PDA

View Full Version : What can be done about the Heat's relentless flopping?

SpurPadre
06-03-2013, 10:40 PM
Should it be a case of "two can play at that game" with Manu actually making good on his alleged flopping or should we just leave it to Pop to prod the refs about their non-stop flopping? Of course, that won't work in a Crawford game but the Pacers just seemed resigned to the Heat getting away with flopping.

davidbowie
06-03-2013, 10:55 PM
it was really out of hand during tonight's game. they were by 15 and lebron was flopping like a fish. bosh too.

HarlemHeat37
06-03-2013, 11:00 PM
The Pacers had a massive FT disparity in their favor throughout the series, tbh, despite a similar amount of points in the paint and fastbreak points..

The refs aren't going to determine the outcome, tbh..

Some of you sound like Suns fans from 2005 to 2008, tbh..

SpurPadre
06-03-2013, 11:05 PM
it was really out of hand during tonight's game. they were by 15 and lebron was flopping like a fish. bosh too.

I didn't realize until the Bulls series how much they flop but apparently, they've been pulling this stuff ever since the organization bought their way here.

SpurPadre
06-03-2013, 11:07 PM
The Pacers had a massive FT disparity in their favor throughout the series, tbh, despite a similar amount of points in the paint and fastbreak points..

No, let's not be apologists, here. It's not just at looking at the box score and just looking at free throw attempts. It's about watching the actual games.

dbestpro
06-03-2013, 11:08 PM

The art of the star call comes with timely calls that end streaks or comebacks. Calls are routinely called at meaningless times to even the calls out. Miami simply plays off of this, flops on every offensive play, and fouls on every defensive play. It ani't pretty and it ain't basketball, but it sure is good for merchandising sales.

Budkin
06-03-2013, 11:13 PM
Nothing... gotta play through it. We can do it.

dallasmaverickslose
06-03-2013, 11:14 PM
Gotta play in spite of it. Hope our boys play angry throughout the series.

I WANT to see LeBron's face like it is in my sig at the end of this series!!!

FromWayDowntown
It's over. Lebron "is 20, 40, 50 times better" now than he was in 2007.

Spurs and Mavs fan
Given that the Heat are already in the Finals, then wouldn't the high TV ratings be pretty much there one way or another - just by virtue of the Heat's very appearance in the Finals? Perhaps there will be no particular reason for officiating to favor one team or another.

Vito Corleone
Miami is the most fake champion to come around since, well ever.

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-03-2013, 11:15 PM
It's over. Lebron "is 20, 40, 50 times better" now than he was in 2007.

Is he scoring 600 points a game? Making 100% of his baskets? Getting 150 rebounds a game?

SpurPadre
06-03-2013, 11:17 PM
Gotta play in spite of it. Hope our boys play angry throughout the series.

I WANT to see LeBron's face like it is in my sig at the end of this series!!!

THAT would be more rewarding than this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck9nyiwaTIg

dallasmaverickslose
06-03-2013, 11:20 PM
THAT would be more rewarding than this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck9nyiwaTIg

:lmao I almost completely forgot about that!

davidbowie
06-03-2013, 11:23 PM
winning on their floor. knocking out these pieces of shit. crapping on every worthless little puke bandwagon heat fan riding around in sa right now. oh god..!!! it's gonna be glorious/

FromWayDowntown
06-03-2013, 11:28 PM
Is he scoring 600 points a game? Making 100% of his baskets? Getting 150 rebounds a game?

From Game 7 postgame presser:

Q. How much better do you feel going in [against the Spurs] armed with what you've got now?

A. Uh. Well first of all, um, I have ah, I think our team is more experienced, first of all. My Cleveland team, you know, we were very young, um, and you know we went up against a very experienced team, a well-coached team and they took advantage of everything that we did. And, um, I think you know for this team, this is our third year advancing to the Finals, um, so we're very experienced as well; we're not young, we're not inexperienced, we understand what the opportunity we have. And then, uh, I'm a much better player; I'm twenty, forty, fifty times better than I was in the 07 Finals, uh, very young and uh, you know. So.

Mugen
06-03-2013, 11:31 PM
We gun show em what floppin' is really about tbh.

daslicer
06-03-2013, 11:36 PM
I look forward to a play where Ginobili runs into Lebron and flops at the same time when Lebron does it. That should be pretty funny.

SpurPadre
06-03-2013, 11:48 PM
I look forward to a play where Ginobili runs into Lebron and flops at the same time when Lebron does it. That should be pretty funny.

Except that Lebron would win the benefit of that call because he'd just propel backward 50 feet and get Manu a Flagrant 2 on the spot.

dallasmaverickslose
06-04-2013, 12:01 AM
Except that Lebron would win the benefit of that call because he'd just propel backward 50 feet and get Manu a Flagrant 2 on the spot.

David Stern will then proceed to hold a press conference where he will accuse Pop of trying to injure the princess of the NBA, LeBron, and then vow substantial sanctions. The entire Spurs will then be fined $250,000 and the entire team will be suspended for the remainder of the finals. The end.

Keepin' it real
06-04-2013, 12:04 AM
I think Kawhi and Green will get few if any favorable calls when guarding Wade or James.

But on the other hand, it will be hard for the Heat to flop when Spurs are spotting up for open 3s all series long.