and all TD's are worth 6 pts--it's the American way.

Also, if we have many of the same cats returning, ya'll wanna have one keeper? Just a thought

Lincoln
06-02-2013, 04:43 PM
Agree with everything. 12 team league PPR no defensive players

I'm down for an entree fee too, will make things more interesting tbh. 6 team playoff. Idk about keepers though, I say we just start from scratch.you should commish

Lincoln
06-02-2013, 04:44 PM
Another rule is no faggots like avante in this league. This is a gay free fantasy season. Thanks.

DeadlyDynasty
06-02-2013, 05:01 PM
Yeah i`m fine with no keepers...was just spitballing ideas. Any other changes or scoring suggestions? Glad ur on board with the $$. I`m making this thread now so it doesnt look like im springing a money league on them last second.

I agree, no faggots allowed is a clause.

Spur|n|Austin
06-05-2013, 02:17 PM
As many of you have heard, Trainwreck's title was voided due to PEDs (congrats HH).

Couple thoughts:

-6 playoff teams if 12, 4 if 10.
-Drop the IDP--it was an experiment
-Would really like to do an entry fee this year--something like $20-25 bucks. This way people have something to play for and don't quit after a week {cough} renaldo {cough}

Who wants to be Commish this time too? My only clause for resignation is that we keep PPR and all TD's are worth 6 pts--it's the American way.

Also, if we have many of the same cats returning, ya'll wanna have one keeper? Just a thought

People play different formats than this??

Blake
06-05-2013, 04:22 PM
Most of my leagues have been 4 points for passing TDs.

J.T.
06-06-2013, 02:12 AM
I'm down to do a SpursTalk league again but we absolutely have to change it up this year. For eternity, we've done free leagues here. It's all fun because we can keep it simple and nobody's feelings get hurt, but I fucking hate playing in free leagues now. Why? Because in free leagues people give up when they feel like they can't go on a win streak and clinch. It's the unfairest mother fucking thing I can think of when I have to play some faggot who's actually trying in Week 2 and sets his entire roster, then in Week 9 I'm stringing something together trying to upgrade my seed while the higher seeds get a free win against a faggot with 5 players on a bye. Money leagues tend to eliminate that kind of player. I know not everyone here is Richie Rich but we should at least do a $50 per team league. And cap it at 12 teams. If you're late to the party like last year, go fuck yourself. That 14 team free league we did last year was hands down one of the least fun years I've played fantasy and I actually liked everyone in the league.

Also you failed the IDP experiment from the start when you only had one IDP slot. IDP play is at its best when you have 3 or 5 IDP slots, because with one slot everyone just takes a linebacker that gets a lot of tackles. There's at least 20 guys like that so it washes out scoring wise. Ideally you do 3 IDP slots and they are DL, LB, DB (with five its DL (2) LB (2) DB (1)).

I'll commish if no one else wants to and we'll come to an agreement on scoring and whether we'll even do IDP, or if we do how it will be handled before anything gets set up.

Blake
06-06-2013, 11:34 AM
The thing I hate about free leagues are the asshats that forget about their teams the minute after the draft is over

J.T.
06-06-2013, 02:47 PM
The thing I hate about free leagues are the asshats that forget about their teams the minute after the draft is over

Yeah, pretty much what me and DD are saying too.

So bottom line, SpursTalk finally takes off the training wheels and does a money league this year. Just gotta decide how much, I suggested $50 but DD wants more like $20-25. I don't care, although I do think if you're an American citizen over the age of 21 and can't afford a $50 fantasy buy in you might be a Beta. Let's wait to start setting everything up until training camps open, then have our draft after the third preseason game to eliminate drafting the inevitable dipshits that get hurt in camp or preseason.

Blake
06-06-2013, 03:01 PM
I've been in plenty of money leagues too where dudes give up too quickly.

Since they've given their money, I don't generally mind them quitting.

....is that still talking about the same thing?

DeadlyDynasty
06-06-2013, 06:31 PM
Yeah, pretty much what me and DD are saying too.

So bottom line, SpursTalk finally takes off the training wheels and does a money league this year. Just gotta decide how much, I suggested $50 but DD wants more like $20-25. I don't care, although I do think if you're an American citizen over the age of 21 and can't afford a $50 fantasy buy in you might be a Beta. Let's wait to start setting everything up until training camps open, then have our draft after the third preseason game to eliminate drafting the inevitable dipshits that get hurt in camp or preseason.

$50 is just fine with me scro-diddly. Take over commish as well, but keep PPR and 6-pts for all TDs

J.T.
06-06-2013, 07:02 PM
$50 is just fine with me scro-diddly. Take over commish as well, but keep PPR and 6-pts for all TDs

No doubt braj that's the only way I roll

If people here cry about the $50, we can negotiate for lower. Like I said I don't care, but if ppl gon be cheap dates I'd rather we have enough players than resort to a fucking free league again.

DeadlyDynasty
06-06-2013, 07:04 PM
So it is written, so shall it be:tu

J.T.
06-06-2013, 07:11 PM

Also this definitely goes in the non-negotiable category as well. 10 or 12. Man Law.

Blake
06-06-2013, 07:14 PM
I'm in either way if you're asking

Trainwreck2100
06-06-2013, 11:41 PM
That PED btw is my Penis En Deadlydaynasty's ass in case you guys were wondering

DeadlyDynasty
06-07-2013, 03:26 PM
:lol

to be fair, I called your improbable run when you were sitting at 0-4. That, Flacco, and Florida Gulf Coast gave me quite the resume on ST this past year.

Trainwreck2100
06-08-2013, 04:33 AM
:lol

to be fair, I called your improbable run when you were sitting at 0-4. That, Flacco, and Florida Gulf Coast gave me quite the resume on ST this past year.
Kori Ellis still hasn't given me my damn spur either

J.T.
06-08-2013, 06:53 AM
Kori Ellis still hasn't given me my damn spur either

You don't get a Spur for winning the FF league. Cuz if you do she owes me two of them for 2008 and 2009.

DeadlyDynasty
06-08-2013, 03:09 PM
and Kori Ellis, where's my spur for 5 years of ST excellence?

J.T.
06-08-2013, 03:54 PM
Aw, people begging for Spurs. Doesn't get any less cute as time goes on. I got mine for prank calling her radio show #winning

TrainOfThought5
06-09-2013, 01:17 AM
I want in and im willing to pay double as the new guy. also if theres enough interest and not enough slots will there be a second league?

J.T.
06-09-2013, 01:32 AM
I want in and im willing to pay double as the new guy. also if theres enough interest and not enough slots will there be a second league?

You wouldn't have to pay any more than anyone else dude. I doubt everyone that's been playing here in the free leagues will be interested in a money league but we'll handle things on a first come, first served basis. You're the fourth player to agree to the terms so once we get 6 or 8 more, I'll set up a league. If there is more interest, someone else can commish a second league.

TrainOfThought5
06-09-2013, 01:40 AM
You wouldn't have to pay any more than anyone else dude. I doubt everyone that's been playing here in the free leagues will be interested in a money league but we'll handle things on a first come, first served basis. You're the fourth player to agree to the terms so once we get 6 or 8 more, I'll set up a league. If there is more interest, someone else can commish a second league.

great. Im assuming this is an NFL.com league, and if so, i have a friend whose interested as well. message me for email address.

symple19
06-09-2013, 01:46 PM
I'm in whether it's $50 or $25

J.T.
06-09-2013, 05:34 PM
I'm in whether it's $50 or $25

Excellent, glad to have you braj. So far we have:

JT
DD
Blake
TrainOfThought5
TrainOfThought5's Friend (depending on if we do NFL.com or not. I'm indifferent to what site we do it on tbh)
symple19

Personally, I would prefer a 12-teamer so we have plenty of time to find 6 more. If there's a lot of interest, I will assist someone else in setting up an additional league unless someone wants to step up and do it themselves.

djohn2oo8
06-09-2013, 06:05 PM
I'm in.

Blake
06-10-2013, 08:15 AM
I'd like to throw out the notion that Trainofthought's friend is in the league only if a spot is available.

No offense but if there are too many "strangers", I'm out.

J.T.
06-11-2013, 03:24 AM
I'd like to throw out the notion that Trainofthought's friend is in the league only if a spot is available.

No offense but if there are too many "strangers", I'm out.

Fair enough, I'm actually in agreement with you on that.

Lincoln
06-11-2013, 12:25 PM
Excellent, glad to have you braj. So far we have:

JT
DD
Blake
TrainOfThought5
TrainOfThought5's Friend (depending on if we do NFL.com or not. I'm indifferent to what site we do it on tbh)
symple19

Personally, I would prefer a 12-teamer so we have plenty of time to find 6 more. If there's a lot of interest, I will assist someone else in setting up an additional league unless someone wants to step up and do it themselves.
I said I was in

J.T.
06-11-2013, 12:33 PM
I said I was in

No RG3 fans allowed

TrainOfThought5
06-21-2013, 05:23 PM
Alright guys basketball season is over (2013-2014 Finals will be Spurs v. Bulls)

so where is the ball at in this League?? i had a few questions.

will this be a NFL.com league? and who is going to commish and start sending out the invites? and will we be doing keepers going forward?

DeadlyDynasty
06-21-2013, 05:28 PM
Smart man, turning the sports page ASAP:tu
J.T. is the Commish this year, but I don't think we've decided on the site yet. I'm fine with any of the major 3, as long as all TDs are worth 6 and there's PPR

Lincoln
06-21-2013, 05:48 PM
Either yahoo or espn tbh

Yahoo is my personal favorite

djohn2oo8
06-21-2013, 06:08 PM
Yahoo or Espn. I like ESPN but it doesn't matter as long as its one of them.

J.T.
06-21-2013, 08:00 PM
I'll get the league set up soon... Still wallowing pretty hard in idontwanttoliveonthisplanetanymore.jpg land over here...

I personally do not care what site we play on. I'll post a thread with a poll here in a sec and make votes public. If anyone not in the league thinks its cute to troll and vote anyway, I will executively veto their vote after the fact. Don't think that will happen but ya never know. I probably prefer ESPN tbh.

HarlemHeat37
06-22-2013, 02:56 AM
The defending champion is in, tbh..

I prefer Yahoo, tbh..