PDA

View Full Version : Ksat 12

Spurgal
07-13-2005, 09:45 AM
Did anyone get the Information about Robert Horry and another Spurs player being at a location next Tuesday for the sale of the Championship DVD?

Someone mentioned that It came out on KSAT 12 last night.

Mark in Austin
07-13-2005, 10:07 AM
Clueless news channel forum.

Spurgal
07-13-2005, 10:07 AM
I'm just wondering If they are planning on having one In the Southside, or the East or West where the real hardcore Spurs fans exist!

AlamoSpursFan
07-13-2005, 10:39 AM
They said Robert Horry will be at a Best Buy (I missed which one) at Midnight on Tuesday for the release. I guess you could call Best Buy for more details.

He's also going to be at one later in the day with George Gervin, but I don't recall the details on that one either.

Louae
07-13-2005, 11:23 AM
They said Robert Horry will be at a Best Buy (I missed which one) at Midnight on Tuesday for the release. I guess you could call Best Buy for more details.

It'll be the Best buy near Northstar Mall.

LilMissSPURfect
07-13-2005, 12:39 PM
I'm just wondering If they are planning on having one In the Southside, or the East or West where the real hardcore Spurs fans exist!

"YEAH !!!!!!"

samikeyp
07-13-2005, 01:26 PM
I'm just wondering If they are planning on having one In the Southside, or the East or West where the real hardcore Spurs fans exist

So...even though I live on the Northside and have been a Spurs fan since 1974....I am not hardcore?

jackiel1219
07-13-2005, 01:43 PM
On july 19 at 12 midnight at the best buy on 125 sw loop 410 you can meet Horry when the DVD of the Spurs comes out at 10am-12noon you can meet bruce bowen at HEB on Bandera.

spurschick
07-13-2005, 02:54 PM

And what makes folks living on the south, east or west side more hardcore than everyone else?

Spurgal
07-13-2005, 03:50 PM
And what makes folks living on the south, east or west side more hardcore than everyone else?

I don't mean to be mean but It just seems like the only people who get to really enjoy the Spurs are the Stone Oaks and The Sonterra's.

The true fans are In other parts of the city, like the ones that cruised downtown after every win, the ones at the riverwalk, and at the Alamodome.

While the richie's just go to the games, have a few beers and run straight home to get ready for their so called next business day!

SpursWoman
07-13-2005, 03:57 PM
I don't mean to be mean but It just seems like the only people who get to really enjoy the Spurs are the Stone Oaks and The Sonterra's.

The true fans are In other parts of the city, like the ones that cruised downtown after every win, the ones at the riverwalk, and at the Alamodome.

While the richie's just go to the games, have a few beers and run straight home to get ready for their so called next business day!

Ooooooookay, then. :lmao :lmao :lmao

Oh man, someone has to buy the season tickets so they fucking stay in San Antonio. You know how many people in this forum alone live somewhere on the northside? I can think of at least 20 right off the top of my head.

And that's not even counting the guys in Slovania who are up in the middle of the night trying to catch a single glimpse of someone in a Spurs uniform....

:lol

BadlyDrawnBoy
07-13-2005, 03:59 PM
So because people have high paying job and have to get sleep and work the next day they're not as hardcore as a 17 year old with no job who can cruise the downtown area at night or a low income mother of 4 who has nothing really to do but drive downtown after a win?

They're more hardcore?

Isn't it those "rich" people that buy those really expensive tickets to the games. that help keep the team in the city. Shouldn't you be thanking them instead of whipping them for their wealth.

There is no true definition for "hardcore fan."

And Spursgal's isn't even close to one.

BadlyDrawnBoy
07-13-2005, 04:00 PM
OoooooookayYou know how many people in this forum alone live somewhere on the northside, right?

Malik lives on the northside.

I'm sure she knew that.

sa_butta
07-13-2005, 04:01 PM

While the richie's just go to the games, have a few beers and run straight home to get ready for their so called next business day!Cruised downtown after every win because they only live like a couple of miles from downtown. Other people live like 20-30 min from downtown. Besides who would cruise after every single win; that does not make you hardcore.

SpursWoman
07-13-2005, 04:01 PM
Malik lives in the northside.

I'm sure she knew that.

:lmao

And tell timvp he's not a hardcore fan....

BadlyDrawnBoy
07-13-2005, 04:05 PM
Cruised downtown after every win because they only live like a couple of miles from downtown. Other people live like 20-30 min from downtown. Besides who would cruise after every single win; that does not make you hardcore.

I don't think people cruise after every win, just big wins in the playoffs.

However, teens are always crusing downtown, so the point is moot.

sa_butta
07-13-2005, 04:24 PM
I don't think people cruise after every win, just big wins in the playoffs.

However, teens are always crusing downtown, so the point is moot.I realize that, but she said every win and I was making a point why people from other sides of town would not cruise downtown every time the Spurs win even in the Playoffs. Point is cruising downtown does not make you hardcore nor does it matter what side of town or even where in the world you are. If you are a hardcore Spurs you know who you are and other people do to.

Old School Chic
07-13-2005, 04:33 PM
I think that what Spurgal Is trying to say Is that they really don't try to have any Spurs player appearances In other parts of town other then the northside.

A player appearance at South Park Mall would be nice. :spin

My Mom just lives 5 blocks away, so I would be first In line.

SpursWoman
07-13-2005, 04:51 PM
I think that what Spurgal Is trying to say Is that they really don't try to have any Spurs player appearances In other parts of town other then the northside.

No, that wasn't what she meant at all. Re-read.

I could understand how she felt if that's what she meant, they should have more appearances on ALL sides of town, but that's not even close to what she said.

But I'm not trying to be mean or anything. :lol

Spurgal
07-13-2005, 05:00 PM
Spurswoman

I don't know what seems to be your problem but lately you have been posting all kinds of shit about me. I haven't done shit to you.

I'm asking you to leave me the fuck alone.

BadlyDrawnBoy
07-13-2005, 05:01 PM

Signed,

Malik Rose.

Spurgal
07-13-2005, 05:03 PM
Signed,

Malik Rose.

:flipoff

BadlyDrawnBoy
07-13-2005, 05:04 PM
:flipoff

Am I being flicked off by a hardcore Spurs fan or a northsider?

SpursWoman
07-13-2005, 05:06 PM
Spurswoman

I don't know what seems to be your problem but lately you have been posting all kinds of shit about me. I haven't done shit to you.

Funny, I haven't addressed you about anything in a really long time, and not intentionlly either, I just really don't GAF about celebrity gossip.

Perhaps you have me confused with Gatita, I saw ya'll go a few rounds a few weeks ago. If so, please don't fucking do that. :lol

sa_butta
07-13-2005, 05:08 PM
speaking of Gatitas
http://www.pusscats.com/Cat_Fight.jpg (http://www.pusscats.com/Cat_Fight.jpg)

spurschick
07-13-2005, 05:09 PM

:cuss
Yeah, I live in Stone Oak. Yeah, I go to the games. I also had a Spurs flag on my car immediately after the All-Star break. I put a second flag on the car when the playoffs started. I get to the games early so I can see the guys warm up. I don't leave early - I leave when the game is over. I was on my feet for 48 fucking minutes during game 7, screaming my lungs out. I couldn't get downtown because they blocked the shit off. I was at the dome for 3+ hours - couldn't get a spot on the river, excuse me all to hell. I consider myself a "true" Spurs fan and I am incredibly fortunate to have the means to attend games. I've also had a great time NOT going to the games, instead watching them with other "true" Spurs fans. I was at the airport til 3:45am when they came back from Detroit. I lost plenty of sleep during the playoffs and was still able to function during what you call my "so-called business day".

Alamode
07-13-2005, 05:30 PM
speaking of Gatitas
http://www.pusscats.com/Cat_Fight.jpg (http://www.pusscats.com/Cat_Fight.jpg)

Pretty good sense of timing there contextually-speaking.

Mixability
07-13-2005, 05:35 PM
Alot of the people downtown were just there for the party. Just another Fiesta for most of the drunken fools. So many bandwagoners in one place makes me sick. I bet alot of those same so-called Spurs fans were nowhere to be found after Game 4 of the Sonics series.

I'm glad the Northside gets the release parties, its where most of the Spurs revenue comes from anyway. And don't tell me you spent alot of money on spurs gear bought from the Southside, because another thing that makes me sick is a so-called hardcore fan that owns nothing but bootleg Spurs shirts bought on Military Drive.

Dex
07-13-2005, 05:39 PM
I live on the northside. I went downtown after Game 7, and Game 6 in 03. I went to the river. I went to the 'Dome. And I go to work and school when I have to.

I'm not rich. I'm not poor. I'm still a hardcore Spurs fan.

Now that I've officially debunked the arguments in this thread, I shall go wreak havoc elsewhere. :)

Mixability
07-13-2005, 05:44 PM
I agree, a hardcore fan can be someone who goes to the Dome, river, games or can be someone who stays home and watches all the games in the comfort in their own home. It just depends on how much you spend, whether its time or money. The people who only show up after the Spurs have won are the ones who get to me! :cuss

MannyIsGod
07-13-2005, 05:50 PM
Funny, the people who were in the truck with us curising downtown lived:

1. On the Northside.
2. San Marcos
3. On the Northwest Side.
4. Homeless vagrant who stalls trucks

I think the poorer Spurs fans live on the South/East/West sides, but that doesn't make them anymore hardcore.

sa_butta
07-13-2005, 05:54 PM
I agree, a hardcore fan can be someone who goes to the Dome, river, games or can be someone who stays home and watches all the games in the comfort in their own home. It just depends on how much you spend, whether its time or money. The people who only show up after the Spurs have won are the ones who get to me! :cussAgreed I dont get to go to the games too much anymore but, Ill tell you one thing no matter what I do not miss a single game, whether it is raido, or TV. I went downtown and to the parades for all three of our beloved titles. I own alot of Spurs gear and not ashamed that some of that stuff is bootleg. Point is I consider myself a hardcore fan and I think most people who are still posting in this forum during the offseason must be also.

sa_butta
07-13-2005, 05:55 PM
Funny, the people who were in the truck with us curising downtown lived:

1. On the Northside.
2. San Marcos
3. On the Northwest Side.
4. Homeless vagrant who stalls trucks

I think the poorer Spurs fans live on the South/East/West sides, but that doesn't make them anymore hardcore.Hey Manny I think you meant cursing and cruising.
DEEEETTTTRRRROOOOIIIITTTT......

ZStomp
07-13-2005, 06:00 PM
Ok guys, where's the VBOOKIE for Spursgal and Spurswoman. Kori??

I got $500 spend on SW!

Two girls enter; one girl leaves.

SpursWoman
07-13-2005, 06:14 PM
Oh come on, now.....she has me confused with someone else. It's all good. :lol

BadlyDrawnBoy
07-13-2005, 06:23 PM
Oh come on, now.....she has me confused with someone else.

Malik's girlfriend.

Shelly
07-13-2005, 06:25 PM
This from the same Spursgal who drives a Hummer?

SpursWoman
07-13-2005, 06:27 PM
This from the same Spursgal who drives a Hummer?

Yes, but it was a gift. :)

Kori Ellis
07-13-2005, 06:34 PM
SpurGal - you need to keep your internet personna straight -- you are the girl who drives a hummer and has a BMW as a second car. You shop for Prada and Manolo Blahnik and you date NBA basketball players. You talk down to people who don't have money. You are not the girl who complains about Northsiders.

Get it straight.

BadlyDrawnBoy
07-13-2005, 06:37 PM
SpurGal - you need to keep your internet personna straight -- you are the girl who drives a hummer and has a BMW as a second car. You shop for Prada and Manolo Blahnik and you date NBA basketball players. You talk down to people who don't have money. You are not the girl who complains about Northsiders.

Get it straight.

What NBA players has she dated?

Because if I'm correct, losers who play NBA Live all day aren't "NBA basketball players."

Kori Ellis
07-13-2005, 06:39 PM
What NBA players has she dated?

She hasn't.

That's the point. She doesn't drive a hummer either. I'm saying that she's spent the last year creating an internet personna of a stuckup, rich girl - she can't all of a sudden forget that and defend the Southside.

BadlyDrawnBoy
07-13-2005, 06:42 PM
She hasn't.

That's the point. She doesn't drive a hummer either. I'm saying that she's spent the last year creating an internet personna of a stuckup, rich girl - she can't all of a sudden forget that and defend the Southside.

I know, your post was the set up to my punchline post. ;)

samikeyp
07-13-2005, 07:14 PM
Spurswoman

and I will ask you not to make stupid fucking assumptions. You want hardcore? Be around when Petur Gudmunsson is the Spurs starting center, when Ed Nealy wore 32 and just making the playoffs made your summer a lot better. I was there when Gervin was traded and here in those awful years between Gervin and Robinson. I have been here when things are great and when things haven't and so have a whole lot of others who are on this board. THAT is fucking hardcore, not some fool who says she lives in Stone Oak...then says "no wait, I live in Castle Hills" who has a picture of a Hummer and brags that its hers....but the picture has some car website address in the corner. A lot of us have been there through thick and thin and you have absolutely NO fucking right to call out ANYONE'S loyalty.

pooh
07-13-2005, 07:43 PM
all too funny...oh, southside does kick butt. and yeah I think this season we saw a record number of bootleg spurs stuff being sold up and down Military Dr. there are "hardcore" spurs fans scattered all over town. the northside has all the fancy stores and such, while the southside is about four years behind. eventually it will all work out...what with toyota coming over to the southside, perhaps it will bring more business' over here.

BadlyDrawnBoy
07-13-2005, 07:47 PM
all too funny...oh, southside does kick butt. and yeah I think this season we saw a record number of bootleg spurs stuff being sold up and down Military Dr. there are "hardcore" spurs fans scattered all over town. the northside has all the fancy stores and such, while the southside is about four years behind. eventually it will all work out...what with toyota coming over to the southside, perhaps it will bring more business' over here.

Toyota is already having a good effect on the southside.

Goliad Ave & Military Dr. is just one example.

pooh
07-13-2005, 07:49 PM
Yeah...and they put it all on a slope too...well most of it. I'm still wondering if they're going to move the SAMS club from near KellyUSA or to Brooks

timvp
07-13-2005, 07:54 PM
I don't allow Kori to go south of Hildebrand, yet she seems to know quite a bit about the team.

:smokin

violentkitten
07-13-2005, 07:54 PM
the real hardcore spurs fans are the ones who were with this team when it didn't have a single championship. back in the day when the spurs sucked with no hope in sight. when rockets fans ran their mouth because of the 95 wcf. back when it looked like the spurs were moving to baltimore or anaheim.

a lot of you weren't on the ship back then.

timvp
07-13-2005, 08:02 PM
In ten years when the Spurs are 18-64 and we're talking about how the new 5th overall draft pick might be a good backcourt mate for Tony Parker, we'll see who the Spurs fans are.

spurschick
07-13-2005, 08:05 PM
In ten years when the Spurs are 18-64 and we're talking about how the new 5th overall draft pick might be a good backcourt mate for Tony Parker, we'll see who the Spurs fans are.

:lol :lol

DRob in '87, TD in '97... with the history so far, we may be due for that 1st overall draft pick sooner than we think.

samikeyp
07-13-2005, 10:00 PM

Amen.

SequSpur
07-13-2005, 10:08 PM
I'm sick of this hardcore spurs fan shit. Fuck that. How the fuck do you measure fanmanship?

Who really gives a fuck. If you want to spend money on them... go to the airport, buy their shit... lick their balls..... stalk them at their charity events (alamo.. cough)..
whatever..... good for fucking you..

That doesn't make you anymore of a fan than anybody else.

That's just a bunch shitness.

Southside!!!

Sense
07-13-2005, 10:33 PM
Isn't it funny that SpursGal hasn't posted since she started to diss...

Spurgal
07-13-2005, 11:23 PM
Isn't it funny that SpursGal hasn't posted since she started to diss...

You were saying? :rolleyes

I am just getting a kick out of a lot of the comments made after I got off line, especially Kori's... :lol

All I was trying to say Is that It would be nice for Spurs to make appearances all over town and not just the northside.

Kori Ellis
07-13-2005, 11:24 PM
All I was trying to say Is that It would be nice for Spurs to make appearances all over town and not just the northside.

That's not what you said ...

And the Spurs do stuff at Ingram Mall all the time. That's not Northside.

Spurgal
07-13-2005, 11:30 PM
I give up!

:pctoss

BadlyDrawnBoy
07-13-2005, 11:42 PM
I give up!

:pctoss

You give up what?

You had nothing to begin with but a stupid rant that made zero sense but to you and the NBA players you date.

Kori, Ingram is on the northwest side.

Kori Ellis
07-13-2005, 11:44 PM
Kori, Ingram is on the northwest side.

I consider it on the West side, but that wasn't really the point. It's not Stone Oak or any other "rich" area that she was complaining about.

BadlyDrawnBoy
07-13-2005, 11:46 PM
I consider it on the West side, but that wasn't really the point. It's not Stone Oak or any other "rich" area that she was complaining about.

You're right.

It's more at the edge of the northwest/west line.

I have always considered it northwest.

Kori Ellis
07-13-2005, 11:50 PM
I have always considered it northwest.

Since I live on the NW side and it's about a 20 minute drive from me, that's probably why I don't.

BadlyDrawnBoy
07-13-2005, 11:57 PM
The entire Great Northwest (Is that what's it called now because I've seen a lot of signs calling it that when I'm in that area) is pretty big.

To me, everything below 151 is West.

I use the highways as my geographical boundries.

nacho estrada
07-14-2005, 12:01 AM
Bored Spurs fans fighting each other forum.

Mixability
07-14-2005, 12:37 AM
the real hardcore spurs fans are the ones who were with this team when it didn't have a single championship. back in the day when the spurs sucked with no hope in sight. when rockets fans ran their mouth because of the 95 wcf. back when it looked like the spurs were moving to baltimore or anaheim.

a lot of you weren't on the ship back then.

Hell yeah, some of us fans really earned it! Others jumped on after the TD era began, but I've been putting up with the Spurs losing season for a long time! How many of these hardcore fans remember cheering for #21 when good ol Dominique was wearing that number?!?!

BadlyDrawnBoy
07-14-2005, 12:43 AM
Getting picked on in the 7th grade in 1997 for wearing Spurs gear when they couldn't win 20 games without David and Sean but the haters didn't stop me from still wearing my Spurs gear.

Talk to me about hardcore.

Mixability
07-14-2005, 12:47 AM
Badly, tell me about it! Back in middle school, I chose to buy and wear my David Robinson Nike Air Force's, even though EVERYONE had Jordans. You can only imagine what I had to go through with my all white with turqoise trim high tops!

Taco
07-14-2005, 07:49 AM
SpurGal - .. you date NBA basketball players....
Get it straight.

Hey did I tell you about the my Night with Eva Longoria?

Well anyway I was driving down I-10 and I saw a car with a flat, it was Eva, I pulled over and offered to fix it but her spare tire was flat also.

Anyway I give her a ride and next thing you know she's all over me :makeout , she starts ripping off her clothes, then I hear in the background:

TACO!! TACO!! WAKE UP!!!!!

Your gonna be late for work!!!

Damn Mrs. Taco ruined another great dream. :bang

Kourtnie
07-14-2005, 11:15 AM
ya it came out that it will be available first at Best Buy at 125 NW Loop 410, where fan favorite Robert Horry will be making an appearance beginning at midnight Tuesday. And then Later that day, Horry will also be make an appearance with former Spurs great George Gervin at the Musicland at Ingram Park Mall from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
And Bruce Bowen will be appearing at the H-E-B at Loop 1604 and Bandera Road from 10 a.m. until noon.

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-14-2005, 11:21 AM
The thing that made me laugh most in this thread was somebody suggesting they call (and expect someone to pick up or give an answer) Best Buy.

pache100
07-14-2005, 11:28 AM
[QUOTE=BadlyDrawnBoy]Isn't it those "rich" people that buy those really expensive tickets to the games. that help keep the team in the city. Shouldn't you be thanking them instead of whipping them for their wealth.[QUOTE]

True. I go to 5 or 6 games a year. I sit in the nosebleed seats because it's what I can afford. I sure did not know that made me "rich"; I wish someone would tell my bank that, because they absolutely will not let me have any more of my money. :lol

And, BTW, I don't even live in San Antonio. I live about 25 miles north of the city. I must be REALLY rich.

And, just for the record, I have the (apparently mistaken) impression that all the good stuff (like Spurs' personal appearances) all take place over on Bandera Road. Who lives over there? (j/k)

[QUOTE=BadlyDrawnBoy]There is no true definition for "hardcore fan."[QUOTE]

That's true, too. Even though I go to a few games a year, I enjoy the ones I watch at home on television just as much as the live ones (sometimes more). It's a whole lot cheaper...and less hassle...and no parking problems or riding the Via bus...or getting beer spilled on you by the drunk idiot behind you before the game starts and having to sit there wet for 2 1/2 hours.

But, I have been going to as many Spurs games as I can afford since I had to sit up in the rafters at the Convention Center (I still miss that place!). I sure wish someone had told me years ago that made me rich...I always thought it made me poor.

I did sit in the hotel room at Galveston (instead of being out doing something else) this year to watch the All-Star game so I could see Timmy and Manu play...does that make me hardcore? If it does, I must be a hard core NASCAR fan, too, because I sat in the room and watched the race that day, too...went and grabbed something to eat in the break between the two.

bigzak25
07-14-2005, 11:29 AM
the heb and bestbuy seem well within striking distance for any hardcore fan that would wish to go...:tu

SpursWoman
07-14-2005, 12:04 PM

Then maybe you should ask her just to be sure. :spin

AlamoSpursFan
07-14-2005, 12:14 PM
The thing that made me laugh most in this thread was somebody suggesting they call (and expect someone to pick up or give an answer) Best Buy.

Funny. They always answer when I call. I guess you just don't spend enough money there.

AlamoSpursFan
07-14-2005, 12:16 PM
Oh, and maybe I was just a drunken jackass at the time, but I distinctly remember a Bruce Bowen meet and greet at the HEB at SE Military and Goliad at some point last season.

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-14-2005, 12:18 PM
Funny. They always answer when I call. I guess you just don't spend enough money there.

Shit, when I worked there and for a vendor in there, you could literally stand in the department and hear a phone ring without anybody making an attempt to answer it.

And for the record, unless it's a loss leader, I don't spend ANY money in there.

Bandit2981
07-15-2005, 12:42 PM
Anyone know how much the DVD will be selling for?

NoMoneyDown
07-15-2005, 12:57 PM
How the fuck do you measure fanmanship?

Uhmmmmm ... By how many times you can say 'fuck' in a posting?

1Parker1
07-15-2005, 01:47 PM

:lmao. But Beno is the future of the Spurs, Parker is not going to be improved 10 years from now, and you can't build a team around Tony Parker!! :smokin

Hank Hill
07-15-2005, 01:51 PM
I'm a hardcore Spurs fan and I live in Arlen Texas

Old School Chic
07-15-2005, 01:55 PM
I can't believe how this silly thread Is now on page 4 :lmao

Bandit2981
07-15-2005, 01:59 PM
anyone have an answer to my question? how much the dvd will cost? :)

Kori Ellis
07-15-2005, 02:00 PM
It's like $18 on Amazon.com.

Bandit2981
07-15-2005, 02:12 PM
great, thanks kori!

1Parker1
07-15-2005, 02:15 PM
anyone have an answer to my question? how much the dvd will cost? :)

I bought mine for 17.49 from Amazon.com.......plus shipping it came to 20 something.

Willinsa
07-15-2005, 02:20 PM

and I will ask you not to make stupid fucking assumptions. You want hardcore? Be around when Petur Gudmunsson is the Spurs starting center, when Ed Nealy wore 32 and just making the playoffs made your summer a lot better. I was there when Gervin was traded and here in those awful years between Gervin and Robinson. I have been here when things are great and when things haven't and so have a whole lot of others who are on this board. THAT is fucking hardcore, not some fool who says she lives in Stone Oak...then says "no wait, I live in Castle Hills" who has a picture of a Hummer and brags that its hers....but the picture has some car website address in the corner. A lot of us have been there through thick and thin and you have absolutely NO fucking right to call out ANYONE'S loyalty.

Great point, I am 34 years old and have been a Spurs fan for as long as I can remember. Do the hardcore fans remember when they raised the roof at the hemisfair arena? I remember in 79 the talk about the NBA finals after a 3-1 lead in the ECF. I remember in 82 after getting swept by the Lakers we got the A-train to guard Kareem, I remember being at game 6 of the 83 Finals when we lost by a point to the damn Lakers on CBS. I remember cotton Ball, the trade of Gervin, Bob Weiss as are coach, Alvin as are only all-star for a few years. I remember praying to get the first pick in the 87 lottery, I remember Larry Brown as the coach, the 89-90 team that would have played the Pistons in the finals if not for Rocket Rod's pass. The dreadful Lucas years, the heartbreak of the 95 WCF, Robinson's injury, praying that lighting strikes twice in the 97 Lottery, and of course the arrival of Duncan and the rest is history.

I bet many supposed "hardcore fans" don't know crap about the spurs history and thus they are only bandwagon fans. I will still root for the Spurs in 10 years when we might be 20-62, and I bet the wannabe hardcore fans will not be supporting the Spurs.

1Parker1
07-15-2005, 02:26 PM
It doesn't matter if you've been a fan of the Spurs for 15 years or 2 years. A fan is a fan. Just because I don't know the entire Spurs history since it's ABA days, or stats on Gervin, or when Robinson first entered the league, doesn't make me any less of a fan.

You can't quantify or measure the degree of "fanship" :rolleyes

Mixability
07-15-2005, 04:44 PM
As long as your a fan of the Team and not just certain players, then you're a true fan! If I had a nickel for how many Malik fans that said they were no longer gonna root for the Spurs....... And guess how many jumped back on the wagon after the Fathers Day Dagger?!?!

spurschick
07-15-2005, 05:49 PM
As long as your a fan of the Team and not just certain players, then you're a true fan!

I was ready to get League Pass if Manu went to Denver. And while I would've stayed a Manu fan, I wouldn't have minded seeing his ass go fishing after the first round. :spin

SequSpur
07-15-2005, 09:40 PM
Is the Best Buy at Ingram? I may have some inside info.

Benosgirl14
07-15-2005, 09:59 PM
It doesn't matter if you've been a fan of the Spurs for 15 years or 2 years. A fan is a fan. Just because I don't know the entire Spurs history since it's ABA days, or stats on Gervin, or when Robinson first entered the league, doesn't make me any less of a fan.

You can't quantify or measure the degree of "fanship" :rolleyes
Good Point

Shelly
07-15-2005, 10:05 PM
Is the Best Buy at Ingram? I may have some inside info.

How's the job going?

SequSpur
07-15-2005, 10:11 PM
Great.

Mixability
07-15-2005, 10:50 PM
I was ready to get League Pass if Manu went to Denver. And while I would've stayed a Manu fan, I wouldn't have minded seeing his ass go fishing after the first round. :spin

Manu in a Denver uniform would've been horrible! I had no doubt Gino was just humoring the Nuggets though. But even if the Spurs would've let him walk, I would've still reluctantly supported their decision...good thing it didn't have to come to that.