PDA

View Full Version : Will Kawhi get a fair shake when guarding LeBron?

TAMUK Drop-out
06-02-2013, 04:26 PM
I have my doubts the refs will let him

TheyCallMePro
06-02-2013, 04:30 PM
Kawhi is really physical when guarding people. I don't know if he can get away with guarding a super-star like Lebron like that. He'll definitely be called for a lot of off ball body fouls.

But ultimately I think he'll be okay. Everyone guards Lebron physically, and most of them get away with it. If this was Kobe or Dwayne Wade in 06 were talking about, then it would be different. But I remember Bowen was allowed to guard Lebron in 07, so we Kawhi should be fine.

Tuddy
06-02-2013, 04:31 PM
Lebron moves where he takes 2 1/2 steps won't get him in foul trouble at least unlike durant

EVAY
06-02-2013, 05:33 PM
Well, I hope that some coaches are telling Kawhi that he has to stay on the floor and stay offensively active. Therefore, he needs to be very careful because fair or not, LeBron will get superstar calls, especially against a second year guy.

So, it is going to be important for Kawhi to play smart and play within whatever the refs allow per game, because it may change from game to game.

HemisfairArena
06-02-2013, 05:44 PM
While we all like Kawhi...lets be real...he is still a kid and will have a hard time defending LeBron. It will have nothing to do with the refs. Refs will just be there to make sure and help Wade and Bosh.

Stabula
06-02-2013, 07:09 PM
Speculating on this is such a waste of time.

hooperflash
06-02-2013, 07:17 PM
We'll see, let's hope Lebron gets crybaby mode lke we made of D12.

3 Legged Dog
06-02-2013, 08:25 PM
Of course Kawhi will get no respect, while trying to guard King James. King James will get away with far more physicality against Kawhi than Kawhi will be allowed against him. Naturally, this will lead to Kawhi being in foul trouble.

So when Kawhi is off the floor (for whatever reason), who plays small forward? Who tries to guard LeAsshole? Gary Neal, who can't guard my mom? Manu? Gives up a lot of weight to LeAsshole.

i really think that, should we face Miami, Pop will have to play TMac. I really don't see that Pop will have a choice.

Rogue
06-02-2013, 09:42 PM
The refs have been fair enough this post season imho. surely bron will get some star calls but they ain't gonna let it go to the level where it can make a significant impact on the game. Plus you're gonna need another man to help defend Lebron, that guy and Leonard can split the fouls that have to be committed on lebron. There ain't anyone in the current league who could shut down lebron without help defense tbh

TrainOfThought5
06-02-2013, 09:59 PM
Stephen Jackson