PDA

View Full Version : Pacers: Indiana is a very solid team with a promising future, tbh..

HarlemHeat37
06-03-2013, 09:48 PM
Hibbert and George were exposed once Miami turned shit on, but both guys have room to grow, tbh..

They both need to work on learning how to play against aggressive defenses, tbh..

Pacers were 1 win away from the Finals with arguably the worst bench in the NBA and no point guard on the roster..if they can flip Granger and acquire some depth, they will be a bubble contender for years to come, tbh..

benefactor
06-03-2013, 09:49 PM
They badly need a real PG.

HarlemHeat37
06-03-2013, 09:52 PM
I could be wrong, but IIRC, no team in the modern era has been to 4 consecutive NBA Finals..

Miami is going to be exhausted next year, Indiana's front office needs to take advantage, tbh..Hibbert and George need to be in the gym all Summer, too..

DAF86
06-03-2013, 09:52 PM
They need a PG and George isn't a number 1 guy. I guess they could pull a '04 Pistons but I highly doubt it.

baseline bum
06-03-2013, 09:53 PM
This was the high point for them.

AaronY
I could be wrong, but IIRC, no team in the modern era has been to 4 consecutive NBA Finals..

Miami is going to be exhausted next year, Indiana's front office needs to take advantage, tbh..Hibbert and George need to be in the gym all Summer, too..
Boston 84-87

HarlemHeat37
George is overrated, but he has low-end #1 potential IMO..

TrainOfThought5
06-03-2013, 09:54 PM
This offseason will be critical for them.

HarlemHeat37
06-03-2013, 09:55 PM
Boston 84-87

Steve Kerr lied to me then:lol..

TDMVPDPOY
06-03-2013, 09:56 PM
go out and get a real pg who handle the ball...

looking at augustine and hill afraid to pass it down low when hibbert was posting and had position...fkn wankers

Richie
06-03-2013, 09:59 PM
Hibbert is nowhere near as good as he's looked in this series

Ghazi
06-03-2013, 09:59 PM
They will be legit contenders soon. Capable of beating the heat in either 2014 or 2015 imo they have more upside than the heat

DAF86
06-03-2013, 10:01 PM
Chris Paul should sign with this team,tbh.

hater
06-03-2013, 10:02 PM
:lol solid team

Hill starting PG

Ian Mahinmi

Lance Stephenson

Dejay Augustin

Sam Young

Frank Vogel :lol

Jumi
06-03-2013, 10:03 PM
George is overrated, but he has low-end #1 potential IMO..
What's a number 1?

If I assume you mean number one scoring option on a team, what's the point if you're not playing deep into the post season?

baseline bum
06-03-2013, 10:05 PM
I'd give the Gangster Disciple / Frenchie pairing a better chance of dethroning them.

SanDiegoSpursFan
06-03-2013, 10:06 PM
Can't see them beating a healthy Chicago.

DMX7
06-03-2013, 10:08 PM
Define "modern era".

Hoops Czar
06-03-2013, 10:12 PM
Hibbert and George were exposed once Miami turned shit on, but both guys have room to grow, tbh..

They both need to work on learning how to play against aggressive defenses, tbh..

Pacers were 1 win away from the Finals with arguably the worst bench in the NBA and no point guard on the roster..if they can flip Granger and acquire some depth, they will be a bubble contender for years to come, tbh..

Harlem caught with his pants down again....

:lol " Miami never gets to the free throw line" Miami 32-36, Indiana 12-18.

HarlemHeat37
06-03-2013, 10:13 PM
What's a number 1?

If I assume you mean number one scoring option on a team, what's the point if you're not playing deep into the post season?

Best player on a team, tbh..

Like Paul Pierce in 2008, though Pierce needed a super team and probably wasn't even the best player on his team, tbh..

m33p0
06-03-2013, 10:17 PM
Chris Paul should sign with this team,tbh.

I was thinking of that but i dont think he'll come over to a non-glamour town now thay he's in LA witj billy crystal to cheer him on. But they dont need a cp3. Even just a half decent pg to protect the ball and call out plays and hit the occassional 3 and a better option than stephenson should do the trick.

Jumi
06-03-2013, 10:22 PM
Best player on a team, tbh..

Like Paul Pierce in 2008, though Pierce needed a super team and probably wasn't even the best player on his team, tbh..

If that's the criteria, then he's definitely a number one! He isn't a finished product and he's this good already. Once he has a consistent go to move he's gonna be money. Indy has to be smart and not overreact to a crushing defeat and continue to build the team with an eye towards the future.

Rogue
06-03-2013, 11:02 PM
Pacers have no real PG and we acquired our starting PG from them last summer, it's either because a.) Indiana were so stupid they traded their only legit PG to us or b.) he's indeed a worthless stub that even the pacers didn't want

Chinook
06-03-2013, 11:06 PM
Pacers have no real PG and we acquired our starting PG from them last summer, it's either because a.) Indiana were so stupid they traded their only legit PG to us or b.) he's indeed a worthless stub that even the pacers didn't want

Yeah, that trade is ludicrous. Indiana had the cap room to sign Ian outright, but they waited until after inking Hill to a new deal to try to acquire him. They ended up having to S&T him, and signing Augustine to replace Collison. That move there may have cost Indiana a chance to win this series.

Budkin
06-03-2013, 11:22 PM

The toll that shit takes on your body is brutal. It would be miraculous if Miami makes it back.

DMC
06-04-2013, 12:02 AM

Collison was making too much for his shitty services. Their fuck up was allowing the Leonard/Hill deal to go down. What George Hill does is slow the game down, but too fucking slow. It's slow for no reason other than Hill has no court awareness/vision and his passing ability sucks. His handles are worse than Paul George. The Pacers basically play with a 11 second shot clock. Their ball movement is for looks only, it doesn't provide a "better best" scenario like it should it it fools no one. They don't have the threats outside to cause anyone to scramble to chase the ball around the perimeter so most of their outside ball movement is just going through the motions. They have no playbook, cannot set real screens, have no secondary screens, no back screens, they rarely cut to the basket, no real P&R game, just one on one until the clock expires then either hurl up a long attempt or try to dump it down low.

They need a coach and a system, other than Hill they have the pieces.

ViceCity84
06-04-2013, 12:44 AM
Pacers suck.They didn''t even win 50 games in the weak east.Miami toyed with them.their last 3 wins were eaaaaaasy with game 7 being the easiest.
Awful bench
Below average backcourt

Our Spurs would of smoked Grizzlies East in 5 games.

racm
06-04-2013, 02:00 AM
If you ask me, unless the Pacers add a good PG they'll be like the 80s Bucks. Good enough to constantly be in the Conference Finals, have a good starting five, but their lack of bench and a superstar will do them in.

UNCLE-DREW
06-04-2013, 02:04 AM
If you ask me, unless the Pacers add a good PG they'll be like the 80s Bucks. Good enough to constantly be in the Conference Finals, have a good starting five, but their lack of bench and a superstar will do them in.

Best move they could do is trade granger for depth on the bench and mayb a capable PG indeed. Without that i doubt they will be in the conference finals next year. I do believe that George can lift his game up to a top 10 player and with the depth then they can be scary.

racm
06-04-2013, 02:22 AM
Best move they could do is trade granger for depth on the bench and mayb a capable PG indeed. Without that i doubt they will be in the conference finals next year. I do believe that George can lift his game up to a top 10 player and with the depth then they can be scary.

Yeah. at worst George could look like Paul Pressey - capable point forward. At best he'll be a top 3 SF easily.

Rogue
06-04-2013, 04:31 AM
Collison was making too much for his shitty services. Their fuck up was allowing the Leonard/Hill deal to go down. What George Hill does is slow the game down, but too fucking slow. It's slow for no reason other than Hill has no court awareness/vision and his passing ability sucks. His handles are worse than Paul George. The Pacers basically play with a 11 second shot clock. Their ball movement is for looks only, it doesn't provide a "better best" scenario like it should it it fools no one. They don't have the threats outside to cause anyone to scramble to chase the ball around the perimeter so most of their outside ball movement is just going through the motions. They have no playbook, cannot set real screens, have no secondary screens, no back screens, they rarely cut to the basket, no real P&R game, just one on one until the clock expires then either hurl up a long attempt or try to dump it down low.

They need a coach and a system, other than Hill they have the pieces.
they had nothing yet still managed to make the conference finals and dragged the heat to 7 games. if you give them a decent PG, the league = fucked? Hill looks slow in their system because that's exactly the style of game they choose to play i think, dude was initiated tons of fastbreaks when he was playing in san antonio if i remember correct. they have a dominant big in the form of Hibert so they have every reason make the most of this advantage. Hill's offensive talent have been badly constrained on the Pacers and they're still using him only because he's a solid defender imho

plus Vogel has done a good job taking the team this far tbh. the Pacers have a good tradition of cultivating good coaches (Carlisle as another example)

dg7md
06-04-2013, 06:50 AM
They just need a passing point guard and a more reliable shooter and I think they could be title contenders. Their bench is a problem, but finding reliable bench players shouldn't be too hard.

jdiggy0424
06-04-2013, 01:44 PM
Wonder how much of a piece of shit Danny Granger felt like knowing that he lost his paycheck to George.