PDA

View Full Version : Amateur: Hypothetical scenario: Lebron stays in Cleveland

thunderup
06-04-2013, 01:19 AM
How many times does he get to the finals in that shitty conference?

Does he choke like he did from 03-10?

How many titles does he win?

KaiRMD1
06-04-2013, 01:24 AM
He doesn't win any but the whole craze for super teams isn't brought up as much or at least some other team pulls the same bullshit and Lebron isn't the most polarizing figure in sports.

Thebesteva
06-04-2013, 01:27 AM

BaseketBALL was right....all sports are slowly becoming shit

thunderup
06-04-2013, 01:37 AM
He doesn't win any but the whole craze for super teams isn't brought up as much or at least some other team pulls the same bullshit and Lebron isn't the most polarizing figure in sports.
My thinking is the teams that gave him problems (Boston, Chicago, Orlando) all age or become injury wagons par the course. This by default pushes Cleveland into the finals some but not at the monopolistic 3 straight trip rate the Heat are on. Does Cleveland beat Dallas, Oklahoma City and San Antonio? Probably not. I think we see another 2009,10,11 Lebron-quit/chokish pussy performance. Hell, he probably doesn't even get to the finals given his penchant for choking and relying on his supporting cast to carry him throughout stretches in games.

UNCLE-DREW
06-04-2013, 02:00 AM
My thinking is the teams that gave him problems (Boston, Chicago, Orlando) all age or become injury wagons par the course. This by default pushes Cleveland into the finals some but not at the monopolistic 3 straight trip rate the Heat are on. Does Cleveland beat Dallas, Oklahoma City and San Antonio? Probably not. I think we see another 2009,10,11 Lebron-quit/chokish pussy performance. Hell, he probably doesn't even get to the finals given his penchant for choking and relying on his supporting cast to carry him throughout stretches in games.

If all they could come up with were the likes of Mo Williams in a 7 year span, There was no way in hell Cleveland would have beaten the Bulls 2011.

JoeTait75
06-04-2013, 03:16 AM

Choke? LeBron never choked in Cleveland. From 2003 through '09 his teams weren't good enough to win it all and/or he didn't have all the skills he needed to carry them through. In 2010 he simply quit on his team.

Clipper Nation
06-04-2013, 06:13 AM
LeBron would never win a ring in Cleveland because they would never get a good enough complementary player.... not even Michael Redd or broke-down Yao Ming were willing to sign with the Cavs, 'nuff said......

Chinook
06-04-2013, 12:09 PM
Apparently, had James stayed, the Cavs would have had Bosh, too. That probably takes away any chance that the Heat are relevant. I think Cleveland would have started to draw more competent vets like Miami did. By now, they'd probably be the best team in the East.

Michael Jordan.
06-04-2013, 12:12 PM
We're gonna have this same discussion for when Durant bolts OKC. I can't wait for thundercuck's take on him then.

http://cdn.ientry.com/sites/webpronews/article_pics/kd_mom.gif

JoeTait75
06-04-2013, 12:17 PM
Apparently, had James stayed, the Cavs would have had Bosh, too. That probably takes away any chance that the Heat are relevant. I think Cleveland would have started to draw more competent vets like Miami did. By now, they'd probably be the best team in the East.

Cleveland is still Cleveland and Miami is still Miami regardless of where LeBron plays. That's just the reality. How many big-time free-agents did the Cavaliers get with LeBron?

I'm not trying to knock my city, just stating the fact- NBA ballers generally don't want to come here if they have other options.

And IIRC Bosh was very, very cool on the prospect of going to Cleveland.

Chinook
06-04-2013, 12:50 PM
Cleveland is still Cleveland and Miami is still Miami regardless of where LeBron plays. That's just the reality. How many big-time free-agents did the Cavaliers get with LeBron?

I'm not trying to knock my city, just stating the fact- NBA ballers generally don't want to come here if they have other options.

And IIRC Bosh was very, very cool on the prospect of going to Cleveland.

From what I remember, everyone had agreed to a Bosh sign-and-trade, but then Bosh pulled out and agreed with Miami. My assumption is that he did so because James decided to go there too, but it's certainly possible that Bosh decided that on his own AND that it may have even been the death knell for Cleveland's ability to keep James. I found a Yahoo article {http://voices.yahoo.com/chris-bosh-trade-cleveland-offered-toronto-teams-6349344.html} backing up what you say (apparently, Bosh used the word "cold" to be punny about Ohio winters). But it also suggests Bosh may have gone to wherever James wanted to.

As as Spurs fan, I can certainly understand the reality of team locations and how that affects free agents, but I think that James and Bosh together would have probably been the most attractive core in the East (or at least second of the Celtics' at the time). I think it's very possible that Mike Miller and Shane Battier would have been just as inclined to go to Cleveland, and Jamison's expiring may have been able to net them something that season. Hell, maybe they end up trading with Los Angeles and getting the first-overall pick anyway, although that seems incredibly unlikely, given how inept Cleveland's front office was at the time.

DeadlyDynasty
06-04-2013, 12:53 PM
I think they could've won the title last year, possibly

Phillip
06-04-2013, 02:08 PM
He never really choked in Cleveland. He just had no help, and teams were able to double him pretty much every possession, without any consequences because his teammates blew so much ass. Even then, he had plenty of magnificent performances and playoff runs, even though they ended earlier than they would have liked.

TIMMYtoZO
06-04-2013, 04:17 PM
Cavs still never sniff a title.

whitemamba
06-04-2013, 04:50 PM
Cavs still never sniff a title.

cosign

Chinook
06-04-2013, 06:26 PM
As I kind of touched on, the effects would have been pretty big for other teams, too. The Clippers would have had Kyrie Irving, and CP3 would have been playing for the Lakers. That meant Nash in New York and Kidd retiring in Dallas. So many other effects as far as minor free agents and draft picks. I think the landscape of both conferences would have been pretty different.

Clipper Nation
06-04-2013, 06:48 PM
The Clippers would have had Kyrie Irving
Odds are we wouldn't have had Kyrie if we kept the pick, tbh....