PDA

View Full Version : Props to Justice Scalia on this one

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-03-2013, 01:42 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2013/06/03/supreme-court-dna-cheek-swab-rape-unsolved-crimes/2116453/

Scalia was the most vocal of the 4 dissenting justices in expressing outrage at the SCOTUS latest bullshit unconstitutional ruling (the other 4 conservatives of course voted against constitutional privacy rights).

Justice Breyer fucked up what should have been a 5-4 victory for upholding the constitution. This corrupt group of dipshits we have on the supreme court is truly unprecedented.

boutons_deux
06-03-2013, 01:52 PM
no reasonable expectation of privacy

only

totally unreasonable violation of privacy.

strange how Scalia fucked up on this one

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-03-2013, 01:55 PM
strange how Scalia fucked up on this one

It woulda been great if he got his pet Uncle Ruckus to vote with him on the issue like he normally does. It's pretty uncanny for Clarence Uncle Thomas to disagree with massa Scalia on rulings.

LnGrrrR
06-03-2013, 02:23 PM
I love how they say, "Like fingerprinting and photography"... Ok, the idea behind it might be the same, but DNA has quite a few more identifiers to go with it, and a lot more uses. What can you get from a fingerprint, besides the uniqueness of a fingerprint? Not a whole lot. Same with photography for the most part. DNA is a whole different issue.

boutons_deux
06-03-2013, 02:42 PM
information is power, and all power is abused.

DNA info collected from non-criminals is power that will be abused.

baseline bum
06-03-2013, 03:16 PM
Our Supreme Court is worse than our Congress who is worse than our President who is worse than AIDS.

FuzzyLumpkins
06-03-2013, 03:30 PM
Our Supreme Court is worse than our Congress who is worse than our President who is worse than AIDS.

GO TWO PARTIES GO!

boutons_deux
06-03-2013, 03:33 PM

And there's no remedy within reach. The govt has been captured by and works for the 1% and the United Corporations of America, not for the Human-Americans.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-03-2013, 03:42 PM
GO TWO PARTIES GO!

The legislative and executive branches are both bipartisan corruption, but the supreme court's corruption is pretty much partisan corruption from conservatives. Whether it's Citizens United, Bush vs. Gore, etc., every ruling that completely distorts the constitution and ignores its intent had unanimous or near-unanimous support from the conservative majority.

It's obvious the Democrats don't really care though, or there'd be pressure on Breyer and Ginsburg to step down right now and eliminate the possibility a right wing president gets to pick their replacement. When the last three conservatives picked are all far-right wing extremists like Thomas, Roberts and that dego wop Alito are, a party that actually cared about preserving liberal values would be doing everything in its power to ensure the GOP doesnt get to replace any liberal justices.

Wild Cobra
06-03-2013, 07:22 PM
I'm mixed on this one.

For just an arrest, why is DNA any different than fingerprinting? If it was ruled that DNA could not be collected, then there would be immediate cause to do the same with fingerprinting.

Wild Cobra
06-03-2013, 07:23 PM
information is power, and all power is abused.

DNA info collected from non-criminals is power that will be abused.
Just like any other law that collects data.

Rogue
06-03-2013, 08:43 PM
a piece of scurf carries all DNA info of you. i don't see how it's wrong for a country to collect the DNA samples of its citizens, as long as the so-called "DNA swabs" don't transmit no disease or cause any pain. i understand Jews' motives to oppose this idea though. you don't want your superior genes stolen & replicated by any other ethnicity because you wanna maintain your superiority.

Winehole23
06-04-2013, 09:37 AM
http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20130603/16534123300/horrifying-supreme-court-ruling-lets-police-collect-dna-because-you-might-just-be-horrible-criminal.shtml

Wild Cobra
06-04-2013, 11:38 AM
Did I miss something?

Even in Scalia's dissent, if you replace DNA with the word "fingerprint..."

LnGrrrR
06-04-2013, 11:44 AM
WC, the problem is that a fingerprint can really only be used for identification. A DNA swab could be used for multiple purposes with regards to genetic testing.

Wild Cobra
06-04-2013, 11:47 AM
WC, the problem is that a fingerprint can really only be used for identification. A DNA swab could be used for multiple purposes with regards to genetic testing.
Sure, if they take the extra cost to do so. I don't think they have enough money floating around to do such things.

Wild Cobra
06-04-2013, 11:49 AM
http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20130603/16534123300/horrifying-supreme-court-ruling-lets-police-collect-dna-because-you-might-just-be-horrible-criminal.shtml
Here's a better link: SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES
Syllabus
MARYLAND v. KING (http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/12pdf/12-207_d18e.pdf)

The dissent starts on PDF page 33.

Your link didn't have anything that raised my eyebrows. This did.

LnGrrrR
06-04-2013, 11:54 AM
Sure, if they take the extra cost to do so. I don't think they have enough money floating around to do such things.

Who's "they"? The state governments or federal? Also, if they have the money to spend on weapons programs that the military doesn't even want, I'm pretty sure a politician could find a way to "create" money to use this data in another way.

sjacquemotte
06-04-2013, 01:22 PM
This is almost as bad a ruling as ACA being upheld. Alito: Your picture is being taken off my wall and replaced with black and white NWO Hollywood Hogan. Atleast I know where he stands on the important things in my life!

sjacquemotte
06-04-2013, 01:24 PM
It's a good argument as to why people are fingerprinted when they are arrested. Being convicted, I understand.

boutons_deux
06-04-2013, 01:41 PM
you're arrested, innocent, not charge, released, but your DNA is in the govt computers forever.

BobaFett1
06-07-2013, 10:38 AM
you're arrested, innocent, not charge, released, but your DNA is in the govt computers forever.