PDA

View Full Version : Woj: Finals belong to Heat's LeBron James, but he shares stage of greatness with...

FlAVaK
06-04-2013, 08:05 AM
...Spurs

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--nba-finals-belong-to-heat-s-lebron-james--but-he-shares-stage-of-greatness-with-spurs-072116264.html

Great quote: "I'm not going to do it," Holt insisted that night. "We're all going to die together."

TampaDude
06-04-2013, 08:15 AM
Finally, my wish comes true...Spurs and Heat for all the marbles.

LET'S GET IT ON!!!

jag
06-04-2013, 08:17 AM
Six years later, James has traded Boobie Gibson and Larry Hughes for Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh, Cleveland for Miami. Six years later, the league does belong to LeBron James, but somehow Duncan and these timeless San Antonio Spurs await him again. Somehow, the Spurs make time stand still.

:cry

Tears of joy

Do it for the Admiral! DO IT FOR DAVID!

Russo21
06-04-2013, 08:30 AM
Man words can't describe how excited and pumped up I am for this series. Hopefully it's an historic matchup that will remain in memory for generations (Let's Face it, non spurs fans forgot about our other 4 championships as soon as we got them, or maybe they didn't notice at all) This is gonna be a great one. I'll struggle sleeping for the next freakin fortnight. Our Beloved ageless GOAT in the NBA Finals again vs the current Great One. This is gonna be a an all time series that will never be forgotten. Make us Proud San Antonio we're all behind you and with you 100%

peacemaker885
06-04-2013, 08:42 AM
...Spurs

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--nba-finals-belong-to-heat-s-lebron-james--but-he-shares-stage-of-greatness-with-spurs-072116264.html

Great quote: "I'm not going to do it," Holt insisted that night. "We're all going to die together."

An all of Spursdom...we are all here...

"Are you with me?"
"To the death."
―Peter Pevensie and Oreius at the Battle of Beruna.

Yuixafun
06-04-2013, 08:43 AM
Man... watched that post game interview with Lebron and....

I'm sure he's not forgotten the sweep... when he said "I'm 40x 50 better" there is this look on his face like he's been dying to show the Spurs how much he's grown.

And the last part of his interview, when he talks about how he just wanted basketball to fun again, how he's not playing just for himself anymore, but how he wanted to represent his family his people and perform at the highest level, and how everything is in perspective for him now... I think we can expect a monster.

Tony is 10 times as good if anything lol...

carina_gino20
06-04-2013, 12:10 PM
"Are you with me?"
"To the death."
―Peter Pevensie and Oreius at the Battle of Beruna.

"No! To the pain!"

Spurs Brazil
06-04-2013, 03:08 PM
great read

crc21209
06-04-2013, 03:14 PM
Woj bringing the goods as always. Great article...:tu

tesseractive
06-04-2013, 03:27 PM

Tears of joy

Do it for the Admiral! DO IT FOR DAVID!

Remember the Alamodome! :cry :cry

cheguevara
06-04-2013, 09:12 PM
On the night when they raised the Spurs' fourth championship banner of the Duncan era in late October of 2007, Spurs owner Peter Holt and I were discussing the demise of the Chicago Bulls and Shaq-Kobe Lakers dynasties. Holt left little mystery over whether he would ever have the desire to start on a course of rebuilding with Duncan and Ginobili pushing into their 30s.
"I'm not going to do it," Holt insisted that night. "We're all going to die together."

:wow

JRHernandez88
06-04-2013, 10:27 PM
^----- that quote is sick

brought a few tears to my eyes :cry

no homo tho

JRHernandez88
06-04-2013, 10:29 PM
Man... watched that post game interview with Lebron and....

I'm sure he's not forgotten the sweep... when he said "I'm 40x 50 better" there is this look on his face like he's been dying to show the Spurs how much he's grown.

And the last part of his interview, when he talks about how he just wanted basketball to fun again, how he's not playing just for himself anymore, but how he wanted to represent his family his people and perform at the highest level, and how everything is in perspective for him now... I think we can expect a monster.

Tony is 10 times as good if anything lol...
where can i find that? I agree I still think we're going to win but its going to be a nail biter. Lebron's going to be tough to close out it's going to take a hell of a game from our side.

dbreiden83080
06-04-2013, 10:42 PM
God I hope we win..

Forget OKC last year this one is going to hurt something awful to lose..

hater
06-04-2013, 10:43 PM
Forget OKC last year this one is going to hurt something awful to lose..

why? entering the playoffs spurs were barely contenders. Even Magic and Skip picked the lakers over us :lmao

Spurs overachieved already. Why would it hurt so much LOL

Holt's Cat
06-04-2013, 10:47 PM
"I'm not going to do it," Holt insisted that night. "We're all going to die together."

He tells me that when he changes the litter box. Purrrrrrr....

dbreiden83080
06-04-2013, 10:51 PM
why? entering the playoffs spurs were barely contenders. Even Magic and Skip picked the lakers over us :lmao

Nobody brushes off losing in the finals.. Spurs are not the Nets or the Orlando Magic..

They are used to winning in this spot and expect to win..

Bobby Peru
06-04-2013, 10:51 PM
how fittin as Holt has 1 foot in the grave :lol

Heat in 5

phxspurfan
06-04-2013, 10:59 PM
A franchise for the ages. This is what the 60s Celtics must have been like.

in2deep
06-05-2013, 12:35 AM
:tu

ace3g
06-05-2013, 12:44 AM
Nobody brushes off losing in the finals.. Spurs are not the Nets or the Orlando Magic..

They are used to winning in this spot and expect to win..

Exactly, while OKC loss hurt, it wasn't in the Finals; Spurs have that 4-0 record to protect; I don't even want to imagine what that feels like.

backinblack
06-05-2013, 12:45 AM
Woj never disappoints.

Ice009
06-05-2013, 12:47 AM

I don't even know what to say if you can't comprehend being in the finals. If you are fortunate enough to get there, you got to give it all you got to win it.

Anytime you go all out and give it all you got, if you don't win, it will hurt.

outmap
06-05-2013, 01:01 AM
"No! To the pain!"

LOL! Princess Bride! :D

Bruno
06-05-2013, 01:12 AM
Heat have won 66 games in the regular season, have won the title last year and have the best player since Jordan.

Given all that, Spurs have nothing to lose in that series. By reaching the final, they have quite reach their realistic ceiling. I'm of course hopping for Spurs winning the title but I'm also conscious that it would be a huge upset. Even if Spurs lose the finals, there would have nothing to be ashamed of and very little to be disappointed of. Regardless of what happens in that series, Spurs have had a heck of a season. :tu