PDA

View Full Version : Blair

Nathan89
06-04-2013, 12:41 AM
Do think Pop might utilize Blair a little in the finals?

I feel like his floater/touch can be useful on a pnr when they trap the ball handler. Him being 270 pounds of pure muscle should cause problems if they try to put Battier on him.

He could come in handy this series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbTKxQJ2sh0

1min mark and 2 min mark nice examples of the benefits of his touch

BillMc
06-04-2013, 12:43 AM
Like Blair, but where would we hide him on defense?

DMC
06-04-2013, 12:43 AM
No

playblair
06-04-2013, 12:45 AM
yes......... bonner is not for this series........... bonner defending battier/birdman = heat win .......... blair would dominate battier.............

TrueSpursFan
06-04-2013, 12:47 AM
No, plus don't think spolstra will play him much just like tonight, not good matchup

Nathan89
06-04-2013, 12:49 AM
Like Blair, but where would we hide him on defense?

Battier couldn't do anything on him he couldn't do on Bonner imo. Just depends how useful Bonner is at stretching the floor. If he's scared to shoot I rather play and get some of the advantage that he brings to the team.

Nathan89
06-04-2013, 12:54 AM
No, plus don't think spolstra will play him much just like tonight, not good matchup

Spo won't hesitate to put Battier on Bonner. He'll be playing against the Spurs because we don't play two offensive bigs that can punish a smaller guy like Battier. You'll even see Battier on Splitter.

HarlemHeat37
06-04-2013, 12:57 AM
DeJuan Blair shouldn't be playing in an NBA Finals game, tbh..he's better suited to play for the Bobcats or Kings..

I'd rather see McGrady, if we're reaching to the end of the bench:lol..

TrueSpursFan
06-04-2013, 12:58 AM
Spo won't hesitate to put Battier on Bonner. He'll be playing against the Spurs because we don't play two offensive bigs that can punish a smaller guy like Battier. You'll even see Battier on Splitter.

When Duncan and splitter are on the floor, no battier and that's alright by me. Rather have Haslem or birdman out there than battier. Spolstra will have to be forced to play big hopefully

wtgspurs
06-04-2013, 01:27 AM
Does anyone see it wrong to use Blair as a backup SF or PF for Kawhi? I think it might work out good putting him in the game to Guard Lebron for at least a minute or 2 and if he's producing well on offense...heck, why not give him more minutes.

JingleJangleJingle
06-04-2013, 01:42 AM
yeah T-Mac should be our 5th big coming off the bench.

Darkwaters
06-04-2013, 02:23 AM
Does anyone see it wrong to use Blair as a backup SF or PF for Kawhi? I think it might work out good putting him in the game to Guard Lebron for at least a minute or 2 and if he's producing well on offense...heck, why not give him more minutes.

[/thread]

John B
06-04-2013, 06:50 AM
Spurs have to learn from the Pacers, they win if they play big and control the boards. If he concentrates on getting rebounds and boxing out people, I don't have problem. But he needs to stay in front of Lebron and not gamble on steal or Lebron will blow by him with a thunderous dunk

exstatic
06-04-2013, 07:07 AM
We have to run a big rotation of Tim, Tiago, and Boris. No one else. You have to stay as big as possible, and if they put in Battier, attack him mercilessly in the post. He cannot be allowed to play big minutes. The Heat offense runs SO much better with him in the game.

mudyez
06-04-2013, 07:17 AM
We have to run a big rotation of Tim, Tiago, and Boris. No one else. You have to stay as big as possible, and if they put in Battier, attack him mercilessly in the post. He cannot be allowed to play big minutes. The Heat offense runs SO much better with him in the game.

This!

But I guess we will see Bonner for at least 12 minutes/game anyway.

DOS CHAINZ
06-04-2013, 08:38 AM
I think Blair only does well with Manu out on the floor with him. They got the 2 man ball down & he better be crashing the boards.

DOS CHAINZ
06-04-2013, 08:43 AM

If we want to stay big we need Baynes in that rotation as well. He did good against Howard & Gasol rd 1. We just need his services for a few minutes to rest Timmy & Tiago. I've noticed Tiago does get winded and missed easy layups & chip in usually in the 4th. We can't afford that.

hooperflash
06-04-2013, 09:54 AM
Spoelstra is gonna run his players to the ground.

ShinerBlack
06-04-2013, 09:57 AM
The Heat don't have any dominant big men on their team that will over power Blair. This is a team that Blair can give the Spurs some good minutes against. Having said that, I don't expect to see him unless all our other bigs get into foul trouble.

davidbowie
06-04-2013, 10:15 AM
dejuan needs to rough up birdman

manufan10
06-04-2013, 10:23 AM

Blue font?

moisaenz
06-04-2013, 10:32 AM
dejuan needs to rough up birdman

CIA POP should put Baynes on birdman, test his mental toughness. I would love to see him try to push Baynes around..

Nathan89
06-14-2013, 08:57 AM
I'm still waiting for this tbh.

Tired of seeing Splitter blocked and stripped all game. That leads to easy baskets for the Heat and a bunch easy points that we miss out on. He can't get any rebounds. There isn't a big for him to guard and he can't guard dwade. Way to spit in the face of a superstar Pop. He could guard Miller but he'll still be an offensive liability.

Blair will go out there and give us points and rebounds. He'll shoot floater that won't be blocked very often and stick his body into someone to score by the rim. 12-15pts off the bench without much playing time, more boards, and less wasted possessions.

Diaw will start next game at pf. Leonard will get some pf minutes. Splitter shouldn't be playing any minutes besides as Tim's backup(at most). Bonner is also trash but he will also get some pf minutes. PlayBlair!

TheGreatYacht
06-14-2013, 09:08 AM
I've been saying all along that this would be the perfect series for Dejuan Blair to play. He's another big body that can go out there and bang with those midgets of the Heat. Blair can defend Lebron in the post and he's not afraid pass up an easy shot.

I've always thought that Blair and Diaw are very similar players. They both pass the ball well. I love Blair's floater which can come in handy when he catches the ball in the middle. Splitter either goes in soft to get his shot blocked or tries to pass to the corner turning the ball over. As long as Blair goes in to the game with the mindset that he has to defend, box out his man, and rebound then he should be fine.

Sadly, Blair has as much of a chance as McGrady to get playing time. We all know what happens when someone is in Pop's dog house. Just ask Malik Rose or Stephen Jackson. That is one thing that I've always thought that Phil Jackson has over Pop and that is the ability to manage egos. Instead of trying to manage ego, Pop just straight up benches the player. He doesn't attempt to manage the situation. As much of a genius Pop is, he can't handle player personalities.