PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to George Hill and the Pacers for a good run this year.

phyzik
06-03-2013, 10:36 PM
While I'm sure they are disapointed, pushing the defending champs to a game 7 in the ECF is pretty damn good.

DPG21920
06-03-2013, 10:37 PM
It is. Still rough watching Hill be exposed though. He's not a true PG. Very good player, but he needs help.

SpurPadre
06-03-2013, 10:42 PM
The Pacers can also make the argument that they were a stupid coaching decision by Vogel in Game 1 from actually winning the series. So, props to them. Now, it's time for them to return the favor with Hibbert giving TD a call and giving him pointers on how to dominate those punks down low.

phyzik
06-03-2013, 10:44 PM
I still cant believe we traded away Paul George!!

:lol

TheGoldStandard
06-03-2013, 10:45 PM
Vogel needs to go back to coaching school, Miami goes on a pretty good run but no time outs to slow momentum. No plays to get Hibbert deep in the post, or proper pick n roll. Paul George or George Hill or Augustine would run away from the screen when the pick man would set the screen. And for the most part the pick man wouldn't even properly set the screen. Hibbert would catch the ball and then keep the ball low allowing him to get stripped or shoot a stupid jumper. When he was aggressive he was getting drunks, layups or put backs. No perimeter shooting at all!!! No bench!

Indiana has cap space, need a real PG.

Juggity
06-03-2013, 10:55 PM
I would have said "congrats" if they actually showed up to this game. Pretty embarrassing performance tbh. One of the worst game sevens I've ever witnessed.

Chinook
06-03-2013, 10:59 PM
He'll be fine if they can find a good ball-handling guard, even if it means playing small with Hill at the two. There's no way they'll get over the hump with Stevenson running the point. And moving George over to fit Granger in is a bad idea, too.

DOS CHAINZ
06-03-2013, 11:04 PM
Def a good run

baseline bum
06-03-2013, 11:06 PM
Glad the Spurs traded his ass before they had to pay him.

phyzik
06-03-2013, 11:07 PM
Glad the Spurs traded his ass before they had to pay him.

He wasnt THAT bad.... but yes, in hindisght, Im glad for the trade.

baseline bum
06-03-2013, 11:09 PM

He wasnt THAT bad.... but yes, in hindisght, Im glad for the trade.

He's sure not worth the $8 million a year he's getting until the summer of 2017.

Kidd K
06-03-2013, 11:10 PM
And keep this in mind: Danny Granger was out with injury. Imagine if they had him instead of the shaky, inconsistent Stephenson (who was playing his role).

Pacers will be really good next year. I'm proud of George Hill and I think Roy Hibbert has to be listed among the best bigs in the NBA now. He's way better than Bynum now imo.

jesterbobman
06-04-2013, 12:53 AM
If they had a bench, they'd been even closer to winning. Their starters dicked the heat all series long, the bench was Bobcats level bad. If Bench could be close to even, they might have had the series.

Darkwaters
06-04-2013, 02:38 AM
Danny Granger missing all season makes all of this weirder. They had a great year without their star player. They could make some serious noise in the playoffs next year. And having been eliminated by the Heat two years in a row, but having played them very tough both years, they might be the ones to knock them out early next season.

Legacy
06-04-2013, 02:45 AM
Thanks to Georgey and The Gang for dragging this series out all the way to game 7 just for us! It really means a LOT!! :p:

phyzik
06-04-2013, 03:24 AM
He's sure not worth the $8 million a year he's getting until the summer of 2017.

I agree on that, but I also don't think the Spurs would have offered him any where near that amount and who knows how much better he would be with Chip coaching his shooting and Pop getting on his ass. Kawhi has been a revelation since we got him, but don't sell Green short based on Kawhi's performance or his own (Green's) performance in the few years we had him. He did help Indiana make the ECF and in no small part either. Heck, if it wasn't for him, the argument could be made that the Heat would have won game 6.

He's not a HOF player by any means, but he is a baller and when he gets hot he can drain shots against the best of them.

baseline bum
06-04-2013, 03:57 AM
I agree on that, but I also don't think the Spurs would have offered him any where near that amount and who knows how much better he would be with Chip coaching his shooting and Pop getting on his ass. Kawhi has been a revelation since we got him, but don't sell Green short based on Kawhi's performance or his own (Green's) performance in the few years we had him. He did help Indiana make the ECF and in no small part either. Heck, if it wasn't for him, the argument could be made that the Heat would have won game 6.

He's not a HOF player by any means, but he is a baller and when he gets hot he can drain shots against the best of them.

'Eh, I hated Hill's pick & roll defense here and wouldn't have wanted him back at anything approaching his market value. I thought the Spurs fleeced Indy in that trade the day it was done based on the San Diego State games I had watched and the contracts Hill was going to get offered. The fact that Leonard has improved so much in these two years just widens the gulf.

phyzik
06-04-2013, 04:16 AM
'Eh, I hated Hill's pick & roll defense here and wouldn't have wanted him back at anything approaching his market value. I thought the Spurs fleeced Indy in that trade the day it was done based on the San Diego State games I had watched and the contracts Hill was going to get offered. The fact that Leonard has improved so much in these two years just widens the gulf.

I think, if circumstances allowed it, Hill could have been a major piece for the Spurs.... Look what he has done for Indiana....

Hindsight is 20/20

Lets just agree to disagree.

TampaDude
06-04-2013, 08:00 AM
Hibbert is a beast. Would love to have him on the Spurs. No homo.