PDA

View Full Version : Nice article about the "boring" Spurs

naico
06-03-2013, 08:30 AM
No matter how proficient, skilled or downright great the on-court product is, it seems the Spurs will always fall victim to what is now an ancient meme in the ever-powerful court of public opinion.

I don’t mean to sound judgmental, and I certainly don’t mean to say that I myself don’t prefer at least some sort of intrigue in my basketball viewing. All I mean to say is that we’ve become somewhat conditioned, either by the narratives we claim to have no use for or some strange form of peer pressure, to blindly follow the “Spurs are boring” train to the point that it has lost all meaning and has become nothing more than a platitude, a crutch to hold up a dead idea, a grassy hill to die upon for a cause long past dying for. It’s a meaningless phrase, a non-starter that adds nothing to any conversation and only serves to inform everyone around you that you don’t really care for making your own opinions or this whole “thinking” thing. The Spurs still might be boring to you, but that should be because you dislike constants and require a little more combustion in your basketball life. The fact remains that such determination should be made by the on-court product and not by what is now an ancient and mystical ritual by which we indoctrinate our new recruits.

http://www.hardwoodparoxysm.com/2013/06/03/the-banality-of-duncan-and-the-necessity-of-narrative/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

silverblackfan
06-03-2013, 09:24 AM
Good article, but also pretty boring. :pop: Nice finish about Parker's evolution and the relation to the Spurs offense.

AaronY
06-03-2013, 11:56 AM
Oh God, you people and your Spurs media treatment obsession..